The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD answered me.

There are 'physical' abilities, which concern material things (example provided was a weapon).
There are 'active' actions, which relate to powers.
And (which is different to the first bit of info I received, but then again the first info wasn't provided as an exclusive list) there is also an 'other' category for different abilities.

Following that, Spyrex's power strikes me as either falling into either 'physical' or 'other'. In which case, what kiddy fiddler says makes sense.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:56 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

What
I
said always made sense - the question was what
Spyrex
said. :P
I'm old now.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:32 am

Post by milkshake »

Milkshake, do you get a result, like success or failure for curing insane cops?
That was the first thing I asked CKD when I got my PM. He said no. However, presumably the cured cop (assuming that curing cops is part of what I do) would know that they were cured. (At the very least, if they wanted to they could know by investigating a confirmed person or investigating someone twice.)
I agree that it's possible everything is fine, the non-ER role and the lack of 'type' is genuine and he's town, but I'm not convinced. What I AM convinced of is SB's reasoning for thinking Spy is scum (and subsequent vote of someone else) is rubbish. More 1-shot ability claiming and SB votes imho.
QFT... My position precisely (put more succintly). I also think SB's behavior regarding her 1-shot ability is scummy. She also has the fact that she was (presumably) targetted by SpyreX, but not harmed working against her, although there are many possible explanations for that.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SpyreX wrote:I have a list of potions. The majority are colors - there are a few that are descriptive without being colors (although even in that subset there are colors mentioned).

Note I'm trying to make damn sure I dont get modkilled so thats why I'm not simply giving said list.
Why would you get modkilled? As long as you don't quote anything, you should be alright. It's not that I want you to claim, it's that it's frustrating to see how you can use such a lame excuse to avoid a claim and yet you are all over me for not claiming.

Ok, you want me to claim, I have a one-shot cop ability. There, happy? It was not the point of hiding the ability, but the eagerness of some of you to make me claim.

I still believe Spy is scummy. Probably third-party, but at least not town. (You really believe that claim? He even forget to put the type of ability line, which makes me think there's something fishy in there). And I also believe DGB is scummy. Even more than Spy. You can lynch me if you want. Truth be told, I never expected to live much with my role. But at least, pay attention to those two. I know there's something fishy in there.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:51 am

Post by milkshake »

Uh-oh, I think Vollkan is lying now...
Sample PM wrote:Name: The Mod
Power Type: Active, Passive, Special, or...???
Alignment: With the Council, With the Converters, or….????
Flavor: Blah blah blah, I’m a dirty tramp
Power: Kick Ass
Win Condition: “You win when all who oppose The Council are eliminated.”, “You win when there is no way for the followers of the Council can win.”, or….???
Vollkan wrote:There are 'physical' abilities, which concern material things (example provided was a weapon).
And (which is different to the first bit of info I received, but then again the first info wasn't provided as an exclusive list) there is also an 'other' category for different abilities.
He's telling you stuff that he wouldn't tell us? There is both "special" and "other?"

I don't usually believe that scum make obvious mistakes. But this...?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 am

Post by dramonic »

Milkshake, I think what Volkann is refering to is a variation between active and seemingly active that are called physical. You're just desperate to hit something here.

SB, are you sure of the sanity of your investigation? The potion WAS black after all :S

vollkan wrote:Gasp! All the town names so far have odd numbers of syllables whereas "The Al-chem-ist" has an even number. Spyrex is soooo scum!
Is someone suffering fro dyscalculia? :lol:
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:15 am

Post by vollkan »

milkshake wrote:Uh-oh, I think Vollkan is lying now...
Sample PM wrote:Name: The Mod
Power Type: Active, Passive, Special, or...???
Alignment: With the Council, With the Converters, or….????
Flavor: Blah blah blah, I’m a dirty tramp
Power: Kick Ass
Win Condition: “You win when all who oppose The Council are eliminated.”, “You win when there is no way for the followers of the Council can win.”, or….???
Vollkan wrote:There are 'physical' abilities, which concern material things (example provided was a weapon).
He's telling you stuff that he wouldn't tell us? There is both "special" and "other?"

I don't usually believe that scum make obvious mistakes. But this...?
Three points in reply:

1. What you quoted that the mod provided on page 1 was a sample role PM. That's inherently different from what I am talking about which relates to the nature of abilities.

2. As for why I would be receiving this information, as I already said, I asked a question and this is related to my role.

3. If you don't believe me, simply ask the mod what the difference is between a 'physical' and an 'active' ability.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:31 am

Post by milkshake »

Yeah- I was just reading you in ISO, too, and looking back over your posts, I also see that you have been defending SpyreX alot... so you wouldn't really manufacture evidence to incriminate him, probably. :P But I didn't think that the mod would privately reveal information to people without also revealing it to everyone- I can see why he would help you out in the context of your role, though.
Milkshake, I think what Volkann is refering to is a variation between active and seemingly active that are called physical. You're just desperate to hit something here.
Annoying accusasion of desperation aside, does this mean that SpyreX's ability should be classified as physical?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:44 am

Post by dramonic »

Well, if potions can qualify as weapon and I think they can, I don't see why not.

SC's ability absorbs a power. Brewing potions isn't a power, which would explain the failure. However this is the Dark Goma, there has to be something else.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Unvote
Vote: snow_bunny

wagon rawr
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Benmage »

vollkan wrote: This is just stupid flavour tunneling.
I disagree...sorry if you dislike my reasoning.
vollkan wrote:
Benmage wrote:
SpyreX wrote:...

Mine does not have that line specifically. However, it does reference the word Special.
Wow, vote him already.
This makes no sense. The word Special or something like it would make sense; we don't know what the full set of ability categories are.
vollkan wrote:says theres nothing there. Than he comes back and says something about it referencing 'Special'....not buying it
vollkan wrote: So yeah, great explanation.
I thought so.
vollkan wrote: What you are doing here is akin to acting under confirmation bias. Nothing in the names evidences Spyrex being scum, and yet you are latching onto any difference between Spyrex's name and the
four
town names we have seen so far in order to justify
your ridiculous attack on him.
Oh, I didnt know I was even attacking him. I was just not believing what he said and voting him...but I guess that is ridiculous. I like how there are other votes on him equally as bad as me by your standards and yet you tunnel me....very interesting.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Wow shoulda clicked preview thats ugly as fuck.

Mod can you fix?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Benmage »

milkshake wrote:
Milkshake, do you get a result, like success or failure for curing insane cops?
That was the first thing I asked CKD when I got my PM. He said no. However, presumably the cured cop (assuming that curing cops is part of what I do) would know that they were cured. (At the very least, if they wanted to they could know by investigating a confirmed person or investigating someone twice.)
Yeah dont reveal who you attempt to cure anymore.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Unvote

wagon rawr[/quote]

Dear Vigs/Bombs/Sks/Whatever

Please take care of this. TIA.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

There is no reference to The Giver in my PM
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:There is no reference to The Giver in my PM

SC
is there any mention of the Giver in your PM?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Benmage »

[quote="Papa Zito"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Unvote

wagon rawr[/quote]

Dear Vigs/Bombs/Sks/Whatever

Please take care of this. TIA.[/quote]

Iso him. Its hilarious. Than notice Vollkan tunnel me. :shock:
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Scope will have to go the way of the dodo. However, THIS knot provides more long term gain.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Papa Zito wrote:So what we have here is a 3rd party vs. scum. This is fantastic.
SerialClergyman wrote:...more likely a third party.
SerialClergyman wrote:I agree third party seems likely.
Snow_Bunny wrote:Probably third-party.
Just years of experience speaking here.

Question: You know who jumps up and down and screams "THIRD PARTY" especially when their kill fails?

Answer: Scum.

Just saying. That's what I've observed over and over.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Papa Zito »

You disagree with my reasoning, DGB?
Kappa
Just Monika
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:43 am

Post by dramonic »

I like the new Avi

I also find funny that SB just echoes with a delay the third party call.
I'm a hoot
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 am

Post by milkshake »

You disagree with my reasoning, DGB?
Yours, SC's, and SB's from the looks of it... but probably mostly SB?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 am

I'm not sure I get the reasoning, but from my vantage point, scum is scum. Know what I mean?

Only scum care about the alleged machinations of putative third parties. Also, scum is in the very best position to recognize the existence of a third party, being themselves a "second" party.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:51 am

Why don't you explain the reasoning more fully, PZ?

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Papa Zito »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not sure I get the reasoning, but from my vantage point, scum is scum. Know what I mean?
Truescum (patent pending) are inherently more dangerous than 3rd parties. So if I get to choose, which I think I do in the SpyreX/Bunny tandem, I'll go with truescum (patent pending) every time.
DrippingGoofball wrote:[1]Only scum care about the alleged machinations of putative third parties. [2]Also, scum is in the very best position to recognize the existence of a third party, being themselves a "second" party.
1. ? Why wouldn't town care? E.g.: SKs
2. ??? Truescum (patent pending) can't tell the difference between town and 3rd party.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Why don't you explain the reasoning more fully, PZ?
Okie dokie.

1. The townies we've flipped, and the townies who've claimed, all have inherent powers, which matches the theme of the game - being born near the Dark Goma grants powers. SpyreX looks like he was born outside the city walls and has to manufacture powers through these potions.
2. SpyreX's role PM lacks the Type line that the sample townie PM and my PM have.
3. SpyreX's role PM lacks any mention of the Giver.
4. SpyreX has claimed that his role doesn't care about the Giver/War at all.
5. SpyreX's claimed role name lacks the -xr ending. Again, I'm giving credence to this theory until I see something that contradicts it.

These things add up to 3rd party (prolly survivor) to me.

Now, then, to Snow_Bunny.

1. Snow_Bunny claims miller Day 1. This is a veteran move but Snow_Bunny is no veteran.
2. Snow_Bunny requests cops to investigate her to "test their sanity."
3. SpyreX attempted to target her and became Born Again SpyreX. I think SB set a trap.
4. Snow_Bunny claims to have received a 1-shot cop ability but refuses to acknowledge that it came from SpyreX.
5. Further, she votes him.
6. Her scumhunting has been of the incredibly nit-picky active lurking variety. The vast majority of her posts just answer questions.

The reason I think she's more scum than 3rd-party is point 1. I think she was coached to claim miller.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”