Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I was self-voting because it was pretty obvious the town wasn't going to move anywhere, and I was going to end the day since the town wasn't doing so.
This is not pro-town. Please do not do this ever.

I understand the frustration, but that is never what you should do.
You live, you learn.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Starbuck (5) - MonkeyMan576, YankCane151, Gorrad, StrangerCoug, Jazzmyn
Gorrad (2) - kmd4390, Brandi
Jazzmyn (1) - Starbuck
MonkeyMan576 (1) - semioldguy
chamber (1) - Neopi

Not Voting (2) - Crazy, chamber

Prods when I get back from the doctor
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Crazy wrote:
Starbuck wrote:After Monkey claims, Crazy immediately unvotes Monkey and votes me. He then immediately unvotes me after I claim. Let's take a look at this post
Yup. I'm not lynching a claimed watcher Day 1. And I'm not lynching someone with a claim as good as yours.
It was a good claim? How hard is it to claim vanilla? *insert disney character here*, I'm a Vanilla Townie. How is it a good claim?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

If anything, I would think Buzz would NOT be a candidate for a vanilla.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Starbuck wrote: So you are now answering for him.
The reason that answering for others is scummy is because it takes pressure off of them. In this case, I seriously doubt Crazy is going to come in and say, "Yeah, I slipped. Thanks for having my back Monkey."
Starbuck wrote: This post bothers me in the fact that SC has been defending me a good part of today, and then just turns around and votes me with no reasoning whatsoever.
If you are town, I'll agree.
Crazy wrote: You didn't complain about that when I used a flavor argument to defend your lynch in the first game.
I complained that flavor was even being used as a reason for anything. Seriously, I was lynched for not knowing was a Bolt was.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Brandi prodded
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Crazy »

Yank wrote:It was a good claim? How hard is it to claim vanilla? *insert disney character here*, I'm a Vanilla Townie. How is it a good claim?
Buzz Lightyear thinks he's this great, awesome, Space Ranger, but in reality he's just a toy.

Hence, he has no real ability. Ta-da.

And yeah, if someone came in and claimed "Hercules - Vanilla Townie," then no, I wouldn't say that was a good claim.
Monkey wrote:If anything, I would think Buzz would NOT be a candidate for a vanilla.
That just shows that the mod is being smart and goes for something that isn't your immediate hunch, but makes sense once you think about it.
Kmd wrote:I complained that flavor was even being used as a reason for anything. Seriously, I was lynched for not knowing was a Bolt was.
I personally thought it was odd that you'd never heard of Bolt, and thought that you might have been hiding the fact that you could make up a good fakeclaim. But in the end, I didn't go along with that.

But seriously, look at all the roles from the last game. They are AWESOME!

Saying Starbuck is scum is saying that she...

1. Claimed Vanilla as scum, which is a very risky gambit.
2. Claimed perfectly matching flavor and ability.

No offense intended, but I think that might be giving her a little too much credit.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:If anything, I would think Buzz would NOT be a candidate for a vanilla.
Didn't I just tell Crazy it's too early to speculate on what name could be what role? We have absolutely nothing solid.
Crazy wrote:Saying Starbuck is scum is saying that she...

1. Claimed Vanilla as scum, which is a very risky gambit.
Faking vanilla is a very risky gambit? While the site meta is that claiming vanilla signs your death warrant if you're close to a lynch, I think there are
MUCH
more riskier roles to fakeclaim than that.

(This from the person who'd rather fake a power role than VT...)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 am

Post by semioldguy »

Got back from the hospital last night, caught up in my other games first. Seems like a few pages have gone by here and the votecount on this page suggests a lot has happened. Will be back later tonight or tomorrow morning to read what I've missed.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Brandi »

Prod received, sorry >< Will respond to issues ASAP. (Was actually planning on posting sometime tonight)
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Crazy »

SC wrote:Didn't I just tell Crazy it's too early to speculate on what name could be what role? We have absolutely nothing solid.
Have you looked at the roles from the last game, dude?

Bolt - Vanilla Townie
-Bolt is a TV superhero that believes he has powers but really doesn't.

Violet - Cop
-Violet has the power to turn invisible, which would make a very good cop.

Kenai - Jailkeeper
-A man that turned into a bear and who ends up taking care of a young bear cub.

Kronk - Vanilla Townie
-He appears strong, but he's pretty dumb, so he doesn't end up helping do anything in the film.

Diego - Vigilante
-Diego is totally a rebel, all the way.

Lightning McQueen - Bus Driver
-He is a car, and he drives pretty fast. XD

Stitch - Traitor
-He appears as a dog to Lilo, but all he really likes to do is cause destruction.

Remy - Weak Tracker
-Still don't quite get this, although Remy
is
a rat.

RJ - Theif
-One of the most obvious; he's a raccoon that's stealing a collection of food to ward off a hungry bear.

Po - Vanilla Townie
-Po is very incapable compared to the rest of the martial arts characters.

Dory - Vanilla Townie
-Has short-term memory loss and she never really initiated anything by herself.

Morph - Some kind of redirector or something
-I'm actually not familiar with Treasure Planet, but the character and role both involves morphing.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Crazy wrote:And yeah, if someone came in and claimed "Hercules - Vanilla Townie," then no, I wouldn't say that was a good claim.
Hercules pre-training could be considered vanilla. Or after his powers have been sapped. Or hey, you could just say that his muscles can't be used here.

I'd frankly believe Herc-vanilla over Buzz-vanilla.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by semioldguy »

First instinct is that MonkeyMan’s role is more useful as a scum role. As a town role it makes little sense as the odds are strongly against scum lynches on day one. But if scum get behind it can help them try to catch back up by finding a town power role. I find it strange you refuse to give flavor. The last game when someone said the line “it should be obvious…” about their role it ended up coming from the mouth of a scum role. Assume it isn’t obvious and humor us anyway. If it’s really that obvious it can’t hurt to say it.

At this point people are switching to chamber rather quickly, which I do not agree with. (as I kept reading it also seemed to fade quickly) I don’t find him particularly scummy nor do I agree with the reasons people are using when placing their votes on him.

@Starbuck
Asking questions is only pro-town if you are able to do something with the answers. Otherwise it just gives of the appearance of being helpful without really doing much.

@MonkeyMan
The speculation that Pixar characters are scum is just that: speculation. It is distracting and won’t get us anywhere in terms of scumhunting. Lynching Starbuck gives no info on the scum role make-up (specifically since you separate this from the potential Starbuck-Crazy scumpair theory)

Regarding this supposed “slip”… why the heck would Starbuck point out a slip that condemns herself to be lynched? Anyone who didn't agree with the wagon on MonkeyMan for his poor play is seriously hypcritical for voting Stabuck based on her poor play.

Starbuck’s claim is more believable to me for her being town than MonkeyMan’s claim. Buzz Lightyear is an amazing vanilla candidate. He’s a TOY. He thinks he can fly but he can’t, he only falls with style. His laser is a little, harmless flashing light.

StrangerCoug is becoming suspicious to me, and maybe you’ll just be one of those players who I always find suspicious, but I really don’t understand your strong town read on me earlier. No one else had a town read on me then, and if I’m being perfectly honest, I would have a somewhere in the neutral read on myself.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote: @MonkeyMan
The speculation that Pixar characters are scum is just that: speculation. It is distracting and won’t get us anywhere in terms of scumhunting. Lynching Starbuck gives no info on the scum role make-up (specifically since you separate this from the potential Starbuck-Crazy scumpair theory)

Regarding this supposed “slip”… why the heck would Starbuck point out a slip that condemns herself to be lynched?
WIFOM, much? I don't know what Starbuck's mindset is. It doesn't make her play less scummy.

semioldguy wrote: Anyone who didn't agree with the wagon on MonkeyMan for his poor play is seriously hypcritical for voting Stabuck based on her poor play.
That's based on your opinion that my play has been poor, which I disagree with.
semioldguy wrote:Starbuck’s claim is more believable to me for her being town than MonkeyMan’s claim. Buzz Lightyear is an amazing vanilla candidate. He’s a TOY. He thinks he can fly but he can’t, he only falls with style. His laser is a little, harmless flashing light.
Even if he's a toy, he's still heroic. He saved Woody. And just because he's a toy and doesn't have "real powers", doesn't make him vanilla.
semioldguy wrote:StrangerCoug is becoming suspicious to me, and maybe you’ll just be one of those players who I always find suspicious, but I really don’t understand your strong town read on me earlier. No one else had a town read on me then, and if I’m being perfectly honest,
I would have a somewhere in the neutral read on myself.
Are you admitting to not playing pro-town? :?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Scumlist:

Fuzzylightning
- Late to the first two wagons before later requesing replacement. Had some strange responses in the thread, many of his posts contain nothing useful. Generally keeping to the background. Overreated to the single vote placed upon him. His Unvote in ISO 13 was strange/scummy as well.

StrangerCoug
- Has been on all three wagon so far, and mostly just following on the coattails of others. Partially gut feeling here and also uneasy that he got such a strong own read on me, feels like I was being buddied (since it seemed to wok against me last game).

Jazzmyn
- Lots of lurking, has also been present on all wagons (though arguabl not actually a part of the MonkeyMan wagon). When chamber's wagon sways, she comes in with a rather opportunistic vote on Starbuck with not much else to add.

Neutral:

MonkeyMan
- I'm still not sure I believe your claim to be town. I still find you scummy. You essentially claimed the closest thing possible to vanilla and I don't know why everyon think that should save you. Also don't like this claim because if you are town and we lynch town today you are a really easy mislynch tomorrow and two mislynches to start he game is not where I want to be. Leaning scum on you still.

Brandi
- I disagree with a lot of your game assessments, but nothing sticks out as overtly scummy. Neutral leaning possible scum here

Crazy
- No solid read here.

YankCane151
- Needs to post more, but nothing bad so far.

Gorrad
- Nothing too out of the usual from here. But nothing that points to town either.

Town:

Starbuck
Chamber
Kmd4390
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by semioldguy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: WIFOM, much? I don't know what Starbuck's mindset is. It doesn't make her play less scummy.
Which is why I think it's pointless to discuss and is distracting. I don't know what our mindset is, and it doesn't mke your play less scummy, especially when you've refused to answer questions about your play all game.
MonkeyMan576 wrote: That's based on your opinion that my play has been poor, which I disagree with.
You self-admittdly have made poor play decisions this game. Unless you've had a change of heart and think your hissy-fit and rage-quit until being prodded was good play.
MonkeyMan576 wrote: Even if he's a toy, he's still heroic. He saved Woody. And just because he's a toy and doesn't have "real powers", doesn't make him vanilla.
Not having real power does make someone vanilla, and if you've actually watched Disney movies most of the characters can be considered heroic and thy don't need special powers to be heroic. Case in point: Bolt from last game. He is heroic in the movie. He does not have special powers. He was a vanilla role.
MonkeyMan576 wrote: Are you admitting to not playing pro-town? :?
I am admitting to not yet being involved or posting enough in this game for someone to get such a strong town read on me. I am giving an honest opinion of myself so far this game.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote: Even if he's a toy, he's still heroic. He saved Woody. And just because he's a toy and doesn't have "real powers", doesn't make him vanilla.
Not having real power does make someone vanilla, and if you've actually watched Disney movies most of the characters can be considered heroic and thy don't need special powers to be heroic. Case in point: Bolt from last game. He is heroic in the movie. He does not have special powers. He was a vanilla role.
I have a 3 yr old son, I'm sure I've watched more disney movies than you have.

I see your point with Bolt, but it doesn't cancel out Starbuck's scummy play. And I don't think my early game stragegy was poor, it was Starbuck who said that. It did what it intended to, shake things up and allowed players to see things in different ways. Starbuck was tunneling me, the other players weren't seeing my logic, and I stand by my play.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by semioldguy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I have a 3 yr old son, I'm sure I've watched more disney movies than you have.
This is of course off topic, but I think I have you beat on this. I own every single full length feature animated disney movie, including old obscue ones like
Melody Time
and
The Three Caballeros
, and have watched multiple Disney movies literally every week for the past twenty years. My favorite movie of all time being
Beauty and the Beast
which I have seen over 100 times and can recite by heart. I await the day to meet my Disney-rival. While other people during highschool did things like videogames, I watched Disney Movies in my free time. If have a passion, it is Disney. You can see it plastered on my wall, my bookshelves, multitudes of souvnirs and trinkets, I admittedly have an unhealthy love for Disney.

..and my friends make fun of me all the time for this. :P
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Crazy »

^That's awesome.

Unfortunately, I can't beat you there.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Gorrad »

While I cannot beat Semioldguy, I will point out that my friends and I are fanatics about Kingdom Hearts. The result? We /ALSO/ watch far to much Disney for our own good. I can recite at least one song from almost every movie, and that does include The Three Caballeros, and make a point to not only know each story inside and out but also create backstories for the characters AND histories for them should they be in the Kingdom Hearts universe. My friends and I have been known to break into random roleplaying sessions based on this, including (but not limited to) Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, and Bolt.

I've also created a 78 world list of all possible worlds in the Kingdom Hearts universe.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

semioldguy wrote:
Town:

Kmd4390
semioldguy wrote: I am admitting to not yet being involved or posting enough in this game for someone to get such a strong town read on me. I am giving an honest opinion of myself so far this game.
:?

------------------

While we are discussing Disney, I've seen a few of the movies. None of the three that Semi mentions though, and I'm not sure I could possibly remember anything from the ones I
have
seen, except maybe Finding Nemo.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 am

Post by semioldguy »

We've played as scum together, Kmd; and the last Disney game we played you were town. Even though you have not been extremely active this game, my recent previous plays with you has me thinking you are town (or rather not scum, which leaves town).
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Neopi »

/confirm replacement

hallo replacement guy here!

Im going to read over now
pie for all and all for pie!
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Neopi »

i agree with all of the star buck case and with that

Vote: Starbuck
pie for all and all for pie!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Well I'm at L-1 and I already claimed.

I do think that Neopi is full of crap though. Why not come up with your own case?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”