The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

stark wrote:Maybe it's a dumb idea, but the way in which SB was saying that cops should use her to test their investigations bothered me.

Could it be possible that it's some kind of trap? That she might have some kind of ability that does bad things to people who target her?
Milkshake agreed, so i think, unless they are incredibly stupid scumbuddies, it's null.

Just following this page alone, i'm rather amused at the quantity of heat Benmage is getting, yet he doesnt has a single vote. I'd call bussing, but normally scum being bussed struggles, and Ben has answered well.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Benmage wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Benmage wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: I need to look at this kmd thing closer, as on the surface I support a tubby or even a cass lynch before his, without too much hesitation.
The kmd lynch seems fine, tho i'd prefer DGB, Vaya, Stark or Battle Mage.
So I have to back down quickly now?

One of my suspects is laughing at my pushed, one is AWOL. Neither of those things is going to make me drop it.
where did i suggest you have to back down??
Sounded like "I have comprimsied, why cant you" when you look at the placement of your vote, and your suspicions.
vollkan wrote: Which has no relation to what you said.

It looks to me like you were basically trying to persuade Llama to accept a lynch which he has professed to consider sub-optimal on the basis that you also had to 'compromise'
I dont agree with these interpretations. It simply sounded like he was getting his thoughts down. Vollkan's line of interrogation is ridiculously contrived.
FoS: Vollkan

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kublai Khan wrote:Snow_Bunny, benmage, and SocioPath would make great lynches today.

Kmd4390, I'm not sold on. I only have a town meta for him and he's playing along the lines of that town meta.
not sold on? You dont sound too convinced either way. Sitting on the fence?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by vollkan »

Benmage wrote:
vollkan wrote: Tautological answer. If you didn't want to say it, you wouldn't have done so. That doesn't explain why you did it.
The why, was to keep everyone uptodate. Not the biggest deal, but my reasoning. I think it refreshing for people to restate their opinions if a long period of time elapses. People might've only read my recent spam argument and forgotten where my views on the game in general were....Hence the restatement...I dont know why you didn't like that answer. I guess from now on your questions can get be answered with colors.
But it wasn't your views on the 'game in general'. It was you saying that you were compromising over KMD. You didn't remind us why you thought the other people were more suspicious, or beyond that who you don't suspect, etc.

You gave us your position on something very specific (ie. the fact that you are compromising) and you did so in the context of responding to a post by somebody who had expressed uncertainty about a KMD lynch.

There's also another issue here which I haven't raised yet which is that the "X lynch is not my first preference" post is a scum attempt at a get-out-of-jail-free. It's just not a post that has any point otherwise. If you sincerely think another wagon is preferable then argue for it.
Battle Mage wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Benmage wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Benmage wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: I need to look at this kmd thing closer, as on the surface I support a tubby or even a cass lynch before his, without too much hesitation.
The kmd lynch seems fine, tho i'd prefer DGB, Vaya, Stark or Battle Mage.
So I have to back down quickly now?

One of my suspects is laughing at my pushed, one is AWOL. Neither of those things is going to make me drop it.
where did i suggest you have to back down??
Sounded like "I have comprimsied, why cant you" when you look at the placement of your vote, and your suspicions.
vollkan wrote: Which has no relation to what you said.

It looks to me like you were basically trying to persuade Llama to accept a lynch which he has professed to consider sub-optimal on the basis that you also had to 'compromise'
I dont agree with these interpretations. It simply sounded like he was getting his thoughts down. Vollkan's line of interrogation is ridiculously contrived.
FoS: Vollkan

BM
See above. I think it's a simplistic analysis to say "He was putting his thoguhts down, end of story"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

vollkan wrote: It's just not a post that has any point otherwise.
HUZZAH The point...welcome to it. The post wasn't a game winning one. Hell call it fluff for all I care. I was putting my thoughts down, thats all. Period. Battle has the right read.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

vollkan wrote:See above. I think it's a simplistic analysis to say "He was putting his thoguhts down, end of story"
I just kind of got the feeling that it was more of a request for me to join the wagon then it was a 'thinking aloud' type of a post. Not a scummy post since I will try to manipulate people into voting with me no matter what alignment I am, but I tend to be more of a free-spirit and really stubborn, so it annoys me and I try to stop that line of pushing.
SocioPath wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
sociopath wrote:A KMD wagon is an informative wagon.
How so? Anything else to say...been awhile since we've heard from you.
There are several people who've made a large case on him, as well as several people who have said nothing about him negatively and voting him. Being able to pick up on the intentions of each group, given the amount of actual manpower of players required to lynch, is a good thing. People are going to ride him a while, and votes are going to grow stale
So is this an information wagon, on scum wagon, or some combination of both? Also for an added bonus, summarize the case on kmd in a couple lines.
Cass wrote:
Cass: Quite scummy. 5/7 of posts are "unvote X, vote Y", hypocritical post about Jordan's post being useless.
Q1) You admitted earlier that miller lynches are uninformative, why do you want to lynch SB now?
Not because of the miller claim, that's neutral. But because:
a) she slipped, in a way very similar to Stark, though in her case this argument is weaker
b) she keep directing power roles and uses weird logic as her reason to claim miller
c) she isn't scum-hunting, but just keeps going on about miller-related stuff. Only responding to people.

Btw, I still think Stark is scum too.
So would anyone be down for a Cass (or replacement thereof) wagon? Her reasons to be trying to wagon SB (who I still think is town) irk me quite a bit, so this may just be a knee-jerk reaction of "protect the town read" which is a favorite game of mine, but... the slip of stark is brought up and apparently the same applied to SB.

I still dont get this tell or slip or whatever at all. I read my role, I figured out I was town pretty easily. This entire part of the case on SB boils down to comprehension of your alignment from your role. I have argued something similar in a past game where flavor is very hard to base things on, since some people interpret it differently then others do, and that can lead to exploitable contridictions (see SSK lynch in Death Note for perfect example of flavor screwing up the town. Moving on; directing power roles (which I will somewhat concede as slightly scummy, even though if its a standard move from past experience its not the greatest, and I doubt it would be listened to), there also is 'claiming oddly', which is a matter of opinion I guess, but I dont see how the claim was done odd. Last one again is a bit of a tell, but that can be applied to a whole lot of people again, whom really have not been mentioned by cass, who waived the 'scum slip' flag on the stark/SB shenannigins and thats been about it.

I looked at the kmd thing a bit, even though this post took up a majority of the time I had for non-drunk posting today, and still like other lynches better. I can offhand name about half a dozen worse lynches, but still a handfull I would prefer.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count (Page 38, Day 1)

Kmd4390 -9
(vollkan, SpyreX, VP Baltar, Benmage, Battle Mage, Plum, dramonic, SocioPath, Sajin)
Snow_Bunny -4 (tubby216, Kublai Khan, alvins95, crywolf20084)
alvins95 -3 (stark, populartajo, Kmd4390)
stark -1 (Vaya)
tubby216 -1 (LlamaFluff)
DrippingGoofball -1 (Papa Zito)
Rosso Carne -1 (milkshake)
populartajo -1 (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting:
Rosso Carne, Snow_Bunny, Kise, KaleiÐoscøpe

Note: Deadline will be at the earliest, 10/19 6:00AM EST, with 26 whole votes available, it takes 14 to lynch.

Note:
Both Vaya and Alvins95 have picked up thier prods.

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote: KMD
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Snow_Bunny, benmage, and SocioPath would make great lynches today.

Kmd4390, I'm not sold on. I only have a town meta for him and he's playing along the lines of that town meta.
not sold on? You dont sound too convinced either way. Sitting on the fence?
No, I'm not sold on it. As in, I don't see Kmd4390 as a good lynch for today, much less the best lynch. I am against a Kmd4390 lynch.

@ Everyone!

Hey, can anyone tell me a single opinion that Snow_Bunny has on someone? She random voted for Kmd4390, then joined the DeathNote bandwagon, then.. no vote. All she has done all game is defend her miller claim without any backing evidence (still waiting on that link of the game where everyone was mad at the miller claim), not answered questions as to why she's confusing power with flavor, PR directing, and general active lurking. Plus a subtle dig against stark.

@ SocioPath: Why did you push for ~Jordan' to kill Rosso Carne? Did you honestly believe that he was a jester? Did you honestly think that was the best play?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:25 am

Post by milkshake »

I wouldn't have minded if ~Jordan killed Rosso Carne... although I don't think he's a jester any more.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

milkshake wrote:I wouldn't have minded if ~Jordan killed Rosso Carne... although I don't think he's a jester any more.
Do you think Rosso Carne is scum?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:43 am

Post by stark »

unvote

Vote: Kscope

An iso-scan of Kscope is ridiculous.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 am

Post by dramonic »

That's pretty hypocritical coming from you Stark.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Papa Zito »

OMG Cay.

OMG text.

unvote: DGB
vote: alvins95

This is the good wagon.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 am

Post by stark »

dramonic wrote:That's pretty hypocritical coming from you Stark.
No, because what bothers me about Kscope is his content-less wagonhopping.

I may be contentless, but I have not wagonhopped.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:14 am

Post by SocioPath »

LlamaFluff wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
sociopath wrote:A KMD wagon is an informative wagon.
How so? Anything else to say...been awhile since we've heard from you.
There are several people who've made a large case on him, as well as several people who have said nothing about him negatively and voting him. Being able to pick up on the intentions of each group, given the amount of actual manpower of players required to lynch, is a good thing. People are going to ride him a while, and votes are going to grow stale
So is this an information wagon, on scum wagon, or some combination of both?
Your first question makes no sense to me, but I'll assume you are either asking if its a informative wagon on someone who is scum, or is a wagon that is driven by scum.
I wouldn't rule out either. Not sure the point of your question though or the motivation behind such.

LlamaFluff wrote:Also for an added bonus, summarize the case on kmd in a couple lines.
No sense in restating others' words as my own with cases already made. So I'll point out a personal gem that my have been overlooked:
SocioPath wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I wouldn't complain about any of:

SocioPath

In no particular order. All are either
a)scummy
b)lurkers
c)claimed miller and everyone freaked out about "OMG DO WE POLICY LYNCH?!?"

Mmm...why do you find me scummy?
Unless you are considering not posting for an entire 45 hours as lurking.
In his massive lynch list, he explains such as being 1 of 3 things. He doesn't explain at all who goes to what, just a crapped out list of half the town with unheard of ambiguity. And he purposely kept that ambiguity so he wouldn't have to explain himself, going so far as ignoring questions based as to why he put someone on there such as mine. VP's response to list also noted.
Kublai Khan wrote:@ SocioPath: Why did you push for ~Jordan' to kill Rosso Carne? Did you honestly believe that he was a jester? Did you honestly think that was the best play?

Rosso is playing like the kind of person that I would N0 vig. He has been less helpful than a nonexistent player, and most of his posts are needlessly abrasive. To the point where people ignore his actions and just notice the abrasions.

I didn't think he was a jester though, someone mentions jesters, and I just stated a way around their win condition. Rosso isn't trying hard enough to be a Jester. He isn't trying hard enough for any role.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 am

Post by dramonic »

stark wrote:No, because what bothers me about Kscope is his content-less wagonhopping.

I may be contentless, but I have not wagonhopped.
Fair enough, carry on.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

stark wrote:Maybe it's a dumb idea, but the way in which SB was saying that cops should use her to test their investigations bothered me.

Could it be possible that it's some kind of trap? That she might have some kind of ability that does bad things to people who target her?
Got anything a little more recent you'd like to comment on?
volkan wrote:There's also another issue here which I haven't raised yet which is that the "X lynch is not my first preference" post is a scum attempt at a get-out-of-jail-free. It's just not a post that has any point otherwise. If you sincerely think another wagon is preferable then argue for it.
While I can see your point, I disagree somewhat when it comes to large games, especially in the early going. Right now it takes 14 to lynch somebody, surely somebody is going to have to compromise somewhere out of that group. Now, compromising 4 people down your list is an entirely different argument that can be made, but I dont' think the act of being willing to compromise in and of itself makes one scummy in the early days of a game this size.
llama wrote:the slip of stark is brought up and apparently the same applied to SB.
That post of Cass' stuck out to me as well, most notably because I don't remember any slip from SB. It was DN who allegedly made the slip, wasn't it?
Papa Zito wrote:

This is the good wagon.
He's being replaced hopefully. You have anything else to say? Have you read the game yet?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Papa Zito wrote:

This is the good wagon.
He's being replaced hopefully. You have anything else to say? Have you read the game yet?[/quote]
ORLY? Last thing I saw from the mod was that he'd picked up his prod today. Why would you assume this?

And yeah I've read the game.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

quote fail :(
Kappa
Just Monika
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:26 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

SocioPath wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: So is this an information wagon, on scum wagon, or some combination of both?
Your first question makes no sense to me, but I'll assume you are either asking if its a informative wagon on someone who is scum, or is a wagon that is driven by scum.
I wouldn't rule out either. Not sure the point of your question though or the motivation behind such.
I cant tell if you are voting him more for your reads or more for information from his flip. Thats what im trying to figure out.

If this is going to turn into alvinz or kmd, im going to be voting alvinz, but there are better alternatives to either of them at this point who I feel are getting ignored for the most part. On alvinz, mod says he pickedup his prod. Ive played with him before and getting a lot of content from him is a pipe dream, regardless of his alignment.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PZ wrote:ORLY? Last thing I saw from the mod was that he'd picked up his prod today. Why would you assume this?

Ah, true enough. I guess that is unfortunate for us.

Anyhow, since you've read the game, is there anything else you think is worth commenting on?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

VP Baltar wrote:
PZ wrote:ORLY? Last thing I saw from the mod was that he'd picked up his prod today. Why would you assume this?

Ah, true enough. I guess that is unfortunate for us.

Anyhow, since you've read the game, is there anything else you think is worth commenting on?
I don't like that DGB has disappeared. That's unlike her; I think she's intentionally lurking.

Several people have called Snow Bunny (lol) obvtown and I don't see it. There's a large contradiction in her general play (newbish) and her decision to claim millar early day 1 (vet). I think she's being coached.

Rosso needs to be vigged. Also now I know where Zwet copied his hammer policy from.

Tajo's really quiet and seems willing to follow wagons instead of lead them. Both are very un-Tajo-like and make me uncomfortable.

That's about all I've pulled so far. I need to reread the game.
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Gone for a bit, will be up to speed soon. Questions / statments though:

1.) Alvinz has picked up the prod and not performed?
2.) "scummy" business aside (which to a degree I can agree with KK about), barring some kind of miracle I'm not down with the miller today. Its just too easy, either way. I dont like it.
3.) I'm really tired and I thought I had more questions but I can't think of them. We've got a weird disparity of activity that irks me far too much.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@PZ- Holy crap, I completely forgot tajo was even in this game. Yeah, he definitely needs to be speaking up. I don't view him as a town lurker.

And I agree with Spy, there is a massive disparity in activity in this game that is making me very uneasy. I don't see why there are so many people hanging out in the shadows. We're almost at page 40 people and I don't know who half of you are at this point....that's not good.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”