MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

Post by chamber »

Shotty to the Body wrote:If you look at the players in this game so far we have
Me: Squee, Goblin Nabob (Weatherlight Crew)
Qwints: Eldamari, Lord of Leaves (Leader of Elven Resistance against Volrath)
Starbuck: Orim, Samite Healer (Weatherlight Crew)
Whoot: Crovax the Cursed (Weatherlight Crew)
Zakeri: Clergy En-Vec (Member of the Vec tribe
against
Volrath, this is signified by En-Vec vs. Il-Vec)
Bogre: Captain Sisay (Weatherlight Crew)
Chamber: Vhati Il-Dal
(Member of the Dal tribe
allied with
Volrath, see above)
Head_Honcho: Hanna, Ship's Navigator (Weatherlight Crew)
Boxman: Ertai, Wizard Adept (Weatherlight Crew)
Zwetschenwasser: Cho-Manno (Spiritual leader from the forest in Mercadia, fell in love with Orim)

Percy: Metallic Sliver (Creation of Volrath to infiltrate the Slivers) Mafia A
Chenhsi: Acidic Sliver (Sliver) Mafia B

Here's my problem, this is made a bit less definitive since the only scum flip we have is a metallic sliver unfortunately, but why is every single confirmed and alleged town player in this game aligned against Volrath EXCEPT chamber who is aligned with Volrath.
I realized this myself as the game progressed. I can only assume my role is a red haring. Its pretty obvious at this point that the mafia are slivers no?
Taking a break from the site.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the flavor, I guess I'm still confused about having a Mafia A and a Mafia B if it was just Slivers it seems like it would've all been one big Mafia group.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

So, mods must be giving fakeclaims, right? Unless every scum just coincidentally has the knowledge necessary to pick a claim which fits with the theme.
Immoral Acts: 0
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Zakeri »

This might actually be a really good lead, since watch:
Chamber: Vhati Il-Dal (Member of the Dal tribe
allied with Volrath
, see above)
Percy: Metallic Sliver (
Creation of Volrath
to infiltrate the Slivers) Mafia A
Chances are good that the two mafias this game are Slivers and Volrath's underlings. I'm willing to believe this since it doesn't make sense flavorwise to have two different groups slivers in the same game.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I'm really glad you posted that Zakeri. I don't have a lot of knowledge of magic canon and have been trying to figure out all game what kind of mafia win condition we were looking at. Think it is safe to assume that mafia A or B would only win when they are the only faction remaining?
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Zakeri »

Head_Honcho wrote:So, mods must be giving fakeclaims, right? Unless every scum just coincidentally has the knowledge necessary to pick a claim which fits with the theme.
That doesn't make sense though. Why would Chenhsi claim Orim then, if he didn't bother to try and get Starbuck lynched by fake counterclaiming?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I don't know, have you noticed that none of the mafia have been black and that we probably don't have an SK at all in this game?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 am

Head_Honcho wrote:So, mods must be giving fakeclaims, right? Unless every scum just coincidentally has the knowledge necessary to pick a claim which fits with the theme.
Yes, I believe so, it was interesting that Chenhsi would claim Orim after Starbuck had done so. I believe he was GIVEN that claim despite it either being a real role or it was given to multiple players as a fake-claim. He said he didn't notice Starbuck had made that claim when queried rather then saying he'd copied it from her.

I'm less convinced on Chamber since he knew the back-story and probably would've made up an En-Vec/Dal role if he knew we were looking for Il-Dal/Vec roles.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 am

Zakeri wrote:This might actually be a really good lead, since watch:
allied with Volrath
, see above)
Creation of Volrath
Chances are good that the two mafias this game are Slivers and Volrath's underlings. I'm willing to believe this since it doesn't make sense flavorwise to have two different groups slivers in the same game.
That's what I thought too.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 am

Head_Honcho wrote:I think I will have something very interesting to post shortly, though I do want to hear what Shotty has to say about Chamber.
WTB this.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Zakeri »

Head_Honcho wrote:I'm really glad you posted that Zakeri. I don't have a lot of knowledge of magic canon and have been trying to figure out all game what kind of mafia win condition we were looking at. Think it is safe to assume that mafia A or B would only win when they are the only faction remaining?
I think it was mentioned in the rules somewhere that a faction can only win if all other factions are dead/ removed from the game, i.e. town can only win if all mafias and serial killers are dead. Different mafia factions (A and B) I would assume also have to kill each other before they can win as a result of this rule. I can't find where it says this though.

Pre-edit: Ah, I found it, rule 21. Although it doesn't really do anything besides imply that the mafias have to kill each other.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:42 am

I disagree, that rule only implies if your separated from your faction and they win a sub-game you do not also win a sub-game, it doesn't hint anything about mafia win-cons all it says is 'if you have this win-con then...'
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Head_Honcho wrote:I think I will have something very interesting to post shortly, though I do want to hear what Shotty has to say about Chamber.
WTB this.
Maybe not that interesting, I pretty much just said it and the more I am thinking about it the more I am second guessing myself.

I think we are dealing with at least one godfather, probably two. Since we are dealing with presumably two man opposing mafia factions I should think there would be at least one godfather. I think it is very likely that each remaining mafioso knows who the other is at this point(I think they shot eachother on the no kill night), and I was initially thinking Starbuck was one of them but I just realized only one night has passed since her claim so I'm really not certain on that.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Zakeri »

All that really means though is that we shouldn't rely on scum hitting each other if we don't lynch one of them. It also means we should be treating this like Lylo if we already aren't.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Well, it actually might tell us something, which is that once again I can't conclude starbuck is anything but town. Presumably, N1 B killed Percy, and A's shot failed, and N2 both shots failed, from which we should be able to assume we have three people capable of protecting themselves from NK to some extent.

At this point though it is all kind of useless speculation, I was p sure I could manage to make a trap out of it initially but I don't think so.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Also Zak, do you have any more info on the nature of your protect? Is it just traditional doc (as opposed to the sliders we've seen a lot of)?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

Reposting the list
Starbuck wrote:Updated with Boxman's info.
Starbuck wrote:Updating the list

Our game

1) Sideney (replaced by Shotty to the Body)
2) Qwints (replaced by X_~), Eladamri, Lord of Leaves, Townie Weak Slider Doctor

3) Starbuck
4) chenhsi, Acidic Sliver, Tempest Mafia B Sliver Shredder, Lynched Day 5 in Tar's game

5) Mr. Big (replaced by Whoot1234), Crovax the Cursed, Townie Miller lynched Day 2 in SSK's game

6) Zakeri
7) Percy, Metallic Sliver, Mafia Goon killed Night 1 in SSK's game.

8) semioldguy (replaced by Slicey, and then Bogre)
9) Sudai (replaced by Chamber)
10) Head_Honcho
11) Boxman, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Townie FBI Agent, Survived in Tar's game

12) Zwetschenwasser, Cho Manno Revolutionary, Bulletproof Townie lynched Day 1 in SSK's game

FL's game

1) SpyreX, Marrow Gnawer, Vanilla Townie, was endgamed and lost by cult D4 in FL's game

2) Papa Zito, Heartless Hidestsugu, Kamigawa Townie Arms Dealer

3) Zazier (replaced by Looker), Sakashima the Impostor, Townie Limited Doctor (originally Townie Copycat), Destroyed Night 3 in Tar's game

4) populartajo, Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage, vanilla townie, has been destroyed N1 in FL's game

5) Yosarian2, That Which Was Taken, Neutral Survivor, has been modkilled and autolossed for a violation of rule 1.

6) Debonair Danny DiPietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1 in FL's game

7) Mufasa, Yuki-Onna, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3 in Tar's game

8) Quagmire, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Cult Leader, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game D4 in FL's game

9) Porkens, Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni, Townie Limited Doctor, was endgamed and lost by cult D4 in FL's game

10) Flava Flave, , Myojin of Night's Reach, Hitman, lynched D1 in FL's game

11) SocioPath, Kiku, Night's Flower, has been lynched D4 in FL's game

12) jammer, Toshiro Umezawa, Awesome Serial Killer, has been lynched D2 in FL's game

Tar's game

1) Kinetic, Nicol Bolas, Nicol Bolas (modified Serial Killer), Destroyed Night 1 in Tar's game

2) veerus, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Townie Communicator, Survived in Tar's game

3) Benmage, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1 in SSK's game

4) ChaosOmega (replaced by StrangerCoug), Mesmeric Sliver, Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Swapper lynched Day 3 in SSK's game

5) Budja, Venser, Shaper Savant, Neutral Planeswalker Survivor, has been lynched D3 in FL's game

6) malthusis, Telekinetic Sliver, Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Redirector, lynched Day 4 in Tar's game

7) Pyromaniac, Jasmine Boreal, Weak-Minded Townie, Destroyed Night 5 in Tar's game

8) Seraphim, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Neutral Survivor(formerly Townie Ass-Whupper) modkilled in Tar's game

9) Sajin, Rhada, Heir to Keld, Sparked Cultist, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, D4 in FL's game

10) Mastin (replaced by animopherv1), Mistform Ultimus, Townie Shapeshifter (post restricted), Survived

11) Vino, Saffi Eriksdotter, Townie Slider Doctor, Lynched Day 2

12) Kairyuu, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Townie Cop, has been destroyed N2 in FL's game
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Zakeri »

My ability states to put a "-1/-1" counter on "This player" and that "This player" would be regenerated for that night. It also warned me that a player with 0 toughness dies.

I figured it meant I was a poisoner/Doctor, in that I could protect anyone, but they would die if I protected them too many times, but on night two when I tried to use my power, I was told that it was a one-shot.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hey Zakeri, when you quote make sure that you format like this:
"Slicey, Isolation read, Post 4" wrote:whatever the person said[ /quote]

Just remove the spaces. =)

Zakeri wrote:This might actually be a really good lead, since watch:
allied with Volrath
, see above)
Creation of Volrath
There have been a couple independents in the game like the cult and star-crossed lovers. Maybe he's not mafia or town, but of his own faction?

It could definitely correlate with why he was active lurking, but then again, Bogre hasn't been back at all.

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Yes, I believe so, it was interesting that Chenhsi would claim Orim after Starbuck had done so. I believe he was GIVEN that claim despite it either being a real role or it was given to multiple players as a fake-claim. He said he didn't notice Starbuck had made that claim when queried rather then saying he'd copied it from her.

I'm less convinced on Chamber since he knew the back-story and probably would've made up an En-Vec/Dal role if he knew we were looking for Il-Dal/Vec roles.
Here's where Chenhsi was queried....
Boxman wrote:Uh, wow. I think Starbuck just proved that chenhsi is scum - there's no way that chenhsi wouldn't counterclaim that unless he was scum.

Any explanations before I vote you, chenhsi?

unvote

And here's where he answered....
chenhsi wrote:*sigh*

Didn't notice that.

No.
I take that whole answer as, "oh fuck, I was caught".

He was in our game for a good long while and could have easily written down my claim to use later thinking that we wouldn't be paying attention to the other games.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

that is extremely believable, and along with having that slicey quote on hand you are pretty much the closest person to cleared here in my eyes. If I could give you the choice to vig shotty or chamber, which one would you choose?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

that was re: zakeri
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

Head_Honcho wrote:I should think there would be at least one godfather. I think it is very likely that each remaining mafioso knows who the other is at this point(I think they shot eachother on the no kill night), and I was initially thinking Starbuck was one of them but I just realized only one night has passed since her claim so I'm really not certain on that.
Or I have been shot at some point and I didn't die because I'm a BP, which would make sense.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

you only have protection from black and no black mafias have flipped.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

Have you ever seen a sliver deck? They are most commonly multi-colored with all 5 colors being used.

So let's take a look at our flipped scum...

Mafia

Malthusis, Telekinetic Sliver, Color = Blue

ChaosOmega, Mesmeric Sliver, Color = Blue

chenhsi, Acidic Sliver, Color = Black/Red

Percy, Metallic Sliver, Color = Artifact

Since we have a Black/Red combo, the only color we are missing is Green and White. There could easily be a Green/White sliver combo out there or two more scum. But we don't have Yosarian's role info to go off of either.

And the rest...

Hitman

Flava Flave, Myojin of Night's Reach, Color = Black

Awesome Serial Killer

Jammer, Toshiro Umezawa, Color = Black

Modified Serial Killer

Kinetic, Nicol Bolas, Color = Blue/Black/Red

Again, we also do not know Yosarian's alignment because he was modkilled.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Reminder: Yosarian2 was Neutral Survivor prior to being modkilled (if his alignment had changed, this would have been revealed in the death post.) - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”