Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Amished »

@Net a third time: What about my play was erratic to you?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Netopalis wrote:To what are you referring, Saberwolf?
every game ive played where someone has asked somebody to claim, everyone jumps on him and goes: "oh, you're rolefishing, asking people to claim is scummy!"

I pull that off here, and I get labeled as scum for it...
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Amished »

Circumstances. He was likely to get to L-1 (typical claim time) and with NK immune miller vig (gogo Oman, btw, though I'm not sure where he got the title from) it's unlikely to save at a very crunch time (L-1, somebody is almost sure to hammer just due to the miller part of it).

Otherwise if you ask people to claim unnecessarily, you're helping scum either find power roles as town (which is stupid enough to get lynched for) or you're scum looking for power roles (which you deserve to be lynched for).

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

looker wrote:unvote
vote Fuzzy
Any reason for the Fuzzy vote looker?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

So if we have a NK immune miller vig, do you thinkwe have any of the other stuff in Rule 19 (cults, jesters etc.) This question is to everyone btw
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Amished »

*sigh* ^ that is the wrong circumstance to rolefish, and is extremely scummy. Do not answer that question.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Amished »

I honestly don't know which of you two I'd rather vote for. I don't think it matters anymore, so if either of you (saber or Doom) get a higher wagon, I'll vote for you in a heartbeat.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Amished - I was primarily talking about the stuff earlier where you were attacking people without providing a very solid reasoning behind it. One example is you attacking me for not specifying anybody that I found scummy, although you've made similar attacks. I just find that to be rather spastic, almost.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Amished »

Should I need more than something I view to be a solid scumtell to attack you?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Netopalis »

No, but I only need to find your supposed scumtells to be spurious to find your play erratic.

Also: I really want to stress since a few people have just called me a vig that I am a ONE-SHOT vig. Just so you all know.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Netopalis »

EBWODP: Also: In response to when I will be using that vig, I am going to use it at a time when:

A) I think I have a reasonable case against someone and
B) When I don't think the mafia will be expecting me to use it.

A because I don't think that there's a lot of value in a speculative vig and B because I want to make sure that there are multiple kills that night in order to confirm my role.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Amished »

You really think that a) the mafia would decide to no-kill in an effort to make you look more lynchable *as a nk-immune miller vig* and b) that the "theme" of each kill wouldn't be different as to figure out if it fell into a pattern or not?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Amished »

@Mod: Could you prod Archon? Approaching 48 hours at this point, and said he'd have content yesterday without actually giving content

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I hadn't considered B. A, I think, is entirely likely....My role gives me the potential to essentially develop into a confirmed innocent who can't be done away with, depending on the other roles in the game.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

You can never really 'confirm' a miller since any role/investigative info on him is inaccurate.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Amished »

Really only an insane cop would get an "innocent" but that's still beside the point as you *could* just be an NK-immune SK and lying about your one-shot. The fact that we'll never *know* until it's much too late is what I'm thinking the scum will bank on, or you will and we really can't trust you (net).

No, my name is not "Ed."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Sanity aside if the cop figured out his sanity the miller's alignment would be the opposite of a townie's. You summarized the point I wanted to make in your post however Amished.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Geez. I go to work and there's five pages? Seriously. Quick notes before I go to bed:

1) 265 is the most sensible post in regards to the claim. Seems like it took forever for someone to realize it. I am a believer in early vig claims, and I think the shot should be taken early as well. Mafia is a numbers game and reducing the lynch pool is an effective strategy. That said, Net cannot be taken to a lylo situation,
FoS
to those stating it good for him to wait until an assumed mylo/lylo, and I propose the simplest option- Net self vig's night one. Problem solved. Thoughts?

2) Amished/saber hurts my brain though I will certainly lynch saber first. Amished seems to at least have sprinklings of protown material in his posts.

3) I do see the doombunny/saber connection and so I can support lynching out of those two, however, Looker seems to be asking for a policy lynch.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, I'm going to go ahead and take a self-vig N1 off the table for two reasons. Firstly, it wouldn't actually do anything because I'm NK-immune and secondly, it takes options away from the town. You can trust me or not, and I'll generally use my option at the discretion of the town, but that's just ridiculous.

As for the thing about a confirmed town, I see what you're saying...I wasn't aware that SKs were commonly NK-immune (Like I said, rather new to the site and I haven't played a great deal with certain roles).

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

^^ One of my problems with this claim is personified here. You seem to be playing a whole handful of "noob" cards to avoid responsibiliity for the claim. You say you wanted to claim "early" but the claim occurred at L-2. You say you're noob to the role of miller, but give the impression that you have read extensively on themed game strategy. Also, why didn't you research the role when you recieved it? Any amount of miller research would reveal the "first post" claiming strategy. I can pull quotes for this if someone needs them, but an iso read should reveal the wishy washiness regarding Net's experience level.

By simply claiming miller you could have used your other abilities to towns advantage. As it stands, if you are who you say you are, then you are going to be nothing more than a distraction unless scum is extremely vanilla. Having watched the ani,e, I highly doubt that. I'm fine with you taking a shot, but you definitely should be lynched at some point. The only thing which confirms players in this game is a sane "godfatherless" investigation, or a flip.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

Two things. First, I was at L2 for lurking and it is likely that the votes would have been removed upon more posting on my part.

Second, I was getting my information from the wiki. The wiki does not include a discussion of the D1 claim, although there is one sentence in there that hints at it. I didn't know that it was an established "rule", though.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

1) 265 is the most sensible post in regards to the claim. Seems like it took forever for someone to realize it. I am a believer in early vig claims, and I think the shot should be taken early as well. Mafia is a numbers game and reducing the lynch pool is an effective strategy. That said, Net cannot be taken to a lylo situation, FoS to those stating it good for him to wait until an assumed mylo/lylo, and I propose the simplest option- Net self vig's night one. Problem solved. Thoughts?
the NK immune seems to be...problematic for that maybe?

Neto's second reason for not self vigging is weaksauce.
By simply claiming miller you could have used your other abilities to towns advantage. As it stands, if you are who you say you are, then you are going to be nothing more than a distraction unless scum is extremely vanilla. Having watched the ani,e, I highly doubt that. I'm fine with you taking a shot, but you definitely should be lynched at some point. The only thing which confirms players in this game is a sane "godfatherless" investigation, or a flip.
True enough. I've already explained why I lean "PROBABLY true" on him though.

Second, I was getting my information from the wiki. The wiki does not include a discussion of the D1 claim, although there is one sentence in there that hints at it. I didn't know that it was an established "rule", though.
It's argued back and forth, actually.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Netopalis »

Actually, it only discusses it in light of a death miller, which I am not.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:23 am

If there was a death miller I might cry.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, I just reread the article...It's not the part about the death miller, it's about the uninformed miller.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”