Mini 858 - Dexter Season One (Game Over)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ebebwop: sotty, ddd, jebus

where are they?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

charter wrote:I am finding myself wanting to go back on chamber. Cyberbob, your thoughts?
Possibly. I do want to see what other gems don comes up with under pressure before deciding though, particularly after this one:
don_johnson wrote:so that leaves my top two right now as:

budja
cyberbob

with budja's just plain terrible hop onto my wagon grabbing the top spot on my scumlist.
i don't think chamber is scum.
Such a fantastic OMGUS/defending combo.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

chamber wrote:For the record don seems like a terrible lynch and ll needs to die.
If you must to refer to Locke as "LL", please have the common courtesy to at least capitalise the L's so people have a hope in hell of figuring out who you're referring to. Thanks.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

Cyberbob wrote:
charter wrote:I am finding myself wanting to go back on chamber. Cyberbob, your thoughts?
Possibly. I do want to see what other gems don comes up with under pressure before deciding though, particularly after this one:
don_johnson wrote:so that leaves my top two right now as:

budja
cyberbob

with budja's just plain terrible hop onto my wagon grabbing the top spot on my scumlist.
i don't think chamber is scum.
Such a fantastic OMGUS/defending combo.
not omgus. your vote was poorly reasoned, much like budja's. you are avoiding discussion on the topic and never answered my rebuttals. charter has a pr, you do not. i have reasons to not think chamber is scum. i would prefer to lynch someone else.

am i also defending alamaster, sp, charter, Ll,dddl sotty, jebus, and konowa? oh, that's right. i mentioned chamber's name. maybe that's because he's a candidate for lynch?

is it scummy that i am responding to you? or maybe its scummy that my first name is "don"? please, lay out your case if you have one. otherwise: piss off.

if you are not going to consider what i have to say then please don't pretend like you are. also, please answer:
cyberdouche wrote:I used the claim, but I did not ask for it. There is a difference, particularly when you are fishing as blatantly and as badly as you are.
how is asking for a roleclaim from a potential lynch with FIVE VOTES on him considered rolefishing? if the claim is not going to be discussed and play any part in the decision making process, then why do we have players claim anyway?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I have been attacked by the evil flu this past week and have kinda been out of it. Feeling much better today so yay.

Not really feeling the quick pile on Don. He does seem to be panicking a little since the wagon built but I don't find that scummy. I still think Konowa is the better lynch, I could even go over to triple D or even LL due to complete lack of content posted.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:20 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Don, do you not think chamber is scum because you are getting tells in that direction or do you just think the case against him is bad and thus it's a null-tell?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I would also like to know why Chamber thinks I need to die, but as he apparently doesn't provide reasons for votes I doubt anything will be said.

I don't think Don's scummy for asking for the claim, given that we don't know where L-1 is. I'm unconvinced by the reasoning for his scumlist, though.

Don: what about Almaster was giving you a town read? Why do you think Konowa's hop onto your wagon was more pro-town than Budja's?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

don_johnson wrote:ebebwop: sotty, ddd, jebus

where are they?
Waiting for everyone else to come to their senses and get back to lynching Konowa.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Konowa »

Debonair, post 307 wrote:Waiting for everyone else to come to their senses and get back to lynching Konowa.
Why hello there! I am get the feeling that this is nothing more than a "hi, I am here still, move along, nothing to see" type of post.

Mind explaining why you think I am the best lynch for the day.

Also, can you comment on dj and chamber and share your opinion on the pair of them.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Cyberbob »

don_johnson wrote:i have reasons to not think chamber is scum.
And what reasons might these be?
don_johnson wrote:if you are not going to consider what i have to say then please don't pretend like you are.
I don't recall having done anything of the sort. Misrepresentation?
don_johnson wrote:cyberdouche"[.quote]

That hurts, man. That hurts
real
bad.
don_johnson wrote:how is asking for a roleclaim from a potential lynch with FIVE VOTES on him considered rolefishing? if the claim is not going to be discussed and play any part in the decision making process, then why do we have players claim anyway?
Two reasons. Firstly, even though he had five votes I don't think anybody was ready for the day to end right then and there; there was no pressing need for a claim. Secondly, you asked for a claim so you could "make up your mind" (or something to that effect). That smells strongly to me of scum angling for as valuable a target as possible because a claim should only challenge a mind already made up rather than do the actual making up on its own.

Oh, and your bleatings about your "thought" that it had been "agreed" that Konowa and nobody else would be today's lynch are completely ridiculous. If such an agreement had been made I would have been all over whoever had made it like a rash because such things promote tunnelling on a gamewide scale.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Konowa wrote:
Debonair, post 307 wrote:Waiting for everyone else to come to their senses and get back to lynching Konowa.
Why hello there! I am get the feeling that this is nothing more than a "hi, I am here still, move along, nothing to see" type of post.
IIRC, he's almost always like that.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Jebus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

where are they?
Waiting for everyone else to come to their senses and get back to lynching Konowa.
I want to see truckloads more from you. You seem to be completely up to speed and around, why have I only seen like, four posts from you?

As for myself, I'm still not completely caught up, and won't have time to finish that till Saturday/Sunday.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by charter »

Major FOS Jebus. Following the thread, but not posting.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Konowa wrote:

Mind explaining why you think I am the best lynch for the day.

Also, can you comment on dj and chamber and share your opinion on the pair of them.
Hi there. Would, "you're scum" be explanation enough?

You spent way too much time debating a relatively pointless issue in regards to the miller name claim instead of scum hunting (and you were on the wrong side of that argument as well), the trend analysis I mentioned earlier shows you as likely scum except you don't share the links to the other likelier scum suspects which warned me off chamber, and lately your vote on DJ is pretty bad as well.

I don't have a good read on chamber in terms of town/scum (I have a good read on his usefulness however: minimal) and DJ is obvtown based on meta considerations.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Jebus wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

where are they?
I want to see truckloads more from you. You seem to be completely up to speed and around, why have I only seen like, four posts from you?
Because you can't count, I know have three times as many posts as you suggested I did. LAL?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Budja »

@don, part of my case of you is that your scumhunting seems limited to attacks on you. You are only further proving this.
Why is my "poorly reasoned" vote scummy?
For that matter, why is my vote poorly reasoned?
don wrote: i have reasons to not think chamber is scum.
?
Cyberbob wrote: Secondly, you asked for a claim so you could "make up your mind" (or something to that effect). That smells strongly to me of scum angling for as valuable a target as possible because a claim should only challenge a mind already made up rather than do the actual making up on its own.
Well said. This is important and you still seem to be missing this point here. Your 287 may have given a response to Almaster (which I admit I missed), but it missed the point. I repeat, Its not asking for a claim, its why you are asking for a claim that is bad.
DDD wrote:DJ is obvtown based on meta considerations
Where have you seen don play like this? I have played three games with don before, and his playstyle has differed a fair bit but I have never seen him look so bad (he was quicklynched over some awful logic in one game, but that wasn't really like this).
charter wrote:Major FOS Jebus. Following the thread, but not posting.
QFT. There's only one or so page to read. A quick post on the important situation here wouldn't be hard.
DDD wrote: Because you can't count, I know have three times as many posts as you suggested I did. LAL?
With the amount of content you are posting, it sure doesn't feel like it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by don_johnson »

alamaster: i don't really understand the case on chamber. the reasons i don't think he is scum is mainly because i don't see his play as coming from someone scum aligned. there are complicated mechanics at work in this game and i don't think it is scummy for someone to push for information. there is a big difference in "rolefishing", and openly discussing information which may help town. miller is a terrribly anti-town role. trying to find out more about our miller is not scummy. at this time, i actually think our miller is gambiting scum, so that helps shape my feelings on chamber as well.

locke: i'd rather not discuss why i think alamaster is town. it is
specific
things he has said which i would rather not point out at this time.

konowa's hop onto my wagon was not protown. his attitude in response to my rebuttal was. he didn't attempt to speak in absolutes and he openly admitted that the statement he was attacking me for was open to interpretation. scum generally push the scummiest side of an issue relentlessly(likecyberbob and budja are currently doing).

cyberbob: see above for reasons on chamber.

you are blatantly ignoring the facts surrounding my asking konowa for a claim. you are unwilling to accept my view. so don't act like you are listening when i make clear and concise points that go ignored. see below.

sorry for the "douche", but until further notice i am not really caring much for your feelings.
cyberboob wrote:Two reasons. Firstly, even though he had five votes I don't think anybody was ready for the day to end right then and there; there was no pressing need for a claim.
he was potentially at L-1. technically at L-2. dangerous waters for an unclaimed player to tread. how would a claim end the day? in fact, my request was clearly not a request to "end the day". it was a request for a player at hypoL-2 to claim. happens all the time.
cyberboner wrote: Secondly, you asked for a claim so you could "make up your mind" (or something to that effect).
^^ charters words, not mine. i said, "i'll take it and go from there". again i will ask you, if we are not going to consider a players roleclaim, then why ask for one at all?
cybilshepherd wrote:That smells strongly to me of scum angling for as valuable a target as possible because a claim should only challenge a mind already made up rather than do the actual making up on its own.
^^ what????? who said the claim was making up my mind? just because i didn't build the case against konowa does not invalidate the case itself. he had five votes on him. FIVE. in a normal game that's L-2. in this game he could've been at L-1 for all we know. asking for a claim is standard operating procedure.
crybabybob wrote:Oh, and your bleatings about your "thought" that it had been "agreed" that Konowa and nobody else would be today's lynch are completely ridiculous. If such an agreement had been made I would have been all over whoever had made it like a rash because such things promote tunnelling on a gamewide scale.
so i guess you didn't realize that alamaster actually asked for the claim first? post 269. almost a full hour before i asked. alamaster was not voting konowa at the time. he simply threatened a hammer. no comment on that? i didn't have a problem with it. you yourself had voted. was your vote on konowa a "pressure" vote? you make me laugh.

ddd: to what "meta" do you refer? i know we've played before, but i am curious for your reasoning here.

budja: *facepalm*

please respond to 294 and 296.

please answer this hypothetical: for the purposes of this excercise you are a vanilla townie.

a player is run up to a lynch. they seem scummy as hell. they claim doctor. noone counterclaims.

do you hammer? if so, why? if not, why not?

also, if you spend more than a millisecond debating the answer to this question guess what?

you used deductive reasoning. you used information to help you make a decision. that's how decisions are made. try this one:

would you rather make a potential gamechanging decision with more information or less information?

or try this one:

did you really think you could pull off this miller gambit?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by don_johnson »

cyberbob: sorry, i don't like being mean. maybe that's why nobody likes me. i get what you are saying to a certain degree, but i disagree with your conclusions entirely. i replaced into this game. i am trying to garner as much info as i can to make my decisions. if you'll notcie, i haven't been votehopping or anything of the sort. i stuck with my predecessors opinion because i respect him as a player and i didn't see anything else in this thread to change my mind. that person got run up to hypoL-2. alamaster asked for a claim(after you switched to the wagon yourself). i didn't see any problem with that. i followed it up with my own request and left open the option that konowa might not be the best day 1 lynch. in the ensuing discussion, konowa came off townish and budja seems the scummiest. i think the attacks on me are terrible, especially since the facts i have presented seem to be getting ignored. but whatever. sorry for calling you a douche, boob, boner, cybilshepherd, and crybaby. that wasn't nice. :(

anyhoo, now that that ugly post is behind me, i'd really like it if we lynch budja. i'm pretty sure he's scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

don_johnson wrote:cyberbob: sorry, i don't like being mean. maybe that's why nobody likes me. i get what you are saying to a certain degree, but i disagree with your conclusions entirely.
lmao.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Budja »

No time to post now but from a glance I think you are still seriously missing the point don.

I am not against claims before lynching. I am against the way
you
asked for one.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:59 am

Post by don_johnson »

Budja wrote:No time to post now but from a glance I think you are still seriously missing the point don.

I am not against claims before lynching. I am against the way
you
asked for one.
a) i don't think that there's anything wrong with the way i asked.

b) what is your opinion of alamaster?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Sotty7 »

After Triple D's post 313 he has dropped down my willing to lynch list. Still would love more content from him though.

I'm starting to think this case against Don is a big distraction. Especially since alamaster is being ignored though all this.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

budja: please post an iso analysis of alamaster. i have read him myself and i don't see how you can possibly differentiate between the two of us. i also have some follow up questions for alamaster, but i would like to hear from you first.

the absence of alamaster from scrutiny is a major scumtell imo. it is a major part of the issue i have with my voters at this time.

sp and konowa should be chiming in with status updates as well. camping the votes is poor form in a game where the vote count is unreliable. i feel i have been forthright and timely in my responses and i feel that i have raised some good points in this discussion. not sure why you guys are inactive here(maybe i'm just hyperactive), but i would like opinions from both of you on our exchange and updates to your stance.

charter: am i making any sense to you?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: i have read him myself and i don't see how you can possibly differentiate between the two of us.

should read: i have read him myself and i don't see how you can possibly differentiate between the two of us based on what you have said.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 am

Post by charter »

No, don. You're looking scummier with every post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”