dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

wow, everyone just... vanished and stuff.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

charter wrote:It's kind of funny, not very sure at all. I'm actually leaning more towards Balter since he's not playing like he normally does at town.

Balter, you're scum. What do you have to say about this?
Not much, I guess unless you give a case. I'm curious how I "normally play as town".
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, if I had something concrete, I'd post it, but you've been more on the offensive than when I've played you and you were town. Here you seem to be quicker to attack people.

Dramonic, please post something useful.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're free to meta me from my wiki, charter. I think I've played very badly in both of the games we have been in together and giving a strong offense is actually much closer to my normal town meta.

I agree about dramonic. Also, hohum needs to post, particularly since I just caught him as lurking scum in our last game together.
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:50 am

Post by charter »

What game?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You mean which games have we played in together or which games do I think I'm on the offensive in?
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:53 am

Post by charter »

The game you just caught hohum as lurkerscum in.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Here it is. Notice the weak attacks he launches on me after I nailed his buddy Day 1.
YOUR AD HERE

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Vote: Hohum

His behaviour toward my early wagon was scummy, and now he's gone in lurking (like half the player list)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:52 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Vote Count 1.5

*Charter-2 (Hohum, Scien)
Hohum-2 (Amished, dramonic )
KittyMo-1 (VP Balter)

Not voting
:KittyMo, Charter.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
Last edited by MiteyMouse on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 am

Post by charter »

Can you prod hohum mod?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hohum had been prodded!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Scien »

Charter wrote:No, there were a bunch of rhetorical questions in 138. You just repeat 'doesn't want hohum running his mouth' like three times.

There is a lot more to finding scum than listening to the spam of someone.
This irritates me. But that's okay I guess, you are not here to make me happy.

Let's try this again...
Charter wrote:I'll just answer for him, since he's probably going to spew some more BS. None of his reasons are valid.
Scien wrote:You don't want him to speak for himself? You are either emotional or scared. Let's see which.
What do you gain from not letting him speak. What do you gain from pushing that a certain person's voice is completely useless? Why do you think it would be better for him to sit in the corner and lurk rather than continue pushing a weak case if you truly believe him scum? Would not his over zealousness in pushing a weak case hasten his demise?
Charter wrote:You should probably just stop posting. It is impeding the process of finding scum.
Scien wrote:This post makes no sense. I've asked you about it before but I think it slipped through the cracks. If you think the dude is scum, you should want him talking as much as possible. Even if you think its a distraction, using his attack patterns, and votes, it may nod to his partner. Not to mention give you more ammo against him, if you are so certain. Wanting him to not talk, policy ignoring him, and answering for him, are ALL questionable plays. Weaksauce man.
Okay... lets try again. Do you think Hohum scum? Your vote is not placed so maybe not I guess... Why would you not like to hear more from him? Are you sure of his role one way or the other? I don't think you could be. Why shut him up if you don't know his role?
Charter wrote:I'm not reading your posts very carefully, that's for sure.
Scien wrote:ohrly
Why? Why does it aid the town to ignore any information? Why... as a townie... would you not be concerned, and examining anything someone was saying. Especially since that person was attacking you at the time, and you as a townie would have to determine if that was due to nefarious motives or not?
Charter wrote:There's no need to wagon hohum, he's already outed himself as scum.
Scien wrote:What about the reason of finding his partner?
Ah I see... so you think him scum. And yet are not examining his attacks and voting patterns? How exactly are you planning on finding his partner? You haven't been questioning anyone else in the mean time... You are waiting for him to point to his partner? Even though I make this sound negative... its really not. If you pressure him he might inadvertently point to his partner through actions.

What do you gain from "looking for a partner" without voting Hohum? Where are you currently looking for his partner? Why would your vote not aid you?
Charter wrote:I'd prefer if hohum just stops posting entirely
How does that help town?
Charter wrote:Finding hohum's partner will be easy. Lynch scum day one and powerroles win the game. When his eventual lynch comes 'round, his buddy will probably try and save him.
Then why the hell are you not voting for someone you believe scum?! This is not rhetorical...
Charter wrote:There is a lot more to finding scum than listening to the spam of someone.
I don't agree... but fair I guess. Where are you scum hunting at the moment? How do you plan on finding scum?
Kitty wrote:Charter: How sure are you that Hohum is scum?
Yes please.
Kitty wrote:Scien: What information would we get from lynching Dramonic, assuming he came up town?
He won't. But I will play your game. If he was town, you would have my push on him. That could be read as townie or scummy. I think it would eventually be read as townie because it would be risky for a scum to out themselves like that... but that is WIFOM.

You would have his wagon to look at. You would have the people outside the wagon to look at. The reasons each side gives could help.

You would have a scum night kill to examine. That might point somewhere to investigate.

I know that I would catch flack if he flips town. The scum will keep me alive for that reason. I am confident I could weather town retribution for it though, and we could continue with examine the other information we had.
Charter wrote:[On Hohum being scum] It's kind of funny, not very sure at all.
Charter wrote:There's no need to wagon hohum, he's already outed himself as scum.
I understand there is some benefit in laying extra pressure with overly zealous claims. But as much as you want someone that you "are not sure about" to shut up, how do you expect to make up your mind on him?
Dramonic wrote:wow, everyone just... vanished and stuff.
Welcome to weekends :D

Everywhere you see this symbol: '?' the phrase before it is a point I would like the parties to comment on. This is mainly directed at you Charter.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:
Vote: Hohum

His behaviour toward my early wagon was scummy, and now he's gone in lurking (like half the player list)
uh lurking? No.

Last time I posted was friday. Friday (last I checked) was right before the weekend. I do occasionally do other things besides sit in front of my computer over the weekend, so why don't you pick another lame reason to vote me.
VP Baltar wrote: But the original reason you found him scummy was proved erroneous, correct? You guys were having a pretty heated back and forth yesterday, how many of your listed reasons do you today think are indicative of him being scum?
The original reason for my vote was based on his unvote of dramonic. He made the unvote before Dramonic appeared in thread.

I decided to run with that. I then kept the pressure on under a false premise.

You could argue that the two are related, but I disagree. Even if you want to go with that argument, he dropped other scum tells in the process (question dodging, outright refusal to respond to me, answering questions on my behalf, telling me to STFU, very emotional and OMGUSy responses, etc, etc) so IMHO it was a productive argument.

Bottom line is charter needs to be lynched.

I've got my money on charter+dramonic right this second.
KittyMo wrote: Are you making these "predictions" just so if something you don't want to happen happens, you can say "haha I predicted it because you're obvscum?"
I was just trying to scumbait you. Please keep posting, because I have a null read on you.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:00 am

Post by dramonic »

You got a prod, therefore you lurked, it's not hard math, especially if you're only reason is "I was doing other stuff." It ain't hard to post "away for the weekend"
I'm a hoot
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:18 am

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:You got a prod, therefore you lurked, it's not hard math, especially if you're only reason is "I was doing other stuff." It ain't hard to post "away for the weekend"
Wrong.

I don't owe you an explanation if I'm going to disappear for a small amount of time. You're not the despot here and I don't answer to you; furthermore, I'm still within the stated posting guidelines of this game.

The mod's prod was simply out of curtosey.

Bolded part is for you:
Rule 3 wrote:
3. Please try to maintain more than the minimum standard for activity levels which is currently 1 post every 48 hours. If you go 48 hours without posting you will be prodded (as many times as necessary) and if you go 72 hours without posting you will be replaced.
Exceptions will be made for low activity periods such as weekends and holidays.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:32 am

Post by charter »

Prod Amished please

I am ~50% sure it is Balter and Amished. Scien is just totally lost. hohum is a total idiot. Kittymo is being attacked by Balter, while he is ignoring Amished, though they are both guilty of lurking. Dramonic is obviously town. I believe that is everyone.

vote Balter

He is launching little attacks at hohum from behind me. He is ignoring Amished's lurking while voting Kittymo for lurking. Amished has just active lurked and lurked, never played with him, so I don't know if this is par for the course or not. I am slightly more inclined to think Balter is scum (in case they are not buddies), so I will be voting for him.

This being said, we need more posts from both Amished and Kittymo.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:39 am

Post by hohum »

charter wrote: hohum is a total idiot
I'll go ahead and ad ad-hom to my list of reasons to push for your lynch. You're clearly incapable of having a conversation with me. Perhaps if you would spend a few minutes to humor me and give me a reason that you're not scum I'd be more inclined to listen to what you have to say to me.

Instead what you've been doing since the game began is throwing a temper tantrum in-thread. Calling me names, telling me to shut up. You're clearly have no capacity for conflict resolution and are completely incapable of having a civilized conversation with anyone. How is that even remotely pro-town?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ftr, I don't think hohum was lurking. I wanted to prod him a little bit to see his response, but he wasn't away that long.

Charter-The difference between the two of them is that KittyMo had literally posted NOTHING when I voted her. If you think that was some sort of serious vote, then you are truly lost. While I agree that Amished needs to post, categorizing these two as posting essentially the same amount is not an accurate representation.

It's funny that in the same post that you attack me for apparently launching a one sided lurker attack, you are quick to cover your tracks so you don't get called a hypocrite.
charter wrote:This being said, we need more posts from both Amished and Kittymo.
Also, why did you ignore the questions put to you by KittyMo and Scien?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:42 am

Post by charter »

Scien wrote:What do you gain from not letting him speak. What do you gain from pushing that a certain person's voice is completely useless? Why do you think it would be better for him to sit in the corner and lurk rather than continue pushing a weak case if you truly believe him scum? Would not his over zealousness in pushing a weak case hasten his demise?
I gain much enjoyability from the game. I do not value his opinions, and hence I lose nothing. I'm not really that sure of him being scum after reading the game Balter posted. He actually seemed like an intelligible human being in that one, this is the complete opposite.
Scien wrote:Okay... lets try again. Do you think Hohum scum? Your vote is not placed so maybe not I guess... Why would you not like to hear more from him? Are you sure of his role one way or the other? I don't think you could be. Why shut him up if you don't know his role?
I'm not very sure of him being scum. I don't really care to hear more from him. Not sure of his role. If he keeps posting like that, and is town, he is creating a giant wall of idiocy for scum to hide behind. He will mislynch himself. If he just stops posting, it becomes more difficult for him to do that, while at the same time, everyone else is free to hunt scum.
Why? Why does it aid the town to ignore any information? Why... as a townie... would you not be concerned, and examining anything someone was saying. Especially since that person was attacking you at the time, and you as a townie would have to determine if that was due to nefarious motives or not?
There's really no reason to read posts full of wrong like his are. All I get is frustrated and make posts like 'hohum is scum' because I can't imagine a townie making them. Once I just ignore his terrible posts, and focus on the rest of the game, scumhunting actually became much easier.

The answer to the rest of your questions is I made those posts after dealing with hohum, and it seemed impossible that someone pushing such terrible ideas could possibly be town. Once I reread ignoring his posts, I found things in Balter and Amished I think are scum, without considering hohum's posts.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 am

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:Charter-The difference between the two of them is that KittyMo had literally posted NOTHING when I voted her. If you think that was some sort of serious vote, then you are truly lost. While I agree that Amished needs to post, categorizing these two as posting essentially the same amount is not an accurate representation.
Why did you switch from voting dramonic (I assume not a serious vote) to voting Kittymo if that also was not a serious vote? That is why I thought it was serious, I don't understand why you'd throw multiple not serious votes around.
Also, why did you ignore the questions put to you by KittyMo and Scien?
I believe I answered them.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

charter wrote:Why did you switch from voting dramonic (I assume not a serious vote) to voting Kittymo if that also was not a serious vote? That is why I thought it was serious, I don't understand why you'd throw multiple not serious votes around.
By serious I mean intent to lynch. Both were serious in the sense that they had a purpose behind them.

Missed your response to kittymo and it looks like I ninja'd you on the Scein response.
YOUR AD HERE

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 am

Post by dramonic »

hohum wrote: I don't owe you an explanation if I'm going to disappear for a small amount of time. You're not the despot here and I don't answer to you; furthermore, I'm still within the stated posting guidelines of this game.
I'm not flaming you and in no way have I said you owe me an explanation. If you can do an effort to avoid being so high strung it'd be nice.

All I said was that you were absent for a period of time which you could have justified without going into details.

@Charter: If you don't plan to actually read what Hohum says then you're being excessively anti-town. Play the game well; put your frustration aside.
I'm a hoot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Charter, do you think all of hohum's posts in the game have been "horrible" or just the ones regarding you?
YOUR AD HERE

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:02 am

Post by hohum »

dramonic wrote:
hohum wrote: I don't owe you an explanation if I'm going to disappear for a small amount of time. You're not the despot here and I don't answer to you; furthermore, I'm still within the stated posting guidelines of this game.
I'm not flaming you and in no way have I said you owe me an explanation. If you can do an effort to avoid being so high strung it'd be nice.

All I said was that you were absent for a period of time which you could have justified without going into details.

@Charter: If you don't plan to actually read what Hohum says then you're being excessively anti-town. Play the game well; put your frustration aside.
I'm not high strung, you're manufacturing suspicion. Big no-no for a town-aligned player. It's not good enough for you to come after me based on the mistakes I've actually made -- you've got to invent reasons to justify your vote.

The premise of your vote is based on the fact that I'm lurking. You peppered in some bullshit about scummy behavior toward your wagon early on but notedly refused to go into any specific details, great way to cast doubt on me without actually giving me the opportunity to respond.

Return to “Completed Open Games”