Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Lookie here, bob.

Say I suspect someone because they had a funny hat. I really want that person dead because I think that funny hats are a surefire sign of scum. So we lynch that person, and that person turns town (OGML / RayFrost). Now I see another person with a funny red hat (Albert), after my experience with the last person. I will not attack this person, because I've concluded that people with funny hats aren't necessarily scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:07 pm

havingfitz wrote:And the fact DN got replaced has no bearing on his town or scum status. I would have thought mafia would be more likely to not quit a game but in my only other mafia game....both the mafia were replaced (not sure which point in the game but it was early). So mafia can ask for replacements as well as town.
BZZZZZZZZT! Wrong! DN replaced out of this game while staying in all his other games, and continued active postings in the other games. So we know that he had a choice.

Now for motivation. Scum are winning. Town is losing. My conclusion is that DN is more likely to be on the losing side.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

DeathNote had a funny hat too, but his funny hat seems a little odd to me. It depends on who is wearing the funny hat, and why I think they're wearing it!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Yes! I couldn't have said it better.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Scummy:

havingfitz (replaced CancerBottle during confirmation)
PaltryExcuse

Middletown:

ronnieroo
Tororingu-chan

Townish:

almightybob (SE) (replaced DeathNote)
Pablo Molinero (IC)

I do not guarantee that fitz is scum with PE, but I'm 80% sure fitz is scum based on my somewhat limited experience of how scum write and react.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 am

Post by almightybob »

Mighty convenient, T-chan, that the first time you suggest that lurking isn't a concrete scumtell (as opposed to those quotes I mentioned, which incidentally are from both D1 and D2) is after ABR has asserted that you don't find it a scumtell, something he did with no in-thread evidence to back him up.

Are the rest of the Town even reading this? Seriously, no-one has
anything
to comment about it?

In-before-T-chan: it's coming. This is a quick counter-point before I go to uni. When I get back, in about 6 hours, I'll have all evening to do the PbPA. Expect it in around 7 or 8 hours.

@rest of Town
: thoughts on
1) my interpretation of DN's actions and words
2) ABR's mind-reading abilities
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
PE agreed with you and appears to have leaned towards my side of the PM/HF debate
What "debate"? Is someone continuing this and not telling me? Have you been reading my words? I have resigned from my side for the time being, as evidenced by my unvote and my whole lack-of-attacking-you.
When I said ‘debate’ I was talking about the early part of Day two where we were focused on each other. In post 341 ABR basing part of his weak case against me on PE’s leaning towards a vote for you following our ‘debate,’ or argument, or exchange, or to quote TC…"going at each other’s throats." I am not trying to continue “this”…I was looking for clarification from ABR…which is difficult to get from him…on his suspicions towards me. It would appear he is reacting (coincidentally at the request of PE) in kind to the suspicions I displayed towards him in post 322.
almightybob wrote:
@rest of Town
: thoughts on
1) my interpretation of DN's actions and words
2) ABR's mind-reading abilities
1) They are similar to my interpretations. When TC made her case I thought she brought up some things worth looking more closely at. After further review I’m not convinced DN is scum. Suspicious…sure (as is everyone else IMO to some degree). Maybe if it was L-1 or 2 he wouldn’t have had the conviction to place his vote. Whereas voting when it's L-3 may have been about as committed as he appeared to towards OMG (and in hindsight…the game itself).

2) Not impressive. Additionally…if he’s town as he claims…his actions are not helping other town IMO. Being rude and offensive to people who fall in both your town and scum categories does not help progress the game and in fact your erractic and offensive play could pave the way to your lynching (as it did to an individual in my 1st game)…which if you are town would only hurt the remaining town.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:41 am

almightybob wrote:2) ABR's mind-reading abilities
Just common sense, really. Did you even read what I wrote?
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:45 am

Post by almightybob »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Just common sense, really. Did you even read what I wrote?
Yes.
You state that, on D2, T-Chan doesn't think lurking is a scumtell, after what happened with OMGL.
ABR, post 246, wrote:And this makes perfect sense, because she realized that lurking wasn't a scumtell. Therefore her reasons for voting OGML no longer justify voting me.
Your (slightly strange) hat analogy goes on to further this.

Did you read what I wrote?
me, post 380 wrote:Mighty convenient, T-chan, that the first time you suggest that lurking isn't a concrete scumtell (as opposed to those quotes I mentioned,
which incidentally are from both D1 and D2
) is after ABR has asserted that you don't find it a scumtell, something he did with no in-thread evidence to back him up.
T-chan still thinks lurking is scummy in D2. Her post 277 confirms it.

So what you said - that she doesn't find lurking scummy after what happened with OMGL - has no evidence to back it up in the thread.

It's not common sense, because common sense would lead you to the following conclusion:
- The last time T-chan referred to lurking, she thought it was a scumtell
- This occurred after OMGL's lynch, so that lynch did not affect her opinion of it as a scumtell. It remained scummy in her eyes
- She hasn't said anything in the meantime to suggest her attitude has changed
- Therefore, she probably still thinks it's a scumtell, and anyone in-thread certainly has no reason to suspect she suddenly thinks it's a nulltell

And yet, you produce the opposite conclusion, and T-chan comes flying to your rescue with the claim that "oh but it's
different
lurking", having never mentioned this before in the thread.

T-Chan wrote:What is scummy for OMGLyncher may not be necessarily be scummy for another player. I thought it was obvious (apparently not), but you can't just say "ah, you lurked. Die scum!"~~ that would make the game too easy, no? ^_^
Oh really? Then why did you say
T-Chan wrote: you were lurking....??? @_@; That's not a good sign!!
T-Chan wrote:it's scum that like to lurk
Those aren't conditional statements.

PBPA in next post.
Also T-chan, I'd like a PBPA from you too. You're horribly tunnelled, I'd be interested to see what you think of people other than me.

Also,
Mod
: could you fix my failtags in post 380? I'd like the rest of the Town to actually notice my question, and who knows, if I'm lucky they might even all respond.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:14 am Post subject: 309
ronnieroo wrote:I apologize, but I have a ton of homework to do (I slacked off all weekend) posts 200 on will come tomorrow. Sorry people.
Last post: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: 314

Roo? Hello? Roo? You have been the most absent player I have had the pleasure of playing with in my short Mafia gaming experience.

Were you planning on participating again?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

@almightybob: hah... you're right, I may be tunnelling a little bit! ^_^;
I promise to post a PBPA right after you post yours!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Oh, and... yeah... about ABR's "lurking"... I'd like everyone to consider what the purpose of lurking is, and what the difference between ABR and OMGLyncher is~ ^_^;

Trying to use a formula to find scum (OH! HE LURKED! +6.3 scum points!!) will fail... T_T; Look at things in context, please. Also, even though I've mentioned this before, but please, please remember that providing well-thought out, carefully argued cases against people is the not the
only
way to find scum. v_v;

You may disagree, but... @_@;
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 am

Post by almightybob »

almightybob's PBPA, v1.0

In alphabetical order:

Albert B Rampage
- My top scum candidate right now.
On D1, he pushed veeerrry hard for Ray's claim, but then suddenly got some fence-sitting in with this post:
ABR, post 217, wrote:I am comfortable with leaving RayFrost at L-1. I don't directly encourage a hammer although I am not against it because it could provide useful information.
Also, what happened to this?
ABR, post 163, wrote:I suspect OMG_Lyncher based on Toro-chan's case.
If Ray were to come up town, Toro would definitely be a suspect though
, because she has been tunnel-visioning a bit.
There's been 0 evidence of this suspicion in D2.

He's come up with a nonsensical conclusion that it would be impossible to derive from the thread in his "T-chan doesn't think lurking is a scumtell" thing.

Also the fact that he accepts that havingfitz's comments are valid, but makes no attempt to defend against them, doesn't impress me either. It just makes his vote against havingfitz seem like OMGUS - I can't defend against what you say, so I'll try to sling some suspicion your way to distract Town.

ABR is my lynch choice for today.

almightybob
- Obvscum. Lynch nao.

havingfitz
- Slight Town read.
He's made good thoughtful posts, responded calmly and logically to accusations made against him (and I've been pretty satisfied with his answers and explanations), and raised good points against various people while scumhunting. The only part of his play I don't like is the whole lynch-OMGL-to-avoid-a-replacement thing, but on the balance of things, I think he's probably Town.

Pablo Molinero
- first off, happy birthday!
Back on-topic: a fairly neutral read right now. It could go either way.
Like many of you, I don't like the "sit back" thing he was apparently trying out. Having said that, he's had a lot of the same suspicions I've had. I think both he and havingfitz emerged from their little back-and-forth looking fairly Town. So a neutral-leaning-Town read on Pablo.

PaltryExcuse
- Also neutral read.
PE has been on the quiet side - he hasn't really led any discussions that I can see, but he's stepped in with an opinion or observation on most of them. Fairly balanced, it seems like he's the sort of "voice of reason", not really taking sides on many issues. I can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing. I'd like to hear more from him. It's picked up a bit over the last week or so, but still I'd like more involvement.

ronnieroo
- slightly scummy read.
Hasn't posted in the last 3 days (prod time?) so I want opinions on recent events.
It seems like she's sort of faded into the background and people haven't really noticed. She hasn't contributed a whole lot, has on occasion been somewhat guilty of IIoA (eg post 296, which looks busy but I feel is heavy on the information, light on the analysis). I feel like she's sort of getting a free ride here.

And last, but definitely never least...
Tororingu-chan
- Slightly Town read.
Her frankly epic tunnelling and displays of confirmation bias are, to me, null-leaning-towntells. I've tunnelled without realising it plenty of times as Town, never as scum. The scum usually prefer to keep their options open to help blend in more easily, and I've not been able to successfully imitate tunnelling as scum.
On the other hand, this mutual buddying with ABR is worrying. If he does flip scum (which im confident he will), then T-chan will shoot right up my scum-meter.
For now though (and ignoring the unjustified outrage and inclinations of OMGUS that everyone feels when someone calls them scum), I think she's probably overenthusiastic, tunnelled Town.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 am

I don't believe it.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Sweet! Looks good to me! As promised, my PBPA~! ^_^

Scum

almightybob

dunno

ABR
Pablo
ronnieroo
fitz
PaltryExcuse

Cop

T-chan

Yeah... I claim cop with a guilty on DeathNote/almightybob. ^_^
Die scum!

Re-vote: almightybob
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 am

YEAH!

Unvote, vote almightybob!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 am

I love you T-chan. I'll buy you some ice when all this is over.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 am

Post by almightybob »

Yeah, saw that coming. I knew there had to be a reason you wouldn't stop hounding me.
almightybob wrote:
almightybob
- Obvscum. Lynch nao.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 am

WAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:24 am

Post by almightybob »

No need to be a dick about it.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Sorry about this, almightybob~ feels like I've wasted your time somewhat... ^_^;;
Die die die die die~
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:27 am

Post by almightybob »

Nah, well played. Just a little annoying that, from the moment I replaced in, I was screwed no matter what. But it's not your fault.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Everyone should be blaming DeathNote. T_T;;

Unvote: almightybob
Vote: DeathNote
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:31 am

almightybob wrote:No need to be a dick about it.
Naw man. I just got worried for a sec there. What an awesome twist that was.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 am

Post by almightybob »

I'm on board with that.

Unvote, vote: DeathNote

DAMN YOU AND YOUR "NOTHING SERIOUS"!!!
I'm a townie! Honest!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”