Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

Quit twisting my words. I never said that attacking lurkers is scummy. You've made it sound like I have been lurking when I have not. It has been the weekend where most people normally have plans. I think your tactic of accusing people for having a life on their weekend is scummy. Now, if someone goes from last Weds until tomorrow or tonight for that matter without posting, then I consider that to be scummy.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:Quit twisting my words. I never said that attacking lurkers is scummy. You've made it sound like I have been lurking when I have not. It has been the weekend where most people normally have plans. I think your tactic of accusing people for having a life on their weekend is scummy. Now, if someone goes from last Weds until tomorrow or tonight for that matter without posting, then I consider that to be scummy.
Well, I think claiming you were busy when you were posting in other games is scummy. :shrug:
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Starbuck, StrangerCoug, Crazy, semioldguy, fuzzylightning
Gorrad (2) - kmd4390, Brandi
Brandi (2) - Gorrad, MonkeyMan576
Crazy (1) - ZONEACE
fuzzylightning (1) - chamber

Not Voting (1) - Jazzmyn
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Okay, I have finally managed to sneak in some time to catch up.

I can see where players are coming from with regard to Monkey. Some of his actions certainly do come across as scummy, especially the sitting out in protest bit. I really don’t care much for some of the insulting comments that have been bandied about, as I think the game can be played without them, but as I said earlier “this is not the snugglenet,” the game can get a bit rough sometimes. Players need to have a bit of a thick skin, but it doesn’t do any good to have things devolve into a slanging match of insults. That said, it is inappropriate to “sit out” the game in protest, because non-participation is anti-town. Monkey is back from his “protest” now, though, and I am just not getting a scum read on him. Rather, I get more of an impression of someone not dealing well with being dumbfounded and perhaps shocked at having so many votes on him so quickly on Day 1, that stemmed from his seemingly innocuous random vote.

Chamber, on the other hand, came in, dropped a fourth vote on Monkey and then quickly unvoted. Ever since then, he seems to be either defending or buddying up to Monkey, and voting for those who have criticized and voted for Monkey. He also casts votes without explanations and says he doesn’t give reasons along side votes. (I don’t even know what a “side vote” is but voting without reasons is not helpful to the town). He comes across strongly as scummy to me.

Regarding Gorrad, I’m still not sure that I understand his rationale for saying that it was "stupid" for KMD to call Gorrad’s actions scummy, and saying that it was "scummy" for Brandi to call Gorrad’s actions “odd” but maybe that's just me.

Zoneace is pretty much missing in action; he has made only 3 posts, none of them with any substance, so I cannot get any read on him one way or another.

In the result, I am going to

Vote: Chamber

Regards,
Jazz
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@Monkey
If you have suspects why aren't you making cases against them or doing any real scum-hunting? How is withholding your suspects and not trying to catch them in a slip, etc. a pro-town way of playing?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Quit twisting my words. I never said that attacking lurkers is scummy. You've made it sound like I have been lurking when I have not. It has been the weekend where most people normally have plans. I think your tactic of accusing people for having a life on their weekend is scummy. Now, if someone goes from last Weds until tomorrow or tonight for that matter without posting, then I consider that to be scummy.
Well, I think claiming you were busy when you were posting in other games is scummy. :shrug:
Coming from you, Mr. "I'm not gonna post in here because everyone's being mean to me, but I'll post in all the rest of my games just not this one because I'm throwing a temper tantrum" doesn't really fly.

So pretty much because I caught up on my other games first, you are trying to say that I'm scummy? How about not using outside the game influences? I've been here and I've been active. I think you are just bitter.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Coming from you, Mr. "I'm not gonna post in here because everyone's being mean to me, but I'll post in all the rest of my games just not this one because I'm throwing a temper tantrum" doesn't really fly.

So pretty much because I caught up on my other games first, you are trying to say that I'm scummy? How about not using outside the game influences? I've been here and I've been active. I think you are just bitter.
So which was it, were you busy IRL or busy catching up in games? Mock me all you want, but you're the one that's been caught in a lie.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

And since lying is about as anti-town as you can get(you're lying about one or the other), I'll

Unvote:
Vote: Starbuck
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I was catching up on all my games yesterday, because I was busy over the weekend. Apparently, that's too much for your brain to handle?

Nice OMGUS btw.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 am

Post by semioldguy »

Hey MonkeyMan576, would you mind not ignoring Post 204?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:16 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote:@Monkey
If you have suspects why aren't you making cases against them or doing any real scum-hunting? How is withholding your suspects and not trying to catch them in a slip, etc. a pro-town way of playing?
I'm not withholding my suspects. I've been doing quite a bit of scum-hunting, especially compared to you.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:20 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

From what I have seen, you have done a bunch of pouting and arguing with Starbuck and very little in the way of scumhunting. So I don't understand why you won't try and make a case against somebody that amounts to more than, people on my wagon have been lurking other people should do something about it.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

fuzzylightning wrote:From what I have seen, you have done a bunch of pouting and arguing with Starbuck and very little in the way of scumhunting. So I don't understand why you won't try and make a case against somebody that amounts to more than, people on my wagon have been lurking other people should do something about it.
I think wagon-lurking is a pretty significant scum-tell. Especially if you're the one that's starting the wagon, then you drop out of the discussion and just wait for more votes to pile on without contributing to the discussion, and then lie about your external circumstances. But that's just me.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: I think wagon-lurking is a pretty significant scum-tell. Especially if you're the one that's starting the wagon, then you drop out of the discussion and just wait for more votes to pile on without contributing to the discussion, and then lie about your external circumstances. But that's just me.
vote monkey. sorry, my communist iguana, joshua, just died. twice.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:57 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:Why wouldn't you read through the other posts before just voting?
Because I'm scum, obviously... :roll:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I'm not withholding my suspects. I've been doing quite a bit of scum-hunting, especially compared to you.
I'd like you to point out the posts that you were scum hunting because apparently, for the rest of us, it's really hard to tell.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I'd like you to point out the posts that you were scum hunting because apparently, for the rest of us, it's really hard to tell.
I'm scumhunting on you right now.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck's wording really strikes me as odd, in addition to her lurking and lying. Nearly every post she is trying hard to paint my alignment, rather than allowing people to come to their own conclusions, and now she's speaking for other players as well.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

And failing miserably. But keep tunneling. It's okay.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Crazy »

Okay, I read the thread.

I still think Monkey is scummy for what I said earlier about the RVS. And yes, I do find it unlikely that Monkey would read some of the RVS but not enough to see Starbuck's vote. This is mainly because Starbuck's vote was right after Kmd's first post, and I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't focus on Kmd's post, since he was one that was actually saying stuff during the RVS.

The other main point against him is his protest. At least he stopped it, though; if he didn't I'd expect him to be an obv-lynch.

And I don't really like his vote jumping to SOG and Brandi. Both of those votes seemed for rather petty reasons.

I have to admit, though, that Starbuck's case on him is horrible. She just keeps citing his "overreaction" and his "appeals to emotion," neither of those being valid scum-tells.

(And Starbuck, you are being way more condescending than Monkey is.)

@chamber - What's the purpose of your fuzzylightning vote?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

So which was it, were you busy IRL or busy catching up in games? Mock me all you want, but you're the one that's been caught in a lie.
Thanks for convincing me that you're throwing crap at Starbuck to see what sticks. Nowhere on MS.net is there a rule that says you can't catch up on games before or after being busy with things in real life. Granted, she can't go to, for example, a pool parlor and check on her games there unless said parlor has a computer she's allowed to use, but this is a ridiculous thing to be attacking for.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:38 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

Thanks for convincing me that you're throwing crap at Starbuck to see what sticks. Nowhere on MS.net is there a rule that says you can't catch up on games before or after being busy with things in real life. Granted, she can't go to, for example, a pool parlor and check on her games there unless said parlor has a computer she's allowed to use, but this is a ridiculous thing to be attacking for.
I'm not "trying to see what sticks", I'm pointing out what I see as a valid point. She said she was busy IRL, but she had enough time to post in other games. There were active discussions going on in this games, it seems to me she was trying to avoid discussion and, yes, lurking. I think it's pretty scummy for someone who's leading a wagon to attack someone for not posting and then to not post themselves when it's convenient for them.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

Considering the main reasons Starbuck initially went after you are much different than the case currently on you (and the reasons I am voting for you), why do you continue to insist that the people on your wagon are blindly following when they are able to come up with their own individual reasons for finding you suspicious? I have come to my own conclusion. Starbuck is not preventing players from reaching their own conclusions, nor is she speaking for other players to the extreme you suggest; she has simply read the thread and points out what others have said since you seem to always miss it and continue to miss it.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Can someone sum up the Monkey case for me?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by chamber »

Can that someone be semioldguy specifically.
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”