Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Yankee »

Nikanor wrote:What we need right now is a quickly-built bandwagon with absolutely no reasoning whatsoever.
Unvote. Vote: Looker.
How would that help anything? It is no guarantee that the person that hammers would be Scum anyways...

VOTE COUNT

Khamisa (2): Netlava, Head_Honcho
Slepz (2): Vino, Looker
Looker (2): dramonic, Nikanor
Yankee (1): Locke Lamora
dramonic (1): Snow_Bunny
Locke Lamora (1): Slepz
Vino (1): Khamisa
Netlava (1): Yankee

Not Voting (1): animorpherv1

With 12 Alive, 7 is needed to lynch.
Deadline is October 20th.

Slepz has around 24 hours to pick up his prod and post.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

It would help by putting pressure on the wagonee.
And where did I say I wanted a hammer?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Yankee »

You didnt, i was just assuming that you wanted to build a bandwagon to see who would quickhammer, then lynch that person tomorrow. Guess i didnt fully understand what you meant.

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Looker »

Nikanor wrote:It would help by putting pressure on the wagonee.
And where did I say I wanted a hammer?
Sorry, but I don't negotiate with terrorists...:neutral:
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Vino »

Sorry for my absence I've had a very busy day.
Head_Honcho wrote:Vino, that's not even the issue. The issue is that you think all of his points are valid and are attacking him for HAVING TOO MANY OF THEM. Which boils down to you attacking him for scumhunting.
I hate it when people take my arguments and twist them into something they're not. Obviously I have no problem with him scumhunting. My argument is that he's reading way too much into a simple post. He's formed a huge conspiracy theory based on very little evidence, and I think that's a damaging way to think. He had like, ten points about a one sentence post that didn't cover half of my screen. I'm reading it as reaching, and I don't think it's necessarily scummy, but I do think it's way too much thought to frame a case on what seems to me is not a big thing.
Head_Honcho wrote:I would probably vote vino for that but I would actually be very okay with a looker lynch today.
Calling for a lynch but not voting?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Looker »

No, Vino, you're not getting it. He's trying to make it so that he can change his vote later on to hop on a wagon if it forms. That way, since he just threw that in there, he can go "As aforementioned, I'd be okay with a Looker lynch". They call that CYA *Cover your ass*. Or at least that's how I'm seeing it. But anywayz, whateva happened to Slepz?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

My mistake, I thought I was already voting for Looker.
unvote Vote: Looker

I hope that clarifies things.
Immoral Acts: 0
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Looker »

Uh-uh, it doesn't. You didn't say why you'd prefer a Looker lynch
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 am

Post by molestargazer »

Slepz has failed to pick up his prod and will be replaced.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I like this wagon. I don't think Looker's doing a great deal of scumhunting at all.

Unvote; Vote: Looker

Got any suspects?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Looker »

@Locke - Good question. Could've been asked without a vote, but good question anywayz.
unvote

dramonic's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1892508#1892508]Post 69[/url] wrote:actually, they were a cult coupled with a bunch of serial killers.

Unvote
Vote: Ani

scared of L-2? Ridiculous <<
To be brief because I'm gettin' hungry, Dramonic strikes me as opportunistic, hopping onto wagons with no explanation. He's the scum.

vote dramonic
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Good points. I don't like dram's play either. What about Nikanor's desire to start a random bandwagon on you?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Looker »

Not good enough to unvote, I see. Nikanor's proposal of a random bandwagoning, amongst other things (anything purported to randomly lynch/kill an individual I believe is cowardice/a cop-out and irresponsible to say the least) strikes me as scummy as well.
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1889340#1889340]Post 39[/url] wrote:
When talking to Looker, Nikanor wrote:Also, why are you apologizing?
Why are you avoiding my questions, Looker?
Vote: Looker.

@dramonic: Looker has seen me as scum, too.
This I could attribute to RVS, but in light of later stretches, this, too, is a stretch.
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1894280#1894280]Post 84[/url] wrote:So who thinks the lovers should claim?
I'm pro-loverclaim.
Here are my reasons:
-The pro-town lovers will gain nigh immunity to night kills. If one set of lovers dies, we automatically lynch the other to catch scum.
-We can focus on other players, narrowing our day one lynch pool to eight.
However, I do acknowledge that it would put us in lylo after two mislynches, barring a doc protect, when it would usually only be mylo. I believe the pros outweigh the cons in this situation.

What do y'all think?
The lover-claim proposal was a fiasco; however, the only explanation given by Nikanor for not only role-fishing but requesting a claim Day 1 was the following:
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895194#1895194]Post 99[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:To be honest, I initially saw Nikanor's proposal of claiming right off-bat as sneaky and shady and kind of like cheating, but if there's any reason I shouldn't be feeling like this, let me know. It just seems like he wants our lovers to turn themselves in.
Actually, I posted it because the game was stalling, hehe.
I don't see how that flies. Did you try to pull a fast one? But anyway, nothing happened, no suspicions were cast, it was ignored. So much so that he pulled this little stunt:
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1903233#1903233]Post 199[/url] wrote:What we need right now is a quickly-built bandwagon with absolutely no reasoning whatsoever.
Unvote. Vote: Looker.
I mean, come on. Where does horrible playstyle and anti-town behavior cross over into scumminess and intentionally pushing for a mislynch? Is it just me or are people voting for me because they're ready for Night 1?
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Yankee »

I am not going to vote for you because i really dont think you have done anything to deserve my vote. I am still staying with my vote of Netlava because it is my opinion that he is the scum, at least one of them.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Where do you say why you're voting Netlava, Yankee? Oh, that's right, you're voting him because, 'he is never this well thought out or insightful.'
Do you have any real reason to be voting for Netlava? I don't see how that is a scumtell.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Nikanor »

Looker wrote:Where does horrible playstyle and anti-town behavior cross over into scumminess and intentionally pushing for a mislynch?
It doesn't. Severely anti-town behaviour doesn't mean scummy.
This I could attribute to RVS, but in light of later stretches, this, too, is a stretch.
What 'later stretches'?
The lover-claim proposal was a fiasco
I accomplished my goal of boosting activity. We got some opinions on the thought of a claim. I don't see how it was a fiasco, as you claim.
I don't see how that flies. Did you try to pull a fast one? But anyway, nothing happened, no suspicions were cast, it was ignored. So much so that he pulled this little stunt:
Whether you like it or not, that was my main motivation behind asking that question.
Where does horrible playstyle and anti-town behavior cross over into scumminess and intentionally pushing for a mislynch?
That is unfair. How am I supposed to know that you are town, and thus that you are a mislynch?

I still am liking my vote on Looker.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 am

Post by dramonic »

All three of my votes have a reason though
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Netlava »

I was going to whine about Slepz's lurking, but I see he's getting replaced, so looking at the list and scanning for lurkers (sorry, standard procedure here), I notice khamisa still isn't saying anything. Still happy with my vote.

Yankee's reasons for voting me are weird. I mean, first of all he says that being "insightful" is out of character for me. I'd like to think that I'm always insightful, but that's besides the point. Yankee's only played one game with me, so saying that me being insightful is out of character is a slight stretch. But more importantly, I can't follow his line of thought. If you say that I'm being "insightful," that's a good thing, right? So why would I be your top suspect? Even including the "out of character" line of thought, I still don't think it makes sense.

Yankee, if you think my post was "insightful," does that mean you agree with my points on khamisa?
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Yankee »

Yes, it does mean that i agreed with you, and it is true i have only played one game with you. But you seem to be of completely different Playstyle this game then the other, and you were a proven townie in the other.... Just seems odd for me. Maybe it isnt enough for a vote, but i dont mind keeping my vote on you since i am the only one...

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Looker »

Question: Are people allowed to change or grow? Because meta appears to me to be counterintuitive.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Yankee »

i dont understand what you mean Looker, maybe because i dont know what "meta" is....

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by Looker »

To be honest, I don't know what it is myself, but I know that people like to reference it. From my understanding, it's taking how people have reacted and played within past games and applying it to their playstyle in current games. I would believe this to be counterintuitive because with each game you learn new things and you try new things, so I can't see how meta would really be helpful. Of course, I'm open to any discourse on the matter.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Well, meta is useful (not that I like it; it bores me to no limit to read other games just for meta) as it tells you how will people likely react to certain roles. For example, if you always play active when you are town, and lurking when you are mafia, that's a meta others can use to say if you are town or mafia in this game.

Any roads, dramonic's looking scummy to me. Also, his three votes really don't have a reason. After further investigation, Nik's also looking scummy. Maybe a dram-nik scum team.

So far I'm happy with my vote on dramonic.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Vino »

Looker wrote:To be honest, I don't know what it is myself, but I know that people like to reference it. From my understanding, it's taking how people have reacted and played within past games and applying it to their playstyle in current games. I would believe this to be counterintuitive because with each game you learn new things and you try new things, so I can't see how meta would really be helpful. Of course, I'm open to any discourse on the matter.
"Everybody don't look at my meta, I look scummy in it!"

Granted it looks like you're pretty new to the site so I suppose meta wouldn't be very useful anyway. (Not that I use meta other than from games I've personally played in.)
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Yankee »

what happened to this thread. It started off so active, now it seems kind of dead in here....

Return to “Completed Open Games”