Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Chaco »

Alright, Forbiddan. (Also, a side question. Do you have a preference on what you want your name shortened as? Some people gripe when I shorten it to things they do not like.)
saberwolf wrote:The problem with ending the RVS so early is we did not get an insight on every single player. Prematurely ending the RVS allows players and mostly scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked. If the RVS had been allowed to run a little longer, we would of maybe seen some interesting votes and reasons for them from EVERYBODY. Then we could of acted accordingly.
I disagree with your post Saber. It doesn't seem well thought out. I don't understand your logic behind: "players and scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked". You do realize that this would be taking place after the RVS? So you'd think that there would be no questions asked if a bandwagon were started right now?

Doesn't make much sense to me.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 2 of Day 1:

(
The "
Lynching a being not part of the game will result in a No Lynch
" Votecount
)

forbiddanlight
(0):
Netopalis
(0):
Amished
(0):
fuzzylightning
(0):
Konowa
(0):
Shotty to the Body
(1):
Chaco

Chaco
(1):
saberwolf

Archon
(3):
Looker, Archon, fuzzylightning

Looker
(0):
kikuchiyo
(1):
Doombunny9

Doombunny9
(1):
Netopalis

saberwolf
(2):
Konowa, Shotty to the Body

Kairyuu
(1):
forbiddanlight

Not voting
(2):
Amished, kikuchiyo

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone to hell.

Deadline for D1 will hit Friday, October 23, at 8pm EST. This is a fixed deadline, so it will not be extended barring extreme circumstances.

Modnote: I will attempt to get a votecount on every page, and as close to the top of the page as possible, for ease of access to the players.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am

Post by saberwolf »

Chaco wrote:Alright, Forbiddan. (Also, a side question. Do you have a preference on what you want your name shortened as? Some people gripe when I shorten it to things they do not like.)
saberwolf wrote:The problem with ending the RVS so early is we did not get an insight on every single player. Prematurely ending the RVS allows players and mostly scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked. If the RVS had been allowed to run a little longer, we would of maybe seen some interesting votes and reasons for them from EVERYBODY. Then we could of acted accordingly.
I disagree with your post Saber. It doesn't seem well thought out. I don't understand your logic behind: "players and scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked". You do realize that this would be taking place after the RVS? So you'd think that there would be no questions asked if a bandwagon were started right now?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Allow me to go into further depth.

Ok, so theoretically let's consider a scenario:

1. we continued the RVS cause archon didn't self vote. We all voted for each other, maybe two or three people ganged up on somebody's BW during the RVS, for pure random/funny reasons. We could then take everything that occured during the RVS once we got out of it, and then analyze it to determine sides, who likes/dislikes who, voting patterns, sometimes we can even take a person's reason for voting and pick it apart, claiming that it holds no real merit for whatever reason. The problem with skipping the RVS altogether is that we don't get a feel for the other players. By Archon self voting, and everyone else jumping on his BW, and claiming RVS is over, we miss that time to get to know everyone's initial gut readings, and instead of seeing everybody, we end up narrowing it down to two or three people. The whole point of RVS to me is so that we have an official meet and greet to start building reasons to start suspecting each other. No RVS make the possibility of a blind mislynch much more likely.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, Forbiddan. (Also, a side question. Do you have a preference on what you want your name shortened as? Some people gripe when I shorten it to things they do not like.)
I could care less. This is an outdated screenname anyway. I'm not like Virgilia (gapgapgap!)

(If there's anyway to get that changed, as an aside, I'm game)
"Lynching a being not part of the game will result in a No Lynch"
This does not guarantee you are not part of the game
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Chaco »

Now really what I meant, Saber. Elaborate upon this please. What you just gave entails wagoning during the RVS, but this quote entails after the RVS:
saberwolf wrote: Prematurely ending the RVS allows players and mostly scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked.
Just because this has piqued my interest now...
Unvote;Vote: Kairyuu
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:54 am

Post by saberwolf »

Ending a RVS with no RVS material gets rid of any possibility of scumslipping or scummy playing, therefore the only people that get targetted are the ones from the beginning [in this case archon], and everyone else not targetted can choose to follow or not follow, with no real fear of being a target, unless something really drastic happens.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks RVS is important? The only thing bad about an RVS is if it gets dragged out due to inactivity and such.

When Konowa gets back from V/LA, I'd like to hear his say on the self vote.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 am

Post by saberwolf »

oooo, I like this, a mod BW...lol....it won't stick, but I'd like to be part of it :P

unvote; vote: Kairyuu
Show

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I don't think trying to lynch the mod on D1 is a good idea. If we have some information that leads us to suspect he is part of the game and not just moderating it then I'd feel fine "lynching" him, but there's nothing to make us suspect that he is part of the game right now as far as I can see.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Chaco »

Well, what interested me was the title of the most recent vote count. I just wanted to see how that changed with more votes on Kairyuu.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

saber wrote:Ending a RVS with no RVS material gets rid of any possibility of scumslipping or scummy playing
Um, what? People can't be scummy on d1 if there's a quick RVS? Please explain. I do think RVS is important (due to reasons you've stated) however, I don't think it's game changing, no scum finding, OMG important.

The randomness of the RVS stage will not contribute that much on the game. There will most likely be no lynch as a cause of it and not a lot of scummy behavior in it (unless there's really stupid mafia).

Also, everyone on the mods BW please read the title of the last votecount. If you want a no lynch than please keep your votes on. Otherwise, TAKE THEM OFF!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 am

Post by saberwolf »

chill, I'm on the mod BW for the fun of it. I have no intention of seeing it through, but I'll keep my vote there until I see a worthy candidate.
Show

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Lynching Kairyuu will likely end in no lynch, just so you all know :s.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Chaco »

I don't want to lynch him. I just wanted to see what the next title would be with more votes on him.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Looker »

Archon's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895540#1895540]Post 39[/url] wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

As for Archons vote, I don't think it's really scummy if it was just to get him out of RVS. Now if he was pushing to lynch himself well...I can see how that would be bad
Actually, that would be scummy if it was to end RVS. Rather, artificially end it.
Why would it be scummy to artificially end the RVS? it pushes the game forward, something that always happens at some point or another when someone begins to ask questions.
I have a question, Archon: What do you think of the people pushing for a No Lynch? Do you consider this scummy because that's kind of what I'm thinking. That and I'm wondering if the number of votes on Kairyuu correlate to the number of scum in this game.

O, and another question: Does anyone in this thread consider the word "scum" an insult?
saberwolf's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895960#1895960]Post 60[/url] wrote:chill, I'm on the mod BW for the fun of it. I have no intention of seeing it through, but I'll keep my vote there until I see a worthy candidate.
And where exactly are you expecting this worthy candidate to come from... :?:

Sidenote: Ahhh, I remember the good ol' days, Archon, when you and I were lovers... 8-)
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Looker: when I start to see scum vibes coming from somebody, then I'll switch my vote.
Show

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Looker »

:wink:
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Chaco »

I'll remove my vote once the next vote count occurs.

Looker, you believe placing a vote on the mod is pushing for a No Lynch? It was a title for the vote count. It said lynching a being that is not part of the game will result in a no lynch. That doesn't mean that the mod is not in the game.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

[quote="Looker]O, and another question: Does anyone in this thread consider the word "scum" an insult?[/quote]

It depends. If you mean scum as in you think I'm mafia then that is not an insult to me. If you mean it in a epersonal sence then yes I do. I assume you mean the first one so no, I don't take it as an insult :P
Chaco wrote:It said lynching a being that is not part of the game will result in a no lynch. That doesn't mean that the mod is not in the game.
You have a point :) . Technacally the mod is a part of the game...However, I know what he means by "Lynching a being not part of the game will result in a No Lynch" so I'll keep my vote off for now (even though I really want to)
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Archon »

Doombunny9 wrote:[quote="Looker]O, and another question: Does anyone in this thread consider the word "scum" an insult?
It depends. If you mean scum as in you think I'm mafia then that is not an insult to me. If you mean it in a epersonal sence then yes I do. I assume you mean the first one so no, I don't take it as an insult :P
Chaco wrote:It said lynching a being that is not part of the game will result in a no lynch. That doesn't mean that the mod is not in the game.
You have a point :) . Technacally the mod is a part of the game...However, I know what he means by "Lynching a being not part of the game will result in a No Lynch" so I'll keep my vote off for now (even though I really want to)[/quote]

Well, the only way we could find out is if we got a majority of people on the wagon against the mod, something I don;t see happening.

To looker's post

I think that while we do have 3 people who are scum, the three voting Kairyuu aremost likley not scum. I remember when we were lovers too. :)
saberwolf wrote:Ending a RVS with no RVS material gets rid of any possibility of scumslipping or scummy playing, therefore the only people that get targetted are the ones from the beginning [in this case archon], and everyone else not targetted can choose to follow or not follow, with no real fear of being a target, unless something really drastic happens.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks RVS is important? The only thing bad about an RVS is if it gets dragged out due to inactivity and such.

When Konowa gets back from V/LA, I'd like to hear his say on the self vote.
To this I argue that this argument has the same potential to show scummines as RVS does. in fact, there has already been a slip by forb with the not-so-logical vote of me and not the other person who voted the mod. As for the focus of attention, if nothing happened from my random vote, and I was questioned, I could say that it makes no difference who I vote for because it is the RVS. if something does happen, I will not be the focus, but the person who caused the RVS to really end will be.

I understand the RVS and why we have it, as well as it's importance, but the self vote has shown a slip already, and progressed the game beyond the mindless RVS.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Archon wrote:I think that while we do have 3 people who are scum, the three voting Kairyuu aremost likley not scum. I remember when we were lovers too.
How would you know if there are 3 scum in the game or not?

As for the random voteing stage: I hate it and like to get through it but it is iimportant.While Archon's point is correct skipping the random voting stage will give us little to talk about until a bandwagon forms (thats not on the mod). I noticed we're not really talkiing about anything major or maybe it's just me but I sure feel that way.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Archon »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Archon wrote:I think that while we do have 3 people who are scum, the three voting Kairyuu aremost likley not scum. I remember when we were lovers too.

As for the random voteing stage: I hate it and like to get through it but it is iimportant.While Archon's point is correct skipping the random voting stage will give us little to talk about until a bandwagon forms (thats not on the mod). I noticed we're not really talkiing about anything major or maybe it's just me but I sure feel that way.
I don't. Thats why I added ''I think,'' which in certain uses is synonymous with "I believe" like in this case.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

I accepted Christ and got a free PS2 :D
Show

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Looker »

Archon's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1897306#1897306]Post 70[/url] wrote:
Doombunny9 wrote:

I don't. Thats why I added ''I think,'' which in certain uses is synonymous with "I believe" like in this case.
I, personally, would have a chosen a four-scum setup, but that's beside the point. We need to get somewhere, so, to do this, I will have to ask you a question, Archon. Whether this be your best guess, a random-choice decision, or something you have analyzed, you can explicate however you wish, but the question is: Do you think Saberwolf is scum?
This strikes me as severely...
scummy!
:x
Holy Hand of Suspicion: Saberwolf

But I'll pose the same question to you: Do you think Archon is scum?

Please understand that I am not trying to single any of you out :roll: but we have to start somewhere. :twisted:
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by saberwolf »

I would have to say that I think Archon is town. The reason being most scum would not want to draw attention to themselves. I have self voted for myself in RVS as town, so I can see Archon doing it too.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by saberwolf »

question for looker: If you had to pick somebody, other than me, you or Archon, who is the scummiest?

Does your position on a bandwagon help determine your alignment? why or why not?
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”