Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 am

Post by WarWound »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
WarWound wrote:hy are we gonna pwn nikanor?
!!! ARE YOU IN THIS GAME OR NOT?
if u scroll up you will see that I am numb nuts
I am a soldier
Hyl
Hyl
Goon
Hyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Hyl »

Funny sig, Toro. And I second an explanation for why single-votes are anti-town.

Don't see what's wrong about Flave's 2&3.

Keyblade, are you going to respond to #128?

The bandwagon in Nikanor is interesting because, if he is town, it happened on a player whom the scum probably wouldn't want around.
Nikanor wrote:[Blastinus's] reasoning was that (and I'm saying it this way because you did not correct my previous post) I was not tunnelling.
That's quite a stretch. Play-styles don't lie in two extremes (tunnel-visioning and flinging around silly accusations at everything).
[size=75][color=darkred]Old enough to know[/color], [color=darkblue]but too young to care.[/size][/color]
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by WarWound »

Soooo... now what?
I am a soldier
Hyl
Hyl
Goon
Hyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Hyl »

War, what do you think about Flave, Blastinus, Nikanor, and Keyblade?
[size=75][color=darkred]Old enough to know[/color], [color=darkblue]but too young to care.[/size][/color]
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by WarWound »

i dont kno.. i just got here and ill have to look through all the pages, which will be a pain in the ass
I am a soldier
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I think we may have gotten someone less rational than me!
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Iguana »

unvote
vote 12kb

even though its not really in the form I like, I have enough information here to get out of the random stage with it being exceedingly obvious that Scott and Flava are town, and that 12kb is an excellent wagon to start with.

Zero addition to the game early, zero attempt to even be remotely usefull, and eventually a stutter step on a policy lynch idea. He is not even trying to back up either of the sides, just taking the stance that will let him jump on a policy lynch if he can, and if not, avoid having to push the wagon.

He is scum, serious wagon time.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by WarWound »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I think we may have gotten someone less rational than me!

I really don't understand what made you type such a retarded message but ok

and iguana might have a piont so ill do this

vote 12kb
I am a soldier
Hyl
Hyl
Goon
Hyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Hyl »

Scott is town? He posted 3 times, two of which were irrelevant RVS posts. Can you elaborate please.

I agree with your stance on Keyblade and, to a lesser extent, Flave.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by WarWound »

What is an RVS post?
I am a soldier
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Iguana »

Hyl wrote:And I second an explanation for why single-votes are anti-town.
I can actually answer this one.

In a game based on interactions between people, having comparisons of "one or the other" give the most information. In fact, in most cases where there is only one person getting votes, they are town, outted scum, or really bad scum getting bussed. On the first day this holds especially true. Go back and look at old games, one clear day one suspect is usually town.

Now, there are two useless areas for votes, in the not voting category, or in the "throwaway" category. The throwaway is even more dangerous due to the fact that it gives the illusion of actively contributing to the game, while really you just get to hide away and not worry about getting your feet wet. Ive played before as scum where I spent multiple days just camping on a wagon of town who I knew had no reasonable chance of getting lynched, but because I still brought up my points, and town was fractured enough, I just got ignored and people thought I was scumhunting.

So. Throwaway votes are distinctly anti-town due to the fact that they give the illusion of scumhunting while in all actuallity they are a way to avoid the major lines of discussion and slip into the shadows while not appearing to be doing so.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Iguana »

Hyl wrote:Scott is town? He posted 3 times, two of which were irrelevant RVS posts. Can you elaborate please.
iso 2 and 3 are very good points. He is trying to start a wagon on a legitimate thing, he is asking questions that need to be answered, he is town.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

WarWound, I will only say this once, but I think you'd be better off swapping this game out in favor of a Newbie game. At bear minimum, supplement this game with a Newbie game.

Go to the Queue forum and click on the Newbie Game sticky and just say "/in for next". That's how you should sign up for all future games, as well.

I say this only because your sense of arguing and awareness in our style of Mafia could use some pointers. You'd also benefit from the games being half the size of this. (and 20 is dizzying even for some seasoned members on here). Just my thoughts, if you think you're all right, or I'm missing something, you don't have to. I won't think any less of you if you take my advice and quit, though.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Iguana »

WarWound wrote:What is an RVS post?
RVS is an acronym for Random Voting Stage, which occurs before anyone has any information. You will see it on every forum.

I dont think newbie games will really help much, if anything go
read
an old newbie game. The only difference between that and this is that this has more players, and that this has slightly experienced players. Learning curve is sharp regardless of environment.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by foilist13 »

There are several players following the same pattern as 12kb. Why is he a more logical choice for a bandwagon than you?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Iguana »

foilist13 wrote:There are several players following the same pattern as 12kb. Why is he a more logical choice for a bandwagon than you?
The whole thing over the policy lynch suggestion. Most others went with a definant stance, he just did a fence sit
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by WarWound »

Hyl wrote:War, what do you think about Flave, Blastinus, Nikanor, and Keyblade?
well my answer to this is...

Flave- he also made a good point about keyblade so i dont think he is scum yet

Blastinus- im not sure about him, he hasnt talked alot alot and i wasnt here when he was talking so cant say

Nikanor- hes certainly a talker but i guess he had to or else theyre might be alot more votes on him, not sure probly not mafia

Keyblade- what iguana said about him does sound logical, so id be willing to lynch him and see whose side hes on

zwetschenwasser- im not to fond of him...

Iguana- certainly seems to be on townie side, given lots of help and tips of other games but one who seems to be the towns greatest ally can be its greatest enemy, id like op to investigate him, i hope this doesnt sound scummy :/

and also wat about vaya? he hasnt posted once? whats up with that or did i just miss it

P.S

Here is my list of questions pls anwer :D

1. what is an RVS or RVS post
2. Is lurking bad?
3. what does it mean to
FoS
(name) someone?
I am a soldier
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by WarWound »

pls dont answer #1 iguana already answer
I am a soldier
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Hyl wrote:Scott is town? He posted 3 times, two of which were irrelevant RVS posts. Can you elaborate please.

I agree with your stance on Keyblade and, to a lesser extent, Flave.
My second post is not irrelevant RVS. It is a real vote not a random vote.

WarWound please stop acting so noobish/scummy if you are town so we don't mislynch you. If you are scum, please continue.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by WarWound »

Scott Brosius wrote:
WarWound please stop acting so noobish/scummy if you are town so we don't mislynch you. If you are scum, please continue.
Ok...im done giving my opinion
I am a soldier
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

WarWound wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Ok...im done giving my opinion
Sigh.

I had a player like this in another game, who was new (actually was probably someone's alt but regardless) who did nothing to help town due to noobishness or whatever. He was an easy target for scum to wagon since he was useless then turned out to be a power role. Please just replace out or read a newbie game.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

I'm a little behind. Will catch up soon.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Iguana »

WarWound wrote:2. Is lurking bad?
3. what does it mean to
FoS
(name) someone?
2 Yes, lurking leaves someone in the game who you are unable to get a read on, which in turn slightly hurts reads on others. You dont need to have 24-7 access, but being able to post two or three times a day is ideal.

3 FoS is Finger of Suspicion. It basically equates to "I would like to vote you but player X is scummier and is getting my vote" (the awesome version) or "I think you looks scummy but am not quite ready to vote" (the pussy version). Excessive FoSing is a scumtell.

@people pressuing WW

Dont attack someone for being new. Almost every new person will simply selfdestruct if you attack for that, and we already are seeing it start. Most of them crash and burn when pressured for something they do already. If they read a newbie game (it takes maybe two hours to do so) they should be able to participate in an open game.

By the way, WW is also town.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

yabba wrote:That said, I find it interesting how Nik's really screwing around this game, with an emote practically every first line he posts.
Haha, the emotes indicate jokes. I seem to be making a lot of those, hehe.
That said, I find it interesting how Nik's really screwing around this game, with an emote practically every first line he posts.
Believe it or not, I am scumhunting. The jokes and emotes help to loosen the scum and take me less seriously. :P
Toro wrote:True, now tell me your logic.
Bandwagons can help town, even random ones. Bandwagon analysis often leads to more information for town in the endgame, with most of the players of confirmed alignments. Therefore, bandwagons are pro-town, and not creating bandwagons is anti-town. Also, what Iguana said.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Iguana wrote:By the way, WW is also town.
Why do you think that? I am both probing and legitimately curious, as I always have a terrible time reading people like WW.

in other news sure is active lurking in here
unvote Vote: Zwetschenwasser
Immoral Acts: 0

Return to “Completed Open Games”