Mini 858 - Dexter Season One (Game Over)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

SocioPath wrote:

Feels a bit OMGUS? Really now? I think someone needs to hit up the wiki again.
uh no thanks. "feels a bit omgus" means that charter hasn't had me listed as scummy at any point until i mention that he's scummy. then suddenly i am number three. i didn't say "omgus", i said "a bit omgus."

sp wrote:But yeah, not only is don not scumhunting, he hasn't lifted a finger all game.
don hasn't been here
all
game. he's a replacement. the guy he replaced contributed something. i am not ignoring questions or avoiding anything, so yeah. whatever. do you have a question for me?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 am

Post by SocioPath »

don_johnson wrote:
SocioPath wrote:

Feels a bit OMGUS? Really now? I think someone needs to hit up the wiki again.
uh no thanks. "feels a bit omgus" means that charter hasn't had me listed as scummy at any point until i mention that he's scummy. then suddenly i am number three. i didn't say "omgus", i said "a bit omgus."
AWESOME

Please point out where you said
charter
was scummy.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 am

Post by don_johnson »

dj wrote:you're kind of scummy, though.
for context please read post 210.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:40 am

Post by SocioPath »

Nice.

I'm happy with my vote.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

at least somebody's happy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 am

Post by SocioPath »

don_johnson wrote:at least somebody's happy.
Really?
Is that a post restriction?
*FISHFISHFISH*
I don't care what your role is or who you are, but I would like to know if your constant depressio attitude is a post restriction or is just you as a player.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by don_johnson »

no post restriction. people are voting me without adequate reasoning. seems to happen all the time. eventually it just gets to you.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 am

Post by chamber »

don_johnson wrote:no post restriction. people are voting me without adequate reasoning. seems to happen all the time. eventually it just gets to you.
I was toying with the idea of voting for you for a while but eventually decided against it. All in all I don't think suspicion against you is completely unfounded. If you are town its likely a mechanism of how you as a player play, because in the end it was artems play that convinced me not to vote for you yet.
Taking a break from the site.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

is suspicion in the game of mafia ever "completely" unfounded? i would say at least half, if not more, of my games consist of more than one anti-town faction. rereading my own posts in iso and i realize i haven't even voted yet, so i just don't see a solid amount of evidence that points to me as scum. if we are voting for inactivity, there are worse offenders than me, especially considering artem's earlier contributions.

but thanks, i guess. i'll have to reread a bit. would that be okay?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Konowa »

Budja wrote:I don't see konowa's view here as a scumtell. All the same, "too scummy to be scum" is a fallacy (despite RBT's play in our last game) and you should know it.

@Konowa, what do you think of chamber play, apart from the great miller arguement.
Perhaps I am letting one game cloud my vision a little too much. "Too scummy to be scum" is a fallacy and I will not argue that point. I still stand by my gut belief though. Apart from that, I have a neutral read of chamber. The fact that he is hesitant to expand on his reads, be they slight or not, does not sit well with me. To me only scum would be hesitant to explain their reads.

@chamber, why is charter scummy? Could you expand more on your reads and who you think is scum?
Sotty wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Sotty: I assume you're referring to Konowa's line of attack against you taking place in the context of charter already having name claimed?
Yup.
Could you expand on this for me, Sotty?
Budja wrote:@Konowa, if Sotty still suss? If not who is?
Not enough for me to follow through with. Outside of our back-and-forth, there really is not enough for me to get a read either way on her.

Almaster tops my scumlist right now. To me it looks like he had already decided that chamber was scum and was just looking for a reason to justify his vote. The fact that the justification came after the vote with a "you are scum for doing A, but you would have been scum for doing B" looks really reaching and weak.

don trying to justify his activity and/or towniness due to Artem's play really rubs me the wrong way too.

vote AlmasterGM

Locke Lamora wrote:Konowa: you still haven't explained how directly asking about abilities is less scummy than asking for a nameclaim.
It is not less scummy. I will concede that point. I just feel, as I explained already, that I do not think that scum would act this blatant. Here is where I fall back into the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy argument with myself.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, Konowa and chamber are buddies. Very obvious.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 am

Post by chamber »

Konowa wrote: @chamber, why is charter scummy? Could you expand more on your reads and who you think is scum?
I generally am better at defining who I think is town and scum, but I never explain my votes. Go read any game by me or look at my title for evidence of this. This game has my scumdar muddled and I can't make sense of it no matter how many times I reread it.
Taking a break from the site.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by don_johnson »

konman wrote:don trying to justify his activity and/or towniness due to Artem's play really rubs me the wrong way too.
that's not what don did. maybe it is you who is rubbing yourself the wrong way. all don said is that
if the case against him is inactivity then it follows suit that others who are in possession of equally or more inactive slots should be under suspicion as well, if not more so.

way to kick a guy when he's down.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Budja »

@Socio, the question wasn't that obvious to me. I really don't understand your problem with it.

Anyway good catch on DDD, a couple of buzz-words doesn't save you from actual scum-hunting. Present your reasoning.

@don, pull youself together.
Konowa wrote: To me only scum would be hesitant to explain their reads.
...and yet you call him neutral? Why?

---

vote DDD
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

1) I'm not going to say what trends I like to look at because it then allows them to be planned against and they don't ever convince anyone anyways; they're merely factors that influence me. I can pretty easily self-meta to show the more formalized version of my analysis and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my perchance for this lately to charter.

2) It was pretty obvious why no one said anything about Budja's name claim, it was logically consistent with that of a miller. So it looks to me like he was unnecessarily trying to push forward a non-issue to earn himself and his claim more credibility.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:05 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

DJ: not liking this depressed attitude. Is there anyone you think is voteworthy? Anything more than 'kind of scummy'? Are you just too depressed to scumhunt?

Konowa: you think Chamber's too scummy to be scum with his rolefishing but you think his unwillingness to expand on his reads is scummy, so that combines for a neutral read?

Chamber: why are you defending Jebus? Yes, he did say he would be posting at the weekend. However, it's not the first time he's said something like that in this game and thus far, we have nothing of substance from him. Considering we're ten pages in, I really don't like that. Also, is a 'muddled' scumdar basically a way of saying you don't have any good reads on anyone?

Charter: what do you think of DDD providing 'trend analysis' as a reason for suspicion?

Still waiting for Almaster.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 am

Post by charter »

Locke, fine answer. DDD is more suspicious for not voting chamber.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Konowa Post 234 wrote:
Sotty wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Sotty: I assume you're referring to Konowa's line of attack against you taking place in the context of charter already having name claimed?
Yup.
Could you expand on this for me, Sotty?
I agree with the belief that you were giving myself and charter two different standards. Also I felt you really did not want the name claim out in the open for whatever reason. It felt to me like you wanted to keep as many options on the table for a lynch as possible. Basically you seemed over defensive considering the guy had already claimed miller and this is a heavily flavored game. A name claim to go along with it is the next logical step. Your attack on me felt manufactured.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

charter, I'm not voting for chamber. Does that make me suspicious?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:14 am

Post by charter »

You're voting Konowa, who is also scum, so no, but we should consolidate votes.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Juls »

Vote Count

AlmasterGM
(Konowa)
don_johnson
(SocioPath)
Budja
( )
chamber
(Cyberbob, charter, AlmasterGM)
charter
()
Cyberbob
( )
Debonair Danny DiPietro
(Budja)
Jebus
(Debonair Danny DiPietro, Locke Lamora)
Konowa
(don_johnson, Sotty7)
Locke Lamora
( )
SocioPath
( )
Sotty7
( )

Not Voting :
Jebus, chamber

Deadline :
November 4

Notes:
Prodding AlmasterGM.
-------------------------------------
Juls
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by SocioPath »

don_johnson wrote:people are voting me without adequate reasoning. seems to happen all the time. eventually it just gets to you.
I'm calling BS on your appeals to emotion. It has nothing to do with people voting you.
Lets go through your downward spiral:
don_johnson wrote:thanks for asking, though. it seems like people are either forgetting i exist or trying to lynch me all the time. its almost odd to be asked my opinion. *sigh*
Thats in response to asking if you had THOUGHTS. No ones voting you, no negativity towards you. But you have the depressio attitude.
don_johnson wrote:
charter wrote:don johnson moves into spot number three for me. Not scumhunting one bit.
:(

that's dissappointing. feels a bit omgus. but what do i know.
More depressio. He isn't voting you. He just states that you are scummy to him.
don_johnson wrote:
budja wrote:@don, you seem oddly disinterested in this game. You are usually more aggressive. What gives?
i'm interested. just depressed.
More depressio. No actual input. Just coasting along on crying about how people find you scummy.
don_johnson wrote:don hasn't been here
all
game. he's a replacement. the guy he replaced contributed something. i am not ignoring questions or avoiding anything, so yeah. whatever.
Finally has a vote on him. Essentially claims the reason he has been useless is because he wasn't here for five entire pages of discussion, because that is so much to catch up on.

Claims to not be avoiding anything. I guess avoiding scumhunting doesn't count as part of 'anything.'
don_johnson wrote:at least somebody's happy.
More depressio with nothing else.
don_johnson wrote:no post restriction. people are voting me without adequate reasoning. seems to happen all the time. eventually it just gets to you.
Back to this. People are voting? No, its just me. Only but a single vote on you this entire game. And yet...depressio.
don_johnson wrote:rereading my own posts in iso and i realize i haven't even voted yet, so i just don't see a solid amount of evidence that points to me as scum. if we are voting for inactivity, there are worse offenders than me, especially considering artem's earlier contributions.

but thanks, i guess. i'll have to reread a bit. would that be okay?
There is the hiding behind replaced players again. Not to mention hiding behind the 'other people are lurking MOAR THAN ME!' excuse.

There is ONE vote on you. And its from ME. And its pretty CLEAR that its not because of 'inactivity.' You are plenty active. You are actively doing nothing.

And no solid evidence that points to you as being scum? That statement is pretty solid evidence.

Games aren't based on 'solid evidence.' People get lynched 95% of the time without 'solid evidence.' Mafia isn't a game based on 'solid evidence.' Although your statement is pretty good 'solid evidence' that you are scum, and are just claiming that people shouldn't vote you because there isn't enough 'solid evidence' against you.
Sounds like the classic scum slip of 'but you are lynching me for the WRONG REASONS!'

I am more than happy with my vote now. A don wagon would be superb.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by charter »

Great post, SP, but we are lynching chamber right now.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by SocioPath »

charter wrote:Great post, SP, but we are lynching chamber right now.
The thing is, I currently find other people to be scummier than chamber at this point.
His 'scum buddy' Konowa included.
Unless ALL THREE are scum.
And if thats the case...then does order of elimination matter?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by charter »

I could do Konowa if we can't do chamber. Consolidate on Konowa?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”