he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rofl, results please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 am

Post by charter »

ekiM wrote:BTW, Reading the role PMs I think the mafia team know who the traitor is from the start.
How do you figure this? I don't see it. (also doesn't make much sense, cause they'd just recruit him right away)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think SC's scum list was pretty good.

I think this is the way it should go, assuming everyone on this list keeps flipping scum and the game continues with more scum to lynch:

1)Lynch Rofl
2)Watch Yos suicide. If that doesn't happen:
3)Lynch Yos
4)Lynch Zu
5)Watch Thesp suicide. If that doesn't happen:
6)Lynch Thesp

If there is a problem in there anywhere, where someone is by some miracle not scum, we should look at:

Pooky, VP

Charter, SC, ekiM all seem pretty town to me after yesterday. They didn't have to lynch tajo. If, however, rofl flips town we might have to look at them. I consider the chances of rofl flipping town infintessimal (sp?).

KMD is the only person to have claimed vig, nobody countered and nobody shot him overnight (if he was faking, the real vig would have shot him), so I think he has to be the vig.

That's everybody, right?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

charter wrote:
ekiM wrote:BTW, Reading the role PMs I think the mafia team know who the traitor is from the start.
How do you figure this? I don't see it. (also doesn't make much sense, cause they'd just recruit him right away)
The way the PMs are written as: Your buddies are: Mafia (??), Mafia (??), etc.

It looks like the "??" would stand for "goon" or "roleblocker" or "traitor."

I don't know what you're talking about recruiting. It looks to me like recruiting isn't a part of the way traitor works in this game. It seems like the traitor only knows who the GF is from the PM, but the whole rest of the team knows who the traitor is.

So basically I think one of rofl/Yos and Zu/Thesp is lovers and hte other is a GF/traitor pair.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

roflcopter: 4 (charter, elvis_knits, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear)

Not Voting: 7 (ekiM, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, VP Baltar, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:18 am

Post by charter »

I'm rereading right now. I'm less sure about VP being town right now. I believe his wagon had all but one confirmed/certainly town people on it, worth another look down the road.

VP Baltar: 6 (
ekiM
iamausername, Ojanen
SerialClergyman
, Thesp,
Xylthixlm
, Elvis)

And after yesterday, Elvis looks pretty town. Granted, it could be mostly town since it happened in the span of one page. Another thing is VP was constantly unvoting tajo.

I pretty much agree with the plan Elvis suggested. I still don't see how ekim's role confirms him, but he has to be NK'ed at some point, so that eliminates that wifom.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EK wrote:That's everybody, right?
Personally, I don't care for Pooky's whole interaction yesterday with tajo yesterday, so he's higher on my hypo-scum list, but other than that I pretty much agree with your plan.
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 am

Post by charter »

elvis_knits wrote:
charter wrote:
The way the PMs are written as: Your buddies are: Mafia (??), Mafia (??), etc.

It looks like the "??" would stand for "goon" or "roleblocker" or "traitor."

I don't know what you're talking about recruiting. It looks to me like recruiting isn't a part of the way traitor works in this game. It seems like the traitor only knows who the GF is from the PM, but the whole rest of the team knows who the traitor is.

So basically I think one of rofl/Yos and Zu/Thesp is lovers and hte other is a GF/traitor pair.
Ah, ok. Last time I was a traitor, none of us knew the other and the scumteam had to 'NK' me to recruit me.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah I've seen traitors need to be recruited before, but I don't think this game works that way.

I would be open to charter's suggestion that VP might be scum, and open to VP's suggestiong that Pooky might be scum. I think both of those are possible. I think they're less likely than zu/thesp, but we should discuss it.

But whatever we do, I think rofl and Yos die first. They are almost definitely scum, and need to die ASAP. Then if we make a mistake we have some breathing room.

The reason I tend to think pooky is town is because all the scummy people were trying to lynch him over tajo yesterday. I mean, it's entirely possible that tajo and pooky are both scum, and the rest of the team had to go for the pooky lynch to try to save tajo who was faking a confirm on most of them. Entirely possible. Although I tend to think the scum team wanted a mislynch... especially given the juicy pooky target. All the guy ever posts is "pooky town! don't lynch me! I'm innocent! Really!" I mean, if he's town, he looks like an easy mislynch to scum.

Although, I seem to remember the people on the pooky lynch being spread out all over the place before the wagon built on tajo. rofl and someone where voting iamausername and yos was voting SC. So it's possible they were forced to come to the pooky wagon as the only viable alternate wagon to tajo. And tajo dying was worst case scenario for them because it implicated them as scum.

Pooky is possible.

VP I lean town for a few reasons. 1)He ultimately did vote tajo. We were so close there, VP could have pushed the lynch the other way. 2)Rofl confirms him vanilla, and given that I think rofl is faking his claim and fake confirming yos, it seems a little hard to believe that he confirmed two of his buddies in a fake claim. It seems too risky. You got to throw in one actual townie to make your results believable.

Anyway, those reasons aren't like unbreakable or anything, but that's what my reasoning is.

Plus, zu breadcrumbing thesp innocent is just too scummy. And neither of them have played very pro-town other than that. Thesp has been lurky, and zu was pretty scummy D1 when I had problems with him.
Talk nerdy to me.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, EK, that is pretty much what I was thinking about pooky if he is actually scum as well. If rofl and Yos are on the scum team, losing pooky would have damaged them substantially less than tajo being lynched.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Wait I was just thinking about this in the shower. What if they were both scum and pooky came down to the deciding vote, he could have voted himself, but that would have made it pretty obvious that tajo was scum, and that rofl and yos were scum too. But they would have survived an extra day, taking out pooky first.

However they might have decided it was better in the long run to have pooky hammer tajo. Even though the damage to the scum team would be severe, they wouldn't have been able to avoid that anyway, so they tried to make pooky look town in the process?

I wonder what would have happened if pooky had failed to vote anyone... I don't know what mith's deadline rules are... or who reached six votes first between pooky and tajo.
Talk nerdy to me.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 am

Post by ekiM »

I'm really starting to think Yos is the Godfather. I'll come back to this game tomorrow or so.

No rushing, please.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 am

Post by ekiM »

Also I am heartily amused by the way nobody off the Tajo wagon has spoken yet today.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EK wrote:I wonder what would have happened if pooky had failed to vote anyone... I don't know what mith's deadline rules are... or who reached six votes first between pooky and tajo.
It would have been a no lynch. However, Iam had stated his intentions of switching to tajo at deadline if necessary. Pooky was the first to six, iirc.
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

charter wrote: VP Baltar: 6 (
ekiM
iamausername, Ojanen
SerialClergyman
, Thesp,
Xylthixlm
, Elvis)
This does put a question in my mind about VP. Thesp is probably scum though, if that makes a difference.

I still wonder if a rofl fakeclaiming would confirm two of his buddies by claiming Yos and VP. I guess it's a WIFOM type thing though.

I think that VP or Pooky are possibly scum, and we can consider whether we want to lynch one of them before one of zu/thesp. I still think zu/thesp are much scummier. And whatever we do, we should lynch rofl and yos before anything else. There really doesn't need to be a discussion about that.

If Rofl is town by some miracle, he will get in here and give his result from last night and then just take his lynch like a manly bunny. If he's scum, he'll drag it out like he did when we needed him to claim yesterday.
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:28 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

I'm really starting to think Yos is the Godfather.
Yes. I think I convinced myself again.

But honestly, I don't see too much of a reason to risk it and vote him over rofl (given that if town, rofl will potentially give three results where Yos2 would give none.)

The point about the wagon on VP is what I've been saying for a while - it's a very odd wagon if vp is town when viewed in the light of the Xyl lynch.
That and I've had a scum read on VP all game.

elvis, what makes you suspect zu and thesp?
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:
elvis, what makes you suspect zu and thesp?
Well, I suspected zu strongly D1. Then beginning of D2 he comes in and crumbs "I think Thesp is a good citizen."

So I sort of backed off and let that play out. Despite the fact that thesp lurked and was basically unhelpful, I figured maybe he was laying low since zu had crumbed he was town. I thought maybe he didn't want to make himself a bigger target, especially if he was PR too.

Yet they both claimed vanilla yesterday!

So, zu's claim does not match with the breadcrumb. There is an obvious link between the two, and Thesp has not been very helpful or involved most of hte game. He lurks on and off and seems to try to get by with the minimum.

Also zu/thesp didn't want to lynch either of iamausername/rofl. A viewpoint which is decidedly beneficial to scum if one of iam/rofl is scum. So their stance there was protective to rofl (who is almost definitely scum). And another instance where zu/thesp agree.
Talk nerdy to me.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i am wholeheartedly behind to lynch rofl->yos->thesp/zu thing

they mad scummy. tried to kill poor innocent me.

where is rofl's invest?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:they mad scummy. tried to kill poor innocent me.
As usual, this type of insight is priceless.

:P
Talk nerdy to me.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

thx elvis

i know u gots my back

we gun get dem scum guuuud!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

lol

pooks ur my hero
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:59 am

Post by charter »

Actually, I say we lynch zu faul right after Yos. Zu faul
was
clearly lying about his "thesp is a good citizen" statement, then when asked about it, he goes straight to accusing me of rolefishing. I think rofl took the claim zu faul wanted to fake, and he was forced to just claim vanilla. Plus, like Elvis said, he spent all of day one hindering everyone he could and has been generally scummy all game.

I think zu faul is much scummier than either pooky or VP. Both of them did eventually vote for tajo, which gives them each some town points.

Sorry about thinking you were scum all game Elvis. Need to go get my brain checked or something.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't blame you charter as I was mostly attacking town in the beginning except zu which I stopped attacking because I thought he was a power role. I gave rofl too much leeway because I have a crush on him.
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 am

Post by charter »

I thought of something else. If rofl flips traitor, DON'T shoot Yosarian, Kmd. It's possible he's NK immune. Shoot whoever else.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

i have no idea what tajo's gameplan was yesterday. i really didn't think it was possible for him to be scum fakeclaiming when my neck was on the line at the time. considering the counterwagon that almost lynched over tajo was pooky, i'm pretty sure he's town. which is why i didn't investigate him.

instead i investigated thesp. he's not vanilla.

vote: thesp
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”