Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote almightybob

There is merit in this case. He possibly replaced out after being sickened by his partner's behavior.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:57 pm

As in, maybe they got in a fight or something.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Any comments on Fitz's short analysis of your day 1 play?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Oh damn, I confused this game with Open 162--Trendy and Subversive Mafia ~~Day 2. In this game, my suspects were havingfitz and PE.

Unvote, vote havingfitz

HF makes some good points against me, things for which I have no defense, however I do think he is scum.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

... really? That's all we get? You "think he's scum"? That post almost warranted my vote, but I'm trying to cut back on being QUITE so crazy throwing around my vote. Explain, because while "gut" may be good for you, it should not warrant a vote from anyone else. At least try.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

What is your take on this post, almightybob? ^_^
DeathNote wrote:...OMG didn't give us anything to go off of for serious votes.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by almightybob »

To be honest Albert, that defence is almost as unimpressive as OMGL's. I'm gonna need more than that.

T-Chane: You're so funny. That's why I like you. Because you're funny.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Pablo Molinero - 1 (havingfitz)

almightybob - 1 (Tororingu-chan)
havingfitz - 1 (Albert B. Rampage)

Not Voting - 4 (almightybob, Pablo Molinero, PaltryExcuse, ronnieroo)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, October 27.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I'm sorry I have to keep repeating it, but I wouldn't have to if you just addressed it.... o_O;;
Unless your response is still "I don't know"?? You can claim he thought OMGLyncher was obvscum all you like, but the fact of the matter remains is that DeathNote said that he didn't find anything seriously scummy about OMGLyncher, then abruptly changed his mind and voted him~! Honestly, you're "inferring" his thoughts from all these random posts and ignoring what he outright said... that's just strange. >_<;

I think I've made it pretty clear that I found that post key, (the others can be interpreted several ways...), but I don't like how you keep ignoring or avoiding it..... Maybe I should make my text bigger? ^_^

I'm too lazy to go back and reread right now but iirc DeathNote's posts go something like this:

1) He follow the crowd and claims that OMGLyncher is his one and only suspect.
2)
He says that there is nothing "serious" in OMGLyncher to vote for.

3) People correct him and tell him, yes, there is.
4) He follows the crowd again and says oh right, there is. I think he only remarks that he may be noobscum after everyone else says that may be the case.

My vote is staying where is! >_<;

I'll post in more detail later on when I'm not sleepy! ^_^

ON ABR:

Seems like everyone is commenting on that last post! I guess I'm the only one who liked it~~~ ^_^
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:59 am

Post by almightybob »

... seriously?

Right.
T-Chan wrote:You can claim he thought OMGLyncher was obvscum all you like, but the fact of the matter remains is that DeathNote said that he didn't find anything seriously scummy about OMGLyncher
False. He
repeatedly
said he thought OMGL was noobscum. I have quoted these parts several times. See the bottom of this post, or my other posts.
He also said, in the same post that you keep repeating, that he thought OMGL was "the best option" for a vote.
T-Chan wrote:then abruptly changed his mind and voted him~!
False. His vote was on OMGL from Page 5 until the end of D1, with the only exception being the unvote-vote section. I covered this in my post 318.
T-Chan wrote:Honestly, you're "inferring" his thoughts from all these random posts and ignoring what he outright said... that's just strange.
In fact, it seems like
you
are ignoring the DN posts that contradict your own viewpoint, and focusing on the one post that seems to support it.

Sentences which suggest DN thinks OMGL/Ray
isn't
scum

DeathNote wrote:OMG didn't give us anything to go off of for serious votes.
Sentences which suggest DN thinks OMGL/Ray
is
scum

DeathNote wrote:The slips I am looking for, is what Lyncher is starting to do, exaggerating little things and trying to make everyone seem scummy.
DeathNote wrote:@OMGLyncher- Lets see...
Contradiction of posts- check
Active Lurking- check
Admitted to being a good choice for lynch atm- check
DeathNote wrote:At the moment, I only have one suspect...

Lyncher as indicated in my previous post.
DeathNote wrote:If
[Ray]
defends, it would be against OMG's nooby/scummy play
DeathNote wrote:I think your LoS is fine as some of my suspicions match yours (excluding how you put yourself on town).
[Bob's note: this is said to RayFrost]
DeathNote wrote:Because Ray was replacing in for someone who seemed noob scum.

Basically, it's your one "nothing serious" quote against the several that I have pointed out which document that he thought the opposite.

Happy now, or do I need to explain it again?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 am

Post by almightybob »

Just spotted this:

T-Chan, post 96 wrote:Another thing I noticed....
OMGLyncher wrote:Woah that is a scary number of questions (I guess I deserve them).

Keep the noose around my neck for now: I need to earn my way out of this suspicion. :oops:
In other words~~ my concerns are legitimate, and you seem to realise this! ^_^
T-Chan, next post, wrote:I'm happy with my vote for now~~ ^_^

So when OMGL concedes that his accuser's concerns are legitimate and offers no defence, you're happy with your vote on him.

ABR wrote:HF makes some good points against me, things for which I have no defense, however I do think he is scum.
T-Chan wrote:ON ABR:
Seems like everyone is commenting on that last post! I guess I'm the only one who liked it~~~ ^_^
But when ABR concedes that his accuser's concerns are legitimate and offers no defence, you're happy with his post.

Que??
Explain please.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

ON ABR:
Yeah, explain this. You're buddying pretty hard for no apparent reason.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:12 am

Post by havingfitz »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oh damn, I confused this game with Open 162--Trendy and Subversive Mafia ~~Day 2. In this game, my suspects were havingfitz and PE.

Unvote, vote havingfitz

HF makes some good points against me, things for which I have no defense, however I do think he is scum.
OK…thanks for acknowledging my good points. Here is a little elaboration on them:

ABR starts his entry into the game by disputing RayFrost on a minor issue (RF claiming to have selected the scummiest player to replace). Then says he will suspect TC if RF flips town (which he did). Then he FoS RF and Votes Roo? Pressures RF for a a claim..urges people to vote. PE to vote. Votes RF and still pressures him for a claim. RF is lynched. Turns up town. What happened to suspicions on TC if Ray flipped town? What caused to to stop suspecting Roo? All of a sudden it's either Pablo or I that or scum. Still thinks TC has more to answer for than Roo. So ABR votes AlmightyBob? Wait....he meant to vote Me and his other suspect is PE. What? So you've obviously picked me in the Pablo or HF scenario and I've shot up past TC and Roo. And now PE is in the mix. (or did you mean PM?) Or do you know which game you are in? or are you v/LA? Kind of...? :?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

almightybob wrote:Just spotted this:

T-Chan, post 96 wrote:Another thing I noticed....
OMGLyncher wrote:Woah that is a scary number of questions (I guess I deserve them).

Keep the noose around my neck for now: I need to earn my way out of this suspicion. :oops:
In other words~~ my concerns are legitimate, and you seem to realise this! ^_^
T-Chan, next post, wrote:I'm happy with my vote for now~~ ^_^

So when OMGL concedes that his accuser's concerns are legitimate and offers no defence, you're happy with your vote on him.
Please try not to quote half of it... the point of that post was the second half! ^_^
me wrote:
OMGLyncher wrote:If I had posted with what I first thought, thereby passing your criteria for activity, I would have posted stupidly and replaced your baseless accusations with legitimate concern.
But one post later, my accusations are baseless. Which is it??? @_@;;
I was pointing out a contradiction... what are you trying to make me look like?? @_@;

As for ABR's post, I like it because I do! Why not? It's provoked a number of humourous reactions~ ^_^
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Actually, almightybob, after replacing in, what are your thoughts on each player? ^_^ I don't like PBPA in general, but I think it's good manners and helpful if you just entered the game!

On the DN case:
Wow... he does seem serious doesn't he! I wonder why he would say there's nothing serious then to vote for, then! ^_^
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 am

RayFrost - 5 (Tororingu-chan, PaltryExcuse, DeathNote, Albert B. Rampage, havingfitz)

I think both scum were on this wagon.

I'm not scum. DeathNote wouldn't have asked for a replacement from a winning position IMO. Toringu-chan was pushing for a RayFrost lynch since the beginning.

So that leaves two players: fitz and PE. That's who I think the scum are.

There's good reason to suspect fitz already:
PaltryExcuse wrote:That doesn't make your intentions clear at all for me. If the town doesn't want him lynched, they'll respond in kind. It seems to me as though you shied away from attack and hid behind 'what the town wants'. From what I understand, it was the 'what the town wanted' that convinced you.
Fitz was also wayyy too keen on lynching Ray when his so-called number one suspect was Pablo.

As for PE, he's been pretty wishy washy towards Fitz all game.
PaltryExcuse wrote:In the argument of fitz vs. Pablo:
I'm currently leaning towards a vote for Pablo.
Pablo's early play was contradictory, or at the very least confusing.
In the end though, he takes his chance with helping who I think is his buddy out. They're scum backing each other to victory.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:34 am

Post by almightybob »

T-chan wrote:Please try not to quote half of it... the point of that post was the second half! ^_^
Excuse me while I enjoy the irony of this.
Anyway, the point stands (
fellow Townies note
) - OMGL and ABR have basically done exactly the same thing, yet T-chan votes for the now-confirmed Town and supports the unconfirmed one.

T-Chan wrote:As for ABR's post, I like it because I do! Why not? It's provoked a number of humourous reactions~ ^_^
Because it's just as poor an effort as OMGL's defence, which you chose to vote him for.
T-chan wrote:Actually, almightybob, after replacing in, what are your thoughts on each player? ^_^ I don't like PBPA in general, but I think it's good manners and helpful if you just entered the game!
Unsubtle jab at my Mafia etiquette is noted.
I haven't had time to summarise my thoughts yet, I've been busy repeatedly responding to DN's now-infamous line.

I'll get round to my thoughts of the rest of the Town soon, probably some time tomorrow - I'm off to the pub for some table football and beer :)
I'm a townie! Honest!

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Albert, while I don't disagree 100% with your analysis (good call bringing up the lynchers on Day 1), you're headed into very grey territory by pairing people together before we know either scum.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I didn't vote OMGLyncher because he didn't defend himself? @_@?
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Anyway almightybob, I'm looking forward to your PBPA! ^_^
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:47 am

Pablo Molinero wrote:Albert, while I don't disagree 100% with your analysis (good call bringing up the lynchers on Day 1), you're headed into very grey territory by pairing people together before we know either scum.
True, and there's no concrete link between the two. However, we know for a fact that there has to be at least ONE scum on the wagon, since you are the only one alive who wasn't on that wagon, and I'm betting that fitz is the scum over PE, if only because PE raised good points against fitz yesterday. His abrupt and unforeseen support of fitz over you is something that can be debated after we lynch fitz.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:56 am

almightybob wrote:Anyway, the point stands (
fellow Townies note
) - OMGL and ABR have basically done exactly the same thing, yet T-chan votes for the now-confirmed Town and supports the unconfirmed one.
And this makes perfect sense, because she realized that lurking
wasn't
a scumtell. Therefore her reasons for voting OGML no longer justify voting me.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

T-chan has a fun exercise for everyone! ^_^
Reread the thread and replace every one of DeathNote's posts with "I agree". I think it will still be in context!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 am

Tororingu-chan wrote:T-chan has a fun exercise for everyone! ^_^
Reread the thread and replace every one of DeathNote's posts with "I agree". I think it will still be in context!
SOU DA NEE!!!! AHAHHA SOUKA, SOUKA! SAN, NII, ICHI, IKEZOOOO!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 am

3 hours in the back of an airplane, loudly spouting random words I don't understand at wild 16-yo girls from Tokyo did this to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”