Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Sanjay »

Mufasa, would you mind explaining to me your justification for voting and keeping your vote on BloodCovenent?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Max »

DeuxiemeOctopus
has replaced StumpyTheElephantMan
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Deuxieme Octopus »

Hey guys, I'm catching up on the thread now. I'll start contributing Monday or Tuesday the latest.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Sanjay »

Hi, Deuxieme Octopus. Welcome to the game!

Two questions:

1) Are you scum?
2) Can we call you anything for short?

Answering either in the affirmative could save us a lot of time.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm so calling him squid
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Sanjay »

I was just gonna call him SW.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

saberwolf wrote:And then, the piece de resistance:
Snow White wrote:Yay, someone rational!

Please answer why you find concentrating on two people who are probably most likely to be town better than spreading the wings and examining everyone equally?

(no one get cute, ive yet to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)

Comfortable with my vote atm.
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens. Sure, it's very unlikely, but that's scummy to me if you are trying to use odds for your reasoning. I actually think that one of these two BWs is scum..question is, which one?

Now that I've done all this, I'd have to say it's Snow White who appears the scummiest of the two, hence, my vote stays with her.
I don't like this post. You're telling me you're voting on Snow White simply for saying that? I dono, seems like a bad excuse to vote somebody.
Here I get OMGUS voted, which we all know OMGUS = scummy
Not really... I see townies do it too, to try defending themselves.

I don't understand the Snow White bandwagon. You're trying to justify it with some silly excuses. Honestly, it still seems like we're in RVS.

Anyhow.

Vote:Saberwolf

I really hope this can move quicker. Eight pages, moving extremely slowly, people still randomly voting or picking on minor details.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Sanjay wrote:I was just gonna call him SW.
-_-
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by saberwolf »

EtherealCookie wrote:
saberwolf wrote:And then, the piece de resistance:
Snow White wrote:Yay, someone rational!

Please answer why you find concentrating on two people who are probably most likely to be town better than spreading the wings and examining everyone equally?

(no one get cute, ive yet to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)

Comfortable with my vote atm.
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens. Sure, it's very unlikely, but that's scummy to me if you are trying to use odds for your reasoning. I actually think that one of these two BWs is scum..question is, which one?

Now that I've done all this, I'd have to say it's Snow White who appears the scummiest of the two, hence, my vote stays with her.
I don't like this post. You're telling me you're voting on Snow White simply for saying that? I dono, seems like a bad excuse to vote somebody.
Here I get OMGUS voted, which we all know OMGUS = scummy
Not really... I see townies do it too, to try defending themselves.

I don't understand the Snow White bandwagon. You're trying to justify it with some silly excuses. Honestly, it still seems like we're in RVS.

Anyhow.

Vote:Saberwolf

I really hope this can move quicker. Eight pages, moving extremely slowly, people still randomly voting or picking on minor details.
So you def just quote snipped me to look bad, as I put several more reasons for my vote.

You could always contribute a little more to the game too ya know if you feel we're still stuck in RVS
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Max wrote:
DeuxiemeOctopus
has replaced StumpyTheElephantMan
Wow. Dang. That's gonna be a hard name for me to remember. :P

Hey Octupus!! (can I call you that?)

Sanjay wrote:I was just gonna call him SW.
Hey! That's a good idea. :D

Wow. I
really
dislike EtherealCookie's post.
FoS: EtherealCookie

First you don't even take into account that saberwolf has other points against Snow White.

Second, you critisize one of saberwolf's points for how weak it is, even though it was made on like page 5.
EtherealCookie wrote:Not really... I see townies do it too, to try defending themselves.

What allignment do you think would be more likely to do that?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Thirldy, EtherealCookie makes these posts;
EtherealCookie wrote:Oh god, questioning my votes at the random voting stage! The horror!
EtherealCookie wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:Oh god, questioning my votes at the random voting stage! The horror!

:)

Anything else you'd like to say about the game thus far?
No, not really. I don't have much to say at the moment, unfortunately. :(
In both I'm trying to get discussion started and he's not helping me. Then he complains about it by saying;
EtherealCookie wrote:I really hope this can move quicker. Eight pages, moving extremely slowly, people still randomly voting or picking on minor details.
Actually, I think I'm gonna
Vote: EtherealCookie

I think this case is better.
-Wickedestjr
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Henceforth I shall refer to deuxiemeoctopus as DO

DO, while I duly note you are a replacement, in due time I'd like you to do the following please. Do an ISO on everybody, as well as do a comparison analysis of the two main BWs, and please do not be a dofus about it. If you do not comply, you will be doomed to do over um....yeah, I'm running out of ways to say do.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by saberwolf »

in all seriousness:

DO: hope to hear from you soon regarding an up to date view of what you think is happening, along with your list of suspects.

wicked: How much of our scumhunting do you believe has been from badly worded posts? Do you think SW and cookie are scumbuddies? Why is cookie more scummy to you than SW right now?

cookie: you cannot even claim ignorance on the fact that you only focused on part of my case against SW. Why were the rest of my points not good enough to catch your attention and be addressed?
Show

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Still here. Will catch up by Tuesday at the latest.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:45 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

cookie: you cannot even claim ignorance on the fact that you only focused on part of my case against SW. Why were the rest of my points not good enough to catch your attention and be addressed?
hows emotion to the fact that she was voted for. Then defends BC with IMO a stupid reason. The matter of the fact is, ANYBODY could be a power role...does that mean we just don't lynch? Course not, which is why we take the risk...if they turn out to be a VIP, they can claim, and we can decide whether or not to trust them.
That doesn't cry out scummy for me.
In my opinion snow white has been acting scummier than bloodcovenent plus the fact we only have one post to really work off of for bloodcovenant while snow white has plenty of newbscum posts going on plus she OMGUSed me, plus she tends to get angry and defensive when voted for more so than a typical townie should as well as the fact that most of bloodcovenant's votes were random bandwagoning votes right off the bat I assume because it looked funny to see him get that many votes that fast I dunno but at the very least you can't say he's scummy simple due to the rate of how fast his bandwagon built up, and also this game aint big enough for two SWs so she's gotta go and I'm now at the point where I'm just typing crap to make this run on sentence even more ridiculously longer but its ok because at the end of it all its still only one sentence even if it is one really ridiculously long run on sentence.
Not exactly great reasons to support a lynch for her. Getting defensive. Okay, so you're telling me townies don't get defensive? Point noted, it might be a bit too defensive and scum are more likely to do it.
Then you argue about words and the definitions. Really?
Other then that, I don't see any points to address.

I agree, Snow White's voting for you is OMGUS, but I disagree with it being a scum tell.
What allignment do you think would be more likely to do that?
Okay, fine. Scum might be more likely to do it. I still don't find the case strong enough to vote for Snow White.

In both I'm trying to get discussion started and he's not helping me. Then he complains about it by saying; EtherealCookie wrote:

Actually, I think I'm gonna Vote: EtherealCookie
Wow. Great reasoning for voting for me. I point out that we're in RVS, and there's nothing to contribute about.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by MrSuave »

SolemnJ wrote:I have a little problem finding time to post, but I promise not to let you people down.

I'll have my beliefs by the end of tomorrow morning.
yeah... that was posted 3 days ago. I said I would vote as soon as the deadline was past, but I let it slide, but this is clearly lurking.
vote: SolemnJ
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

saberwolf wrote:1: How much of our scumhunting do you believe has been from badly worded posts? 2: Do you think SW and cookie are scumbuddies? 3: Why is cookie more scummy to you than SW right now?
1: I'm sorry. I don't really understand this question.

2: No. Do you?

3: The points against cookie are good ones imo. The ones against SW aren't really that good. I mostly don't like that she can't defend herself well and that she uses bad reasoning, and I also wanted to help pressure her. But EtherealCookie is guilty of the same. Then there is the contradiction I pointed out which acts as a tie-breaker for me.

EtherealCookie wrote:Wow. Great reasoning for voting for me. 1: I point out that we're in RVS, and there's nothing to contribute about.
What about the other two points? That isn't my only point.

1: I don't understand this sentence.
-Wickedestjr
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Let me rephrase: do you believe that whats been done in this game so far is actual scumhunting, or us tunnelling on those who make poor choices of wording in posts? Are we catching scum slips, or dumb slips in your opinion, based on post value?
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by saberwolf »

also, to answer your counterquestion, I feel I see a couple of possible connections:

SW and cookie, SW being either noobtown or noobscum and cookie trying to take some of the pressure off her through chainsaw defence

SW and BC: VERY unlikely, but you gotta consider everything.

SW and Wicked: Wicked putting heat on cookie so that SW gets looked over for a while

Looking at this I realise SW is in this a lot, so I'm going to reread over again and see if I can find any non-SW connections.
Show

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:45 am

Post by dramonic »

posting from my wii, on which its real straining to read. Will post content tomorrow
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 am

just finished the thread, going back over a few things, will have something of substance up by tomorrow morning
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 am

and p.s. - im usually referred to as DO or Octo
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:25 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

What about the other two points? That isn't my only point.

1: I don't understand this sentence.
How do you not understand the sentence, yet claim I addressed one of your points but not the others?
First you don't even take into account that saberwolf has other points against Snow White.

Second, you critisize one of saberwolf's points for how weak it is, even though it was made on like page 5.
First: I looked over the other points later, and responded to them.

Second: I'm sorry, should we ignore posts until the sixth page? How about we change that. Let's all ignore all the posts until the 10th page!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 am

Post by almightybob »

EtherealCookie wrote:Second: I'm sorry, should we ignore posts until the sixth page? How about we change that. Let's all ignore all the posts until the 10th page!
Yes, this confused me. Sure it was on page 5, but we're only on page 8 now. And even if we were on page 20, that's the reason you can't edit posts: everything from the
whole
game is left as evidence of scumminess. So it's all admissible.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:23 am

Post by dramonic »

so...

SolemnJ seems to have a hard time participating, he was supposed to post 4 days ago (by his own word) and just vanished.

Also his ISO 1 is antitown in a whole new fashion

Unvote
Vote: SolemnJ

Yes, I'm ignoring the pointless debating
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”