The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Well for one thing, tubby has to keep giving us results. This means sooner or later he'll slip up. I'm all for killing claimed roles, but this seems less worthwhile than say, killing SB who only has to give us one investigation.

Also, presumably whoever Plum is getting her reads off could claim, and clear her (hint massclaim ftw hint).
I'm old now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Benmage thing is a gut read. He's displaying the exact same quality of frustration I do when I feel I'm unfairly run up. Benmage's hinting that he may be nightkilled instead is part of that pathos. Really he's not the sort of player that the scum normally bothers to NK unless he claims cop, or they've run out of dangerous targets. BenMage, who tunnels on me a little, though with scant credibility, is definitely going to live long, unless he's Flying Pumpkin. Scum is rarely that deluded. They know who the scum is, which keeps the paranoia in check.

For the Plum/tubby thing. Again, no way in hell that Plum-scum would risk her town-cred on tubby-scum. He's really not worth it as a scumpal. In fact, he's more of the archetypal busing victim. tubby may yet be scum.

But Plum is town. Plum-scum wouldn't lift a finger to save another player at the cost of giving role information, this early in the game.

Of all the recent claims, SC's is the one I'm most worried may be in the hands of scum. As in mafia, or third-party.

vote: BattleMage
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:08 am

Post by tubby216 »

DGB the mean wrote:For the Plum/tubby thing. Again, no way in hell that Plum-scum would risk her town-cred on tubby-scum. He's really not worth it as a scumpal. In fact, he's more of the archetypal busing victim. tubby may yet be scum.
see this hurt fat guys feelings,, then i remembered I am not scum you are and all was right with the world agian.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count (Page 78, Day 2)

Benmage
-8 (vollkan, SerialClergyman, SpyreX, Papa Zito, VP Baltar, Sajin, dramonic, milkshake)
tubby216 -2 (stark, KaleiÐoscøpe)
KaleiÐoscøpe -1 (Benmage)
DrippingGoofball -1 (tubby216)
Spyrex -1 (Battle Mage)
dramonic -1 (chamber)
Plum -1 (SocioPath)
Battle Mage -1 (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting:
Elmo, Kise, Plum, LlamaFluff, Vaya, Snow_Bunny

Note: Deadline will be at the earliest, 10/30 3:45 PM EST, with 23 whole votes available, it takes 12 to lynch.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I gotta admit, benmage's resignation to his lynch feels honest to me and is making me have second doubts. I really would rather not force anyone else to claim today if we don't have to. For one, we don't even know if scum have safeclaims in this game, so we could end up on a continuous cycle of running up targets (I'm sure SC would enjoy that :P)

Benmage claims his PR isn't important, so part of me still thinks he's a decent lynch to eliminate a suspicious player with minimal cost to town if he's telling the truth.

On the other hand, I still don't like SP's roleblocker claim. I don't prescribe to the school of thought that a scum RB wouldn't come forward like that because even if he came forward and Plum was lynched it still wouldn't necessarily mean he is scum. If Plum did flip town, then he can still stick by his guns that he blocked her and she was lying about something.

We also have no clue what the size of the scum teams are, so if he thought she was from an opposing scum team (which is still possible) and he had caught her in a lie, he most definitely would want to come forward. Her lynch and a scum flip would give him major town points.

SP-sorry I missed your explanation of why the block, but can you explain a bit further because I don't think that quote clarifies it much. What about her "stance" on KMD didn't you like? What about the quote you cited made you think she was likely to be scum? Did Kmd flipping 3rd party influence your decision at all?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote: We also have no clue what the size of the scum teams are, so if he thought she was from an opposing scum team (which is still possible) and he had caught her in a lie, he most definitely would want to come forward. Her lynch and a scum flip would give him major town points.
I too am worried about this claim for the same reason.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:20 am

I'm inclined to believe that SP is town on account of the honest glee he felt at the prospect of catching scum. If he were third party he'd be more insistent about wanting to lynch Plum even after Plum's explanations. No. These two are town. And so is BenMage.

Since our goal is to lynch scum, we should look elsewhere.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 am

Post by milkshake »

I think DrippingGoofball and VP Baltar are scum. ^^
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Benmage »

milkshake wrote:I think DrippingGoofball and VP Baltar are scum. ^^
Why.

Because I think DGB is and I'm town? Becaue they're second guessing me? VPB...ehh i still think town..but more time will tell..

Can you explain your last vote...i know i addressed it in a large format. But why are you "milkshake" voting me?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 am

Post by milkshake »

Why.
Because they're trying so hard. :P
But why are you "milkshake" voting me?
Didn't know who else to vote. :?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Benmage »

:roll:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

or we could all lynch milkshake and the town's common sense would be better for it....
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:or we could all lynch milkshake and the town's common sense would be better for it....
You like voting people you think are town, dont you?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

1) it was a joke, 2) milkshake is not in the same area code of my town list
YOUR AD HERE

stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by stark »

Can someone direct me to where the case on benmage has been posted?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Need to sort players in my head because there are a lot of them...

TOWN

15.) DrippingGoofball
2.) Vaya
5.) Papa Zito cicero
1.) tubby216
6.) VP Baltar
7.) SpyreX
20.) Plum
22.) vollkan
24.) stark
12.) Benmage
13.) SocioPath

AMBIGUOUS

8.) SerialClergyman crywolf20084 Cass
9.) milkshake
10.) Snow_Bunny
11.) dramonic
16.) Sajin
17.) LlamaFluff Porkens

SCUM

3.) Battle Mage
18.) chamber alvins95
21.) Kise
23.) Elmo Rosso Carne
27.) KaleiÐoscøpe

I'm still up for a chamber or Elmo/Rosso-Carne lynch.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 pm

stark wrote:Can someone direct me to where the case on benmage has been posted?
Never mind Benmage. He may be totally illogical, but he's town.

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by chamber »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
stark wrote:Can someone direct me to where the case on benmage has been posted?
Never mind Benmage. He may be totally illogical, but he's town.
qft.

Also, lets lynch dramonic.
Taking a break from the site.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Stark wrote:Name 2 good reasons why not. 1 even.
Why not tubby today?

The information does not clear him but it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Plum (scum) to come out and do this. So, one has to assume at least the BASIC part (the role) is true.

Now, flavor, etc, etc The Happy Hoppy Fuzzy Bunny or whatever the hell it is being a hider forces an issue of sorts - this hider has heavily implied hiding behind scum = death. So, go ahead and use it (with some clear but not BLAZINGLY obvious breadcrumbs of targets) and if he picks wrong welp dead tubby = found scum.

Not to mention the interactions between ALL parties involved in this mess scream, to me, town. Or, at the very minimum not all scum together (and, until we have information lending itself strongly to multiple scum groups not goin that way).
Benmage wrote:Theres differences in every game. You could say mafia 98 differed from 841 but i was town in both...i still think my play is the same(for obvious reasons)

My claim...w.t.f would it do? You believe it and wagon up someone else only to claim and repeat the cycle we've been down.

My interaction with Vollkan doesnt at all resemble how i've bickered with gieff in one game with crypto in another?? I have a knack for it.

History this one? explain..

There are atrocious votes on me/players in this game. I thinking i'm pinging you as the strangercoug of this game. Your better than this, so the only explanation is you are scum.

If you guys want more of a claim i can give flavor and name but not ability.
If there are differences in every game then how could one make a meta argument for the similarities in play being justification for an alignment? (Hint, I hate meta so yea).

We didn't have even the option to evaluate your claim because
you opted to lie about it.
This is important. Now, when one has their nice little hat on that reeks not only scum BUT that the scum (much like KMD) do NOT have safeclaims and the nature of the role would lend itself to being scum and not town. (Note, you, yourself got after KMD for multiple claims and have opted to do just the same)

No it doesn't. There is a difference in it, but that's all meta and happenstance and not my style. If someone wants to put on their magic hats and go a dancin' feel free.

As for history this game. Most of it, when not bickering, you've had the cruise control on. For damn near 200 posts you've actually been DOING very little (when not on the defensive). That strikes me as not more than a little bit off.
Milkshake wrote:SpyreX should get started on those hats, maybe.
Shocked
Just quoting this so that it can be known clearly that I had aboslutely no information of any sort when I made the Happy Bunny Good Town Fisherman(er) and if it ends up tubby is telling the truth I want some kind of prize. (and, if not, kudos for the worlds best fakeclaim).

---

Thats all you get from me tonight. More later. I'd love to see the "lets lynch dramonic" left-field rationale.

And, I'm on the record now saying that soon we need to pick a direction and go. Period.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 am

chamber's left field call to lynch dramonic is further indicaction that chamber is scum.

vote: chamber

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:13 am

Post by chamber »

DrippingGoofball wrote:chamber's left field call to lynch dramonic is further indicaction that chamber is scum.

Why is this more relevent now than 16 pages ago.
Taking a break from the site.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Kise »

Benmage wrote:12.) Benmage: Scum
Works for me.

I think with the Scribe writing to VP and insinuating that Benmage was a lynchee of sorts pretty much means he tried to save his partner's hide.
milkshake wrote:-KK, The Scribe, Scum, also dies. He (?) alledgedly writes a note saying that kmd wants to lynch benmage.
(Unfortunately I don't think this reflects at all on benmage.)
Can you clarify this? Looks like you're saying regardless of the fact KK picked Benmage of all players, KK's note says little about his relation/alignment with Ben.
VP Baltar wrote:or we could all lynch milkshake and the town's common sense would be better for it....
As experimental as that is, I'm game.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

eh, the note is nothing more than WIFOM until we get some confirmation on it. If another player receives one tonight or something, then we will know it wasn't from KK and we can take it more seriously.

Benmage has his own set of behavior that is lynch worthy apart from the note if you want to go that route.
YOUR AD HERE

milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:32 am

Post by milkshake »

Can you clarify this? Looks like you're saying regardless of the fact KK picked Benmage of all players, KK's note says little about his relation/alignment with Ben.
Yes...... unless
you
know whether it means they were scumbuddies or not?
eh, the note is nothing more than WIFOM until we get some confirmation on it. If another player receives one tonight or something, then we will know it wasn't from KK and we can take it more seriously.
Right.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:39 am

chamber wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:chamber's left field call to lynch dramonic is further indicaction that chamber is scum.

Why is this more relevent now than 16 pages ago.
You're still scum, so it's the same relevance. Please remain silent and stop interrupting your lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”