kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Sorry, I only had a chance to skim before and it looked as though things might be heating up. Rereading and I am a bit confused:

fuzzy votes archon because "self-voting is detrimental to town."

forbiddan votes mod and inquires as to why "self-voting is detrimental to town."

fuzzy claims "because that's a vote that could be used to catch scum."

forbiddan and fuzzy mutually agree the procedure is "anti-town".

forbiddan then "let's fuzzy off" for his RVS excuse.

Was fuzzy's vote "random" to begin with?

Why isn't fuzzy upset with forbiddan's vote?

Do I have this about right?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Chaco »

So it would seem, kikuchiyo.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Why would Fuzzy be upset with forbiddans vote?

Fuzzy voted because he didn't like people voting themselves in RVS (which forbiddan was not doing), a random vote, or a combo of both. I do not see why Fuzzy would not forbiddans vote.

PS Archon- I clicked and did not get a free PS2. You lie to me. Lyng=scum.
FoS Archon
:twisted:
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Archon »

*happy sigh* And now you all know why I voted myself.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 1 of Day 1:

(
new and improved votecount style shamelessly stolen from Tarhalindur
)

forbiddanlight
(0):
Netopalis
(0):
Amished
(0):
fuzzylightning
(0):
Konowa
(0):
Shotty to the Body
(1):
Chaco

Chaco
(1):
saberwolf

Archon
(3):
Looker, Archon, fuzzylightning

Looker
(0):
kikuchiyo
(1):
Doombunny9

Doombunny9
(1):
Netopalis

saberwolf
(2):
Konowa, Shotty to the Body

Kairyuu
(1):
forbiddanlight

Not voting
(2):
Amished, kikuchiyo

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone to hell.

Deadline for D1 will hit Friday, October 23, at 8pm EST. This is a fixed deadline, so it will not be extended barring extreme circumstances.

Last edited by Kairyuu on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Looker »

I miss the red, Archon...
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am guessing that kikuchiyo is getting at the fact that forbiddan is voting for the mod and I voted for archon b/c he voted for himself, so because forbiddan didn't vote for a player in this game, I should be upset with her vote. Correct me if I am wrong.

Voting for the mod in the RVS is something that happens often enough that its not really something that people comment on all that much, as its just a way to keep the mod on their toes, however it would be interesting to push for a mod lynch, just kidding.

I now believe that Archon voted for himself because he wanted to get us out of the RVS? However, I still don't like it based on principle.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Voting for the mod in the RVS is something that happens often enough that its not really something that people comment on all that much, as its just a way to keep the mod on their toes, however it would be interesting to push for a mod lynch, just kidding.
Hey, sometimes you win prizes when you do it in Tar games. Rumor has it that it occasionally works in fl games as well. Kairyuu, at least, is not a spoilsport and also allows non player targets to be targetted. That is...assumably non player targets

/me eyes Kai suspiciously

Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. 8-)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

fuzzylightning wrote:I am guessing that kikuchiyo is getting at the fact that forbiddan is voting for the mod and I voted for archon b/c he voted for himself, so because forbiddan didn't vote for a player in this game, I should be upset with her vote. Correct me if I am wrong.

I now believe that Archon voted for himself because he wanted to get us out of the RVS? However, I still don't like it based on principle.
I think there are legitimate circumstances to self-vote. I have a much lower opinion of self-hammering, but self-voting is a decent gambit in certain situations, which I will not share in case I need to use them this game. :twisted:

As for whether Fuzzy's vote was truly 'random' it was clearly not, since he had a reason. Looked like a policy vote to me because he dislikes self-voting.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Fuzzy-Are you upset with forbiddans vote?

As for Archons vote, I don't think it's really scummy if it was just to get him out of RVS. Now if he was pushing to lynch himself well...I can see how that would be bad (exceptions are some of them which sShotty knows :P )
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As for Archons vote, I don't think it's really scummy if it was just to get him out of RVS. Now if he was pushing to lynch himself well...I can see how that would be bad
Actually, that would be scummy if it was to end RVS. Rather, artificially end it.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:23 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am not upset with forbiddan's vote at all, it was actually something I had considered before seeing Archon self-vote.
0-1 as Mafia
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:28 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

fuzzylightning wrote:I am not upset with forbiddan's vote at all, it was actually something I had considered before seeing Archon self-vote.
This does not match up with the "why" in regards to your vote on Archon.
fuzzy wrote:It was more a joke than anything as we are in the RVS but I believe that if you are voting for yourself, then you really aren't helping the town if you are town,
because that's a vote that could be used to catch scum
I think that logically you will have to admit that forbiddan's vote is just as bad. Now, I am not trying to defend anyone here, but if we are going to move out of the RVS and your vote on Archon
is serious
then I have to take issue with your interaction with forbiddan. Are you friends outside of the game or something? You seem to have a better rapport with forbiddan here as you are willing to forgive such a similar offense as the one you are voting.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Archon »

forbiddanlight wrote:

As for Archons vote, I don't think it's really scummy if it was just to get him out of RVS. Now if he was pushing to lynch himself well...I can see how that would be bad
Actually, that would be scummy if it was to end RVS. Rather, artificially end it.
Why would it be scummy to artificially end the RVS? it pushes the game forward, something that always happens at some point or another when someone begins to ask questions.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Chaco »

forbiddanlight wrote:Actually, that would be scummy if it was to end RVS. Rather, artificially end it.
How would ending the RVS be scummy? Or, as you say, artificially. There is no required length to the RVS.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Chaco »

EBWOP: I was reading and didn't see that Archon had asked something similar already. My bad.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:42 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

kikuchiyo wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:I am not upset with forbiddan's vote at all, it was actually something I had considered before seeing Archon self-vote.
This does not match up with the "why" in regards to your vote on Archon.
fuzzy wrote:
It was more a joke than anything
as we are in the RVS but I believe that if you are voting for yourself, then you really aren't helping the town if you are town,
because that's a vote that could be used to catch scum
I think that logically you will have to admit that forbiddan's vote is just as bad. Now, I am not trying to defend anyone here, but if we are going to move out of the RVS and your vote on Archon
is serious
then I have to take issue with your interaction with forbiddan. Are you friends outside of the game or something? You seem to have a better rapport with forbiddan here as you are willing to forgive such a similar offense as the one you are voting.
You bold the wrong portion of my quote. Italicized is mine. I am not friends with forbiddan outside of the game, in fact, I am not sure that we have ever interacted prior to being in this game.
0-1 as Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why would it be scummy to artificially end the RVS? it pushes the game forward, something that always happens at some point or another when someone begins to ask questions.
Usually things that naturally end the RVS provide more information. Artificial ends deprive us of that information.

How would ending the RVS be scummy? Or, as you say, artificially. There is no required length to the RVS.
Correct. Or, rather, the length is loosely expressed as "until someone accidentally screws up". At least, that's my view. An artificial ending caused by a self vote is one I tend to try to ignore. If they claim they were trying to end then my ears perk up.

You bold the wrong portion of my quote. Italicized is mine. I am not friends with forbiddan outside of the game, in fact, I am not sure that we have ever interacted prior to being in this game.
Yep, I don't think so either. You might have been aware of my meta at best.
-StrangerCoug

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

fuzzylightning wrote:
Voting someone because you find their actions detrimental to town is not a "joke". It is a vote which potentially ends the rvs and therefore can simply not exist as both a joke and a real reason. If you honestly find it detrimental to town, then you should find forbiddan's as well. I think I may have the two of you figured out, however, so I shall drop this issue for now, but please be advised that I do not approve of the "gap" here in your logic.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Chaco »

forbiddanlight wrote:Correct. Or, rather, the length is loosely expressed as "until someone accidentally screws up". At least, that's my view. An artificial ending caused by a self vote is one I tend to try to ignore. If they claim they were trying to end then my ears perk up.
Mhm, however, some players do not like the RVS at all and feel it is pointless to have one. Would your ears perk if a type of player such as that were present?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mhm, however, some players do not like the RVS at all and feel it is pointless to have one. Would your ears perk if a type of player such as that were present?
Well, that's their problem. Probably so. They can either demonstrate their meta or their towniness.
-StrangerCoug

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 am

Post by saberwolf »

The problem with ending the RVS so early is we did not get an insight on every single player. Prematurely ending the RVS allows players and mostly scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked. If the RVS had been allowed to run a little longer, we would of maybe seen some interesting votes and reasons for them from EVERYBODY. Then we could of acted accordingly.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The problem with ending the RVS so early is we did not get an insight on every single player. Prematurely ending the RVS allows players and mostly scum to just hop on BW with no questions asked. If the RVS had been allowed to run a little longer, we would of maybe seen some interesting votes and reasons for them from EVERYBODY. Then we could of acted accordingly.
I'm guessing you agree with my stance but I believe I was asked. What brings you into this discussion?
-StrangerCoug

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:21 am

Post by saberwolf »

I want to be part of the game. Currently we are discussing the merit of RVS, so I'm contributing.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”