milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by milkshake »

You are doing it too.
Yep... that's what I said. ^^ I am aiming to see whatever Hoopla is up to with regards to Messiah. It should be interesting. Don't you want to see, too?
How do you know you can build real arguments? You don't even know what you are aiming for.
Mmm, because I want to build arguements based on real info instead of (as an example) "He called Peabody innocent!!"

Or we could sit around while people argue over "scummy" wording, and the scum can try to form baseless lynches on townies, while meanwhile the townies are more hesitant to lynch based on nothing...

That's basically my Day 1 philosophy. It only makes sense... "scum slips" barring "Oops, I posted that in the thread but it was supposed to be to my scumbuddy!" are really a myth in my present opinion.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hiphop wrote:
milkshake wrote:Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something
(whatever that something is)
happen.
You are doing it too. :shock: I think the part that is bolded explains it all. You don't know what you are aiming for, and yet you want a bw.
For all you know the bw could give the scum the win.
:roll:
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:
You are doing it too.
Yep... that's what I said. ^^ I am aiming to see whatever Hoopla is up to with regards to Messiah. It should be interesting. Don't you want to see, too?
I don't know what you are seeing, but I am seeing absolutely nothing at the moment. Messiah is at L-2, could be at L-1 if peabody hadn't flip his vote, so unless Hoopla wants a lynch now, I don't know why she doesn't reveal what she knows now. If she wanted to see people not jump on the bw, why doesn't she attack me? If she wanted to see people jump off the bw, peabody is the likely choice, and for those who jumped on it, why not you? I don't know where this bw is going, but it could be heading for the lynch.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:
hiphop wrote:
milkshake wrote:Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something
happen.
You are doing it too. :shock: I think the part that is bolded explains it all. You don't know what you are aiming for, and yet you want a bw.
Explain.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hiphop wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
hiphop wrote:
happen.
Explain.
I think that is something you need to answer in regards to your own post. It would be a pretty unbalanced game if scum could win from an incorrect bandwagon, no?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by milkshake »

It would be a pretty unbalanced game if scum could win from an incorrect bandwagon, no?
Yes it would be.
I am seeing absolutely nothing at the moment.
Same here... Hoopla?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Are you an alt, milkshake?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by milkshake »

Nope. My join date is just weird (awesome.) )
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:I think that is something you need to answer in regards to your own post. It would be a pretty unbalanced game if scum could win from an incorrect bandwagon, no?
It isn't just the bw, but all the info based off the bw. For instance, it appears you have TV on Messiah. So if Messia is lynched and he flips town everybody could look at whoever was on his bw, and that might cause people to tv on them. Resulting in more townie lynches. If Messiah flips scum, everybody looks at who did not attack him, resulting in more townie lynches, giving the scum the win. My philosophy, the same in all my games(look at my wiki), is to pressure anybody and everybody that makes a mistake, since nobody is perfect, and decide which person is scum from that, instead of zoning in on one person. Your way might work that is why I said could result, and not would result.
milkshake wrote:Nope. My join date is just weird (awesome.) )
Why does she think you are an alt?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

That is some of the worst logic I have ever seen.

1) Lets say I didn't have information on Messiah, and we lynched someone else instead. You can make that exact same argument for whatever that player flips. A lynch based off a stupid semantics debate (which is what normally happens on D1) will not improve bandwagon info the next day.

2) The town will generally have at least 3 mislynches up it's sleeve (usually more, but never less). There is no way we will base any lynches entirely on a D1 bandwagon.

3) Your post only serves to scare the town away from lynching. We won't win if we let people off the hook. Yes, a healthy amount of paranoia and speculation is warranted - but you have nothing else to go on for D1.

To be honest, your post sounds like that of scumbuddy prematurely defending himself for not being for Messiah's lynch.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by milkshake »

if Messia is lynched and he flips town everybody could look at whoever was on his bw, and that might cause people to tv on them. Resulting in more townie lynches. If Messiah flips scum, everybody looks at who did not attack him, resulting in more townie lynches, giving the scum the win.
Yes, these things
could
happen no matter who was lynched... but there's no particular reason that they would.
My philosophy, the same in all my games(look at my wiki), is to pressure anybody and everybody that makes a mistake, since nobody is perfect, and decide which person is scum from that, instead of zoning in on one person. Your way might work that is why I said could result, and not would result.
But what is a "mistake," really? :? Was charlatan's "almost contradictory" paragraph a mistake? Was my "apparently innocent" thing a mistake?

That's what I'm saying in an above post about scum slips being a myth.
Why does she think you are an alt?
Because I'm just sooo pro she coulden't believe- No, ;) it's actually because I joined in 2006, played 1 game, and then had like a three year hole.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:That is some of the worst logic I have ever seen.
Better than closing my eyes, pointing, and saying, you will be lynched today. No excuses needed.
Hoopla wrote:1) Lets say I didn't have information on Messiah
Let's say you don't have information on Messiah, and you want people to trust you, because you want to try out a new gambit idea. That seems more logical. I don't believe you can find anything on Messiah in this thread, because nobody else has. 24 eyes (if everybody has two eyes) looking at a thread and only two see something. Wierd.
Hoopla wrote:A lynch based off a stupid semantics debate (which is what normally happens on D1) will not improve bandwagon info the next day.
I don't care to improve bw info, I want to improve lynch info. If it normally happens than it must be the best way.
Hoopla wrote: There is no way we will base any lynches entirely on a D1 bandwagon.
Some people do. People will always have that bias up their sleeve, and will look extra hard to find things that will get that person lynched.
Hoopla wrote: Your post only serves to scare the town away from lynching.
And you think I am scum, because I don't want innocent townies lynched? I would think it would be the opposite. I must have been thinking wierd in all the games played.*sarcasm* I am still waiting for that info. The town follows and
individual
to a lynch based on nothing. What will happen in day 2? Another blind bw based on nothing? :shock: :roll:
Hoopla wrote: To be honest, your post sounds like that of scumbuddy prematurely defending himself for not being for Messiah's lynch.
If I wanted to be for his lynch, I would be on his lynch, but I am not. Have you looked at my meta? I have never been part of a bw, except as the hammerer, and that is because it was ten minutes to the deadline. When people bw, I attack the lead bandwagoners for being part of a bw that they contributed nothing for. Of course my meta doesn't have any scum in it, but you can at least compare me as a town.
milkshake wrote:Yes, these things
could
happen no matter who was lynched... but there's no particular reason that they would.
Could is always possible.
milkshake wrote:But what is a "mistake," really? :? Was charlatan's "almost contradictory" paragraph a mistake? Was my "apparently innocent" thing a mistake?
It really isn't a mistake, just what the gut says is scummy. Better than saying, "You. Yes, you. You are scummy, because I pointed at you.
milkshake wrote:That's what I'm saying in an above post about scum slips being a myth.
So you don't find Hoopla's TV based on nothing scummy.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hiphop, your signal:noise ratio is awful. You don't need to respond to every single line in someone's posts. Can I suggest next time a simple summary that makes it easy to understand both your position and mine? Remember, succinctness is pro-town.

Seeing as we're getting into that ugly typing contest phase, I am going to claim I have a day-time role.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by milkshake »

Voting one person for a couple pages isn't TV. In fact, NOT voting one person for at least a while is what is often considerred scummy. Besides, it isn't even possible to TV based on nothing.
Confirmation Bias or Tunnel Vision is when a player becomes convinced by their own arguments by virtue of how long or how strong they hold them. It is a form of Logical Fallacy, much like Appeal to Probability but applying to the person who makes the argument, not their audience.

So no, I don't "find Hoopla's TV based on nothing scummy."

Jury is still out on that odd secret message and the "information" that got my hopes up so much though...

Also, for
Could is always possible.
Refer back to
Yes, these things could happen no matter who was lynched... but there's no particular reason that they would.
and
You can make that exact same argument for whatever that player flips.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by milkshake »

I am going to claim I have a day-time role.
Day-time roles are interesting (although obviously whether you should claim them or not depends on what they are).

This is the part where you say, "I have a day-time role, and that means..." ;)
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Hiphop, your signal:noise ratio is awful. You don't need to respond to every single line in someone's posts. Can I suggest next time a simple summary that makes it easy to understand both your position and mine? Remember, succinctness is pro-town.
Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing that. I will stick with the summary.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Day One Vote Count #3
- as of post 165

Messiah (5):
charlatan, Hoopla, Sposh, Empking, milkshake
Hoopla (2):
NewAgeWarrior, Messiah
charlatan (1):
hiphop
CooLDoG (1):
Peabody
milkshake (1):
CooLDoG
Peabody (1):
AlmasterGM

Not Voting (1):[/b] Coco

Reminder: With 12 people still alive it takes seven votes to lynch.
Messiah is at L-2.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard,
That's a good enough reason for a lynch?
Hiphop: Sposh said that he wanted to lynch him due to that. I know that he likely won't be.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 am

Post by CooLDoG »

njot convinced on messiah at all! I want to know the case on him before I vote. I am now really not liking hoopala because she ( I decided to look) has still yet to answer to how she has information. Most games have a doc, I have yet to play a game without some type of doc, this is lob's first game so I don't think he would try some un-orthodx setup. So I would see no harm in leting hoopala tell us what info she has, not her role just what info she has.
after a wank.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:35 am

Post by lobstermania »

I have been notified that the text for this game is too themed for a mini-normal. The first post backstory has now been modified and you will all receive follow up e-mails with your new, less themed roll titles. This will not affect the play of this game at all. All rolls and alignments will remain the same, the only change will be in what you are called (ie. I am no longer Houston Mission Control. I am now The Mod).
Sorry for this inconvenience.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Sposh »

hiphop, why are you voting charlatan?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:44 am

Post by charlatan »

hiphop wrote:Wait. So you agree with the bw on milkshake. If that is the case why didn't you pile on?
I don't agree with it. I also think it's scummy. However, I don't think it's going to end in a lynch and so it's proving useful for information purposes. I won't contribute my own vote, but I don't think it's going to hurt us in the end.

hiphop wrote: I find this paragraph scummy. You are hesitant to believe the reason the bw is there and yet you still want it to be around. Isn't this almost contradictory?
unvote
vote charlatan
No offense, but you should re-read the thread. Hoopla's "code" isn't the reason the bandwagon is there at all. It's a contributing factor, but Sposh and I both voted before Hoopla, for reasons stated in the thread. To reiterate, I thought Messiah's vote was easy and opportunistic.

------

Speaking of which, where is Messiah?

p.s. Also NAW, Peabody, and CoCo. I miss you guys!

------
CooLDoG wrote:njot convinced on messiah at all! I want to know the case on him before I vote. I am now really not liking hoopala because she ( I decided to look) has still yet to answer to how she has information. Most games have a doc, I have yet to play a game without some type of doc, this is lob's first game so I don't think he would try some un-orthodx setup. So I would see no harm in leting hoopala tell us what info she has, not her role just what info she has.
From my end, I placed my initial vote because I didn't like Messiah's vote. Whether Peabody is annoying or not is not the same question as whether or not he's scum, and the wording of milkshake's question about that was the basis for Messiah's vote. Also yours, though you expressed a desire to see a bandwagon form for information purposes, whereas Messiah backed off that vote in a hurry as soon as there was any pressure about it. Hoopla's apparent (ha ha) insider info has increased its strength.

While we're on the subject, however, I am not even convinced that Hoopla believes Messiah is scum.

Hoopla, in the event that you're not doing what I think you might be: is there room for error (or misinterpretation) with the information you have, or are you 100% certain?
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:19 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'll give Hoops the benefit of the doubt.

Unvote. Vote: Messiah

Claim now, foo.

P.S. I still don't like CoCo or Peabody.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:40 am

Post by charlatan »

Unvote.

L-2 is better than L-1 at the moment.

AlmasterGM, care to elaborate on why you don't like CoCo or Peabody?
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:59 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Glad you asked.

CoCo

He hasn't posted anything except two open-ended questions that didn't go anywhere. How long does it take to catch up? Also, I don't like him metawise. He made some annoying moves in the last game I played with him.

Peabody

1 - Peabody links to an ongoing game we both played in. I doubt any of you read it, but if you did, you would see the strategic value of the post.
2/3 - I hate the "defensive" argument - it generally ends up indicting jumpy/newb townies way more than scum.
3 - Takes my joke too seriously. Sends things in way too many directions.
4 - tl;dr
5 - Votes for cooldog at 3am. Still no explanation. WTF?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”