The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Battle Mage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I wouldn't be fine with a Spyrex lynch because he's town.
How confident are you of this?

BM
Confident enough to say:
I wrote:I wouldn't be fine with a Spyrex lynch because he's town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:40 pm

milkshake wrote:Okay... but why's he town and what's with his lame claim?
If you're going to declare his claim to be lame, you better defend your statement and explain it fully, scumbag.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by milkshake »

What? I already said...
Anyone having flashbacks to "I am a Musician?" If you're going to claim, why on earth would you call yourself an Alchemist instead of giving us your real role name? I thought we had already been over this...

And you're
really
attached to SpyreX aren't you... should I know why?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

What appeared to happen was DGB possibly softclaiming some role info, BM fishing for that info (don't worry, I approve :P) and I can't tell if that's a confirm or not.

Not only do I not approve of softclaims (as evidenced by an ongoing game of mine) but it's even less crucial when the scum can't fail to hit a power role.

I don't think Spy's story adds up and I'm suspicious of the death/ghost mechanic. I am in favour of stringing up the poltergeist.

vote Spyrex

milkshake - why can't he be called an Alchemist? He already flagged yesterday that his name didn't end in -ER.
I'm old now.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by milkshake »

Well, he could be called The Alchemist, but not "an alchemist" like "a godfather" or "a roleblocker." And (while I agree it's
possible
that he has them) using random potions is not exactly very difficult to make up, and neither does it fit with the theme of people granted powers at birth by the Dark Goma.

I'm not the hugest fan of flavor arguments, but I can't ignore them when they appear...

Previously, BM and I had said that we could lynch SpyreX tomorow if he didn't dissapear on his own. But I don't think that he's a ghost, and I don't see why he would be fully resurrected for just one day of life.

unvote tubby, vote: SpyreX
because I still think his claim is bad. Hopefully DGB doesn't go berserk...
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:30 pm

milkshake wrote:
unvote tubby, vote: SpyreX
because I still think his claim is bad. Hopefully DGB doesn't go berserk...
Unfortunately, I only have one vote and cannot vote all the people rushing to lynch what is, in essence, a confirmed townie - because anyone with two brain cells to rub together has got to know that the attempt on Spyrex didn't come from town, but from scum.

Therefore, he is pretty much confirmed town.

* Thank you for reminding me of why I wanted to retire in the first place, and making me regret my decision to play again. *

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:32 pm

I'll go as far as to say that one of milkshake and SerialClergyman HAS GOT to be scum. 50-50 are pretty good odds.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Sorry DGB, which attempt on his life are you talking about?

As far as I can tell, he's there standing above his own body and crying. There's nothing to indicate any sort of attempt on his life. The flavour reads inconclusive as to what happened, but is consistent with just about any variation of actions, including being recruited or converted, being a doppelganger of some kind, being a ghost etc etc.

There's nothing at all I can see that suggests the mafia tried to kill him.

As for his claim, I don't believe he's telling us everything. I don't like the role, flavour and particularly his claimed action.

So sorry you're being caused to regret playing the game, but you're jumping to conclusions with Spy that I don't like.
I'm old now.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by milkshake »

Besides, according to his own claim, he tried to give SB a black potion, possibly resulting in whatever happened to him...
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Something tells me that Spyrex can't be killed this phase anyway. Experiment if you all want, but I think it's more interesting to believe he did try to kill SB and it somehow backfired. Not worth voting either of them, but an interesting note to remember down the line.

@DGB - I'd say it's possible for both to be scum. The votes on Spyrex are disguised as disliking his claim, but I think it's also possible that something is up with them two and SB.
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Kise »

^Kise, BTW
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

StarKiss wrote:Something tells me that Spyrex can't be killed this phase anyway. Experiment if you all want, but I think it's more interesting to believe he did try to kill SB and it somehow backfired. Not worth voting either of them, but an interesting note to remember down the line.
Lawl. Sup hydra.

I think the real question should be: What about a miller would cause something like that to backfire?

Also scope needs moar votes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Ah! Papa Zito-Starkiss-Kise or whomever, someone with a brain to discuss with! Yay.

There are some scenarios where Spyrex could be scum, now that I think about it. But they are long shots. Most likely, he's telling the truth. He's not the lynch for today.

Besides, we're still waiting for SnowBunny's explanations. With this in mind, milkshake and Clergyman's rush to wagon Spyrex is both scummy and premature. And let me be firm about something. I am not softclaiming anything. It's common sense.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Papa Zito wrote:I think the real question should be: What about a miller would cause something like that to backfire?
(1) The black potion may not kill the player that receives it.
(2) The black potion may kill the player that receives it, and SB is lying.
(3) I don't want to help SB and give her ideas.
(4) I don't want to help SB and give her ideas.
(5) I don't want to help SB and give her ideas.
(6) I don't want to help SB and give her ideas.

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Kise »

And this whole time I thought it was my 6th sense.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm a little iffy on Spyrex's claim, honestly. For one, he doesn't have the -er, which thus far (1 3rd party, 1 scum, 3 town flips) has proven a good way to judge claims. Second, as milkshake said, the potions thing doesn't really jive with the theme; we're supposed to be born with our powers, not have to fabricate them. I can easily see a scenario where Spyrexscum trying to make a kill, having it backfire, and then scrambling to come up with a reason why.

On the other hand, there was nothing in Snow_Bunny's claim that would make me think she has some sort of protection on her, so I'm wondering how the thing could have backfired in the first place. So I'm with you DGB about waiting for Snow_Bunny's side of things.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Let me put some logic in this argument, if Spyrex actually was scum he would not have tried to kill snow bunny unless he lacks the aformentioned two brain cells.

Also, no one has anything to say about the note I received?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Lots to analyze. Khan's obsession with Rosso is indeed odd though.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by milkshake »

The votes on Spyrex are disguised as disliking his claim
That's not really a disguise...
something is up with them two and SB
Yeah "something" is... I think he may have claimed miller to get people to take night actions on him so that his ability would do something to them. I'd love to hear SB's explanation.
"Kmd wins with benmage's lynch". [...] if it's true then benmage could be an SK and needs to be lynched immediately.
KMD said his role PM talkign about The Rodent Tamer (SK) and Saijin (who, according to your note, is not Saijin but BM) as if they were different people.
if Spyrex actually was scum he would not have tried to kill snow bunny unless he lacks the aformentioned two brain cells
Then again, if his claim is bogus (as at least Papa Zito and me think it might be, although DGB disagrees vehemently), SpyreX could have done anything. As SerialClergyman says, any number of scenarios could result in the deaths and not-deaths that we have seen so far.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by milkshake »

Sorry, EBWOP: "KMD said his role PM talkign" should be "KMD said his role PM talked."
Khan's obsession with Rosso is indeed odd though.
You mean the double voting thing? I think that's just about Rosso possibly/probably being the double voter. Not sure though.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Vaya »

I believe that both SpyreX and Bunny are town. I believe Spy's claim, and I can't see how it would make any sense for him to target Bunny as scum.

To the point of his claim contradicting the theme of us being born with powers, let me remind you all that Jordon had nothing but a bomb strapped to himself, so that doesn't seem to apply to everyone.

@VP Balter
Could you explain why this note you received leads you to suspect Benmage is a SK? I don't see how you're reaching that conclusion.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by milkshake »

I believe that both SpyreX and Bunny are town.
I thought that they were, basically, mutually exclusive. If you believe that Spy gave SB a potion with intent to kill him, you should at least believe the Spy thought SB was scum, and you probably should also believe that SB quite possibly had an ability that "killed" Spy (or possibly turned his potion back on himself.) So why do you think Bunny is town? What about her inciting people to perform actions on her through her miller claim?
let me remind you all that Jordon had nothing but a bomb strapped to himself
We weren't really led to believe that, were we? "An ancient solution was remembered and Jordan gave DeathNote an innocent gift... a hug." (Paraphrasing). Doesn't this sound like Jordan is remembering some crazy suicidal power he knew he had? At the very least, it doesn't say anything about a bomb.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Vaya »

milkshake wrote:
I believe that both SpyreX and Bunny are town.
I thought that they were, basically, mutually exclusive. If you believe that Spy gave SB a potion with intent to kill him, you should at least believe the Spy thought SB was scum, and you probably should also believe that SB quite possibly had an ability that "killed" Spy (or possibly turned his potion back on himself.) So why do you think Bunny is town? What about her inciting people to perform actions on her through her miller claim?
I'm not sure I get you're logic here. Yes, I believe Spy is town and he apparently feels that Bunny is scum. I don't see how this should lead me to automatically agree with him, or blame bunny for his death. Really, I find this "Spy targeted bunny and it seems to have backfired, therefore it must be her fault and she is scum" logic to be jumping to conclusions.

Still, I do want Bunny to explain in detail what happened to her last night, so we can maybe get this all figured out.
milkshake wrote:
let me remind you all that Jordon had nothing but a bomb strapped to himself
We weren't really led to believe that, were we? "An ancient solution was remembered and Jordan gave DeathNote an innocent gift... a hug." (Paraphrasing). Doesn't this sound like Jordan is remembering some crazy suicidal power he knew he had? At the very least, it doesn't say anything about a bomb.
I looked back, and you're right that a bomb was never outright mentioned. I feel it was implied though that he simply had a bomb strapped to himself, and I find it much more reasonable to assume that then to think that he had the ability to create huge explosions out of nowhere.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by milkshake »

I don't see how this should lead me to automatically agree with him, or blame bunny for his death. Really, I find this "Spy targeted bunny and it seems to have backfired, therefore it must be her fault and she is scum" logic to be jumping to conclusions.
It should not
automatically
lead you to agree with him, nor should it
automatically
lead you to blame for SB for whatever happened. However, both of those things seem fairly plausible. I do agree that, as I have said before, there are many possible explanations for the events we have seen. But you shouldn't blindly reject the most apparent explanations.

I see why you think SpyreX is town (you believe his claim, I think you are very wrong to believe his claim, though, and, myself, I do not.) However, I do not see why any of this causes you to believe that
Snow_Bunny
is town. In fact, if you think SpyreX is town, I can much more readily see why you might believe SB is now.
I find it much more reasonable to assume that then to think that he had the ability to create huge explosions out of nowhere.
Well SpyreX can look at his own body, so I don't think creating explosions is at all out of the question. :)
Still, I do want Bunny to explain in detail what happened to her last night, so we can maybe get this all figured out.
Much agreed.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by milkshake »

"SB is now" should be "SB is town." I'm starting to get sloppy with previewing my posts... tsk tsk!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”