RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
RayFrost wrote:If I understand you correctly, you are saying the fact I don't trust you and don't take your "town reads" out of hand to be a town tell? If it is my general attitude toward scum hunting, I would like it if you explained what that meant, exactly.
I'm not sure I like this post. Lynx was very clear about why he thought your skepticism gave him a town read, which makes this post seem a lot like very forced overkill. I don't know if this is necessarily a scummy post, but it seems to me like you're trying very hard to play the part that Lynx has concocted for you.

Do you actually not understand something about Lynx's comments or what? I think, however, that when Lynx responds to my post, all this will be cleared up.

I like to clarify to make sure I understand things when the person seems like they will actually explain it instead of sarcasm, rudeness, etc

-snip-

I'm thinking about putting my vote on Empking instead of Ray, but here's the problem: right now, Ray will be lynched if all votes remained the same up until the deadline. If I unvote, Emp becomes the lynch, by default. The problem with unvoting then, is that even if I change my mind and go back to voting Ray after that, Emp remains the one to be lynched because of the rules of the deadline (unless of course someone else votes Ray.) This is why I really need something huge to move my vote from Ray, because, for all intents and purposes, after that, it's gone. This last post from Empking may be just scummy enough to do the trick, but I'm going to play it safe here - we've still got 3 days till the deadline. So now Emp...here's your chance to convince me.

and if I vote empking... you're reasoning here would lose all its value. As it is, I won't jut yet. My understanding here, though, is that you find me to be equally scummy when compared to empking. I would like it if you listed off the reasoning for finding both me and empking scummy and say how each thing weighs in your mind on the scumminess scale.
bold stuff is response(s)
don't you feel silly now?
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

dank wrote:It's not a misrepresentation if its a direct quote, where there's little context to misrepresent it. Your reasoning is weak, as scum could claim the noob card to get pressure off of them.
You can call it weak or whatever you desire. I've stated that I find him to be town. I haven't outright defended him. I've only said that I read him as town and I won't be part of his wagon. Have I gotten in your way in your hunting? Have I answered any questions for him? Have I relieved any pressure off of him from anyone? No, and I don't plan to. Of course I can never be certain of his alignment so no call I make is 100% solidified. When you were blatantly against the Khamisa wagon, it was not taken as a defense. Neither should this be. I've only relayed where I stand on him similar to the way you acted with Khamisa.
DO wrote:Lynx, is Ray your number 2 suspect, or is your read on him pretty much a solid town??
No he's not one of my suspects.
Ray wrote:If I understand you correctly, you are saying the fact I don't trust you and don't take your "town reads" out of hand to be a town tell? If it is my general attitude toward scum hunting, I would like it if you explained what that meant, exactly.

Also, what was your reasoning for a town read on me
before[/i] the question as to your reasons? Obviously, you can't use my words to explain the reason you thought I was town before I said them.
I've already stated this a few times, Ray. Remember distinctly when I stated awhile back that I found the Dank/You argument to be either town on town or scum on town. I felt it was a sincere back and forth and not fake which scum on scum needs to be. Along with this was your attitude that you weren't the best scumhunter. This trait is usually reflected by a town relatively new player in my experience. I wouldn't say that you used your experience as a way out of any pressure applied to you. I've only connected the experience with your sentiments about your play.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Deuxieme Octopus »

RayFrost wrote:and if I vote empking... you're reasoning here would lose all its value. As it is, I won't jut yet. My understanding here, though, is that you find me to be equally scummy when compared to empking. I would like it if you listed off the reasoning for finding both me and empking scummy and say how each thing weighs in your mind on the scumminess scale.
My reasoning would not lose any of its value Ray. The logic itself would still be correct, it just would't be relevant anymore. Right now, I'd say I find Empking slightly more scummy than you, but I'm giving him one more chance before the deadline to respond to the question I posed him before I switch my vote because, guess what Ray, you're not voting Empking.

Since you'd like me to tell you the reasons I find you scummy, I will oblige you.

RayFrost:
1. Contradictions concerning policy lynches/suspect lists.
2. What seems to me to be a bit of overacting regarding this super-town player that Lynx likes to pretend you are
-----I will admit though that my suspicion of you has definitely diminished significantly since its initial flare-up about 100 or so posts ago.

I'm late for class as it is, so I will get to Empking a little later.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Empking »

I've got a general town read on Rayfrost.

Dank: The defence and suspicion is one of the factors that makes it
more
likely he's scum buddying than Lynx.

Rayfrost; How is voting the player defending you buddying up to you?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 am

Post by dank »

Dank: The defence and suspicion is one of the factors that makes it more likely he's scum buddying than Lynx.
What is that even referring to?
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:50 am

Empking wrote:I've got a general town read on Rayfrost.

Dank: The defence and suspicion is one of the factors that makes it
more
likely he's scum buddying than Lynx.

Rayfrost; How is voting the player defending you buddying up to you?
Do you want a paradox lynch for deadline, empking? We're running close to the wire here. I don't feasibly see Paradox getting lynched today though.

It's basically come down to Empkng and Rayfrost. It's interesting that neither of them has voted each other though. And now empking even has a town read on Ray as well.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:02 am

And I feel Haylen deserves to be replaced Day 3. She's done nothing, but promise to catch up. Yet, I see she's posting still constantly posting on the site even today.

Mod
, again I'll ask you to replace Haylen. It's just extremely inconsiderate for us to just keep playing with one empty player's slot. She's made 18 posts on the site since her last post here. I insisit you take some action this time.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 am

Post by dank »

Empking's ISO posts:

ISO post 27- "I'm think(ing) of RF though.
ISO post 29- "I suspect Ray for hypocrisity in a scummy manner."
ISO post 31- "Its scummy because (Ray) either thinks its scummy yet is doing it or he doesn't think its scummy and he's faking his scumhunting."
ISO post 33- "if you look at it objectively (Ray's) posts don't have more original content (than mine)."

And suddenly on ISO post 37: "I've got a general town read on Rayfrost."

Mighty quick change of mind you had there.

Sigh, I still have my suspicions with Ray, but I can't ignore Emp anymore; he is spewing scumminess all over the place. I really can't fathom a town player going about this game the way he has, though my worry that he just has a poor style of mafia in general remains a bit. Nonetheless, there's no reason not to lynch Empking at this point.

unvote, vote: Empking

No need to claim, we've got townies and a doc, and under no circumstance should the doc reveal himself today; he needs to live till tomorrow. If emp fakeclaims doc, real doc won't cc. If emp happens to be real doc, then he's dead tonight anyway, whether its lynch or NK. Thus, no need to claim.

Also,
mod: I second lynx's request.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 am

Post by dank »

ebwop: For the above post, I meant cop.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am

Dank, you're really killing me here with this whole making me summarize you all the time.

So Empking responded to my request and gave us his read on RayFrost...which turned out to be a string of one-liners that ranged from contradictory (the town read on Rayfrost) to nonsensical (the other two statements.)

Now that Dank has put his vote there though, it makes no difference whether or not I do...Emp will be lynched unless everyone undergoes some sort of magnificent transformation in the next day and a half. After some more contemplation and rereading though, I've determined that I wouldn't really want Ray lynched (at least yet) so I'm gonna
unvote, Vote: Emp

this is basically a moot vote, but at least the vote-count will better reflect where my suspicions sit.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

FOS
DO
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Paradoxombie wrote:
FOS
DO
you seem to be FOSing DO quite a bit... what's your reason this time?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

EBWOP:

quite a bit as in "at least once a day" >.>
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Empking wrote: Rayfrost; How is voting the player defending you buddying up to you?
you mean voting the player I'm voting for flimsy reasoning
isn't
buddying up to me? :?

unvote

I don't need to put my vote on you (and it's a bad idea, since, IIRC, it'd be the hammer), so I'll leave mine off.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Ray, Emp's already been lynched.

DO, that way a pretty hasty hammer before Empking could even respond to Dank. That makes 2 flimsy hammers from you.
FOS:DO
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Ray, Emp's already been lynched.

DO, that way a pretty hasty hammer before Empking could even respond to Dank. That makes 2 flimsy hammers from you.
FOS:DO
oh... that explains Para's FOS. nevermind on that question, then.

that is pretty bad for DO... =/ I'll deal with it tomorrow, gametime.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 am

Wait...Lynx, Paradox, Dank, and I are voting Empking right? Isn't this L-1???
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:35 am

Post by dank »

I thought it was 4 to lynch, though the mod never specified.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 am

Post by dank »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
Vote: Haylen

For taking the time to post a nice-sized diatribe against empking, ray, and dank, but failing entirely to acknowledge the direct address made to her by Empking, right previous to her post. Why did you ignore this question, but still take the time to quote people and attempt to refute them?

VOTE COUNT

(2) Haylen - Empking, Deuxieme Octopus

(1) Paradoxombie - RayFrost

Not Voting: Haylen, Lynx The Antithesis, Paradoxombie, dank

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch
DEADLINE: October 17, 12:01 PM PST
Nevermind, lynch happened.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Haylen »

Ok. Now that I am done kicking RayFrost's ass in another game, I can focus more of my attention here. (Im crap at multitasting)

My instincts are telling me that either Lynx and Empking are scum, Or Lynx and DO. But I can't really explain why. Just instinct, you know.

But then Dank is really pushing my buttons, I've played with him when he was scum before and he's playing differently here. Im not sure whether that means anything yet though.

So my top suspects are: DO, Lynx and Empking, not in that order.

I wouldnt have been part of the Khamisha mislynch on Day One because my instinct was telling me she was town all through it. On Day One, I play completely by instinct, and then getting more logical as the days go by. But then, when it gets to lylo, I revert back to being completely instinctual.

I find Empking more scummy than Ray.

Vote Dank
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Haylen »

Oh. Simulpost. Damn.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 am

Post by dank »

Why did you vote me if i'm not in your top suspects? What does it mean that im pushing you buttons? What reasoning do you have about anyone you just accused of guilt? There's more to this game than instinct.

Also, saying you wouldn't have been part of khamisa at this point is useless. Had you actually participated, it would not have been as easy to stay off the lynch as it is now when you know it was wrong. This is not an argument you should be making after you sat out d1.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:08 am

Wow totally jerk-ed that one up...forgot to take into account that there were only 7 people alive. Guess I'm gonna have to eat shit tomorrow for accidentally hammering twice in a row. But still...Empking was 99.99% certainly the lynch that would have occurred at deadline tomorrow. I know, you'll say, maybe he could have said something to defend himself... But it's been over a day since my vote -- the mod hasn't closed the thread, and Empking hasn't bothered to say anything. So #1: there's a good chance he wouldn't have said anything before the deadline. #2: what could he really have said at this point?

But yeah this is all basically rationalizing the fact that I made a mistake. I wouldn't have hammered had I been more aware (I would have just let the deadline do it) but I'm not particularly regretful since he's the man I wanted lynched anyway.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Haylen »

dank wrote:Why did you vote me if i'm not in your top suspects? What does it mean that im pushing you buttons? What reasoning do you have about anyone you just accused of guilt? There's more to this game than instinct.

Also, saying you wouldn't have been part of khamisa at this point is useless. Had you actually participated, it would not have been as easy to stay off the lynch as it is now when you know it was wrong. This is not an argument you should be making after you sat out d1.
1. Pressure. And you reacted to it badly. My vote's staying.
2. It means that you're tone and the things you say are setting off alarm bells in my head.
3. Of course there is more than instinct in this game, but i've won using just my instinct before, i've done it several times. Remember Lowell?

I got asked if I would be on that lynch by another player, I was answering a question. You can't tell me what I would have and wouldn't have done, I dont follow everyone else in my games, I stick to my own logic and instinct. Are you admitting that you only wanted her lynched because everybody else did?

dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by dank »

Did
I want khamisa lynched?

The fact that you seem to think I did, even though I spent all of D1 arguing against it, tells me you haven't fully read D1. So, in addition to not commenting on whether you'd be on a lynch after it was revealed to be a mislynch, please don't comment on lynches who's cases you didn't even seem to evaluate.

Rather than pressure voting me during twilight, please do something more useful and post suspects with
content
on why you suspect them; ie: not instinct. Properly catch up on this game or replace out, you've been inconsiderate enough to the players here as it is.

Return to “Completed Open Games”