Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Amished »

Well, that actually makes sense. Alexander Anderson first appeared in episode.. 4 I believe. Immune to being killed early on, looks like scum to the hellsing organization, able to kill rather effectively. Wouldn't be an SK as he only goes after evil...

Claim status: Believed. You better pick a good player to choose, and it's theory debatable that you should wait with your 1 night-vig. Doing it now makes it less likely that you'll hit scum, but it will also help narrow the suspects for the duration of the game. Doing it later, while being more likely to hit scum (assuming all mislynches) also adds to it being more detrimental if you miss scum.

I've been sick so I'm home from work.. We'll get people back tonight.

Question for everybody: Who has watched Hellsing (either watched the anime, read the anime, or watched the OVAs, or any combination of the three?)

Also, lol at rule 18 and 19. Go back and read them if you want. Further evidence that the claim (I think) should be believed.

One last thing: @Net: what about my playstyle did you think was erratic?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

Post by saberwolf »

answer to amish's question: completely oblivious to everything about it >.>
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Question for everybody: Who has watched Hellsing (either watched the anime, read the anime, or watched the OVAs, or any combination of the three?)
Watched the anime and OVAs. I want to read the manga, but yeah.

At any rate, I think he should wait until assumed lylo to shoot. It gives us an extra chance.

As for Rule 19, that actually makes me less inclined to believe the claim.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Amished »

Yes, role doesn't indicate alignment, but think about a miller. They're a miller because they turn guilty. 18 says that he can put a nk-immune miller vig in. Why would he be a miller if he was already guilty to begin with? And why would he claim if he wasn't worried about turning a guilty?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Amished »

In other words, a "guilty" miller would turn innocent, so could pull off being cleared through an investigation. In that regard, you could just be a one shot vig (hiding NK status, for obvious pro-town reasons). To claim miller, while the mod said that he can put one in, makes sense from a pro-town reason.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I realize that the fact that it's in the initial post does make my claim less believable. However, I can only work with what I'm given. Perhaps this also means that we need to be expecting Jesters, Revivers, Etc. In fact, that may be a thinly veiled open setup...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by saberwolf »

or he's scum, claiming miller as a pre-cover should he ever get inspected.

but you guys claim he role and name fits. I know nothing about this, so I'll just trust you guys.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

You're less than inhuman. A pitiful defect. A failed science project. Sending you back to your maker would be an act of mercy.

Votecount 3 of Day 1:

(
The “
Rule 18
” Votecount
)

forbiddanlight
(0):
Netopalis
(2):
Looker, Konowa

Amished
(1):
saberwolf

fuzzylightning
(0):
Konowa
(0):
Shotty to the Body
(0):
Chaco
(0):
Archon
(1):
Archon

Looker
(0):
kikuchiyo
(0):
Doombunny9
(1):
forbiddanlight

saberwolf
(4):
Shotty to the Body, Chaco, kikuchiyo, Amished

your mother
(1):
Doombunny9

Not voting
(2):
Netopalis, fuzzylightning

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone to hell.

Deadline for D1 will hit Friday, October 23, at 8pm EST. This is a fixed deadline, so it will not be extended barring extreme circumstances.

Last edited by Kairyuu on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Amished »

The only question is the one typical of most theme games: was his name a safe-claim provided by the mod.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Amished - that'll have to be decided about every single claim, as I can almost guarantee that in a game of this type, the mafia was given safeclaim names.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Amished »

@Sabre: but you have to look at the rest of his claim too. 1 shot vig. If he's scum, then he's limiting the amount of kills they can do (directly against their wincon, basically); and here's where an early kill comes in more handy. 2 kills N1 (scum and him) and then 1 kill N2 (just scum, as he's claimed 1 shot) makes him more clear, as even an SK would be going against their wincon by not killing when they could. Mods balance duration based on how many mislynches and townie kills happen per night, assuming all town kills. To extend the time that they have to make a mistake harms them as well, and we're already looking at him as having that killing power.

This is why I favor an early (N1 or N2) kill, so that we can differentiate between kills and hopefully help to prove innocence or guilt. I'd say wait til N2 (more likely to hit scum, etc..) which also prevents his hypo-SK self from killing right away (harming his wincon in that situation) and allowing us more time to evaluate people for directing him (if that's what we want to do, debatable).

@Net's crosspost: Yeah, I know, I'm just putting it out there as Sabre looks newbie and might not know how most theme games work.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Amished »

Also, with roles flavor not necessarily indicating alignment, why would they need safeclaims?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, this is my first theme game, but I've read that they can be very vulnerable to massclaims?

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ok, theres a lot to read through but I'll try to make this post quick. @Sabers question- Amished is my #1 choice because of his bad and unsupported reasons for voting but he seems to have settled down so I'm thinking he's getting better at this point. Second would be you tied with all the semi lurkers (the people that post but not too much or people with really small posts). Finally would be Neto (see below)

This is the only question I found directed to me but I did skim through a few so if I missed your question than please ask me again.

As for Netos claim. I'm skeptical about it because of it being on the rules page so it could be used as a reason to get people to beleive him but I trust him for now. I'll still be watching him closly though and I'll treat him like anyone else.

Finally, I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier but I still have my RVS vote on so I will
unvote
for now.

To Amisheds question (about any resources I have)-I haven't seen any of the shows or read the anime but I do have a good resource I can check if I need to see something so that shouldn't be too much of a problem for me.

Also Neto, I think you should shoot on the day before expected mylo/lylo becasue it gives us maximum chances to hit mafia without the possibility of losing.

Anyway, I'd post more now but I have to leave, I'll get back in about 2 hrs
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

One more quick thing, I don't like how forbiddan thinks neto is "almost clear". People are either clear or not and Neto is far from clear.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

One more quick thing, I don't like how forbiddan thinks neto is "almost clear". People are either clear or not and Neto is far from clear.
Explain why this dichotomy is true?

I can show you why it's false.

People can be quite close to clear based on a convergence of factors including the meta of this site (in this case), without being fully clear because I'd rather not excuse bad actions so quickly. Oh, and the fact that Kairyuu's modding style takes after Tar's and you bet your ass there are falseclaims if he's as loyal to that sort of layout as I'm thinking.

But anyway, I'm inclined to believe that someone new to the site wouldn't realize the significance of NK immune Miller vig.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Uh...You're right, I absolutely don't. Is it a reference to a previous game?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Uh...You're right, I absolutely don't. Is it a reference to a previous game?
What was it...Oman's title? Or was it Thok?
-StrangerCoug

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Looker »

unvote
vote Fuzzy

saberwolf's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902245#1902245]Post 231[/url] wrote:or he's scum, claiming miller as a pre-cover should he ever get inspected.

but you guys claim he role and name fits. I know nothing about this, so I'll just trust you guys.
No, not trusting. I really don't want a game of "1-2-3 not it".
Sumbody's
gotsta be scum.
Amished's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902320#1902320]Post 236[/url] wrote:Also, with roles flavor not necessarily indicating alignment, why would they need safeclaims?
Okay, let me think this through. This is why I don't like the claiming crap until someone gets L-1, it's too much to deal with and it halts town. Not to be anxious or anything, but now I'm confused.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Looker, to explain my action, basically I knew that if I claimed that role after being pressured into a claim-or-die situation, the town would find it to be far too convenient of a claim to be reasonable. Still, I knew that with the NK immunity, it was probably a good idea to wait until later. As the day dragged on, though, I began to realize more and more that the first concern outweighed the second, so I decided to claim earlier rather than later.

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by saberwolf »

I think it's a reasonable claim. I believe Neto.
Show

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Chaco »

This game shot into activity during my nap.

First off: Isn't this supposed to be a slightly bastard modded game?

@Amished: I have watched Hellsing.

@Net: Your claim is believable.

@All: I'm going to read better now before posting more player specific thoughts.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Yeah I seem to have missed like five pages. I watched the anime a long time ago, I've been watching the OVAs recently (just finished 2) with friends and I've never read the manga in answer to Amished. I think it will be rather easy to tell if Net is telling the truth, it doesn't really make sense as a scum-claim or an SK-claim even though I could see Anderson fulfilling either role, he's kind of a psychopath in the first OVA. Just a head's up my vote is still on Saber for a reason, I haven't forgotten about it and after the re-read I like it more. His reactions to people asking for a claim pretty much sealed the deal for me.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

why is it in any other game people asking for a claim would make them scummy, but in this case the one who doesn't like those asking for a claim is suspect? :S
Show

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Netopalis »

To what are you referring, Saberwolf?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”