Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

So basically you are saying that since I don't overreact to votes on me, but I do argue my points, it's a double standard?

That statement really doesn't make any sense.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:So basically you are saying that since I don't overreact to votes on me, but I do argue my points, it's a double standard?

I'm pretty sure what he meant was: You don't mind when people attack those you are attacking, but do mind when people defend those you are attacking. I don't think of it as a double standard per say, but at least this way its possible to see where he's coming from.

If you want me to post a concise defense of monkey, first you can post a concise case. Otherwise you can reread my posts in the thread.
Taking a break from the site.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:So basically you are saying that since I don't overreact to votes on me, but I do argue my points, it's a double standard?

I'm pretty sure what he meant was: You don't mind when people attack those you are attacking, but do mind when people defend those you are attacking. I don't think of it as a double standard per say, but at least this way its possible to see where he's coming from.

If you want me to post a concise defense of monkey, first you can post a concise case. Otherwise you can reread my posts in the thread.
First off, I really do think that you need to stop answering for Monkey.

I don't mind when people defend those who I'm attacking, but you jump in before he can ever speak for himself. So pretty much, he is just following your lead after he comes back into the thread. I really don't care for it, and I'm pretty sure that there are others that agree with me.

Wow, getting rather snarky there at the end. I have posted the reason why my vote originally went on Monkey and why it has stayed there and has not moved, and probably will not move, more than a number of times. You could easily read me back in iso, and see that.

I think it's rather immature of you to say that "screw you guys, unless she posts something, I won't". I have been posting and have repeated myself over and over.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:

I don't mind when people defend those who I'm attacking, but you jump in before he can ever speak for himself. So pretty much, he is just following your lead after he comes back into the thread. I really don't care for it, and I'm pretty sure that there are others that agree with me.

Wow, getting rather snarky there at the end. I have posted the reason why my vote originally went on Monkey and why it has stayed there and has not moved, and probably will not move, more than a number of times. You could easily read me back in iso, and see that.

I think it's rather immature of you to say that "screw you guys, unless she posts something, I won't". I have been posting and have repeated myself over and over.
My point was, that as you've been attacking him throughout the thread, I've been defending him. If its too scattered for you, post an attack all in one place for me to defend. Otherwise you can go back and read my posts in iso.

I agree that its generally a bad idea to answer questions directed at others. I don't feel my most recent post falls into that general area though. What you suggested he meant made no sense, as you said yourself. I think it was pretty clear he meant my interpretation though. To get your interpretation you'd have to assume "Starbuck doesn't mind it when someone joins her on her bandwagon," meant voting for you, as opposed to voting with you. The fact that he uses the word 'joins' would make this interpretation basically impossible.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

So now, you've distracted from the conversation at hand because of what you *think* he meant instead of letting him answer for himself, as you have been doing since the start of the game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

chamber wrote: How do you know what his typical playstyle is without having seen him play in previous games?
I don't. When I called him out, his argument made me think it was more of a playstyle difference. It may or may not be his "typical" playstyle, but either way, it's his playstyle here. I don't like it, but it seems to be the way he prefers to play.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Gorrad »

Starbuck- KMD's probably town, and I'm getting a slight scum lean from Monkey, but other than that it's mostly nulltells at this point. Ask me again D2.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

Gorrad wrote:Starbuck- KMD's probably town, and I'm getting a slight scum lean from Monkey, but other than that it's mostly nulltells at this point. Ask me again D2.
kk, thanks for answering! :D
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:

As far as I can tell, you're not actually asking me questions, you're just throwing around baseless attacks and insults, so there's really nothing for me to answer. You also don't want to build an actual case, probably because you don't have one. You're also wasting a lot of the day with this which could be used looking for real scum.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:47 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Starting the search for a ZONEACE replacement
fuzzylightning prodded
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am not really liking the way that Chamber is defending Monkey on every post made by someone else in this game that is directed at him. Sure it may be ok every once in a while but when its happening as consistently as it is now, then there has to be something there.

KMD, so we agree to disagree, and anyone who wants to read to see if this is my typical playstyle can go on ahead, i was in OOTS Mafia, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia, and Newbie 649 all as town.

I don't really see a problem with Starbuck's continued attack on Monkey because I really haven't seen a "good" defense of the points she has against him. So far, from what I am seeing it amounts to Monkey claiming she lied about what she was doing this weekend, which, unless he was with her this weekend, is impossible to know.

Unvote
because I want to take a step back and look at the game from a new perspective and move my vote accordingly.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't have time to read games I'm not playing in.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Gorrad »

I was in 2/3 of those with you Fuzzy. For people who don't like reading, I am seeing no distinguishable difference in Fuzzy's playstyle this game.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad wrote:I don't "play like scum on purpose". I have a very set gamestyle, and one side-effect of it happens to be anti-town. I catch enough scum with it that I see no reason to change.

Chamber, thanks for having a brain. Brandi's posts trying to further a 100% OMGUS case on me are making me happy with my vote.
I don't know if you noticed or not, but I didn't say you were playing like scum on purpose. I was making a general statement. Seems like you love to take things I say the wrong way. The fact that there are many players who play like scum on purpose and think they can get away with it and use it as an excuse really annoy me. You have been scummy in some ways, but you do not fit the profile of that type of player. I guess I wasn't being very clear.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Brandi »

also, @Starbuck: Me being on MS for a long time is meaningless. I go months without being on the site, and also, I mostly spend my time in GD. I rarely play games. I've also seen many highly respected players say that self voting is bad... always. It's really a matter of opinion I guess. =P
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Right now I think the towniest player is Starbuck with her very sensible scumhunting, and semioldguy is a good candidate for second place.

While I think Crazy's attack on me is ill-founded, I am more inclined to believe that Crazy is misguided town than scum as of right now. He hasn't done anything else of note, and he said he needed to look at me again.

I have a slight gut town read on Brandi, Kmd4390 is pretty close to neutral, Gorrad's dislikable, chamber stands a good chance of being scum, and MonkeyMan576 is the scummiest player in the game. No reads on anybody else.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Crazy »

SC wrote:Right now I think the towniest player is Starbuck with her very sensible scumhunting, and semioldguy is a good candidate for second place.
Starbuck's scum-hunting isn't even remotely sensible. My scumdar screams at her nearly as much as it screams at Monkey.

I'll be back later; I got homework to do.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

YankCane151 replaces ZONEACE
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

My scumdar is still pinging most loudly at Chamber and Gorrad. While I understand the arguments being made against Monkey, and while I recognize that perhaps my scumdar needs recalibration after several months away from the game of mafia, my gut is telling me he's town reacting badly rather than scum reacting badly. I could, of course, be wrong as I often am, but that's my read at present.

Regards,
Jazz
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Hello everyone. I've gotten some reading done, I skimmed, I will have to look deeper.

The Starbuck-Monkey arguement is interesting. I don't really have a stance so far(again, I have to re-read). I believe ZONEACE was relatively quiet, I'll try to contribute more.

If I had any votes on,
Unvote
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@StrangerCoug
Why do you have such a strong town read on me?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 am

Post by chamber »

fuzzylightning wrote:I am not really liking the way that Chamber is defending Monkey on every post made by someone else in this game that is directed at him. Sure it may be ok every once in a while but when its happening as consistently as it is now, then there has to be something there.

KMD, so we agree to disagree, and anyone who wants to read to see if this is my typical playstyle can go on ahead, i was in OOTS Mafia, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia, and Newbie 649 all as town.

I don't really see a problem with Starbuck's continued attack on Monkey because I really haven't seen a "good" defense of the points she has against him. So far, from what I am seeing it amounts to Monkey claiming she lied about what she was doing this weekend, which, unless he was with her this weekend, is impossible to know.

Unvote
because I want to take a step back and look at the game from a new perspective and move my vote accordingly.
After reading your posts in iso from these games I'm even more happy with my vote. Thanks for the confirmation.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy wrote:
SC wrote:Right now I think the towniest player is Starbuck with her very sensible scumhunting, and semioldguy is a good candidate for second place.
Starbuck's scum-hunting isn't even remotely sensible. My scumdar screams at her nearly as much as it screams at Monkey.

What's not sensible about my scumhunting?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 am

Post by Crazy »

Starbuck wrote:
Crazy wrote:

You're attacking Monkey for his over-reaction and his appeal to emotion, mainly, which are two of the worst "scum-tells" ever.

You also attack chamber merely for depending Monkey, although isn't it plausible he just disagrees with you?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

Crazy wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Crazy wrote:

You're attacking Monkey for his over-reaction and his appeal to emotion, mainly, which are two of the worst "scum-tells" ever.

You also attack chamber merely for depending Monkey, although isn't it plausible he just disagrees with you?
I suspect chamber because of his constant defending of Monkey and his speaking for Monkey.

Have you been following the game at all to see the other reasons why I haven't moved my vote from Monkey? It's quite apparent that you have not.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”