My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Looker »

dramonic's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1892508#1892508]Post 69[/url] wrote:actually, they were a cult coupled with a bunch of serial killers.

Unvote
Vote: Ani

scared of L-2? Ridiculous <<
Nice :P
Snow_Bunny's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1892554#1892554]Post 71[/url] wrote:I'm really sick, I'll read and post something after I feel better.
Aw, hope you get well soon.
animorpherv1's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1893077#1893077]Post 74[/url] wrote:
dramonic wrote:actually, they were a cult coupled with a bunch of serial killers.

Unvote
Vote: Ani

scared of L-2? Ridiculous <<

In the RVS? I think it's a bit much.
I wouldn't say I disagree. There's really not much you can go on right now unless you count the people pressing for a quick lynch, but, even then, that could possibly be playstyle in my opinion.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

*coughChartercuogh*
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Yankee »

how was placing a Random vote while no relevant conversation was going on scummy?
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Slepz »

how was placing a Random vote while no relevant conversation was going on scummy?
If it wasn't RVS tradition, it would seem scummy. But it was.
Jugez si vous irez faire. Nous tous allons mourir. J'ai l'intention de le m├â┬®riter.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Vino »

I try to avoid the beginning of the game because I always stick my foot in my mouth and I can never get any useful information from it. I still want to participate though even if I don't see anything worth commenting on much, so I figured I'd post and let you all know I'm not dead.

I'm not dead.

Let me know when you guys are done with the "Arguing about trivialities" stage.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Yankee »

you should still be posting to try and get a feel of people, even if you dont want to..... Helps get the game moving...

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

unvote vote Vino
let me know when you're done with the refusing to contribute stage
Immoral Acts: 0
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Looker »

dramonic wrote:*coughChartercuogh*
?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Nikanor »

So who thinks the lovers should claim?
I'm pro-loverclaim.
Here are my reasons:
-The pro-town lovers will gain nigh immunity to night kills. If one set of lovers dies, we automatically lynch the other to catch scum.
-We can focus on other players, narrowing our day one lynch pool to eight.
However, I do acknowledge that it would put us in lylo after two mislynches, barring a doc protect, when it would usually only be mylo. I believe the pros outweigh the cons in this situation.

What do y'all think?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Yankee »

The problem with that is that the two mafia goons could claim to be lovers and we might overlook them. I am not so sure that the benefits outweight the risk in this situation for the town, but i could be wrong...

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee wrote:The problem with that is that the two mafia goons could claim to be lovers and we might overlook them. I am not so sure that the benefits outweight the risk in this situation for the town, but i could be wrong...
It's an open game. False-claiming on day one is suicide.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Vino »

Head_Honcho wrote:let me know when you're done with the refusing to contribute stage
I am done thanks to Nikanor.
Nikanor wrote:So who thinks the lovers should claim?
Anybody who wants town to lose. I generally frown on any kind of claiming D1 that doesn't involve L-1, but you're basically saying that if the two town players die, then we can lynch another of the lovers and make two more players die, to cause a total of 3 town deaths to kill 1 scum. I say we use the "scumhunting" method instead. Plus I would rather have the two town lovers be a secret. In the event that the scum-town lovers die, the town-town lovers can be a confirmable asset in a lylo situation, but if they're claimed then they get NK'd by scum in a 2 for 1.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Netlava »

Pros:
NK "Immunity" for lovers

Cons:
"Immunity" isn't really "immunity" - Scum can NK them when conditions are right
Doc is easier to find
Possible 2 for 1 deal
If the 2 town lovers are lynched, remaining lover duo may remain untouchable due to lylo conditions
Not as fun
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Slepz »

I think it's a fine idea. The lylo problem will affect us regardless of claim.
Jugez si vous irez faire. Nous tous allons mourir. J'ai l'intention de le m├â┬®riter.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Khamisa »

I don't think trying to continue RVS is always scummy. I mean, come on, RVS is girly kiddish fun. Who doesn't love that?
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Netlava »

Unvote, vote: Khamisa
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

achoo
Vote:Khamisa
ooooo
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Yankee »

I am going to vote Nikanor for trying to get lovers to claim their roles.... Seems odd to me, kind of like role fishing, but raising their probability of lynching a doctor, or either wanting a 2 for 1. But maybe this could be a good strategy, i just dont see it....

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Yankee »

EBWOP: Forgot to bold vote

unvote, Vote: Nikanor

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yup, I'm happy with my Yankee vote. I agree that Khamisa needs to do something, though.
Yankee wrote:But maybe this could be a good strategy, i just dont see it....
'Maybe this could be a good strategy, but I'm not going to try to debate it in order to better inform my decision. Instead, I'll vote the guy who thought of the plan!'
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Yankee »

its not that i dont want to debate it, it is that i dont feel it is worth risking 3 townies to catch 1 scum, when there would still be 2 undetermined scum out there..... Im not saying i dont think it wont work though, i am just saying it is asking the town to risk alot, and i dont know if i am willing to make that risk. Maybe my vote was a little early though, but i wasnt worried since it was the first vote on you :P

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Looker »

Locke Lamora's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1892818#1892818]Post 72[/url] wrote:Slepz: what did you find unjustified about my vote?

People who don't pay attention: Yankee placed a random vote on page 3. He'd already posted once, that was contentless, then he stuck a humourous random vote on Dramonic. Doesn't strike me as someone looking for scum, he just wanted the RVS to keep going. I did say I thought he was doing that, if you read the post.
I see no problem with the perpetuation of RVS as long as it doesn't distract from the objectivity of conversation, unless, of course, that's what you're accusing him of intending.
Vino's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1894483#1894483]Post 87[/url] wrote:
Head_Honcho wrote:let me know when you're done with the refusing to contribute stage
I am done thanks to Nikanor.
Nikanor wrote:So who thinks the lovers should claim?
Anybody who wants town to lose. I generally frown on any kind of claiming D1 that doesn't involve L-1, but you're basically saying that if the two town players die, then we can lynch another of the lovers and make two more players die, to cause a total of 3 town deaths to kill 1 scum. I say we use the "scumhunting" method instead. Plus I would rather have the two town lovers be a secret. In the event that the scum-town lovers die, the town-town lovers can be a confirmable asset in a lylo situation, but if they're claimed then they get NK'd by scum in a 2 for 1.
To be honest, I initially saw Nikanor's proposal of claiming right off-bat as sneaky and shady and kind of like cheating, but if there's any reason I shouldn't be feeling like this, let me know. It just seems like he wants our lovers to turn themselves in.
Slepz's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1894893#1894893]Post 89[/url] wrote:I think it's a fine idea. The lylo problem will affect us regardless of claim.
The lover-claim? If so, I disagree.
Nikanor's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895149#1895149]Post 95[/url] wrote:Yup, I'm happy with my Yankee vote. I agree that Khamisa needs to do something, though.
Yankee wrote:But maybe this could be a good strategy, i just dont see it....
'Maybe this could be a good strategy, but I'm not going to try to debate it in order to better inform my decision. Instead, I'll vote the guy who thought of the plan!'
Were there any other stipulations that could've made your plan appear pro-town that you didn't delineate within the thread? Sometimes we think of good plans but we don't relay them as accurately as we could.
Yankee's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895160#1895160]Post 96[/url] wrote:its not that i dont want to debate it, it is that i dont feel it is worth risking 3 townies to catch 1 scum, when there would still be 2 undetermined scum out there..... Im not saying i dont think it wont work though, i am just saying it is asking the town to risk alot, and i dont know if i am willing to make that risk. Maybe my vote was a little early though, but i wasnt worried since it was the first vote on you :P
Scum will slip up eventually and I'm confident it won't cost us three townies for them to do so; however, this is simply my opinion.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee wrote:i dont feel it is worth risking 3 townies to catch 1 scum
Actually, that's a good trade, imo. It increases the power role : townie ratio without increasing the scum : town ratio.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Looker wrote:To be honest, I initially saw Nikanor's proposal of claiming right off-bat as sneaky and shady and kind of like cheating, but if there's any reason I shouldn't be feeling like this, let me know. It just seems like he wants our lovers to turn themselves in.
Actually, I posted it because the game was stalling, hehe.

Return to “Completed Open Games”