Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Crazy »

And Monkey, can you just explain why Peter Pan is a "conditional" watcher?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I didn't even ask for the year though, I just asked if it was afer 1980. The insults aren't necessary.
I haven't insulted you at all. You will definitely know when I'm being insulting and I haven't been at all in this game.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

Why 1980 though? The 1980s era movies are very different from the 1990s era movies or the 2000 era movies.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:28 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Neopi (4) - Starbuck, semioldguy, chamber, YankCane151
Starbuck (2) - Gorrad, Jazzmyn
Gorrad (2) - kmd4390, Brandi

Not Voting (4) - Crazy, Neopi, StrangerCoug, MonkeyMan576
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:Why 1980 though? The 1980s era movies are very different from the 1990s era movies or the 2000 era movies.
Just an arbitrary number. Most of the "classic" movies like Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc were before 1980.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

If the classic/non-classic argument is not a waste of time, then I'm siding with Starbuck's #512. There's really different definitions of a "classic". Granted, something out for only a month or so isn't likely to be considered so, but where do we put the benchmark? I figured where LlamaFluff put the benchmark to be between when the movies were traditionally animated and when Disney's using CGI, but if MonkeyMan576 is right, then I am wrong.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I thought that Monkey's question was a valid one, personally, and not that he was looking for anyone to "claim" as Starbuck alleged. Also, Starbuck, if you don't think that implying that Monkey is "dense" is insulting, I think you need to recalibrate your insult meter.

That said, I would consider Toy Story a "classic" Disney movie for varying definitions of "classic" and I don't put much stock in flavour arguments in any event.

I would still like to hear more from Neopi, but I like my vote where it is.

Regards,
Jazz
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I find it a little disturbing that Starbuck is overreacting so much to everything I do(my RVS vote reason being the same, my classics idea). I've never played in a game where she was scum, so I can't say if it's a scum tell or not, but usually overreacting is a scum tell. Townies know if they are lynched it doesn't hurt their team as much as a scum being lynched hurts theirs, especially since Starbuck is claiming vanilla.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I find it a little disturbing that Starbuck is overreacting so much to everything I do(my RVS vote reason being the same, my classics idea). I've never played in a game where she was scum, so I can't say if it's a scum tell or not, but usually overreacting is a scum tell. Townies know if they are lynched it doesn't hurt their team as much as a scum being lynched hurts theirs, especially since Starbuck is claiming vanilla.
I don't think overreaction is as reliable a scumtell as you think. It's something that should be looked at, yes, but I don't know if it's a good idea to automatically label it scummy.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:08 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I find it a little disturbing that Starbuck is overreacting so much to everything I do(my RVS vote reason being the same, my classics idea). I've never played in a game where she was scum, so I can't say if it's a scum tell or not, but usually overreacting is a scum tell. Townies know if they are lynched it doesn't hurt their team as much as a scum being lynched hurts theirs, especially since Starbuck is claiming vanilla.
I don't think overreaction is as reliable a scumtell as you think. It's something that should be looked at, yes, but I don't know if it's a good idea to automatically label it scummy.
This is correct, you have to look at things on a case by case basis.

Looking at the whole picture, her overreactions, her vanilla claim, her movie being in the '90s(lynching her would give us info as to if these kind of movies would be in the town), I think signs point to a starbuck lynch at this point.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

The funny part of this all is that I'm not even overreacting. I'm just asking questions. It strikes me odd that you take offense to everything I say. I can't ask you a question/question your motives without you getting offended.

I am only vanilla, and if my actions get me lynched today so be it. At least, I know I've helped the town garner information to help out later on in the game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, you are a liar about not playing a game with me that I was scum.

Mini 814 - Neighbour Mafia

You even hammered me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
The funny part of this all is that I'm not even overreacting. I'm just asking questions. It strikes me odd that you take offense to everything I say. I can't ask you a question/question your motives without you getting offended.

I am only vanilla, and if my actions get me lynched today so be it. At least, I know I've helped the town garner information to help out later on in the game.
According to you you are innocent about everything and all arguments against you are baseless. Yet you do not defend yourself well.

Comments like this:
Starbuck wrote:You just said that your role is conditional as long as we don't lynch a townie. I'm telling you that if I'm lynched then you won't be able to watch.
Starbuck wrote:Well, I know they are wrong because I am town. And if the wagon continues, at least it will garner info for the town because I know there is scum on my wagon.

Starbuck wrote:OMG, I know you are not this dense.

And other appeals to emotion like this don't sound like a townie using logical arguments. They sound like scum trying to get people lynched on emotional arguments.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, since you are continually citing my "overreactions" do you care to cite them? Or will you just keep on with the blasphemy?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:26 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I already cited them. You overreacted to my RVS vote,and you overreacted to my classic movies theory.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:According to you you are innocent about everything and all arguments against you are baseless. Yet you do not defend yourself well.

Comments like this:
Starbuck wrote:You just said that your role is conditional as long as we don't lynch a townie. I'm telling you that if I'm lynched then you won't be able to watch.
This is not an appeal to emotion. This is fact. You said that if a townie is lynched then you won't be able to watch, but just now you said the following:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Looking at the whole picture, her overreactions, her vanilla claim, her movie being in the '90s(lynching her would give us info as to if these kind of movies would be in the town), I think signs point to a starbuck lynch at this point.
I take this as you doubting my scumminess with the fact of mentioning that it would give info for the town, but wouldn't it screw your watch ability tonight? Quite a contradiction.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Well, I know they are wrong because I am town. And if the wagon continues, at least it will garner info for the town because I know there is scum on my wagon.

And other appeals to emotion like this don't sound like a townie using logical arguments. They sound like scum trying to get people lynched on emotional arguments.
Explain how that's an appeal to emotion because I don't see it. I know that by me dying it gives our PRs another day to do their work, and I don't deny that fact. I know that we definitely have some opportunistic scum that are using me as a scapegoat to make the town lose a person today.

I have played quite a few games with you, Monkey, and I seriously do not know what's with you this game. Unless, you have been town in every other game and this time you are scum. I don't know.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy wrote:And Monkey, can you just explain why Peter Pan is a "conditional" watcher?
He said awhile back that as long as a townie wasn't lynched then he'd be able to watch. I can't remember what post it was, but I can find it for you since he seems to keep missing this question every time you ask it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy, here's the claim post for you.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:36 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:According to you you are innocent about everything and all arguments against you are baseless. Yet you do not defend yourself well.

Comments like this:
Starbuck wrote:This is not an appeal to emotion. This is fact. You said that if a townie is lynched then you won't be able to watch, but just now you said the following:
This is fact?!?!?! This statement is really bothersome. You are not a confirmed townie. You should be lynched on this statement alone.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Looking at the whole picture, her overreactions, her vanilla claim, her movie being in the '90s(lynching her would give us info as to if these kind of movies would be in the town), I think signs point to a starbuck lynch at this point.
Starbuck wrote:I take this as you doubting my scumminess with the fact of mentioning that it would give info for the town, but wouldn't it screw your watch ability tonight? Quite a contradiction.
It's not a contridiction. We can get information and lynch scum.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:

Starbuck wrote:Explain how that's an appeal to emotion because I don't see it. I know that by me dying it gives our PRs another day to do their work, and I don't deny that fact. I know that we definitely have some opportunistic scum that are using me as a scapegoat to make the town lose a person today.

I have played quite a few games with you, Monkey, and I seriously do not know what's with you this game. Unless, you have been town in every other game and this time you are scum. I don't know.
There you go with the insults again.

Like I said previously, you should be lynched based on the "this is fact" post.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

How was I being insulting there? All I said is that I don't get what's with you, and that's an insult too? This is mafia. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's as simple as that.

So what happened to you wanting to be able to use your ability? If you are pro-town, I would say that you wouldn't want to lynch a townie, and now you do? You DID just contradict yourself.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:How was I being insulting there? All I said is that I don't get what's with you, and that's an insult too? This is mafia. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's as simple as that.
I've given multiple arguments against you, and you're saying everyone of them is bogus, just like you say against everyone else attacking you. Saying there is something wrong with my play IS insulting, and another appeal to emotion, considering we don't know if you are scum.
Starbuck wrote:So what happened to you wanting to be able to use your ability? If you are pro-town, I would say that you wouldn't want to lynch a townie, and now you do? You DID just contradict yourself.
Of course I don't want to lynch a townie. But I believe you are scum.

1) Overreactions to RVS vote and classics theory

2) Repeated appeal to emotions(as quoted before)

3) Implying you are a confirmed townie.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:This is not an appeal to emotion. This is fact. You said that if a townie is lynched then you won't be able to watch, but just now you said the following:
This is fact?!?!?! This statement is really bothersome. You are not a confirmed townie. You should be lynched on this statement alone.
Where did I say I was confirmed? Where? I would like you to find a post where I said that I was confirmed.

You stated in your role claim that if a townie is lynched that you won't be able to use your watch ability. I just linked that to your claim a few posts up. Your role claim is fact not me being confirmed. Please stop misrepresenting me.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I take this as you doubting my scumminess with the fact of mentioning that it would give info for the town, but wouldn't it screw your watch ability tonight? Quite a contradiction.
It's not a contridiction. We can get information and lynch scum.
When/If I'm lynched and you can't use your watch ability, don't bitch about it since you are the number one person pushing my lynch.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How was I being insulting there? All I said is that I don't get what's with you, and that's an insult too? This is mafia. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's as simple as that.
I've given multiple arguments against you, and you're saying everyone of them is bogus, just like you say against everyone else attacking you. Saying there is something wrong with my play IS insulting, and another appeal to emotion, considering we don't know if you are scum.
Because they have been bogus. The "Is Toy Story a classic movie?" case and so on completely distracted from the game. I showed links and proved that Toy Story is considered to be a classic movie as well as a part of Disney's collection.

Mr. Big Shot, you aren't confirmed either. Just because you pulled out a PR doesn't mean you aren't a Mafia watcher.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:So what happened to you wanting to be able to use your ability? If you are pro-town, I would say that you wouldn't want to lynch a townie, and now you do? You DID just contradict yourself.
Of course I don't want to lynch a townie. But I believe you are scum.

1) Overreactions to RVS vote and classics theory

2) Repeated appeal to emotions(as quoted before)

3) Implying you are a confirmed townie.
Wait, wait, wait. Who overreacted to RVS? It wasn't me who got up and left the game because I was having a temper tantrum.

I've already answered #2 and I haven't appealed to emotion.

And as I said up above, show me a post where I said I was confirmed because I have not.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

[Quote="Starbuck"This is not an appeal to emotion. This is fact. You said that if a townie is lynched then you won't be able to watch, [/Quote]

You said it's a fact that if we lynch you I lose my ability, which is saying that you are confirmed town. If you flip scum I won't lose my ability.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

I didn't not say that, quit misrepresenting me please and take your time and read.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”