Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:40 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day Four Vote Count #2

2 – TDC (Battousai, SpyreX)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is October 29, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 5 – Debonair Danny DiPietro, forbiddanlight, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi, TDC

LOCK COUNT 3 – Red (SpyreX, Goatrevolt, forbiddanlight)
0 – Blue
0 – Green
0 – Yellow

Not Locking – 4 – Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lord Gurgi, TDC

With
alive, it takes
to lock a floor.

Back-Up Floor
: Green.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I might as well be a sheep and
Lock: Red

I skimmed Batt and Spyrex, and SpyreX is batnuts crazy for Batt's lynch day one and two, but then never says his name day three. Batt doesn't really seem to respond to the suspicion. Batt seems more town of the two, and actually has some consistency in his mentions of SpyreX.

If SpyreX and Batt are town, though, the scum group would have to be two of myself, DDD, and Goat plus TDC.

I just skimmed DDD, Goat, and TDC, there's nothing there that strongly leads me to think the three are partners. There's a lack of suspicion for a large period of time, but that's about it.

So if I had to pick, I'd say that the Spyrex-Batt group is more likely. I don't know who the third partner would be right now.

Goat: So, where do you stand on this? It doesn't look fantastic that you're laying out options, but not taking a real stance.

FL: Go townie go, opinions raaah. Please?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: Go townie go, opinions raaah. Please?
There's nothing to GO on this game. We have 42 pages of "I dunno what to do, what about you?"
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Raaaaaah? :(
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I think it's more likely that TDC is scum than both Battousai and SpyreX, as I said. How is that not a real stance?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Ah, I was expecting some amazing and elaborate case. Hoping might be more correct.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:08 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Raaaaaah?
If it weren't for the fact I'm supposed to be rereading two or three other games, and also had other business, I might have something for you today and buckle down and reread. As it stands I'd really rather not at more to my plate at the moment.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

:(
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Goat: How strongly do you believe that, anyway, now that I have you here.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I don't have an amazing or elaborate case. I've thought TDC is town for much of the game, but I know that I can't be right about all of my town reads, and I think it's less likely that SpyreX and Battousai are both scum. I find Battousai alone more townish than TDC.

It is possible that one of the votes on TDC is scum even if TDC is scum. That is a possibility you overlooked. If TDC is scum, I highly doubt both of his voters are scum, because that would simply be dumb play. Not only would they be pushing a scum buddy in Lylo, but they would be manufacturing a scenario where he looks more and more like scum the longer he sits at L-2 without being lynched. If TDC is indeed scum, you can't simply write off both players on his wagon as being town.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Why would scum push a buddy at this point? Even if it's just one guy on the wagon, why?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Goat: How strongly do you believe that, anyway, now that I have you here.
Fairly. The alternative is both Spyre/Batt being scum, and although I can see Spyre as scum, I really don't think Batt is.

Now that Red is locked down, I'm going to go ahead and

Vote TDC
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vote: TDC
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why would scum push a buddy at this point? Even if it's just one guy on the wagon, why?
It's highly doubtful Battousai is scum. Being the first to push the wagon would be foolish. I could see Spyre, though. He is definitely more likely town for being on board, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Scum would push a buddy at this point to avoid having the entire house of cards fall down if one gets caught. If TDC is lynched and only townies are on the wagon, that could be game over.

Anyway, I can see TDC/you/and one of Spyre/FL/DDD being scum fairly easily.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Alright, I guess we wait and watch at this point.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

TDC just died?

Damn.

I really hope that we just didn't get taken by an LG/GR pair....
-StrangerCoug

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:10 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day Four Vote Count #3, End of Day Four

4 – TDC (Battousai, SpyreX, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is October 29, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 3 – Debonair Danny DiPietro, forbiddanlight, TDC

LOCK COUNT 4 – Red (SpyreX, Goatrevolt, forbiddanlight, Lord Gurgi)
0 – Blue
0 – Green
0 – Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, TDC

With
alive, it takes
to lock a floor.

The floor to be locked tonight is: RED.

~

The man in tweed seems to waltz from the elevator. There is a definite aura of elation about him.

“Wow, superb! This is by far the fastest you all have managed to come to a consensus. I am truly impressed.”

In his hands, he carries a copy if Simon, which he sets down on the table in front of TDC.

“It came to my attention last night that our time here has been woefully devoid if playing Simon. How I allowed for such an oversight is completely beyond me, but it is fact nevertheless. As such, I offer you a proposal. This particular Simon game had been modified to my liking. How it is modified, I will not yet reveal. However, I am going to give you a chance to leave this Hotel alive despite the town choosing you to die today. All you have to do is correctly memorize a sequence of 150 buttons. Starting now.”

The game suddenly springs to life, as the blue button lights up with its familiar musical note. TDC looks dumbstruck at first, but immediately presses the blue button in response. The game sits and thinks, and then lights up blue, then yellow. TDC follows suit.

As TDC becomes more and more involved, Mr. Wilson covertly gets the town to edge away from TDC under the pretense of “giving him some space.” He also subtly arranges the town to stand in particular places in the room, and cautions them to not make the tiniest sound to interrupt TDC’s game.

The game musically jingles along:
Blue, yellow, red, red, red, yellow, red, green, blue, blue, green, blue, green, blue, red, yellow, yellow, red, green, blue, red, yellow, green, blue, blue, red, yellow, yellow, blue.
TDC dutifully presses each button in the correct sequence.

The lights and sounds become faster and faster, but TDC amazingly manages to keep pace.

… green, green, yellow, red, blue, red, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, green, red, red, green, red, green, red, blue, blue, yellow, green, blue, yellow, green, blue, red, red…

It seems like the entire room is counting along each iteration. 74 buttons memorized… 75 memorized… 76 memorized…

Once TDC managed to get 80 in a row, the lights on the game suddenly shut off and and the game only announces the music for each button. TDC is not disturbed, and he continues to play. When the game hits 85 in a row, the lights turn back on but the music shuts off. TDC adapts.

At 90, the game seems to be back to normal, operating with both lights and music. But on the ninetieth button, a black light seems to emanate from under the Simon game board with a new cheery musical note. TDC looks somewhat confused as he follows the regular sequence, and when he gets to final note, he physically picks up the game and bounces it on his knee. The game accepts the response as Mr. Wilson smiles, and it begins iteration 91.

The ninety-first sequence starts with the black light, and proceeds to go backwards until reaching its original first note.

TDC makes it about twenty buttons in when suddenly there is a low-pitched:
BUZZZZZZZZZZT!

“Well, you certainly gave it your all, and for that I applaud you. But in the end, you failed. And so, you must die.”

The man in tweed shoots a bullet directly into TDC’s forehead, and TDC falls into the Simon board. The man in tweed then snaps his fingers. All the lights in the room flicker, and three shots ring out simultaneously.

Goatrevolt, Battousai, and Lord Gurgi are left standing in the room with Mr. Wilson.

“Well, congratulations. You have each now successfully survived through two of my Houses, and I daresay if any you would like to become part of my staff that would be quite all right with me. Now, let me show you to the front door…”

TDC, Townie, has been lynched!
He was currently residing on the
Green
floor.
  • forbiddanlight, Town Bellhop is endgamed!
    Blue
    floor.
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro, Townie, is endgamed!
    Green
    floor.
  • SpyreX, Townie, is endgamed!
    He was currently residing no the
    Green
    floor.
The Mafia, Battousai (Bellhop), Lord Gurgi (Concierge), and Goatrevolt (Goon), Wins!

Congratulations! I will post roles and commentary when I have time, but I will probably try to fill in the latest missing scenes first.

Thank you for choosing me to be your /in-vitational moderator: I was very flattered to be asked to run this game, and I hope I lived up to your expectations. If I didn't, feel free to send your complaints to Mr. Wilson. I am sure he will deal with you accordingly. Alternatively, you might try complaining to my fantastic assistant, Mr. Flay, who I am positive will be just as willing to help you with your life's problems.

I hope you all enjoyed the mechanics, the flavor, and most importantly, your fellow players. :)
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh great, we just got taken by Goat and LG.

It was a very well done game, petroleum jelly. I'm just sad that all of us were just so...freaking unmotivated. It's a discredit to you as a mod, and I apologize.

Well, it's a shame I was too little too late :(
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

This game. :(

Well played scum.

Although I think the MVP ultimately is apathy.

I need to learn to follow my itches a bit better, I guess.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Patrick »

Oh dear.

I really feel this setup favours scum though. The normal 2:10 vanilla setup is maybe balanced, though in practice town has scored badly. This was 3:9 and I don't think town had enough to make up for it; the floor mechanic can stop a kill (as happened here) but the bellhop doesn't seem amazingly useful when scum have their own bellhop and a conseige.

Scum were the only side that deserved to win, and I imagine they would have even with a town powerole or two. Well played to them. I was somewhat suspicious of Batt, but Gurgi and Goat were well off my radar and I don't even think Batt would have been my first choice. The apathy and flaking just killed us here.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I think this setup actually favours town. The only possible eventuality of locking floors is stopping kills and confirming townies. We would have won yesterday if our kill had gotten through.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Scum were the only side that deserved to win, and I imagine they would have even with a town powerole or two. Well played to them. I was somewhat suspicious of Batt, but Gurgi and Goat were well off my radar and I don't even think Batt would have been my first choice. The apathy and flaking just killed us here.
Were Goat and LG on my list? Cause if they were I'd be happy.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, did scum make any moves N1?
-StrangerCoug

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well it's something I've noticed that I am always a day one bandwagon. I'm pretty much always on people's 'dar but like 4th or 5th suspect. I did have fun playing with you guys.

I got moved off green to yellow night one. Other than that, we didn't bother. I never even used my power.

Goat, Batt, would either of you have a problem with linking to the QT?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I think this setup actually favours town. The only possible eventuality of locking floors is stopping kills and confirming townies. We would have won yesterday if our kill had gotten through.
I could argue that this just brought alot of distraction to the town, but that's not really the point. The floor locking does help the town -- I don't think it was ever intended to help scum; I'm saying that I don't think it's enough to make up for for a virtually vanilla setup with 3 scum. Scum have two roles that can manipulate people's positions, which limits what town can do with the mechanic. I'm assuming that's why Goat was more than happy to suggest plans based on floor locking.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”