Newbie 834 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Post by Garnasha »

oops, forgot I shouldn't post until the game was officially over. Oh whatever, it can't influence the outcome anymore. Still, sorry hohum.
V/LA until finals are over.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Oman »

Garnasha wrote:Well, that went really slow towards the end. And then very sudden.

I did say in my "testament" someone should look through my interactions with Oman. Anyway, next time I'm going to go with Albert's advice and play like him: sink your teeth into someone and don't let go. It'd have won here.
I'll come back to this later, but you were right for all the wrong reasons. I got out of your grasp by (IIRC) not telling a single lie. Also, never say "I will play like Albert" ever, please, I like you, and I want to keep liking you. Sinking your teeth in would have won here, but (as I mentioned) you were so wrong on the why, it just as easily could have been any other Townie.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 am

Post by GreenDude »

OX1DE!!!!#@#$#$^#$^#

WHY THE HECK DID YOU LOSE THE GAME FOR US??!??#@?@$#^

*back to regular self*

I knew oman was the scum. I just didn't want to face the facts. My problem was that I voted ox1de because I thought I would never vote oman. Cause he played to well. It was sooo obvious though because of looker. Next time I think I'll simply try to think simple. My whole theories that I posted were true! But yet why was oman SO stupid. He said so himself. Why wasn't I or night killed? I am looking forward to the Night talk.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:02 am

Post by GreenDude »

He be my oppurtunity to say:

I TOLD YOU SO!!
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 am

Post by 0x1de »

Oh dear. Sorry GreenDude, and sorry Town. I should learn to trust my instincts.

@GreenDude: in my defense, if Oman had been around when you voted me, then you'd have lost the game. We didn't lose it, Oman won it.

To be honest I made several mistakes throughout the game, but they say "if you don't fall off, you're not trying hard enough". I'm pleased that I made it to the last day in my first game, but that's only the secondary goal. I'm embarrassed about letting scum win.

In retrospect, Oman killed hiphop purely to throw suspicion off him. He's a confident and good player, so he probably felt up to the challenge.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Oman »

Ox1de is completely correct. I killed hiphop because he was annoyingly unpredictable, and I sort of wanted to give you Newbies an endgame, instead of just having this day speed by.

I'm pretty limited on my time, so I didn't want to have to try to talk sense to Ox1de or hiphop, and I figured that Greendude would have the same thought I would: That hiphop was Ox1de's logical kill.

It's also correct: that
if Oman had been around when you voted me, then you'd have lost the game.

This is correct too
Ox1de wrote:He's a confident
and good
player, so he probably felt up to the challenge
My interactions with looker were quite damning, I'm suprised I didn't hang for it originally.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by hiphop »

Oxide, Oxide, Oxide Why didn't you stick to the plan? I set up a good case against Oman. He was setting up for the next day. You should of ran with that case. Never, ever comment on why scum killed who. That is completely Wifom, so shove it out the other ear. If it was you, me and him, I would of voted him, right off the bat. I was going to say, Oman, you had your chance of killing Oxide, and you didn't take it, so if Oxide is scum he deserves the win.

However, if it was you who died, I would have probably voted Greendude too. Still it was you fault the town lost not mine.
Oman wrote:I killed hiphop because he was annoyingly unpredictable.
Thank you very much. It was also my first Nk, I am usually lynched. Only once survived to the end game.
Oman wrote:Once hiphop calls it I have every intention of doing an IC Q&A/Debrief for anyone who wants to be involved.
Okay I call it, scum win. Or did you mean Hohum? Second person to switch our names, and the last one Hohum wasn't even part of the game.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by hohum »

A lynch consensus has been reached.

0x1de,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched, D4
GreenDude,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed, Endgame

The following players have fulfilled their win condition:

Oman,
Mafia Goon,
, Survived
Looker
Mafia Goon,
Lynched, D2

Congrats to the scum team.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Oman »

Thanks for running this
hohum

Does anyone have any questions?

I'd also like to point out that I don't think I ever lied about mafia theory in this game. Don't discount me because I wanted to kill you.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Oman wrote:
Garnasha wrote:Well, that went really slow towards the end. And then very sudden.

I did say in my "testament" someone should look through my interactions with Oman. Anyway, next time I'm going to go with Albert's advice and play like him: sink your teeth into someone and don't let go. It'd have won here.
I'll come back to this later, but you were right for all the wrong reasons. I got out of your grasp by (IIRC) not telling a single lie. Also, never say "I will play like Albert" ever, please, I like you, and I want to keep liking you. Sinking your teeth in would have won here, but (as I mentioned) you were so wrong on the why, it just as easily could have been any other Townie.
Relax, I would never be able to pull off the complete asshole attitude, but I still think your defense contained something slightly scummy, but I ignored it on grounds of me probably just tunneling. And that was a mistake, as it turns out.

Another question, why was I NKed? Should I consider that a compliment for being either too town or too likely to catch you to live? Or was it because I'd asked town to lynch DLA if I died? Or some completely different reason?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Also, hohum, you screwed up :P Greendude was lynched, and 0x1de was endgamed.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Oman »

You were NKed for a several small reasons, the major one being that as scum I tend to play towards the endgame I want rather than the next day. Unfortuantly, I wanted to kill Ox1de much earlier in this one, but you took his place. Simply because you've seen me play as scum, you've made the wrong decision once, and your first inclination would be against making that again (for this reason, I probably seemed a lot scummier than I would of otherwise).

You would have to be convinced I was town, and that wasn't really a game I like to play. Avoiding a slip is always easier than building a case.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 am

Post by GreenDude »

@oman: Why didn't you night kill me? It would have saved me alot of why? why? Why on earth would oman want me alive? Why am I alive when I posted an entire case against oman? Maybe he thinks I'll think that if I'm not killed that my case is not real? Or maybe my case is wrong and he isn't scum?

If would have helped hiphop too.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Oman »

You pretty much answered your own question. All I wanted was you to doubt yourself. And the best way to do it was to keep you alive.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:45 am

Post by 0x1de »

Relax guys, GreenDude wasn't the first townie to be hanged this game.

I'd long suspected Oman, but could never prove it. If you look back, there aren't any of his posts that are clearly scummy. I began to doubt myself - it was like I'd reached a decision and was now trying to justify it. You know, like deciding to buy an iPhone and then coming up with reasons afterwards.

GreenDude was acting real suspicious. He radically changed his view on me without an real explanation even when I asked him. To go from townie to "I am sure 0x1de is scum"
without much reason
is very odd. It is ironic that he claimed "I told you so" after that.

There were nine players in this game. To say that I am the only reason that town lost is simply churlish.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Garnasha »

True, you're not the only one to blame. I must say however, even though GD started acting slightly more scummy than before, I was convinced he was town up till I think D3. Don't know if I ever mentioned it though.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Garnasha »

I'm missing something... quicktopic?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 am

Post by hohum »

The QT didn't get much use because of Looker's suicide-hammer stunt, but here it is:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/NS8ZALdFxxsy

Looker also asked me at one point if he could NK his own partner. I'm not sure if he was just testing me or he really wanted Oman out of the game. For the lulz.

Good job oman!

I'll have a few more comments in a bit.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Garnasha »

hohum wrote:I'll have a few more comments in a bit.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”