Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

5th vote count of day 2:

DTMaster - 3 (Yellowbunny, DTMaster, Nikanor)
JasonT1981 - 2 (Battle Mage, hitogoroshi)
Battle Mage - 1 (JasonT1981)

Not voting (Haylen, Maemuki, KittyMo, Vi, Sotty7)

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

jasonT1981 wrote:So again.. where is your case.

No appeal to emotion on my behalf,
not a scum tell on me

Simply asking you once again to post your case point for point on why I am sum.

confirmed scum as you say, and have since backtracked on.
lol, if you intend to twist everything i say, and aren't going to accept my word for anything, what exactly is the point in me talking to you? Much less, spend my time compiling a case, which will have minimal value.

I dont need to persuade anyone of anything. Anyone expecting to ride my coat-tails, will find themselves thrown in front of a train pretty soon.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 773 wrote:I figured that you'd be re-reading the archive in a lot more deal than any of us (because it would be your first time) and as such you'd be best qualified to post anything that Neto said that reads much different in light of his being confirmed doctor.
How, exactally, would that change anything?
("Oh yeah, because Neto said <quote> he was obvDoctor you people are morons")
("Oh yeah, because Neto was obvTown <quote> is obviously true why aren't you blindly following his lead without my help")
Maemuki 774 wrote:@Vi, I'll call you Bee from now on. :< *feels insulted.* Just kidding. Although I will call you Bee.
Better than "Bi" by some margin, but not as good as "Xi", "Wii", "Ui", "Iv", or "Six".
Come to the last part of the alphabet; it's more fun there~
Maemuki 774 wrote:Also, if Netopalis posts, he'll use his "bah!" post. Either way, why would the bah post be useful?
That was an obvious joke question >.>

Hey Mae, have you ever been scum before?
Do you find anyone suspicious, or are you resting on your Tracker claim to get through the Day?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik
Is there anything else you would like to add? All I read is: I'm getting voted because I said I would only be an optimal lynch if I was seen as scummy. In the circumstances of day 1: we should not ever vote unCCed PRs and vote off the VTs. Also your current scum list please and why?

@Mae
750: That joke post makes me think of "appeal to humour" towards the town. It doesn't contribute to any real active discussion, and tack on your lurking behavior it just makes it worse.

It reads as newb-scum trying to fly under the radar. Since you claimed, I expected more active scum hunting and less passive PR play.

753: It only works if you are right. Unless we are all VTs here, if anyone has a target ability you be dead. The only way scum-fake tracker could survive effectively is to track their buddies, basically outing them.

Also YB read the above.

@BM
751: Tubbyism alert. Hmmmmm....m.m.m.m.m.m.

769: @ Leaders die early.
Unless the short term gain of wrong cases would let them keep the loose bullet. I would consider noting the passive players for now for future reference if things go on.

@Jason
Scum list please. From what I'm reading you are attacking BM for being scum for his lack of case and acusing him as scum leading the town.

@Vi
I think I'm the master of diversionary tactics but I don't get how to answer your question. Someone's township is determined by the town so I can't really answer it well.

If I had to name one thing, it would be not voting on the PR wagons but that's extremely subjective. Why did you want me to comment about my own township?
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

@Nikanor:
Nikanor wrote: I was also of the opinion that Jason was more scummy than you, so if I thought I might as well try.
Okay. Next question: you found Jason scummy enough to vote for at the end of D1, but your first and only vote (unless I missed something...correct me if I'm wrong) on D2 is on DT. Did something happen to change your opinion?
Nikanor wrote: Yeah, I was going mostly on gut for Jason late yesterday. Although the reason for my gut reaction could easily be that Jason has terrible grammar (My gut activates on people with bad grammar, for some reason of which I am unaware).
Hehe...interesting gut-based theory. Maybe you are thinking back to high school...all the good townies were in English class, studying their grammar. However, the adolescent mafiosos were in the bathroom smoking, so they don't know the difference between an adjective and an adverb! :P

@Vi:
Vi wrote:@CSLlowbunny: What do you think of the people on your own wagon from D1?
Hey, did you just call me slow?? Oh well, at least I don't share a name w/a crappy text editor...

As for my D1 wagon:

I think I've made my opinions on DT's behavior clear.

Sotty went after me pretty hard yesterday, but I cannot really classify her behavior as anything other than stubborn and somewhat pro-town. I don't think she was unfair (like...she seemed to actually be listening to what I was saying, and didn't try to bastardize my words), and the vibe I got from her was a probable-townie following up on some questionable meta data.

Jason went after me for a while. I got slightly bad vibes from him, but was more distracted by DM. In light of what is going on between Jason and BM today, I think I ought to revisit those posts...so I am holding out judgment on that.

Also, I've said I find the quick unvoting of me by Hito and Nikanor after BM backed off the wagon to be really questionable. (I didn't find their initial votes questionable...in fact, I urged Hito to put his on.)
Vi wrote:Also, if you are the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and prefer to decapitate people, wouldn't that necessarily imply that you could have eaten CSL's brains?
Eh...I wish.

The unfortunate thing is, I haven't been refered to as "he" enough times to exceed this game's threshold...and as a result, I cannot transform into the killer rabbit. And sadly, in regular rabbit mode...all I can do to express my displeasure is twitch my nose and thump my feet. Its very inconvenient. :x

Side note: If I had been able to decapitate him and eat his brains...wouldn't that make me the Zombie Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

@DT:
DT wrote:753: It only works if you are right. Unless we are all VTs here, if anyone has a target ability you be dead. The only way scum-fake tracker could survive effectively is to track their buddies, basically outing them.

Also YB read the above.
Noted. And if Mae flips scum...I am sure we will all remember this.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Oh! I forgot!
BM wrote: I dont need to persuade anyone of anything. Anyone expecting to ride my coat-tails, will find themselves thrown in front of a train pretty soon.
Interesting comment. Do you believe anyone is trying to ride your coat-tails in this game?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Vi »

DTMaster 778 wrote:@Vi
I think I'm the master of diversionary tactics but I don't get how to answer your question. Someone's township is determined by the town so I can't really answer it well.

If I had to name one thing, it would be not voting on the PR wagons but that's extremely subjective. Why did you want me to comment about my own township?
In particular I want to know what you're trying to prove by self-voting.
In general considering you're the leading wagon right now I would expect you-Town to have some reason to say "omgwtflookiminnocent", except with much better English.

Last,
nobody
voted Netopalis or Maemuki after they claimed.
I will acknowledge that jason, KittyMo, and Netopalis all kept their votes down for Netopalis/Maemuki, but I don't see you going after either of the two that are still alive from that group.
So I don't see how that in particular would make you look Townish.

-----
y-bunny 779 wrote:Hey, did you just call me slow?? Oh well, at least I don't share a name w/a crappy text editor...
Not intentionally. And at least I'm not EMACS :P
y-bunny 779 wrote:The unfortunate thing is, I haven't been refered to as "he" enough times to exceed this game's threshold...and as a result, I cannot transform into the killer rabbit. And sadly, in regular rabbit mode...all I can do to express my displeasure is twitch my nose and thump my feet. Its very inconvenient. :x

Side note: If I had been able to decapitate him and eat his brains...wouldn't that make me the Zombie Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?
1) So it's
unfortunate
that you haven't been misidentified often enough? :?
2) Can you twitch your ears as well? :3
3) "Zombie" implies that you are undead, which I don't think is the case.
However, I acknowledge that after MJ's agonizing wake zombies have gone
way
out of style, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to be one.

You mentioned jason's name, which brings up an interesting question.

@jason:
Why didn't you vote yellowbunny when she was at L-2 yesterday?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Haylen »

Hi. Im ill. Nuff said.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vi, I'll answer your question once jason tells us why he is voting BM, and what he thinks of hito's vote on jason. I'm waiting for that to happen because I am suspicious of jason, but I'd like to hear his answer to those questions before making a judgement on him.
Also, Thanksgiving weekend saps my motivation.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Nikanor Post 766 wrote:Yeah, I was going mostly on gut for Jason late yesterday. Although the reason for my gut reaction could easily be that Jason has terrible grammar (My gut activates on people with bad grammar, for some reason of which I am unaware).
Do you think he is scum?
Vi Post 772 wrote:@SevySotten: Who are you suspicious of right nao, and why?
Haylen = Active lurking.
Yellow mostly because of CSL+her initial attack on BM on entering the game

My BM suspicion has lessened lately. I need to re-read once I shake this flu but I would also say Nikanor is starting to climb up my list. He doesn't seem to be doing
anything

Not really liking hitogoroshi's vote on Jason either right now. Smacks of wagoning. Jason is mad that BM hasn't made a case and yet is calling him obvscum, some what understandable if a waste of energy. Not sure how that is scummy.

DTMaster, what do you think of Jason at this point?
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Sotty wrote: I need to re-read once I shake this flu but I would also say Nikanor is starting to climb up my list. He doesn't seem to be doing anything
QFT. Also, allow me to direct your attention to an earlier exchange between Nikanor and I:
Nikanor, iso 39 wrote:
YB wrote: As for other scummy people, outside of Mae, CK, and BM (in that order) there is a person who have been seeming a little "off" to me - Nikanor. This is based solely on meta from an ongoing game he and I were both in (but we are both dead at this point). He was town in that game, and I feel his playstyle is somewhat different in this game. I think he is being more quiet/participating in scum hunting less. Nothing huge...but worth noting.
It's because I've been lurking through a good portion of this game.
You can take a look at my meta, if you'd like. I've only flipped scum in three games - one of them is ongoing, but I was obvscum since day one, one of them I didn't even really get a chance to play, and one of them I replaced in as scum and immediately jumped on every bandwagon that formed.
I'm actually pretty bad at playing scum. If I were scum in this game, you'd know it.
Nikanor, you do not dispute that lurking isn't a part of your town-meta. I wouldn't be surprised if, based on your previous lack of success as scum, you are changing to a new tactic: lurking.
HOS: Nikanor

Vi wrote:Not intentionally. And at least I'm not EMACS Razz
Great...you made Richard Stallman go into the corner to cry. Meanie!
Vi wrote:1) So it's unfortunate that you haven't been misidentified often enough? Confused
2) Can you twitch your ears as well? :3
3) "Zombie" implies that you are undead, which I don't think is the case.
However, I acknowledge that after MJ's agonizing wake zombies have gone way out of style, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to be one.
1) When it stops me from being able to decapitate those I want to decapitate, yes!
2) That's classified information.
3) Yeah, plus zombies have really gross hair (what with mud and bugs and grave moss and such), and I really don't want to ruin my new flat-iron. :(
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

yellowbunny wrote:Nikanor, you do not dispute that lurking isn't a part of your town-meta. I wouldn't be surprised if, based on your previous lack of success as scum, you are changing to a new tactic: lurking. HOS: Nikanor
I hate to deflect, but Haylen, Maemuki, hito and KittyMo are all lurking to a greater degree than I am. Why are you speculating on the reason for my lurking while ignoring theirs?
hito is a person I'd like to hear more from. His vote on Jason looked opportunistic and scummy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Sotty+7: If you were to place a vote on someone, who would it be?
Rapid follow-up question: Why haven't you placed a vote?

More people should be voting across the board tbh. And because I'm not that great at being a hypocrite--
Vote: hitogoroshi
(L-5)
hito has gotten this far mostly by the Awesome! power of active lurking, plus I can't shake the vibe I keep getting from him of
I know something you don't know
. Plus--
hito 773 wrote:Sorry for not posting. Because I had posted one page back I thought I was safe, I hadn't realized that that was all the way back on Wednesday. xD
Best admission to lurking
ever
~
Nikanor 783 wrote:Vi, I'll answer your question once jason tells us why he is voting BM, and what he thinks of hito's vote on jason. I'm waiting for that to happen because I am suspicious of jason, but I'd like to hear his answer to those questions before making a judgement on him.
And there's nobody else you're suspicious of...?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vi wrote:And there's nobody else you're suspicious of...?
Well I'm suspicious of DTM for claiming VT and self-voting an hour before deadline and directly after BM said that self-voting is townie. The fact that his vote is still on himself isn't earning him any points, either.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote:Sotty+7: If you were to place a vote on someone, who would it be?
Rapid follow-up question: Why haven't you placed a vote?

More people should be voting across the board tbh. And because I'm not that great at being a hypocrite--
Vote: hitogoroshi
(L-5)
hito has gotten this far mostly by the Awesome! power of active lurking, plus I can't shake the vibe I keep getting from him of
I know something you don't know
. Plus--
hito 773 wrote:Sorry for not posting. Because I had posted one page back I thought I was safe, I hadn't realized that that was all the way back on Wednesday. xD
Best admission to lurking
ever
~
I really don't know what to say about 'your vibes' I'm afraid.

And that wasn't an 'admission to lurking' as much as it was an 'admission to not posting.' (There's a difference, I swear!) I was following the thread but couldn't find anything to meaningfully contribute; however, I understand that as bad as babble is not posting is even worse. If I can't find anything to say, I make sure to post 'once a page or so' - but that metric failed me when the gap between the pages got so large.

Nik + Sotty, I would respectfully disagree that my vote was an opportunistic, bandwagon vote. As I've said before, scum like to justify their votes for the specific purpose of forming a bandwagon. My vote was preceded by a single sentence that wasn't in any way a call to arms. While I certainly think Jason is scummy, I'm not advocating others to vote him, and with my voting putting him at L-4 I can hardly be getting him in the lynch range.

If I think everyone should vote the same as me, I'll say so, but if I don't say so I hardly see why hito-scum would benefit for throwing out an explained vote.

I'll try to post more and explain my vote in more detail after I've heard from Jason.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Vi »

The above post is drivel.

hito, what is the point of voting someone if you do not want to at least APPEAR to want them lynched? Especially since you don't seem to have any other suspicions.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that I'm voting for Jason and yet think he's town, or something like that. What I'm saying is that if I'm not attempting to start a bandwagon, it can hardly be called a scummy attempt at an bandwagon! I would probably be happy with a Jason lynch, but if a bandwagon on him starts to form I will need to "re-vote": that is, either give a full justification for my vote or unvote him. You can vote for reasons other than "I want to form a bandwagon and lynch this person immediately!"

And it's not that I don't have other suspicions, it's that I don't like to post "player X gives me a bad rumbly in my tumbly!" More importantly, the players who I view as the most scummy, even for a gut reason, are the players I'm going to want to ask the most questions of, and very often it helps if the person doesn't think that I suspect them of anything. When I publicly accuse someone of being scummy, it's generally because a.) they're reaaalllly scummy or b.) because the questions I want to ask them require me to be defined adversarially (spell check says that's not a word, but I don't care. You can all understand what that means.)

So tl;dr, I don't post my little suspicions because they turn into little investigations. That's why I'm willing to post townie gut reads - because that's oftentimes the result of me thinking someone is scummy because of reason X, probing a little, and discovering that X wasn't actually a good reason to think someone is scummy.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Let me ask the original question in a slightly different way -
why are you voting jason?

The rest of your post doesn't answer why you aren't saying anything. You say you'll ask suspicious people questions... but... you aren't doing anything of the sort. Basically and if I'm reading you right you want us to believe you're scumhunting, just in your own mind and not anywhere where we can see it or question it. I don't buy that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kittymo has been prodded.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:57 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Vi
No the only thing I would call townish is the fact that I advocated for neither person lynch. If you do a quick Iso read on me my response to people's troubling decision to lynch either wagon is: don't go on either wagon.

I responded this to Hito and to YB which makes them scummier for even contemplating a lynch on 2 unCCed PRs.

What I did afterwards is actually considered anti-town so you are right here, it doesn't make me townish.

@Sotty
I find jason's play highly emotional, so I can't get a good read on it. I have a scum meta on Jason we could make note of: Internal Struggle Mafia found in my Wiki.

But it's not a good base since I read more anger and less analysis. He was at least trying to blend in as scum-goon in ISM with semi-analysis/fishing. I get odd gut vibes from Jason in general but consider him anti-town in general, rather then scummy.

I'll do a reread when I can but from what I can remember as this moment that is what I have on Jason.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am a bit behind, t too far I believe. I had hospital treatment yesterday though and was pretty drowsy from the meds I have been put on (As some of you, including Zach himself knew about) . Will be catching up as soon as I get dinner finished.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

not too far that meant to say.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

ok caught up

OK not actually as far behind as I thought I was (was thinking I was 3 / 4 pages behind)

I have a frew questions

1)BM – Why did you spend the entire post of 757 going after Haylen only to vote me without mention of me in that entire post?

2)Haylen, if you are feeling better and reading this. Who do you feel are scum in this game?

3)BM you seem to spend a lot of time telling people that they should take you at your word and you are right all the time, and give the impression people should be following you without question as you know what is best for them, why is this?

4) Nikanor is your entire basis of thinking I am scum based upon my grammar not being great? Or is there more? Why does your gut activate on people with bad grammar to make you think they are scum for this?

5)BM, again directed at you, how is asking you to post your case on me an appeal to emotion on my behalf? I simply want your case so I know what I am defending myself against. You understand how that works right?

6)BM again
Battle Mage wrote:
You obviously aren't reading. I made it quite clear yesterday (real time) that you were going to be lynched today. Voting Haylen was just an interesting thing to do in the meantime. But you can quit representing me, plz. :)

BM
You are aware it takes more than your vote to make me the lynch of today are you not? you are awfully sure of yourself are you not in making it clear I am the going to be lynched today? You have accused me of tunnel vision on you, but this is awfully tunnel visioned itself is it not? What makes you so sure I am todays lynch?

7)@ BM why when I ask once again for your case on me do you again shrug it of with a LMAO, why are you so unprepered to make a bullet-point case on me if you are so sure I am going to be lynched.
8)Vi, this is more a point that a question really, you came into the game with a high opinion of yourself, you asked why I am voting BM, well I believe I had already summed that up in the post where I Voted BM and in the posts leading up to it, and since he is ill-prepered to make a solid case on me, why declaring I am going to be the lynch today is why it is still upon him.

9)again a point and question directed at hitogoroshi, re post 773 where he voted for me.
hitogoroshi wrote:Sorry for not posting. Because I had posted one page back I thought I was safe, I hadn't realized that that was all the way back on Wednesday. xD
jasonT1981 wrote:
So BM I am asking... infact no I am now DEMANDING you make a case against me and show how I am indeed 'confirmed scum and will be lynched today'

I demand your case NOW.. no more pussy footing, no more side stepping as you have done, I have asked many times, as have others. I DEMAND your case on me if I am confirmed scum.
Jason, his "case" is that you're more concerned with self-preservation than scumhunting and even when he's not starting a bandwagon you're simply yelling at the person attacking you rather than doing anything else. And that's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

vote: JasonT1981

Do you not feel me going after BM is scum hunting? Yes, while I admit I am trying to preserve myself in the game (anyone who has been declaired lynch of today would be in this situation) why do you feel the need to answer for BM, seems like coaching to me no?

And do you really believe that me defending myself (as you say, self preservation) is reason to vote me? Your vote seems very opertunistic to me

HOS: Hito

Battle Mage wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:So again.. where is your case.

No appeal to emotion on my behalf,
not a scum tell on me

Simply asking you once again to post your case point for point on why I am sum.

confirmed scum as you say, and have since backtracked on.
lol, if you intend to twist everything i say, and aren't going to accept my word for anything, what exactly is the point in me talking to you? Much less, spend my time compiling a case, which will have minimal value.

I dont need to persuade anyone of anything. Anyone expecting to ride my coat-tails, will find themselves thrown in front of a train pretty soon.

BM
this stands out to me a lot, I ask for his case on me again, as have others and he responds with 'if you are not going to take my word for anything, what is the point in talking to you'

this is another example of BM trying to lead the game in his direction, declaring lynches, claiming three is no point in talking to those who don't agree with him' these are all examples of why my vote is where it is at right now.

@ DTMaster re: post 778 request for List of suspected scum

BM – Obivious reasons outlined many times

Hito – his vote on me is very opportunistic, as well as him answering for BM, when I asked for BM's case. seems weird to me

Haylen – Moving up my scum list rapidly as she is not very active and seems content to lurk

YB/CSL – I have a very good scum meta on CSL and his actions matched. CSL has not really done much to ease my suspicions still but is providing more content which I feel is helpful

Mae: Seems to just randomly comment at the minute and not really making a contribute to the game.

@ Nikanor re post 783 – I believe I already had outlined my reasons for vote on BM, so why are you avoiding Vi's question

@ Sotty re post 784 – what has lessened your suspicion of BM?

@ hitogoroshi re post 789. what is the difference between lurking and not posting? You where following the thread but didnt feel there was enough to contribute? There is plenty that has been discussed, you are going up further in my scum list right now.

You also say scum like to justify there votes with reasons? Hmmm, I think voting without reasoning is more scummier. But thats just me. But then again, you then try to justify your vote as putting me at L-4 aas not putting me in lynch range, so you then are making yourself guilty of being scum are you not? At least according to your own theories?

Vi is right in post 790... complete drivel Hitos 791 seems he is trying to justify his voting again, something he says is what scum does in his last post? No?

DT re post 794 – Yes, I do play quite emotionally at times.

Right now Hito has leapt up my scum-list and is sticking out like a sore thumb to me. BM, I am still thinking could be very likely scum, but it is his general cockiness of people should do as I say, and declaring people as today's lynch has me thinking that. Hito has been darn right scummy as of late.

unvote: BM
Vote: Hito

Haylen also needs to get her sick ass in here and post more, Mae also her last few posts really have not been helpful in any way. I would also like to hear more from Sotty, but she has not given me anything to believe she is scum at this moment.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote:Let me ask the original question in a slightly different way -
why are you voting jason?

The rest of your post doesn't answer why you aren't saying anything. You say you'll ask suspicious people questions... but... you aren't doing anything of the sort. Basically and if I'm reading you right you want us to believe you're scumhunting, just in your own mind and not anywhere where we can see it or question it. I don't buy that.
I'm scumhunting, but not 'only in my mind.' I'm simply doing it in ways other than "I BELIEVE THAT ACTIVITY TO BE SCUMMY. HERE IS A POINTED QUESTION." That approach works sometimes, but it's limited in that the very act of asking the question primes the answerer with the ideal response. So there are other ways that are better in many situations. Ask for clarification without dropping any hint that you found the original incarnation scummy. Ask a question of someone else, and see if the person you're suspicious of reacts to it (or doesn't react to it when you think they should.)

Jason's behavior struck me as paranoid and self-defensive. BM piled the pressure on - but it was FAKE pressure. He never once did anything to rally the rest of the town to his cause, but swore that he would. And yet Jason lashed out like it was the end of the world - which gave me the impression that he was scum fearing for his own survival and trying to attack a non-entity case with disproportionate force to make the suspicion go away. I figured the quickest way to test such was to vote him out of the blue (the fact that BM's activity lulled was a helpful touch) and see if his initial suspicions were real scumreads on BM or simply him lashing out at his attacker.

And boy, did he respond!
jasonT1981 wrote:
Do you not feel me going after BM is scum hunting? Yes, while I admit I am trying to preserve myself in the game (anyone who has been declaired lynch of today would be in this situation) why do you feel the need to answer for BM, seems like coaching to me no?

And do you really believe that me defending myself (as you say, self preservation) is reason to vote me? Your vote seems very opertunistic to me

HOS: Hito
Well, you answer that. You were voting BM because he was attacking you, and then I voted you and now you're voting me. Is it really scum hunting when the criterion for scum is 'voting me'? ;)

And I'll admit that the warrant is the more subjective part of my case - that paranoia and attacking your attackers are scumtells. However, I think the depth of reaction is what speaks the most in this situation. Scum can be 'found out', but townies can't. So who would be afraid - frightfully afraid - of someone proclaiming certain doom on them at L-5, L-4? The only alternative is that you attack everyone who votes you, all of the time, regardless of alignment, and that in itself is pretty anti-town.

Also, me coaching BM? Because I am such a jaded mafiascum veteran compared to him? Get out of ****ing town. What I said was:
hito wrote: I think the point none of you are getting is if someone (mostly BM that's doing this) casts the first or second vote, it is meaningless except for bandwagon potential, and a vote without rationale, and ergo, without bandwagon potential, is basicially nothing more than a little statement of intent. People reacting to BM's unjustified votes by voting him are missing the entire point - an early vote is ONLY AS STRONG AS IT'S JUSTIFICATION, and so, if there's an incredibly weak vote on you, and you respond with disproportionate force, you're showing that you're a paranoid sort. Now whether or not paranoia is a scum tell is a different question, but I think it's at least a slight one.
That is not coaching in any way. That's explaining why voting someone because they put down an unjustified vote on you when there is no bandwagon and a low vote count is by and large a fallacy. Y'know, that thing you did to BM and then to me.

Jason wrote:this is another example of BM trying to lead the game in his direction, declaring lynches, claiming three is no point in talking to those who don't agree with him' these are all examples of why my vote is where it is at right now.
And yet I did none of those things. Hmm, it's almost as if there's some
other
reason you vote people...
You also say scum like to justify there votes with reasons? Hmmm, I think voting without reasoning is more scummier. But thats just me. But then again, you then try to justify your vote as putting me at L-4 aas not putting me in lynch range, so you then are making yourself guilty of being scum are you not? At least according to your own theories?
You're misinterpreting - I was going to modify that with "deliberately", but with your medication I'll give the benefit of the doubt - the meaning of justify. As I said extremely clearly in the mentioned post, scum like to justify their votes with reasons
for the purpose of forming a bandwagon
. I mentioned the fact that you're at L-4 because it, in conjunction with my lack of a call to arms, showed explicitly that
my vote was not placed on you to form a bandwagon.
Complete opposite concepts, and to link them by poorly defining the word "justify" is kind of asinine.

And could you please tell me why a vote without rationale is "more scummier"? I have posted my reasons why I believe it is a null tell.
@ hitogoroshi re post 789. what is the difference between lurking and not posting? You where following the thread but didnt feel there was enough to contribute? There is plenty that has been discussed, you are going up further in my scum list right now.
I don't have anything say but that I disagree. And that plenty being discussed doesn't mean equally plenty for all players!
Right now Hito has leapt up my scum-list and is sticking out like a sore thumb to me. BM, I am still thinking could be very likely scum, but it is his general cockiness of people should do as I say, and declaring people as today's lynch has me thinking that. Hito has been darn right scummy as of late.

unvote: BM
Vote: Hito
"As of late" being when I voted for you, I assume? Or is it because there was a 3-day span where I didn't post?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Haylen »

Im sorry Jason but pig flu with asthma and other problems isnt a very good combination and i am currently feeling like crap. I will try and make a post without puking though...but it looks like that aint gonna happen...

I think BM is scum ans CSL replacement as I said before. Really not up to explaining why right now...

The person who said I am an active lurker is a liar, because when I am ill during a game, I am well known to ease myself back into posting by posting in GD and non-game places first, before moving up to real games.

All I can manage.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”