Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:Based on 100, Saber is Doom's scumbuddy. As such, I think Saber is trying to keep a more powerful role alive by not voting for him. Net's first post is why I think he's scum, as well as not participating at all either.
Wait what, saber made a joke so that makes us scum? Expand.
Amished wrote:Unvote
Vote: Netopalis
And then you switch your vote so you can hop on the bandwagon.
Amished wrote:You're all scum, so it doesn't matter who I really vote for. Net's 144 is scummy enough to make me the most confident that he's scum out of all 3 of you. No suspects = scum. There's plenty to go on.
We're all scum? What makes you so sure of that. Unless you have some godly power that lets you know who all scum are at the beginning of the game or are maf yourself (and are faking other people as scum) I don't see how you can be so sure about how we're all scum.

No suspects =/= scum unless it's really late in the game. When the game started and we were all random voting did we have any real suspects? No, of course we didn't so that makes us all scum?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Amished »

Any time past RVS you can have suspicions. You don't have to vote for those suspicions, but you certainly have them, unless you're scum.

I've already explained why joking is scummy.

I've also already explained why I view each of you to be scum.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 am

Post by saberwolf »

ok in order:

I still tend to bring a lighter side to the game, just so that I don't get completely bored or go totally mad from uncertainty throughout the game, but it is significantly less during the game, yes. I was [still is] the class idiot, the one who always calls out with some stupid remark, so its kinda second nature for me to do it here.

I have played with others here other than konowa, but he's an interesting character, and if I remember right, he's usually voted for me first in our games, so I wanted to try to vote him first, and I failed yet again ;_;

Third, you told me not to answer this question btw, but whatever, but wouldnt voting for him cause he voted for me seem OMGUS in that instance? Also, I think I already did answer this question.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Nice triple post :P
Amished wrote:At a glance, Forb and Konowa haven't posted a lot, and are being the "best" lurkers.
Do you find them scummy for lurking?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Amished »

Also, 144 was super scummy enough for make me vote for him first above you and sabre. I don't care how many votes were on him or becoming on him at the time.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Amished »

179 was @Doom as well.

@Doom: Not yet, as I've not been able to post/haven't posted as both alignments. If I have a hard time getting a read on the active players (or think they're all mostly townish), I'll go after a lurker. Until then, I'll go after who I think is scummy through their posts, which is what I'm doing now.

@Sabre: I meant don't answer the "how is that logical" question. If you've played with other people, why didn't you vote for them instead of going after Chaco for a different random reason? The fact that you're worried that an RVS would look scummy and OMGUSy also pegs you as scum. Thank you again.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:Any time past RVS you can have suspicions. You don't have to vote for those suspicions, but you certainly have them, unless you're scum.
Scum do have "suspicions" I put that it quotes meaning that they will claim to have suspicions to get people lynched. Scum gains nothing from not voting.
Amished wrote:I've already explained why joking is scummy.
Ok, I must've missed that part. Can you please tell me what post it was so I can find it. I can't find it by skimming through.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 am

Post by saberwolf »

Never said I was worried about being seen as OMGUS, reread the sentence. I simply wanted to beat him to the punch, and by being the second to vote, it took all of the point and fun out of my vote, making my vote appear OMGUS and nothing else. I swear though, one game I will vote konowa first...hehehe...
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:The fact that you're worried that an RVS would look scummy and OMGUSy also pegs you as scum. Thank you again.
Ok, I do have to agree with this. Saber- Why are you so scared of OMGUSing in the RVS?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Netopalis »

Amished wrote:Also, 144 was super scummy enough for make me vote for him first above you and sabre. I don't care how many votes were on him or becoming on him at the time.
You still have not said why this is super scummy. You just keep saying that it is. So, I don't have any suspicions...big whoop, ya wanna fight about it?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Nevermind my last question as you just answered it. It does seem you don't like to OMGUS still though...
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Amished »

Yes, but town always have suspicions. Scum have a harder time putting them down as it hurts their ability to mislynch. If they don't post suspicions early, they can hop on and add whatever they want later on and the town will have nothing to go on to say that they're backtracking to a mislynch when it's obvious that they are. Town always have logical reasons for their vote switching, and can put them out at a moments notice. It's another thing scum have trouble with.

Are you really going to argue theory instead of pushing against me or with me?

167 is my opinion on jokes.

@Net: Yes, you not having suspicions is why I'm voting for you. I don't care if we fight, as long as you get lynched, scum.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Neto wrote:You still have not said why this is super scummy. You just keep saying that it is. So, I don't have any suspicions...big whoop, ya wanna fight about it?
He said it was scummy because you didn't think anyone was scummy in your post. I agree though. Big whoop. No suspects =/= scummy
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Amished wrote:Yes, but town always have suspicions. Scum have a harder time putting them down as it hurts their ability to mislynch. If they don't post suspicions early, they can hop on and add whatever they want later on and the town will have nothing to go on to say that they're backtracking to a mislynch when it's obvious that they are. Town always have logical reasons for their vote switching, and can put them out at a moments notice. It's another thing scum have trouble with.
But town doesn't always have "You have to be scum" suspicions. Sometimes town only thinks people are slightly scummy or slightly townish.

Also Amished, What if someone made jokes while progressing the game? Would you still think that would be scummy?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am

Post by saberwolf »

ok guys, unless we missed something, we need to leave amished alone for now and focus on new angles.

Doombunny9: who are your top 3 suspects and why? Who would you like to see more posting from?

Neo: Who are your top 3 suspects and why? What part of the game do you best scumhunt?
Show

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Amished »

@Doom (188): I agree completely. However, Net didn't even give those. If you made a joke, while also asking questions/answering questions that does help the game along, that's fine.

@Sabre: How do you feel about me then? You don't want to keep messing with me, but your vote is still on me. Have I changed at all in your suspicions? Why or why not?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Netopalis »

Top 3 suspects....

The only one that I honestly have a case on is Amished. Not an OMGUS, just an attack on his erratic play.

1) Amished

The other two are rather tenuous and gut-based....so no real backup of these ones. Also, I reserve the right to change them for little to no reason whatsoever.

2) Kikuchyo
3) Shotty to the Body

Wish I had more to say on those. I guess to understand my mentality, you need to understand that I'm a law student. I hate attacking people until I have a reason. Once I have a reason, I am rather relentless in my attacks. I do abide by the standard, though, of innocent until proven guilty. My best gameplay is generally late-game, although I can be useful in the midgame too - essentially, when there is a lot of information about connections between players and night actions.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 am

Post by saberwolf »

Amish: I have conflicted views on you. I still don't like your reasoning, but I feel you have done well during our exchange. I don't want to tunnel you, so I'm moving on to other possibilities and checking out other people and posts. For all I know, you could be right about one of us three, so might as well explore other options too. My vote still stays just because of its initial reason still stands, that your reasons were stupid IMO and seemed opportunistic. I respect everything you have said since then and have done a good job of replying and asking stuff. I don't have a reason to switch my vote, so it will stay.

Guess I could ask you the same question Amnish: what are your thoughts on me?
Show

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Netopalis »

Both as a way of sparking discussion for the town and as a way of answering a question that I have as a newbie to more advanced games, I have a question for everyone.

I have an incredibly improbable role. You might be able to call it a power role...it is extremely useful, but not in the usual way. That being said, if I claim it under threat of lynch, I am almost positive that nobody will believe said claim. Is claiming worthwhile or no? Normally, I wouldn't ask this question, but it's a claim that I think is practically unprecedented and *may* have been in the Worst Roles Ever thread....
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Amished »

@Net: What do you feel about my play is erratic?

@Sabre: Your responses haven't changed my opinion of you in the slightest.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Amished »

@Net: Along miller lines (a highly bastardized role) typically claiming is reserved for first post material. Or play so pro-town that you draw a NK instead of an investigation so as to not mess with any investigation roles. With roles that are similarly bad/worse, I'd say one of those two were going to be your options. As you've blown both of them, I'd say claim as soon as possible to get everyone weighed in so that we can all analyze it.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, I'm rather new and not familiar with bad role strategy. It is along those same lines. However, I would like to hear other players' opinions first.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Eh, go ahead and claim. You're 75% there already.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:26 am

Post by saberwolf »

Netopalis wrote:Both as a way of sparking discussion for the town and as a way of answering a question that I have as a newbie to more advanced games, I have a question for everyone.

I have an incredibly improbable role. You might be able to call it a power role...it is extremely useful, but not in the usual way. That being said, if I claim it under threat of lynch, I am almost positive that nobody will believe said claim. Is claiming worthwhile or no? Normally, I wouldn't ask this question, but it's a claim that I think is practically unprecedented and *may* have been in the Worst Roles Ever thread....
don't tell me you're about to claim tree stump.... :P

You seem to be hinting at a day vig or a JOAT, but I'm not going to speculate on this.

It would depend on the circumstances, and the fact that you are softclaiming this early in the game is disturbing.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:27 am

Post by saberwolf »

forbiddanlight wrote:Eh, go ahead and claim. You're 75% there already.
Don't like this at all.

Seems like a scum attempt to find VIPs to pick off.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”