Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Chaco »

Proxy votes? Lol. I actually think the best play is to go ahead and lynch Saber.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Looker »

I think Saber's play would be to go ahead and unvote me...I'm just sayin'...
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Looker »

EBWOP: ...Saber's
best
play...
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Amished »

Yeah, well, I'm already voting him Chaco..
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Amished wrote:1 problem, Shotty didn't random vote Chaco back. Why is Chaco + Shotty any more likely than Saber (who also voted for Chaco)? Motivations in the RVS are generally considered extremely weak as certain people (forb, myself, *plenty* of others) always do the same thing in every game regardless of alignment.

Currently it looks like we have 5 people on Saber/Doom combined, for very similar reasons.

To the other 4 (forb, kiku, shotty, and chaco): would you consider voting the other if necessary? Is your current vote the one you think will produce the most information with a scumflip?
I'll be honest here, I don't think I've even mentioned Chaco at all except for thanking him because he thinks my name is cool. If you want to comment on the lack of connections I could see it, but I don't see where Looker is going with this. If you want to meta my RVS feel free, but I usually pick someone I've played with before and if that isn't possible then I'll pick something else that strikes my fancy.

I'll be honest I'd prefer to lynch Saber, especially if he's replacing out like that. It's a waste of someone else's time to come into a position that far in the hole. The replacement can't answer for Saber and it's just a liability later on with all the latent suspicion. Doom has been far more contributive and his views have been respondent to people's behaviors. If Saber flips scum then I'd want to take another look at him, but beyond a few bad gut feelings and a couple posts I didn't really like I would want more info before pursuing that lynch.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Looker »

@Netopalis: Whattaya think?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Amished »

That's the point I was trying to make, shotty. You and Chaco doesn't make any sense, so I was trying to make Looker see that and get to something that's actually worthwhile. Dabbling in dead ends is anti-town, and if Looker continues, I will modify my read on him? to scum and vote accordingly.

I agree with your position on Saber's lynch, btw.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, Saber is the play today.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

I find Doom a bit scummier, but it may be because we lynched saber in the newbie forum for similar behavior. However, meta does not a good defense make, so I am fine with lynching the slot.
Shotty wrote:I'll be honest I'd prefer to lynch Saber, especially if he's replacing out like that. It's a waste of someone else's time to come into a position that far in the hole. The replacement can't answer for Saber and it's just a liability later on with all the latent suspicion.
^^ Agreed here.
Shotty wrote:Doom has been far more contributive and his views have been respondent to people's behaviors.
^^ Not here.

Unvote, Vote: Saber
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Looker »

Amished's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1908700#1908700]Post 381[/url] wrote:That's the point I was trying to make, shotty. You and Chaco doesn't make any sense, so I was trying to make Looker see that and get to something that's actually worthwhile. Dabbling in dead ends is anti-town, and if Looker continues, I will modify my read on him? to scum and vote accordingly.

I agree with your position on Saber's lynch, btw.
:? Well never mind then. I'll skip Chaco and Shotty's iso-reads and go straight to Saber's.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Kairyuu »

fuzzylightning and Archon are being prodded
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:@those not voting (Netopalis, fuzzylightning, Doombunny9, Konowa, Looker) What are your exact opinions on *both* Doombunny and Saber?
I think you know what I'm going to say about myself. As for saber I've already said so you can just reread but I'll summerize for you. saber from my point of veiw has been joking around and not contributing to the town until pressure was on him. I am willing to pass this off for fail-town though and I would be fine with a saber lynch. There are some other people I would prefer to lynch more though such as Looker.

So what, sabers seems like the lynch today and everyones on him. He's also getting replaced. If we do decide to lynch him instead of getting a replacement I would be fine to hammer but otherwise I will keep my vote off.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Chaco »

I believe we did decide to lynch instead of getting a replacement Doom.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Amished »

@Looker: Do you see why I said Shotty and Chaco don't make sense? In any case, I'd like to see you pick out one other person (besides Saber/Doom, as they've gotten a lot of scrutiny lately) and ask them a question to try to figure out their motivations for anything in the game.

I'll give you a hint to my first question: look at the acronym RVS.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Amished »

Normally I would like a claim (if Saber was still around); but I don't think anything the/a replacement says would make us believe him as he'd look like he'd be trying to just save his own ass with a PR, or vanilla which wouldn't stop anybody from voting.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Chaco »

Here's me thoughts on the deal, Saber took a dive of activity once everyone started scrutinizing him and then a day or so later he decided to replace out. We'll be getting nothing from the replacement but "Don't kill me I'm [insert role claim]!". Because he will not know Saber's motives, and we are already so close to a lynch on him. I believe the best play we can do is just lynch Saber and see where that takes us.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Unvote

Not without a claim.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Amished »

Is it going to sway your vote? We already have a claimed 1 shot vig? Do you want WIFOM and potential outing of another power role?

No, my name is not "Ed."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Long story short I'm technically not supposed to be online right now. This may change tonight but for the time being I'm technically cheating. Living with unreasonable parents, etc.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

kikuchiyo wrote:I find Doom a bit scummier, but it may be because we lynched saber in the newbie forum for similar behavior. However, meta does not a good defense make, so I am fine with lynching the slot.
Shotty wrote:I'll be honest I'd prefer to lynch Saber, especially if he's replacing out like that. It's a waste of someone else's time to come into a position that far in the hole. The replacement can't answer for Saber and it's just a liability later on with all the latent suspicion.
^^ Agreed here.
Shotty wrote:Doom has been far more contributive and his views have been respondent to people's behaviors.
^^ Not here.

Unvote, Vote: Saber
kikuchiyo wrote:
Unvote

Not without a claim.
You didn't think of that when you agreed with what I said there? We can't get a claim without a replacement and you said we should lynch rather then replace.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Chaco »

Yep, and also, getting the replacement will be a mess of mucky WIFOM.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Konowa »

Back and catching up now.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:04 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

I didn't even think of the claim when I agreed. I guess I do want a replacement then. Though I hate for them to read the entire thread and be lynched. That has happened to me and it sucks. Perhaps we could have the replacement roleclaim before reading? Not sure if the mod can send out such a request. The thought of no claim just doesn't sit well the more that I think on it. Honestly, the game of mafia is all "messy wifom", but I would hate to lose a power role because we are impatient. I didn't really weigh the ramifications here. Sorry, but I'm not getting back on the wagon without some resolution here.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Konowa »

Posting what caught my eye. I am also making this a short post due to what has happened.

My opinion on saber is neutral/leaning scum thus far, but I am more than willing to lynch the slot rather than deal with replacement WIFOM. Reason I am not entirely sold on him being scum is because I just finished a game with him, insert link here, where he played the same sort of awfulness.

vote saber

Going back now and seeing what I did not catch in my skim.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Konowa »

I fail.

Here is the link to the game I was talking about.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”