elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Like I said yesterday, I can see either pooky or vp as scum.

Vp's case that pooky was the only available lynch is possible. I want to look at how it built though to see where iam and thesp were on the wagon and if scum could have made it go anywhere else.

But it also is pretty compelling that the Baltar wagon that almost lynched him had ALL townies on it. ALL. That's right. Everyone on that bad boy was town. Scum could have totally lynched baltar if they'd wanted to, and yet... they did not.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

what i would like is a charter treestump followed by a baltar lynch.

my um argument is simple,

this was the wagon that almost lynched me:

PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (iamausername, populartajo, roflcopter, Thesp, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)

4/6 of them were scum.

this is the wagon that almost lynched baltar:

VP Baltar: 6 (ekiM, iamausername, Ojanen, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Xylthixlm)

all of those are town.

This is the wagon that ended up lynching Xyl which took place instead of baltar lynch:

Xylthixlm: 8 (charter, elvis_knits, PookyTheMagicalBear, populartajo, roflcopter, VP Baltar, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)

As you can see, it has all five scumbags on it.

So the scumbags voted 5-0 against Xyl and for Baltar. And they voted 4-0 against me.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 pm

if you guys really want me to dig more evidence out why baltar is obvscum, i can. but i think this is a pretty compelling case.

plus im kinda lazy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm

oh yea, and the scumbags voting 5-0 for baltar and against xyl means scumbags obviously have an interest in who get lynched, if they didn't why pile onto xyl when they can just get baltar instead? so obv baltar scum

if elvis want me to say more tho, i will keep talking. ^^
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, you're going to have to post a lot more than that.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

u srs?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by charter »

Yaus
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:35 pm

this is like video evidence tho
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by charter »

What are you talking about?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 pm

the certainty of his scummitude lol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, there is not much I can say about my wagon vs. Xyl wagon because I would be suspicious as hell of it if someone else was in my position. I have been thinking about it trying to figure out the scum motivation for not lynching me at that and the only thing I can think of is that I was such an easy target at that time the scum did not want to waste the lynch if they thought they could preserve me for later.

I looked back over my wagon and I think the sheer speed of it gave the scum the perfect opportunity to be against it. I mean, I reached L-1 in a single page and before any of the thus confirmed scumbags had even posted charter and EK were already saying they didn't want to back the wagon and would prefer an Xyl lynch.

If they thought my lynch was going to go through anyhow (I was still at L-2 when EK unvoted), why not argue against my townie lynch, especially after every single member had been on theh BAB lynch the day prior?

Maybe they didn't expect the Xyl lynch to go through, thus giving all of them mega town points and still I would be open for a lynch later. I also feel like rofl was already setting up his vanilla cop claim to protect Yos if he needed to.

I don't know, like I said, I can't really fault anyone for finding that suspicious because it looks bad, but that's the only logical interpretation I can reach from my perspective.

That being said, I think pooky's argument to "look to the wagons" is awful considering if you look at his overall voting patterns this game, they look just as bad if not worse than mine. He has been on pretty much any and every popular wagon, yet despite all logic pointing to the contradictory he wanted to call tajo town and wouldn't vote him until he absolutely had to. Also keep in mind that if I was scum and pooky was town, I would have had almost no incentive in that situation to not hammer pooky because lynching tajo was essentially the collapse of the rest of the scum team.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by charter »

More words Pooky. It's probably going to take specific posts and whatnot before I stop bugging you.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by charter »

POOKY, WUR U AT?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Final Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 11 (
charter
ekiM
elvis_knits
iamausername, inHimshallibe,
populartajo, roflcopter,
SerialClergyman, Thesp,
VP Baltar
Yosarian2)

ekiM: 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, Claus, Xylthixlm)
elvis_knits: 2 (Kmd4390,
zu_Faul
)
Claus: 1 (
alexhans
)
Thesp: 1 (Herodotus)

Not Voting: 2 (Ojanen, Shabba)

End of day 1. Alexhans parked his vote on Claus (who I think was fairly protown at that time) and then didn't do much of anything before being replaced.

Final Vote Count: 8 to lynch.

Xylthixlm: 8 (
charter, elvis_knits, PookyTheMagicalBear
populartajo, roflcopter
VP Baltar
Yosarian2, zu_Faul
)
VP Baltar: 6 (ekiM, iamausername, Ojanen, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Xylthixlm)
ekiM: 1 (Kmd4390)

This vote count is actually funny to look at right now because it is guaranteed that ALL of the scum were on this wagon. I feel Pooky was influential here, which is funny considering how low profile he has been. He hadn't been voting at all this day or saying much of anything, but after rofl and Yos started their attack, he comes in to say Xyl is scum with no reason:
pooky wrote:lawls

xyl so scum

vote xyl
Shortly thereafter, tajo and zu pile on.

Obviously, I had a personal interest in this wagon because it was him or me and I know I'm town, which I explained at the time of my vote. I also felt that his attacks on me were lazy and taking advantage of me being an easy target at that time. Like I said before, I think the scum manipulated this situation and could have either 1) seen Xyl as a bigger threat, 2) been planning on boosting rofl's vanilla claim while also keeping me as a potential mislynch for the next day, and/or 3) tajo and zu misinterpreted the pile on by pooky/Yos/rofl as a signal that Xyl was the prefered lynch.

Day 3 starts with pressure on rofl, to which Pooky answered with a vote on the growing Iam wagon. After that declined, more lurking and his vote doesn't move.

Then we have this interesting vote count only four days from deadline:
Vote Count: 7 to lynch.

PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (
charter, elvis_knits
iamausername, Thesp
VP Baltar
zu_Faul
)
iamausername: 2 (
PookyTheMagicalBear
roflcopter
)
Kmd4390: 1 (
populartajo
)
roflcopter: 1 (SerialClergyman)
SerialClergyman: 1 (
Yosarian2
)
zu_Faul: 1 (Kmd4390)

Not Voting: 1 (ekiM)

So, if Pooky was indeed town, what was preventing any of the other three confirmed scum not on that wagon from hammering? Seems to me like that would have been an easy mislynch, but I believe they were holding out waiting for something better to come along. Unfortunately for them, that is the same time that the tajo wagon started to gain traction, and looking back over it, the known scum were certainly keeping a low profile at that time.

As I explained before, I think the tajo lynch is the key pointing to pooky being scum. Again he mega lurked (holding onto his Iam vote and needing a prod) as the pressure mounted on both of them and was severely reluctant to vote tajo at all until I pressured him. I don't understand why any town player would be reluctant to vote someone else when it is a him or me situation with deadline approaching and you know you are town. To me, it looks like pooky would have accepted his lynch had I not attacked him for that (which would have obviously been the preferred lynch for the scum team if he is scum).

After that, the scum team simply collapsed due to trying to clear each other and I think pooky had no choice but to bus his partners.

I don't think that collapse would have been possible without EK's assessments, so i'm still pretty inclined to think she is town. So, yeah, once charter stumps, I'm ready to put my vote down.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:39 am

Post by charter »

That last vote count is quite damning. Still working on my mini novel. It is including the possibility of Elvis being scum as well, since she was cleared before largely due to Thesp filling the position of fifth scumbag. Not sure how much scumminess she will turn up, but Balter, why write her off so fast?

Prolly have to wait until after the weekend to hear from our good friend Pooky...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

charter wrote: Not sure how much scumminess she will turn up, but Balter, why write her off so fast?
I'm just really not seeing it. I mean, one could make arguments for it based on her early interactions with rofl and where she was on some of the wagons, but I think she had a sizeable part to play in the tajo lynch, which was the catalyst for the scum team collapse. That could be a move for major town points, but I find it hard to believe that any good scum would actively chop down the cornerstone of their team in hopes of buying cred when they could just get another mislynch. It just doesn't make sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:11 am

Post by charter »

What also doesn't make sense, is if Elvis is town, how did you get like nine townie votes on you, if you're also supposedly town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think the fact that nearly the entirity of the wagon took place over a page when none of the known scum had even posted has to be taken into account. Like I said before, I can't really fault anyone for finding me scummy because of that (and my somewhat shitty play up to that point), because I know I certainly would if I didn't know my alignment, but it also wasn't your average wagon either.

Contrast that with the Pooky wagon which had a slower build and many benefits to a scum team built like a shaky house of cards, and then ask yourself which situation does it seem more likely for scum to quick hammer in.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I still haven't looked at the stuff I meant to look at -- notably how the pooky wagon built and if there was any available alternative to the scum other than tajo. The last vote count that VP posts is probably pivotal in my assesment, but I want to read through the pages and see how the votes went and all the vote counts in that time. But the vote count VP posts pretty much supports the suspicions he has had about pooky.

On the other hand we do still have the VP wagon which is now confirmed all town. However, I could buy that we were all just being stupid voting vP to L-1 in a page, and the scum were scared to hammer because that would look pretty obv if they hammer a town after 1 page of voting/discussion.

I have to look at the pooky stuff I want to before I try to weigh the two against each other.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:51 pm

im still town

dont kill me plox
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:05 am

Post by charter »

Seriously?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I lost to pooky when he's put no effort into the game. Sometimes when things are close at endgame, I ask myself who I would rather lose to if I turn out wrong. And I would rather lose to VP if I have to lose at all.
Talk nerdy to me.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

The best part is that not only do we win by lynching pooky, we also get the satisfaction of catching him despite making every attempt to be unreadable this game.
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, this is kind of ridiculous. Don't want to rush, and still want to read, but still... Come on Pooky.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 am

this is about winning

not about losing

lol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”