Newbie 834 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 am

Post by 0x1de »

I disagree. He only placed one vote in the entire game and was certainly not all over the place (unlike CSL, Looker, and DarkLight). He started off by prodding everyone, but once he decided on me, he refused to consider anyone else. I managed to persuade him to remove the blinkers in twilight, when he made these posts:
hiphop wrote: Now you are making me have doubts about you. Oman's most recent post, and the posts about tomorrow shows he is setting up a lynch.
hiphop wrote:
Oman wrote:3. I said I thought playplay town, killing him would not confirm all my reads, as I even doubt myself in this game.
There is a slip up. Scum know who is town and who is scum, so killing him wouldn't make a difference, because if you are scum you would already know his alignment. So saying he is town and killing him only proves to us that you knew he was town.
So: no he didn't unvote me, but he couldn't because it was twilight. He never even said that he changed his mind. BUT he did show that he also suspected Oman and it's not as cut and dried as you say.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I'm in such a fix. I've been reading a bit of the game. And when I read through ox1de, he looks scummy, then I read oman and he seems even more scummy.

But I think oman is the scum. And if there had been more players and would vote him right here, right now.

Ox1de though isn't off the hook.

It would help if everyone said who they thought suspicious.

Secret message to the town: imactuallytown
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by 0x1de »

GreenDude wrote: That is one little suspicioun of mine, IF: ox1de is scum, then he obviously didn't kill me because i said I thought him town. BUT: Oman could have done that to place suspicioun on ox1de. The former being more likely.
Oman wrote: Greendude, Regards me not killing you to throw suspicion you.
Is this a freudian slip? GreenDude says that not killing him puts suspicion on 0x1de, but you answer as if it puts suspicion on GreenDude. Which was probably what you were thinking when deciding who to kill.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Ok, bollocks on the line. I am sure that Oman is the scumbag. So much so that:

Vote: Oman

GreenDude won't hammer, cos he's town (I hope).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote Ox1de

If Ox1de is scum, I'm voting the right guy. If Greendude is scum, we lose anyway, so this is my only choice.
Ox1de wrote:Is this a freudian slip? GreenDude says that not killing him puts suspicion on 0x1de, but you answer as if it puts suspicion on GreenDude. Which was probably what you were thinking when deciding who to kill.
The poor sentence fragment is actually showing that I wasn't focused when I wrote it, thus the dijointed nature.

Secret message returned: Imasa

It just doesn't makes sense for Omanscum to kill hiphop. Greendude had SAID he thought Ox1de was town, it would be SUCH A STUPID MOVE to kill hiphop instead. Hiphop at least had Ox1de pegged as scum, even if he was questioning everyone and making lots of accusations (my play also evidences that I didn't take him too seriously during the day yesterday, so to say I suddenly was afraid of him at night is silly.

Someone suspecting Ox1de already is a much better ally then someone I have to CONVINCE to help lynch Ox1de. It is such a bad play on my part to do that.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by 0x1de »

unvote: Oman
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by 0x1de »

So if GreenDude is scum, he's won. But I don't think so...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Oman »

Unvote

Okay WTF are you doing man? Do you think I'm scum or not. I'm really tempted to keep this on you.

Explain away though.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 am

Post by 0x1de »

It seemed a good idea at the time. Yes, I was drunk.

Really I wanted to make 100% sure of GreenDude. It was a risky gambit and I bottled out. I still think you're scum though.

(Posts 505 and 506 appear the other way round than I remember. Weird)
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am

Post by 0x1de »

Oman wrote: It just doesn't makes sense for Omanscum to kill hiphop. Greendude had SAID he thought Ox1de was town, it would be SUCH A STUPID MOVE to kill hiphop instead. Hiphop at least had Ox1de pegged as scum, even if he was questioning everyone and making lots of accusations (my play also evidences that I didn't take him too seriously during the day yesterday, so to say I suddenly was afraid of him at night is silly.

Someone suspecting Ox1de already is a much better ally then someone I have to CONVINCE to help lynch Ox1de. It is such a bad play on my part to do that.
Reluctantly, I have to admit this is true. Perhaps I'd go even further and say that Oman's best kill would have been GreenDude, simply because everyone regarded him as town and so unlynchable.

You can apply the same logic to me as well. Why would I kill hiphop when I'd just got him to start suspecting Oman? Oman would have been a fair choice, just to remove a thorn in my side. But GreenDude would have been best. I know he was saying I was town, but he wasn't helping me lynch anyone. Plus there's the reason above.

Now lets look at GreenDude. hiphop was certainly his best choice, leaving two townies at each other's throats who both thought him as town. All he'd have to do is wait it out and hammer with the deciding vote.

@GreenDude: Your opinion of me has gone from probably town, through neutral, to probably scum, yet you've given no reasons. Why is that?

I'll finish off with something that's been niggling me. It's not a big deal by any means but worth mentioning. GreenDude has repeatedly said 'I don't know' or 'I'm confused' or whatever. I can't see why a townie would bother typing that out. On the other hand, scum might do it for town points.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by GreenDude »

@ox1de: I say whatever I would normally say. So if I'm confused, I'll say I'm confused, if I say I don't know, then I'll say I don't know. If you wanted to find out if I was scum or not you could have simply not have unvoted. Then I could have confirmed my townieness but you unvoted. But that's ok. It gives me something to think on.

I night kill seems very unusual.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I think that ox1de slipped up when he was drunk. And it slides into place. Hiphop was a threat to ox1de, so he was nked, while I was kept alive because I thought him town. Now when I say I'm ready to vote oman, he votes, and says he "knows" I'm town, (gee I wonder how), expecting me to hammer (maybe). But then why does he unvote?
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I think ox1de unvoted because oman voted him and he was scared I'd hammer him.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I swear ox1de is scum. Looker seemed sore that he got lynched, so he inconspiciously reveals his partner and then says "bah! Go town!" gee isn't that strange? He said there's no honor amongst scum, the makes sense, and then says to kill ox1de. I really can't see oman as scum subconsiously. This will so be the most stupidest or smartest but scummiest move on my part in the game. Hope the town doesn't lose :(

vote:ox1de
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Well now it gets interesting.
GreenDude wrote:@ox1de: I say whatever I would normally say. So if I'm confused, I'll say I'm confused, if I say I don't know, then I'll say I don't know. If you wanted to find out if I was scum or not you could have simply not have unvoted. Then I could have confirmed my townieness but you unvoted. But that's ok. It gives me something to think on.
I can't control what Oman does though. If he had left his vote on me, then you could have proved yourself.
GreenDude wrote:I night kill seems very unusual.
eh?
GreenDude wrote:I think that ox1de slipped up when he was drunk. And it slides into place. Hiphop was a threat to ox1de, so he was nked, while I was kept alive because I thought him town. Now when I say I'm ready to vote oman, he votes, and says he "knows" I'm town, (gee I wonder how), expecting me to hammer (maybe). But then why does he unvote?
Oman was a bigger threat than hiphop.

I never said I know you're town. Just that is was the general opinion.

Your statement about Oman was certainly one of the reasons I did it. I unvoted partly because of his reasonable defense, partly because he voted me (and so could prove my point), but mainly because I wussed out.

I didn't expect you to hammer him either because you appeared townie. Now I'm not so sure.
GreenDude wrote:I swear ox1de is scum. Looker seemed sore that he got lynched, so he inconspiciously reveals his partner and then says "bah! Go town!" gee isn't that strange? He said there's no honor amongst scum, the makes sense, and then says to kill ox1de. I really can't see oman as scum subconsiously. This will so be the most stupidest or smartest but scummiest move on my part in the game. Hope the town doesn't lose Sad
Definitely the stupidest move. If Oman is scum, then it's game over. If you are scum, you just incriminated yourself quite badly.

So Oman has now gone from most scummy to not scum and again you give no reasons for this. Why don't you justify yourself?

Strangely you didn't answer my previous question:
0x1de wrote:@GreenDude: Your opinion of me has gone from probably town, through neutral, to probably scum, yet you've given no reasons. Why is that?
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Oh, and I'll address the Looker/0x1de connection after Oman has posted. No point wasting my breath if he is scum.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Thank you very much ox1de for giving me information. Time to
unvote
and analyze. :D
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Just a little note. I really am having troubles seeing who's scum. If I read ox1de, then he looks like scum, but if I read oman he looks like scum too. Is it possible for there to be 2 scum right now?? (rhetorical question don't answer (unless you are admitting you are scum then go head))
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by 0x1de »

GreenDude wrote:Thank you very much ox1de for giving me information.
You're welcome. Though it's a shame that you are not so forthcoming. You don't even answer direct questions, even if asked a second time...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Oman »

I'll try to get Ox1de/Looker connections as well. Actually I have a lot to get on Ox1de that I said I would.

However, moving house + medical issues + medical-issues-with-flying-can-I-Continue-course etc, has left me with little time. I'll do my best.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by 0x1de »

All I was going to say was that just because she put two comments in the same post doesn't mean they were connected. I'm surprised that you all ignore the obvious explanation (telling partner who to kill) and focus on the less likely cause. Which also depends on Looker breaking the rules.

Anyway, I'm moving house too. I probably won't have internets for a week or two. Since Oman has enough on his plate already, why don't we bring this game to an early end? I've really enjoyed it and it's been a great intro to the world of mafia. You guys and those that got killed made it so.

vote: GreenDude

Obviously he will vote me and Oman has the decider. Oman will probably hammer me, but I'd rather be right than win (if you see what I mean).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote Greendude

Oman is the decider you are correct.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay...so where do I go with this game:

Firstly, this game was played excellently on pretty much everyone's part. As an IC I am really proud of the quality I saw here. As a player, I really enjoyed the bits of this game I wasn't in hospital for :)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Oman »

Dammit! Accidentaly submitted instead of saving the above. Anyway, I was the scums, thats two for Greendude, and should be the end of the game. Once hiphop calls it I have every intention of doing an IC Q&A/Debrief for anyone who wants to be involved. Its voluntary, but recomended, as there are several things I really wanted to bring up in post game.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Well, that went really slow towards the end. And then very sudden.

I did say in my "testament" someone should look through my interactions with Oman. Anyway, next time I'm going to go with Albert's advice and play like him: sink your teeth into someone and don't let go. It'd have won here.
V/LA until finals are over.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”