mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:32 am

Post by mathcam »

I see plenty of reasons not to hammer. Two quick hammers of townies in a row would certainly bring suspicion on himself the following day. If Rosso is our scum, then his only job in this game is to stay alive for 4 or 5 days in a row. While he can take advantage of his meta for doing it once, his meta can't cover all of them. But honestly, I still buy that argument a little bit -- that's why you're the number one choice instead of him.

Cam
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Empking »

[0/1] le Chat (2) Lewarcher82, Lewarcher82
[0/1] Excedrin (0)
[0/2]lewarcher82 (3): Excedrin, Le Chat, Mathcam
[0/1]mathcam (0)
[2]Rosso Carne (0)

4 to lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Rosso, please, post something.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by le Chat »

I'm almost forced to rethink my opinion on lewarcher82 because he literally cannot be lynched without Rosso's vote, and Rosso said no. I guess that is not the end of the world, but considering the prospects, I don't like the situation.

The staggered votes is frustrating. Rosso apparently will not hammer lewarcher82. Similarly, lewarcher stated that he is convinced Rosso is town. A lynch cannot happen without one of them, which takes both of them off of the table. That's frustrating simply because I don't think anyone is mafia but lewarcher, and yet I must choose someone else?

I don't think mathcam is scummy. He seems to recognize the same situation I'm in. Similarly, I don't suspect Excedrin.

I am most comfortable with my vote on lewarcher82. I feel like my vote doesn't change anything, but its staying there.

I fail to see what a No Lynch does... =\[/i]
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:35 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@lechat
dude, if me and rosso were scum we would have won. If only I am, well, I am foolong Rosso, good for me. But I am not. And finally, if Rosso is scum, he would hammer me, since he is not the one who strated this BW.

I am still waiting for a post from Rosso.

oh, and a nolynch would change the balance of the votes.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:52 am

Post by le Chat »

Ooh that is true. A NL would re-roll all the votes. =] I'm totally for that, being Mr. Weak-vote.

And yes, if you both were scum then you would have won barring Day 3 the two of you get your votes rolled poorly and don't have majority even though you match town numbers on the roster. Food for thought I guess. I don't suspect you both of being scum together though.

You said if he is scum, he would hammer you, but if you are scum and he is town, he could hammer you.

I don't suspect Rosso for being scum, I just am stuck that I think you are scum but Rosso does not and you cannot be lynched without Rosso.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:57 am

Post by mathcam »

Yeah, no one's saying you could both be scum.

But I pointed out in a previous post why Rosso wouldn't necessarily hammer if he's scum. To add to that, you have to actually be here to hammer. Interesting that you view the continuing lack of hammer as further support of Rosso's innocence.

EmpKing
: Can we replace Rosso? I think he's had more than enough time to post, and this isn't his first bout of inactivity.

Cam
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Empking »

Replacing Rosso
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:18 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

how far is the deadline? it will be interesting to see if rosso's replacement is willing to hammer me
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Excedrin »

le Chat, what do you think about Rosso's desire for a mathcam lynch?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:51 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Well, I say what I think, for the moment. Mathcam is risking big times asking for a replacement for someone who FoS's him. Therefore, he may be town. Basing on this, I am more and more conviced that Rosso('s replacement) may be town as well.

Oh, and Excedrin: I do not trust you very much.

Let us please lynch Le Chat.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Empking »

Deadline is 48 hours after I get a Rosso replacement
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Excedrin »

Unvote

What happens at deadline if there's no majority? If it nolynches, that'd be OK with me.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by le Chat »

@excedrin: i was kinda surprised to see a hammer -not- taken by rosso and to see him turn around and say he would like to lynch cam. rosso simply said that cam was right in that nobody was playing and he would only hammer cam. i dont think cam is scummy.

i am completely sold on a lewarcher lynch, but im also perfectly fine with a No Lynch because it will reshuffle the dice and im at the low point at the moment while my main suspect is at the high point.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

I have nothing against a no lynch, this is a nightless game, but I am still convinced that Le Chat is scum. My opinion on the present situation is explained in posts 104 and 108.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
Unvote

What happens at deadline if there's no majority? If it nolynches, that'd be OK with me.
Its no Lynch.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Empking »

Sanjay replaces Rosso. Deadline in 48 hours
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Sanjay »

Hey, everyone!

I'll get started on an extensive re-read. There's almost two game days of posts here for me to get through, so it will probably take a while.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

mathcam wrote:I'd rather lynch an absent Rosso than an active lewarcher. If deadline nears, I'm jumping ship to Rosso. This is pathetic.

Cam
I don't understand this post at all. In the posts preceding it, you demonstrate that you are well aware of the town option to no lynch. Why would deadline approaching make you want to vote for Rosso more exactly?

Does the passage of time somehow make Rosso more scummy or something?
lewarcher82 wrote:I have nothing against a no lynch, this is a nightless game, but I am still convinced that Le Chat is scum. My opinion on the present situation is explained in posts 104 and 108.
Do you mind explaining how you went from having a gut feeling about le Chat to being convinced that le Chat is scum? This seems like a bit of an inconsistency to me.

Also, after yesterday, why were you so willing to put le Chat within the reach of my predecessor's mighty hammer powers?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I do not how to answer this. I do not really have strong evidence, I guess that after his post 105 my feeling got stronger, but I do not know why (perhaps cuz I do not think there is only 1 mafia, and I think he is trying to push because if there are 2 this is potential lylo).

Would you people be so kind to explain me once again why you think that I am mafia?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Sanjay »

Do you not understand the arguments against you or do you just want people to restate them?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:05 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I want people to restate them. Cuz I think that from an extremly thin case a BW was created too quickly.

And I repeat: this is potential lylo, even though Le Chat prefers that we forget it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by mathcam »

Here ya go:
mathcam wrote:Yesterday he makes this big deal about how he doesn't want to put the wagon in a Rosso-hammerable position. Then he does it anyway -- we all agree this is scummy. Seems clear that he in fact
wants
to take advantage of the fact that Rosso will hammer.

Now what happens on day 2? He puts le Chat in a hammerable position as soon as he gets the opportunity. My guess is that he's hoping Rosso will blindly hammer anyone he can, and use this to off Le Chat.
I've since made several other arguments which you should re-read as well, but that's the big one.
Sanjay wrote:I don't understand this post at all. In the posts preceding it, you demonstrate that you are well aware of the town option to no lynch. Why would deadline approaching make you want to vote for Rosso more exactly?

Does the passage of time somehow make Rosso more scummy or something?
Fair point. No, but passage of time does increase frustration with non-participating members. I also hadn't been too careful with the rules -- I've since gone back and read the deadline rules, but at the time, I figured that If we were going to have the deadline decide the lynch instead of a town consensus, we should eliminate a non-player rather than an active member.

Incidentally, thank for replacing.

Cam
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

The case is pathetically thin. I'll have you notice that I did not even take into consideration the option of lynching you on day 2, even though Rosso declared he was ready to hammer you. How do you explain that?

You cannot build a case on the fact that I changed my mind, let Rosso hammer and was unlucky. What is the problem with Rosso? Is he subnormal? Cannot he help hammering on day 1? He shouldn't have hammered: he is as guilty as I am.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Sanjay »

lewarcher82, you seem to be operating under this ridiculous assumption that Mafiosi are incredibly transparent and act as anti-town as possible all the time. The fact that you failed to lynch someone doesn't prove you aren't Mafia at all. (The fact that I didn't hammer you doesn't prove I'm not Mafia either, despite what you have said)

Inconsistencies are much more the hallmark of Mafia than overtly anti-town play. You supposedly were concerned about the Spammah Hammah and yet you have twice acted in a way that did not mirror that concern.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”