ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 am

Post by ekiM »

charter, elvis_knits, please unvote. There is no rush today, and you are giving scum an out to avoid a 2-fer-1.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

roflcopter: 5 (charter, elvis_knits, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp)
Thesp: 1 (roflcopter)
Yosarian2: 1 (ekiM)

Not Voting: 4 (SerialClergyman, VP Baltar, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

Post by charter »

unvote
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Thesp »

charter wrote:Thesp, why didn't you mention that rofl has to be lying, from your point of view? He said you weren't a vanilla, but you don't mention this. How come?
I thought it was obvious. Is it not?
ekiM wrote:rofl is not going to flip town. THEREFORE we should lynch Yos. The fact that rofl, and now Thesp (potential scum) would rather lynch rofl first tells me Yos is probably godfather. Unvote rofl before Yos can hammer him. Vote Yos.
Hmm. I like this strain of thinking. The only hesitation I have is, "What if roflcopter is a/the Mafia Roleblocker?"

But now, I'm not so sure that's terribly important. Actually, I don't mind taking a moment to see if this thought process is worth considering.

Unvote: roflcopter.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ekiM wrote:charter, elvis_knits, please unvote. There is no rush today, and you are giving scum an out to avoid a 2-fer-1.
Wait, what?

I admit to having a few beers by now, but what 2-fer-1 are we talking about?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 am

Post by charter »

ekiM is saying that Yos is the godfather, that it makes sense to lynch him instead of rofl.

I am currently debating taking the surefire 100% scum in rofl, for the 99.9999999% scum in Yosarian.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: Yos

ekiM makes a decent point. rofl is all but confirmed at this point. Meanwhile, yos hasn't said a word.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sorry this is a little late but this is for roflcopter:

Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

charter wrote:ekiM is saying that Yos is the godfather, that it makes sense to lynch him instead of rofl.

I am currently debating taking the surefire 100% scum in rofl, for the 99.9999999% scum in Yosarian.
Yos is lover or yos is GF. I don't see how it matters who we lynch first, unless we're worried kmd can't vig a GF.

I think the smart money is on lynching rofl. Becuase in the unlikely even we're wrong we get two confirmed in yos and vp and one scum in thesp. If we're wrong on yos we get nothing.

Unless somebody can say they've been blocked and there is a scum rb, then rofl is deaddeaddead.
Talk nerdy to me.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by ekiM »

It matters because if we lynch the godfather we get two deaths from a single lynch. That's better than lynching a traitor then using a bullet on the Godfather (assuming KMD even has a shot left).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh I forgot traitor will suicide!

Hmmm.

You have a point.
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by charter »

I dunno. I'm not convinced on the lynch Yos first plan. If you go back and look, the ONLY vote on Yos was Xyl's. This single vote prompted the softclaims from rofl.

It actually might be possible for rofl to be town, granted very likely. I dunno. Let me think about it some and I'll quit my waffling.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Thesp wrote: The only hesitation I have is, "What if roflcopter is a/the Mafia Roleblocker?"
This made me laugh.

Doesn't the phrasing mean there might be more than one mafia roleblocker? Why would anyone think that?

Scare me more, Thesp. I like the thrill.
Talk nerdy to me.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Thesp »

elvis_knits wrote:
Thesp wrote: The only hesitation I have is, "What if roflcopter is a/the Mafia Roleblocker?"
This made me laugh.

Doesn't the phrasing mean there might be more than one mafia roleblocker? Why would anyone think that?

Scare me more, Thesp. I like the thrill.
I intend to mean the phrasing to indicate that the mafia may or may not have a roleblocker, though I certainly see other constructions of my phrasing. (It's possible that the mafia has more than one roleblocker, but I'm not sure how worthwhile that speculation is at this point.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Thesp »

Also, I'm liking the thought of vigging roflcopter more and lynching Yosarian2, with the only hesitation being that I've missed why it's so compelling that Yosarian2 is a godfather of roflcopter, other than roflcopter "cleared" Yosarian2. I need to go back and look.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by ekiM »

I dunno, I'm going to bed. More thinky tomorrow. I would ask that we don't lynch anyone until we've thrashed this out.

Unvote
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't know of any roleblocker. I didn't shoot last night.

Rofl is scum almost for sure. Pretty sure Zu is scum. Thesp's last post has me confident he is scum. Yos, I'm less sure of, but still pretty confident.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Clarification: Still pretty confident Yos is scum. Just less so than Rofl/Zu/Thesp.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

this is getting silly - lynching yos first will only wind up giving the scum a mislynch on someone who should be confirmed by my death before a mislynch of me tomorrow.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Mmm.

If rofl is town the lynch of yos would be disasterous.

A scum 2-for-1 doesn't actually give us another lynch, it gives kmd the ability to shoot at night, and if he hits, we get another lynch and if he misses we're back to the position we're in now. Either that or it gives us the ability to lynch ekim and have him venge someone. without risking losing a lynch.

I think we need kmd to confirm at least one shot before we think about lynching yos.

In a best case scenario, say it goes kill yos, rofl dies, zufaul gets shot (all scum) and I die at night.
That means we'd have 1 scum in elvis, charter, ekim, kmd, thesp, kmd and VP
kmd confirmed, ekim close to confirmed, charter able to treestump in lylo means it's almost an auto-win.

In the worst case scenario we're lylo for 3 lynches including an unconfirmed rofl.

Needs more thinking.
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by charter »

vote rofl

I've thought about it, and if by some miracle Yos is town, lynching him today would probably be game over. I think we'll have an easy enough time finding all the scum lynching rofl today.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Does anyone object to kmd revealing how many shots he has left? I think it might be relevent.

If he has 2+ shots left, I think I like lynching rofl, then kmd shooting yos2, then kmd shooting someone else the next night. He should be alive (my protect).

If he has one shot and one shot only left, I might prefer the Yos lynch. That'd give us a chance at a 2-fer today then the vig makes a real impact (if he hits, he buys us another mislynch, if he misses we don't lose anything.

If he has no shots left, back to rofl and using scumhunting to finish the job off.
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:58 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote Yosarian

Don't know what I was thinking last night, Yos has been very scummy this game.
Yos, are you scum?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Um, I really think we should lynch rofl.

I agree that yos is probably scum and maybe GF, but I would rather just take the safe route here. We cannot lose by lynching rofl, because he's either scum, or town who gives us one scum in thesp and two innocents in yos and vp. Our worst case scenario there is with rofl being town, and even then we get thesp as scum and two innocents. Our worst case scenario is quite awesome. Plus kmd can probably vig thesp tonight, so either way we will have another dead scum by morning.

I would rather not go for a possible 2-fer-1 trying to lynch a possible GF, who if we're wrong will really screw us up. If rofl is traitor, we lynch Yos tomorrow and he's probably GF. There's nothing really lost by doing it that way. It takes an extra day, but we can afford that. We cannot afford to lynch yos first if for some reason he flips town.

I would rather take the safe route that will keep us from losing should we be wrong, over going for the outright gonzo win which will cause us to go down in flames if we're wrong.
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by charter »

If rofl is town:
charter

ekiM

elvis_knits
Kmd4390

PookyTheMagicalBear
roflcopter

SerialClergyman

Thesp
VP Baltar

Yosarian2

zu_Faul

I include myself and ekim in this list, since we can easily confirm ourselves. I include SC since he's pretty much the towniest person here and he's most likely going to die protecting kmd.

I'm not buying this as our remaining four scum. I think Elvis is town, and I think Pooky is probably town.

I'd be willing to lynch zu Faul today as well, since he's guaranteed scum as well, but the probable twofer we're going to get by lynching Yosarian seems the best idea to me.

If kmd is taking vig requests, my vote is for zu faul (assuming we lynch one of rofl/yos and the other doesn't die) since he's by far the scummiest person still alive.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”