forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If there was a death miller I might cry.
Hey now, I've made a game with that role before and run it. Not TOO many people complained.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:11 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

All this talk about the claim, its quite possible that it is true. I agree that the kill should be directed by the town and certainly not on a whim, and I also agree that Net should not be allowed to live through to endgame.

Amished is a very aggressive player, from what I remember of him from one game I replaced into that he was in, and his actions are nothing that I haven't seen before, and I think he was at least trying to move the game along, and it worked.

I am still trying to wade through the smaller points of the last 6 pages so I will hopefully have a larger post sometime on Saturday as I won't be around tonight or all day tomorrow.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

forbiddanlight wrote:
If there was a death miller I might cry.
Hey now, I've made a game with that role before and run it. Not TOO many people complained.
I suppose it would depend if they claimed it before they died or not.

Off the subject of claims what does everyone think of Saber and Doom? What do people think of Amished? What do people think of the lurkers?

I've made my point on Saber and I see the connection between him and Doom. I think Amished has been pro-town up to this point, moving the game along. I have mixed feeling about the lurkers right now.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Konowa »

Bah post explosion.

Will get to this in a second.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Amished »

@Fuzzy: I remember playing with you, but I can't find the game.. Which one was it?

@Shotty: The lurkers are bugging me, so I'm hoping that they either come around so somebody else or I can start asking them questions about the game.

My feelings on Saber and Doom are pretty clear, as well as my feelings on myself :P

I still stand by Net's kill being directed and sooner rather than later. While it could be argued that we'll tell the scum who not to kill, we're not going to pick somebody pro-town that the scum would want to get rid of, instead we'll pick somebody scummy (or inactive, as how I generally would like inactives to be dealt with) that the scum would like to keep alive to generate mislynches (if our target is town); or inactives that will slow the game down and therefore helping the scum.

Either way, scum aren't likely to kill who we'd pick in the first place; and with the growing opinion that Net shouldn't be allowed to get to endgame (which I agree with). They aren't going to bother wasting time not performing their NK (that net was worried about). I can't remember who said, but reducing the number of suspects early on is pro-town as well, and is a common way to help out the town and I agree with that sentiment whole-heartedly. Which is why while vigging N0 is debatable (and generally leaned against), vigging from every night possible from then on is the right thing to do.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Amished »

EBWOP: Oh, I remember you now, Fuzzy. You tried to fake CC my doc claim in Newbie 694.... Good effort, but that game was rather weak compared to the way I'm playing now.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;

saber, why do you expect a vote with no reason from me? Also, as of post 149 did you also believe that there was a lack of content?
Netopalis, post 158 wrote:The simple fact of the matter is that until Amished started talking, nobody had really said much of substance to go on.
So you believe that there was no worthwhile discussion before Amished arrived? Also, do you believe that early on we should have very tight, sealed cases on who we suspect? This is what I am getting from your [Netopalis] post 257.

As far as the claim goes and him possibly being a NK-Immune SK instead of Miller NK-Immune One-Shot Vig at this point I suggest we treat it as a normal miller claim. If he acts scummy, lynch him. The way he claimed it leads me to believe him though.
kikuchiyo, post 267 wrote:3) I do see the doombunny/saber connection and so I can support lynching out of those two, however, Looker seems to be asking for a policy lynch.
What connection do you see between the two of them? Also, I hope you have a good reason for not pushing fuzzy.

As far as the no suspects situation. I am going to have to agree that I find that scum have a higher chance of "not being able to read the game" or "have no suspects" than town. Town players come to this point every once in awhile too, so it is not a clear-cut scum-tell, but it will be something I attack someone over. Amished explains this better in 186.

I have no knowledge of Hellsing.

Gathering more thoughts.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Shotty wrote:Off the subject of claims what does everyone think of Saber and Doom? What do people think of Amished? What do people think of the lurkers?
Saber seems more of a fail town (no offence) to me and I while I see why people want to lynch him I don't agree with parts of it.
Amished seems scummy to me for his unsupported attacks on me, saber, and Neto earlier.
The lurking isn't a very big scumtell to me but some of the people are. Looker for example doesn't post very much and when he does it is usually very short and he doesn't explain his actions such as his latest vote.

Anyway, I'll be thinking about who I should put my vote on and hopefully get back to you soon

(by the way Looker, I still what your reasoning for voting Fuzzy)
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Amished »

@Doom: What don't you agree with that's been brought against saber; or, to put it another way, what have you seen that seems pro-town?

Also, stop saying that my attacks were unsupported. Clearly enough other people saw the support so since you don't see it doesn't me it's true.

I've seen the full series, none of the OVA's, and read the first third of the mangas, just FYI.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Chaco »

Blegh, been busy with school the past two day preparing for break. But I'm good to go now.

I still like my vote on Saber after these pages though, and what Doom just said was indecisive and very easy to back out on.
FoS

More to come.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:@Doom: What don't you agree with that's been brought against saber; or, to put it another way, what have you seen that seems pro-town?
He has been helping the town recently and before he was making jokes. Not really scummy to me.However, he wasn't helping town out much which is why I labeled him as Fail Town.
Amished wrote:Also, stop saying that my attacks were unsupported. Clearly enough other people saw the support so since you don't see it doesn't me it's true.
I didn't really mean it as unsupporded really. Weak is a better word. I don't really see how joking and being gone for a while is enough alone for a hard vote. A question for you though- What do you think of the lurkers?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Amished »

Amished wrote:
@Shotty: The lurkers are bugging me, so I'm hoping that they either come around so somebody else or I can start asking them questions about the game.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Amished »

EBWOP
Doombunny9 wrote:
He has been helping the town recently and before he was making jokes. Not really scummy to me.However, he wasn't helping town out much which is why I labeled him as Fail Town.
He's been helping, but not helping. Got it.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Looker »

saberwolf's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902603#1902603]Post 251[/url] wrote:
Netopalis wrote:To what are you referring, Saberwolf?
every game ive played where someone has asked somebody to claim, everyone jumps on him and goes: "oh, you're rolefishing, asking people to claim is scummy!"

I pull that off here, and I get labeled as scum for it...
People are stupid, Saber, it's not a matter of following the rules or doing things right, it's who's the biggest and can get away with stuff. Apparently, you can't. I won't fault you for it, that's life. :?
Amished's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1903835#1903835]Post 287[/url] wrote:EBWOP
Doombunny9 wrote:
He's been helping, but not helping. Got it.
Eh? What? So he's town but he just sucks...?

unvote
vote Archon

(
You
were my original vote)

Which reminds me. Doom, did I promise you an explanation or did I just say I would respond to your inquiry regarding my vote on fuzzy? If it's the latter, the response is :arrow: ::shrug:: dunno :neutral:, but if it's the first one, then I'll get back to you on that
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Amished »

@Looker: Why is Archon now your best place to have a vote?

Also, my EBWOP'd post simply shows how DB9 (no, not Aston Martin) has no real position on saber, allowing him to change in the future without repercussions. To state that you (DB) feel that he's (Saber) helping, but then state *in the same sentence* that he (Saber) wasn't really helping is logically inconsistent, and not something that should have given any form of pro-townieness for. Giving people town points when they don't actually have a good reason for it labels the giver as scum.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Amished »

Looker wrote:
Amished's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902320#1902320]Post 236[/url] wrote:Also, with roles flavor not necessarily indicating alignment, why would they need safeclaims?
Okay, let me think this through. This is why I don't like the claiming crap until someone gets L-1, it's too much to deal with and it halts town. Not to be anxious or anything, but now I'm confused.
What have you surmised in your thinking?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished- What I meant when I asked you what I thought about the lurkers are, do you think their scummy or to ask it better, do you think they're more scummy than other people because of the lurking.
Amished wrote:He's been helping, but not helping. Got it.
Read my post again

Recently he has been helping town
Earlier he was fooling around and not helping town.

I could have made it more clear though I guess. The last part I meant "he wasn't helping town out much in the game before which is why I labeled him as Fail Town." He is still scummy to me because of fooling around before, I just don't think that reason alone is enough for a lynch and he is earning town points back for contributing more to the game.
Looker wrote:Which reminds me. Doom, did I promise you an explanation or did I just say I would respond to your inquiry regarding my vote on fuzzy? If it's the latter, the response is ::shrug:: dunno , but if it's the first one, then I'll get back to you on that
It was just a question I asked, not a promise or anything. Also, I second Amished question: Why Archon?[/b]
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Amished »

@Doom: What of Saber do you classify as helping the town? Does his earlier unhelpfulness outweigh his recent helping? Is he fail-town or still scummy? Scummy-town?

How does that correlate to me? I was on vacation, but am I helping the town or hurting the town now?

Who else has been unhelpful to the town in your eyes, if anybody?

The point of lurking is that you *can't* get a read on them. It's unhelpful, but it can't be classfied as scummy. The people that I have a read on, and have been scummy are then inherently more scummy than people that I can't get a read on.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Archon »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Konowa wrote:kikcuhiyo, you seem to be really pushing this gap in logic on fuzzy. Why no vote? Why drop the issue, as you say in post 44?
I clearly stated that I did not want to pursue the discussion. Obviously I have my reasons and would rather not discuss them at this time. I think the ensuing conversation has potential to be detrimental to town. I would rather revisit the issue when necessary.

As of yet, saberwolf and doombunny's humor is not impressive. I don't see how extending the random/joke phase does us any good. I think Chaco has the right idea here:

Vote: saberwolf
for the wanton distraction that is post 95. Deliberately making yourself a difficult read may work well for your meta, but I would rather lynch the jokers rather than having to deal with the wifom surrounding their alignments at a later date. So I guess I could say I would support a policy lynch seeing as how I don't think this thread has progressed much beyond the RVS.
HOS kikuchiyo

The sudden drop of a topic and the refusal to answer questions poised makes me think that you are hiding something.

[votes for joking]
this seems ridiculous. It seems insane that you guys are willing to vote for people based on jokes. Everyone can have fun in their own way, and while the person is focused at the task at hand, I see no problem with some jokes played here and there.
forbiddanlight wrote:
TBH I'm sort of an anti-meta player, I judge by the actions you make in this game. I don't care if you act scummy all the time, if you act scummy here I'm going to push your lynch. I dislike people trying to 'disguise' their meta by playing worse as town so they can play better as mafia.
I like this ^-^. I don't mind using meta to implicate someone but it's pointless to use it to clear them.

Why are you voting Neo looker?
This is a good question.
seconded.
saberwolf wrote:
Konowa wrote:
unvote;

vote Netopalis
Amished wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Netopalis
reasons for voting with no reasons guys? Konowa I kinda expect it from, but I don't know about Amished.
You may expect it, but it should not be tolerated. Please give raeasons for your votes.

So, as to not post a giant wall o text, I will be going through about 2-4 pages at a time, so as to get rid of the boring factor.

now at bottom of page 6
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Amished »

Clearly Archon has never played with chamber...

No, my name is not "Ed."
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 4 of Day 1:

(
The “
Character List Size
” Votecount
)

forbiddanlight
(0):
Netopalis
(0):
Amished
(1):
saberwolf

fuzzylightning
(0):
Konowa
(0):
Shotty to the Body
(0):
Chaco
(0):
Archon
(2):
Archon, Looker

Looker
(0):
kikuchiyo
(0):
Doombunny9
(1):
forbiddanlight

saberwolf
(4):
Shotty to the Body, Chaco, kikuchiyo, Amished

Not voting
(4):
Netopalis, fuzzylightning, Doombunny9, Konowa

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone to hell.

Deadline for D1 will hit Friday, October 23, at 8pm EST. This is a fixed deadline, so it will not be extended barring extreme circumstances.

saberwolf becomes prod eligible in around 12 hours. Everyone else is fine.

Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by saberwolf »

*is unproddable*

im slightly busy, just finished midterm and now busy making a website for student council, be around shortly
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Looker »

@Amished -Wow you're smart, but anywayz. About Net, I don't trust him. If he comes off scummy, I'll put my vote on him. The whole claiming thing isn't really flying with me. About Archon, I want a vote out there (it strikes me as a stock market thing), but if I'm going to have one out there, I'd rather keep it on the same person than keep switching because all I'll ever do is log on, switch my vote, and log off. It's like a duty...that's sad...

And who is chamber? Chamber Pot?

Kinda n a rush so if I missed any questions, I'm sorry, I'll come back. Smooches!
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Unvote

I am becoming convinced we have this wrong. I will post more tomorrow, but I don't see the Doom/saber scum connection anymore.

@ Archon: Yes, I am witholding thoughts I think may be more harmful than beneficial at this point. I will gladly revisit the subject when/if necessary and can offer loads of evidence for you. For now I have moved on.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Looker »

:!: ^^(she's a grown up, i can tell)