California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

StarKiss wrote:*dodges prod by an inch*

Sorry, was away for a few days. Needless to say I expected at least one of my other heads to post something. I'll PM/Stab them both in a swift motion.

reading up

~Dram~
Except you weren't away. I know for a fact you have been posting elsewhere. Why come in and say you were away?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Gaspar »

Still reading...

Uhhhhh, there is just so much I hate about Talilan and their arguments. I really hate how they try to say elmoyos/gaspar are scum because they were "distancing." That is a horribly weak reason to condemn people as scum because you see a possible "distancing" relationship between them. You can call "distancing" a million different times in a game, it's so vague. Also, I really really hate when people use connections/relationships as a basis for calling a person scum. Until a person flips scum, this is not very useful and too open to manipulation.

The only thing that is making me think Talilan might be town is that KY Krew chose to switch with them. Would a scum KY chose their buddy to switch with or a townie? It's ripe with WIFOM, but it does give me pause. I would like to note that DGB and MO noted this conundrum in favor of seeing Talilan as town (information will only be useful here if Talilan is scum).

I am not sure I am willing to forget all the MANY reasons I think Talilan is scum just because KY KRew chose ot stunt them back here, but I am trying to be fair about it.

I wonder how the stunt ability works though. Is it possible KY Krew wanted to switch with a person of his same allignment? That the scum would want to keep numbers the same for some reason?

It's possible I just want to make this fit because I hate most of everything Talilan says.

~Elvis
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Gaspar »

Up to page 31, not sure I can read any more today, it's getting hard to pay attention...

It was good to have the between scenes stuff where more players commented, because most of d1 was a bunch of players who are now dead town, with Talilan being scummy next to them.

So far I am suspicious of:
Talilan
Hewitt
Thok
Starkiss

I thought it was funny how Hewitt ISO's himself in post 622, and does an uninsightful cliffnotes of his play as a way of defending himself.

I also think a number of people are pretty town. I would normally say who these people are but I think some people have been saying to keep that to ourselves? Maybe just during the in-between night time here?

I also wanted to say about mafiajinn, I think lynching him would be pretty much a crapshoot. My recent experience with SSK is that you cannot put any type of scummy behavior down as him actually being scum. And as for sajin I consider him much more competent, but I have seen him fake claim as town and get himself lynched, so I'm not sure if I can hold him to normal standards either. I know Glork said a bunch he wants mafiajinn dead, but I just think mafiajinn is a headache and I would rather concentrate my time on people I think I can actually read and deal with mafiajinn later.

~Elvis
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gaspar wrote:I also think a number of people are pretty town. I would normally say who these people are but I think some people have been saying to keep that to ourselves? Maybe just during the in-between night time here?
yeah, once the scene starts I think we should all unleash our full scumhunting abilities.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Thesp »

Add me to the list that thinks Talilan's posting diarrhea actively hurts the game/town's ability to scumhunt.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Talilan »

k, sorry for defending ourselves, we should have just submitted to Gaspy's craplogic and obnoxious playstyle and allowed ourselves to be lynched day two.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@Elvis- correct me if I am wrong but before I died with that fake claim I moved my lynch onto you as scum which was correct. I just could not sustain the fake claim the next day. I find it interesting that you are trying to shade me as a bad town player. Glad you remember me for it though.

Your last statement is curious as because recently Glork had changed his stance in the thread.

@SL- Several things transpired between my original statement and my vote. One of which was him being promoted stuntman, should we not have lynched him then, it would of been 2 days before we could attempt again.

Also, Elmosaurian did not answer my questions. He made general statements such as I think the majority of off camera people are scum yet never provided any backup when asked about it.

@thesp Why did you not even comment on the wanting to provide other signals and sporadically show up to green light the on camera?

-Sajin
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Talilan wrote:k, sorry for defending ourselves, we should have just submitted to Gaspy's craplogic and obnoxious playstyle and allowed ourselves to be lynched day two.
I said there were good points, but we need some space to examine all the other roaches. It would be nice if you diversified your own attention - especially since I believe you to be town.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Thesp »

Talilan wrote:k, sorry for defending ourselves, we should have just submitted to Gaspy's craplogic and obnoxious playstyle and allowed ourselves to be lynched day two.
what

This has nothing to do with Day 2, it has to do with feels like you're somewhere between 5-10 posts of
every
frickin' page (and long rambling posts, no less), which makes it impossible to keep up with much of the game, especially other players. Also, do you really think you would have been lynched on Day 2?
MafiaJin wrote:@thesp Why did you not even comment on the wanting to provide other signals and sporadically show up to green light the on camera?
Huh? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by StarKiss »

I was away for most of friday and saturday <_<
Additionally, I usually only check my watched topics for updates, so I forget the existence of this on a daily basis. I ought to add it to my watched on my real account

~Dram~
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Gaspar »

MafiaJin wrote:@Elvis- correct me if I am wrong but before I died with that fake claim I moved my lynch onto you as scum which was correct. I just could not sustain the fake claim the next day. I find it interesting that you are trying to shade me as a bad town player. Glad you remember me for it though.

Your last statement is curious as because recently Glork had changed his stance in the thread.
No I got you were lynched first then I was lynched the next day. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 73&start=0

Also, sorry if I said you were a bad player. I don't really mean that. I think I'm just letting my SSK frustrations out on you.

Also, me and Glork haven't discussed anything beyond when he thought elmoyos was going to flip scum, and he thought it would mean something about ckd. What it was supposed to mean, I don't remember. I'm just going by what I read him say in thread, and the first part of the game he wanted you deaddeaddead. If that changed I haven't gotten to it yet.

~Elvis
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Gaspar »

In my read I also noticed sotty had MRJellyLee down as leaning scum. That seemed odd to me but maybe that's because I already know he was town. He just seemed very good at strategizing and trying to help people think about the decisions and also to help analyze what the on-stage people were doing. He seemed to try to bring everyone's attention to possible scummy moves on-screen, stuff that others weren't paying attention to.

Was it reasonable to find MrJellyLee scummy?

~Elvis
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:14 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I don't really recall this, and when I looked at our posts in iso, I realized that this was in our 4th post, during scene one, which was a pretty early peliminary read by Sotty, that she actually did explain.

You read the game right? Why don't you tell us if you think it was reasonable or not? Trying to fish for a reaction from the town here on how it looks to everyone?

-Zachrulez
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Gaspar »

I just told you he seemed town to me but I may be biased since I KNOW he's town since he's dead. That's why I'm asking others what they thought... like before he was revealed town.

And, FTR, it was post 689 I'm talking about, which was page 28.

I really don't like how you are downplaying the importance of this read on MrJellylee, like since it was your fourth post it was so early in the game you shouldn't be held accountable. It may have been your fourth post only because you were onstage for scene one. When you came back and read the thread there were over 20 pages of info for you to read, which is a lot of info and should not be a preliminary read at all. And you put jellylee at "leaning scum."

~Elvis
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Falling Behind

The actors are set up for the next scene, but Mr. Grey isn't in his chair. The Director is reluctant to roll film without him. He looks to Mr. Grey's assistant, who just shrugs and shakes her head.

After a few moments of awkward silence, a golf cart (or at least something resembling a golf cart, but far more expensive) pulls up to the set and Mr. Grey hops out.

"Sorry, everyone. I should have known that scheduling two projects at the same time was a bad idea. Some talent needed... handling. Are we ready? Let's do this."

It is Scene 4. With 6 Off Stage, it will take 4 to lynch before the end of the Scene.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, now we're ready to go. Ckd, why did you choose who you chose for the off screen.
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:32 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

here was my list...checking to see who is where.

1. Gaspar
2. GoofballsAndBaloons
3. Mighty Orbots
4. Talilan
5. Panzerjager
6. StarKiss
7. PookyTheMagicalBear
and/or
8. ShadowLurker
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Thesp »

Why was Panzerjager put on stage?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 am

ok, so it looks like my list of 7 was excepted.

It was various reasons....people I felt need to be off stage, people I thought were scummy (needed a balance, but favored scummy going on stage), people I wanted to see how they would vote (on and off), people I felt were useless and would not provide content I sent.

biggest reason? I want to lynch DGB/Gaspar/Orbots. I think scum resides in this bunch. I had a feeling that if I left any of these people off stage, they would not lynch the other.

I had to leave one of Orbits or thesp and opted for thesp for the above reason.

had to leave mafiajin so the stunt person role could be assigned to him (not exposing the AP)

I had to stay...wanted to stay yesterday.

I know that whoever I picked would be attacked...goes with the job I think.

NOW, I want to talk about who we think is scummy and why.

I am not sure why Orbits is coming across so town....

Gaspar for his play and the fact he was attacking those voting mother (me mainly for the non hammer) BEFORE we found out if it was a good choice or not....

GBB, for their play on stage yesterday..she was distracting and mostly just spounting non sense. Also for her "taking up Ito's fight" before anybody on stage even knew what his alignment was. this seemed to me that she KNEW he was town and was trying (too early) to attach the kill to me. reread that attack, but imagine that Ito flipped scum....GBB seem informed.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am

Thesp wrote:Why was Panzerjager put on stage?
mostly process of elimination....and there were other people I would rather seen post here.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 am

Thesp wrote:Why was Panzerjager put on stage?
curious, who would you rather have seen go in his place?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:21 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

I really like EK's posts. Gaspar's posts always left me with this feeling of unease that I could not place, but EK's make sense.

Shame that Troll left the Hydra as I found Troll to be the more town/agreeable half.

Sajin could you explain the slight lurking?
I would not be up for a curiouskarmadog lynch today. The only time I didn't like his actions were yesterday's Scene 3 fiasco but otherwise, his behavior has been consistently protown.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SL wrote:I would not be up for a curiouskarmadog lynch today. The only time I didn't like his actions were yesterday's Scene 3 fiasco but otherwise, his behavior has been consistently protown
Why did you say this? As far as I know, nobody was even talking about a ckd lynch?

Also, I'd like to hear whatever conclusions you reached out of asking everyone their reasons for voting Crone.
YOUR AD HERE

hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 am

Post by hewitt »

Gaspar wrote:I thought it was funny how Hewitt ISO's himself in post 622, and does an uninsightful cliffnotes of his play as a way of defending himself.
Are you effing kidding me? I was asked to do that did you not read the posts before it?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:24 pm

actually, I dont think i would have issue with a starkiss lynch either.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”