Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 am

Post by hiphop »

@charlatan- Let's review. I posted this;
hiphop wrote:
charlatan wrote:
Minor FoS: CooLDoG
for piling on, but I don't think early-game bandwagons are necessarily a bad thing.
Why the FOS than?
You come back and say this:
charlatan wrote:It was too early to tell if this bandwagon was a bad one. Right now I don't think it is.
So how can you say that bw was scummy if you also say that the bw wasn't a bad one.

You cannot say sposh or your vote (which basically had the same reason has Sposh. I will call it as you define: piling on.) was good because you guys voted for someone because they had not asked a question, when Messiah had asked a question that hadn't been answered. A vote always helps a question be answered. more quickly.

@Sposh Why I am voting for him? Gut feeling at the moment.

fos CooLDoG
His lastest post seems to me to be role fishing.

@AlmasterGM- what do you think of Empking?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Peabody »

I know there are a lot of questions for me.

Like I said, I'm really sorry. will post tomorrow morning.

I promise. Fo sho.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hiphop wrote:@AlmasterGM- what do you think of Empking?
Meh. Why?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 am

Post by milkshake »

hiphop, while I agree that CooLDoG might be scummy, his post was thus:
So I would see no harm in leting hoopala tell us what info she has, not her role just what info she has.
Basically what he's saying is "I'm not rolefishing!" CooLDoG would avoid "rolefishing" to a fault. (Go buzzwords.)

He's right about one thing though. Hoopla shouldn't just leave us hanging! No one seems to have the guts to hammer, and scum aren't doing it (because they either don't want to lynch their scumbuddy, or don't want to get cought hammering town.)

Basically, if her info says "Messiah is scum" we can lynch him, and then if he's not scum, we can rebound-lynch Hoopla. (And 1 for 1 is great for town... so we can assume that Hoopla would not give false "Messiah is scum" information.)

If it says something more ambiguous (which is likely), we can still take action, or, at the very least, just move on!
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Messiah »

@Sposh: Stop ignoring my questions.

@AlmasterGM: I won't be claiming unless there's more requests for me to do so; mainly due to the fact that most of my wagon is based on some "information" that either doesn't exist or isn't as conclusive as Hoopla seems to be implying.
charlatan wrote:Hoopla's "code" isn't the reason the bandwagon is there at all. It's a contributing factor, but Sposh and I both voted before Hoopla, for reasons stated in the thread.
I've been put at L-1 and asked to claim because of Hoopla's code. Your and Sposh's "case" certainly weren't the driving factor. Neither of you have given convincing reasons as to why I would be a good lynch, even to the point of some parts of your cases being completely untrue and/or nonsensical.
It's times like this..
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Sposh »

So, hiphop, you're still voting on a gut feeling eight pages in?

Unvote, Vote: hiphop

How about some more content behind that vote, hm?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Interesting. So hoopla is claiming a daytime role. I'm going to focus on this, since it has the most information.
So, if we lynch messiah, and he flips town, we know that hoopla is scum. (good for us)
If we lynch messiah, and messiah is scum, then hoopla has a power role or he is scum who is trying to earn our trust. In the end, to me, a messiah lynch seems to be good for us, if for nothing more than info on hoopla.
Are there any flaws with my plan/logic?
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:02 am

Post by milkshake »

Interesting. So hoopla is claiming a daytime role. I'm going to focus on this, since it has the most information.
So, if we lynch messiah, and he flips town, we know that hoopla is scum. (good for us)
If we lynch messiah, and messiah is scum, then hoopla has a power role or he is scum who is trying to earn our trust. In the end, to me, a messiah lynch seems to be good for us, if for nothing more than info on hoopla.
Are there any flaws with my plan/logic?
Yep, that's precisely what I said, actually... assuming we get something amounting to a guilty verdict on Messiah from Hooplah (which is a fairly big assumption).

We should make sure we actually get something "solid" from Hoopla, first, though. That way we won't be slapped by "Oh... my day time role is I'm a treestump and my encoded post was gibberish. Sorry about that." ;)
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Messiah »

I'm getting tired of Sposh ignoring me, let's try bold.

@Sposh:
I have two questions I want you to answer. Ignoring me will not make me forget about them.

1.) You've accused my vote on milkshake of being a double-standard. How is that so?

2.) It's been two pages since you declared how great of a lynch I am. Has that changed? If so, why? If not, why are you not voting me?
It's times like this..
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am

Post by hiphop »

@Almaster-give me your opinion first. I will explain after you comment. If the info is role related, will it not that reveal her role.
milkshake wrote:Basically, if her info says "Messiah is scum" we can lynch him, and then if he's not scum, we can rebound-lynch Hoopla. (And 1 for 1 is great for town... so we can assume that Hoopla would not give false "Messiah is scum" information.)
Do not set up for tomorrow, and did you not read post 158?

@messiah- L-1, is L-1, no matter how you look at it. Hoopla give us the information, and you might not be around. It is you choice. However you are at L-3 right now, so no pressure.

@Sposh Fact: There is no fact concerning who is what unless a PR says so. Even than there is no guarenteed unless a cop. And that is ony if he is sane, and there is no miller. So the only thing I can go off of on day one is my gut on what people wrote. And right now he seemed to agree with bw yet setups so he can vote or unvote them at the moments notice. Scummy indeed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hiphop wrote:@Almaster-give me your opinion first. I will explain after you comment. If the info is role related, will it not that reveal her role.
AlmasterGM wrote:Meh.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

I agree milkshake. We should defiantly not lynch until hoopla tells us more.
We also have some time till deadline, and I personally see no need to rush into anything.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:15 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Messiah wrote:I'm getting tired of Sposh ignoring me, let's try bold.
I'm getting tired of you not being at L-0.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:27 am

Post by milkshake »

Do not set up for tomorrow, and did you not read post 158?
hiphop, we already discussed post 158... and why on earth wouldn't we set up for tomorrow!
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Messiah »

@AlmasterGM: Why are you so eager to lynch me?
It's times like this..
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

@Almaster-To me it sounds like the main reason you suspect Coco is because he has only posted one liners that didn't go anywhere. If you look at Empking's post, they seem to do the same. Which is why I asked. I wanted to know how you compared the two. You vote Peabody, because you don't like him. You suspect Coco because you don't like his playstyle. Who else in this game do you not like? It seems to me that you have the attitude that guys you don't like are scum. The rest of your suspicion seems to come from looking to hard. Besides people who you don't like, who looks suspicious?

I in paticular don't like Empking's post, because it almost seems like he is lurking. I played with Hohum in this game. He posted one liners all in day one. Turned out he was scum.

I also don't like peabody's most recent post. He seems to be stalling.

@Milkshake I said in post 158 that people will draw conclusions from this bw. Resulting in possible townie lynches. Some roles for example a tracker, can draw inaccurate conclusions for there can be two people that target the same person. I am not saying that Hoopla is a tracker, in fact I doubt it, but it is just an example, that people can draw wrong conlusions from their roles. So unless Hoopla reveals her role, she must make her own decision. That may lead to Messiah's lynch. If he flips town, than should we really lynch Hoopla.

You shouldn't discuss tomorrow because the only way you know that you will be around is if you are scum. Also setting up lynches sets minds so they don't continue to scum hunt as revealed in this game A townie set up lynches, which nobody changed from, resulting in a town loss.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by milkshake »

people will draw conclusions from this bw. Resulting in possible townie lynches.
Hiphop, really. Are you just that scared of your scumbuddy getting lynched? If not, use your brain.

This is the same thing I told you before (as did Hoopla). Obviously, we
want
people to draw conclusions from this bandwagon. Yes there is possibility that the conclusions could be incorrect. However since we are (presumably) not idiots, the conclusions are more
likely
to be correct. All conclusions have a possibility of being wrong. Especially conclusions without data to back them up. But we're trying to get data, and then use it. For example, as you say yourself, if Messiah flips town after we get Hoopla's info (data) we can lynch Hoopla (conclusion.)
You shouldn't discuss tomorrow because the only way you know that you will be around is if you are scum.
Why on earth shouldn't I discuss things I won't be around to see?
Also setting up lynches sets minds so they don't continue to scum hunt as revealed in this game A townie set up lynches, which nobody changed from, resulting in a town loss.
Again, why would you assume total idiocy on the town's part? I don't know what happened in that game, but the idea in this game is that we use our brains and try to determine which lynches will win.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by hiphop »

Your first sentence looks like you have made up your mind already, without hoopla's information. I have said what I thought, if you can't see it, than there is nothing I can do. If he flips town, you shouldn't just target people on the bw, and if he flips scum, you shouldn't just target the people off the bw.
milkshake wrote:Why on earth shouldn't I discuss things I won't be around to
see?
the last thing you quoted answers that.

As for the last paragraph- The idea is that we don't have any bias.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hiphop wrote: I in paticular don't like Empking's post, because it almost seems like he is lurking. I played with Hohum in this game. He posted one liners all in day one. Turned out he was scum.
I think you ought to check each of Empking's games. That particular posting style (or lack of) isn't exactly unique to his scum game.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla- Is Messiah scum?

Than again I seem to remember her answering that already. post 105. I still want you to answer that question, just to clarify, because you said I was once town, but changed your mind. The town has seemed to run into a log jam, so it is best that you answer.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by milkshake »

I have said what I thought, if you can't see it, than there is nothing I can do. If he flips town, you shouldn't just target people on the bw, and if he flips scum, you shouldn't just target the people off the bw.
Hiphop... I don't understand. What you are sayingis perfectly true, but it is completely irrelevant! Look at what me and NAW have said for the actual what-messiah-flips scenarios.
Your first sentence looks like you have made up your mind already, without hoopla's information.
No, but you're (hiphop is) actually starting to make me make this true, because at this point, even without Hoopla's information, I might want to lynch Messiah just because of hiphop's weird reaction to the whole thing... (Hoopla, though, your information is still vital. Are you still intentionally not giving it up?)
The idea is that we don't have any bias.
...Yes... that, and, while being non-biased, we use our non-biased brains and try to determine which lynches will win.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:No, but you're (hiphop is) actually starting to make me make this true, because at this point, even without Hoopla's information, I might want to lynch Messiah just because of hiphop's weird reaction to the whole thing... (Hoopla, though, your information is still vital. Are you still intentionally not giving it up?)
So you want him lynched, because of me? Beside you got your information already. Look at what you said here. Than look at what she said here. Match made in heaven I would say. She literally said those three little words. Yet if Messiah is so obvious scum why isn't he lynched already?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:23 am

Post by lobstermania »

Day One Vote Count #4 - as of post 196

Messiah (4):
Hoopla, Empking, milkshake, AlmasterGM
Hoopla (2):
NewAgeWarrior, Messiah
charlatan (1):
hiphop
CooLDoG (1):
Peabody
hiphop (1):
Sposh
milkshake (1):
CooLDoG

Not Voting (2):
Coco, charlatan

Reminder: With 12 people still alive it takes seven votes to lynch.

Also, Coco has been prodded.
Last edited by lobstermania on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I want to know if hoopla was bluffing or was messia scum, this needs to be know before we lynch. messiah is at l-2 I don't want any goddamned hammers until we get info from hoopla. we need that info to keep going, press is on you hoop.
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:14 am

Post by milkshake »

Look at what you said here. Than look at what she said here.
She only indicated that that was her read (a read I marginally agree with), not that it had factual support.

Besides, the post of hers that you link is before the post of mine that you link...
So you want him lynched, because of me?
Yep, because I have a theory that if he's scum, you are too. (Oh no! I'm
already
drawing conclusions that *gasp* might be wrong! ;) )
I don't want any goddamned hammers until we get info from hoopla.
Hammers aren't so bad. They're informative at least. I guess that given the decision between hammer and no hammer I would still pick no hammer, though. But besides, we haven't had any hammering, and I'm guessing they're not going to start now. Like I said, scum is afraid to hammer, and so is town at the moment.

Mod: could you prod the people who haven't posted in a few days? That would be great.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”