Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:26 am

Post by WarWound »

Iguana wrote:Almost every new person will simply selfdestruct if you attack for that, and we already are seeing it start.

I wont self destruct :/ and anyways i came here from thw WC3 version of this, though in wc3 mafia games most people have down syndrome people and bad band wagons ensue, a guy by the name of etheralcookie told me about this, any of you kno him?
I am a soldier
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 am

Post by WarWound »

y did i add people after down syndrome... bloody hell
I am a soldier
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 am

Post by skitzer »

O-M-Geodesic Dome. I forgot I had replaced!

I will begin reading immediately.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:Yes, it brings more tells then "vote <player> for <joke>"
But this is how bandwagons start. How else can they form? Someone be like "Oh, vote so-an-so, everyone else should too"? That's not usually how it works, at the beginning at least.
Nikanor wrote:I was completely serious. It looks like false reasoning for a distancing vote, as I said before
QFT. Looking at the list and the games SB is in, she actually should have recognized a few people here.
yabbaguy wrote:Voting people you like/recognize = fail reason even for a random vote. >_>
I didn't know there were correct reasons to
random
vote. Could you give some examples?
Head_Honcho wrote:FoS: Nikanor

BACKPEDALING ON LAST PERSON TO GET TEN POSTS POLICY
That policy was never fair in the first place to flakers in replacements. He obviously posted before he thought.

Also, is backpedaling on a backpedal a forward-pedal? I'm so confused. :P
Blastinus wrote:Geez, I make one statement and everybody's mocking me left and right.
Welcome to Mafia! The one game show where saying one thing could get you into SO much trouble!
Nikanor wrote:Single votes are anti-town.
QFL. (Quoted for Lies)
WarWound wrote:hy are we gonna pwn nikanor?
sr cuz we s00pr 1337. :roll:
yabbaguy wrote:That said, I find it interesting how Nik's really screwing around this game, with an emote practically every first line he posts.
QFT.
zwetschenwasser wrote:I think we may have gotten someone less rational than me!
I thought I smelled the world exploding.
foilist13 wrote:There are several players following the same pattern as 12kb. Why is he a more logical choice for a bandwagon than you?
I partially agree with you, but could you name some examples of people?
The reason for this is there are differences between those people and 12keyblade.

On that note,
Vote: 12keyblade
because I get the feeling that he could add a lot more input then what he is currently doing.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 am

Post by foilist13 »

dramonic, Scott Brosius, zwetschenwasser, Head_Honcho, Snow_Bunny, Vaya

There are several accusations of lurking going around, but I think that these are doing it admirably and not getting called on it.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:13 am

Post by WarWound »

foilist13 wrote:dramonic, Scott Brosius, zwetschenwasser, Head_Honcho, Snow_Bunny, Vaya

There are several accusations of lurking going around, but I think that these are doing it admirably and not getting called on it.
how do you do lurking admirably?
I am a soldier
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Toro »

WarWound wrote:
foilist13 wrote:dramonic, Scott Brosius, zwetschenwasser, Head_Honcho, Snow_Bunny, Vaya

how do you do lurking admirably?
/headdesk /headdesk/ headdesk

To switch foilist's words around, they're lurking, but not getting called on it.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:03 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I'm not lurking.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Active
lurking, zwet. Come on, you know this.

More thoughts later.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Iguana »

Head_Honcho wrote:
Iguana wrote:By the way, WW is also town.
Why do you think that? I am both probing and legitimately curious, as I always have a terrible time reading people like WW.
New players who are obviously new and may be in over their heads are the easiest players to get a good read on, especially if they have some experience but maybe not as much as the rest of the players.

He is playing like most people who are used to an early wagon that just results in a lynch comes from. Maybe even he is from a site where popularity plays a factor in D1 lynch, I wouldnt be shocked but I think it transcends that by a bit. Basically there are core people who rarely if ever get lynched D1, but the lynches D1 are mostly random, based on some slight tells.

Anyway, he has realized that is not how things work all the time and is working on getting reads of people actively, moving around his vote to the most usefull spot, and actively trying to be a usefull part of the town. It seems to be a little on shakey ground for him, and the next few posts after being kicked down a bit by players for some reason will likely solidify my current read.

So yeah, WW is really obviously town. SB and FF are still likely town. F13... leans there but im not ready to put him there. 12KB is scum, we should lynch him ASAP, or at least get a big wagon going
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by WarWound »

In my opinion, iguana is pretty dam awesome
I am a soldier
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Iguana, I appreciate your opinions, but this illustrates my point exactly. You've mentioned four people leaving 15 others (not including you) any four of whom could be scum. If they are scum they would be doing just fine since there are so many people here it would be ridiculously easy to slip by.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Iguana-209: WarWound def. seems town. I like it when people are candid like that.

Scott and Flave, I'm not going to buy into yet. Flava's first vote got my attention probably due to its abrupt nature, so I'm still watching him. Scott... no idea. Not definitive.

---

Toro is actively lurking practically to the same degree 12KB is, and if anything, tilts scummier than 12KB. Nikanor still remains a target right now, though. However, I might have to meta-dive to prove or squash the theory that Nik's screwing around is a sign of scum apathy.

Head_Honcho, I'm also going to watch, because I think he may be trying to take advantage of a VI (zwet) here. Watch these sorts of people who immediately seize the opportunity on what's merely a poor scumhunting technique.

(Watch zwet come on just to say he's insulted I called him a VI.) :roll:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Iguana »

foilist13 wrote:Iguana, I appreciate your opinions, but this illustrates my point exactly. You've mentioned four people leaving 15 others (not including you) any four of whom could be scum. If they are scum they would be doing just fine since there are so many people here it would be ridiculously easy to slip by.
I post enough without keeping close tabs on everyone, shallow jesture cometh though. Townish and Scummy is mostly gut-ish things or weak tells. Neutral people need to talk more. Would be down to lynch 12kb almost, would be down to wagon any scummy.

Town
WarWound
Scott Brosius

Townish
Head_Honcho
Blastinus
Flava Flave
foilist13

Neutral
zwetschenwasser
skitzer
Hyl
Col.Cathart
YankCane151
Snow_Bunny
Vaya

Scummy
Nikanor
dramonic
yabbaguy
Toro
Pomegranate

Scum
12Keyblade
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Blastinus »

I'm insulted that you called Zwet a VI! :D

Anyway, from what I've seen in most Mafia games I've been in (not like that counts for anything though, as you've already seen), the people who are the most forward with theories or suspicions are usually, at the very least, non-townies. Looking at it with a logical viewpoint, therefore, Nikanor doesn't seem like a member of the Mafia to me. His accusations jump too much for him to be actively trying to frame somebody.

If you don't mind me asking, is there anything about 12KB besides the fact that he lurks that makes you think he's a Mafia? Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean that they're trying to fly under the radar. This early into the game, it's not like there's much more to go on, but I'm just curious.
Have pity on the weak. Kill the strong guys first.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by WarWound »

Wats a VI?
I am a soldier
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Blastinus »

It's a...

*decides to actually consult the wiki before answering this time*

Okay, it stands for Village Idiot. I thought it was Vigilante. That would have been stupid.

Basically, a Village Idiot, according to the wiki, is someone who accidentally acts Scummy due to inexperience, causing suspicion to arise that the person actually is Scum. It's generally a bad thing to have this label thrust upon you, because it implies that you're doing something very VERY wrong.

Incidentally, here's a link to the Mafiascum wiki. It's good for consulting terminology you're confused with.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Okay, hi everyone, I'm back. Some thoughts:

I'm liking Iguana, Scott, and Yabbaguy. I get a town feel from WW.

I don't see anything in the 12kb wagon. In a game like this, D1 and D2 include a lot of lurking. I think that there will always be lurking at the beginning of large games, due to the fact that people can get away with it.

WW: I know Etherealcookie; I'm in another game with him.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by WarWound »

Blastinus, am i a village idiot :(

and pomegranate what do u think of etheral? is he a sly and intelligent one?
I am a soldier
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Um, not really. Why does it matter?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by WarWound »

Just asking, sorry
I am a soldier
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@WW-218: You're new, not stupid. You need GAMES and GAMES of incompetence to get the rank of being an incompetent player.

@Pom-217: Let's note the 12KB wagon for future reference, dependent on if and what 12KB flips. I wonder if scum's pushing it a bit more than it should be, ie: beyond its bounds.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by WarWound »

Thanks yabbaguy, my self confidence just went through the roof hitting an airplane and causing it to crash
I am a soldier
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I'm too lazy to actually address everything I want to, so I'll just say this:
As the first to point out the obvious and call my behaviour in this game townish, Blastinus earns himself big town-points, especially since I'm an opposing bandwagon for him. In fact, I'm confident enough to
Unvote
(Correct me if I'm wrong about the 'first to call Nik's behaviour protown' thing. Just tell me if you said it before now, and I'll award town-points accordingly). :D
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Blastinus »

I should
Unvote
too, seeing as I currently have a vote on you.

I'm kind of unsure if the people who've been validated are, in fact, completely clean. I'm not even sure if WarWound is legitimately new to this game, or just pretending to be so that people don't suspect him (not accusing you of it, just illustrating a point). Right now, I think I'll play it by ear before making a new vote.

Return to “Completed Open Games”