Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:10 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

fuzzylightning wrote:i know that, but that is not what i am saying, speculating someone is town really doesn't help the scum
There's nothing wrong with saying someone is town, it's someone asking someone else that seems scummy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Brandi »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
The mafia knows everyone who isn't scum. That is a fact. Asking someone who they think is town is not, and has never been, a scum tactic. Opinions and information help the
TOWN.
You've said nothing to convince me of otherwise.

Also, bringing up 3rd parties? I don't think scum would care if they hit town or 3rd parties. Scum wins when they are the majority regardless. So even still, your point that scum is somehow HELPED by asking other players who they view is town is wrong.

Now, if someone were to ask "HEY. WHO DO YOU THINK IS A COP OR A DOCTOR!?" Now THAT would be scummy.

Scum doesn't rolefish for townies.

It's good to see you engaging in some actual discussion, though.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Brandi wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote: That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
The mafia knows everyone who isn't scum. That is a fact. Asking someone who they think is town is not, and has never been, a scum tactic. Opinions and information help the
TOWN.
You've said nothing to convince me of otherwise.

Also, bringing up 3rd parties? I don't think scum would care if they hit town or 3rd parties. Scum wins when they are the majority regardless. So even still, your point that scum is somehow HELPED by asking other players who they view is town is wrong.

Now, if someone were to ask "HEY. WHO DO YOU THINK IS A COP OR A DOCTOR!?" Now THAT would be scummy.

Scum doesn't rolefish for townies.

It's good to see you engaging in some actual discussion, though.
I disagree, scum would prefer a SK stay alive as opposed to a town power role. And I never said I opposed discussion, I opposed the treatment by Starbuck and no one bothering to question her.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Brandi,

if you were scum and asked everyone in the game who they think is town, and one name comes up on 8 people's townlists, aren't you more likely to kill that player? I don't know about you, but if I were scum, I wouldn't want a player around who everyone thinks is town. But if half of those 8 people refused to answer the question, the scum may not realize how many people see this player as likely town. So as frustrating as it can be, someone not giving all of their reads is actually a good thing.

--------------------

Monkey,

I disagree about SKs. Scum want them gone ASAP. As long as there is a role that can kill at night opposing them (vig/SK), scum not only have to avoid the lynch, but a NK as well. They are no longer safe at night. So their odds of dying increase twice as much just by having a vig or SK alive. So yeah, they want SKs gone and if one is in the game, that's who they would, or at least should, go after.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Brandi,

if you were scum and asked everyone in the game who they think is town, and one name comes up on 8 people's townlists, aren't you more likely to kill that player? I don't know about you, but if I were scum, I wouldn't want a player around who everyone thinks is town. But if half of those 8 people refused to answer the question, the scum may not realize how many people see this player as likely town. So as frustrating as it can be, someone not giving all of their reads is actually a good thing.

--------------------

Monkey,

I disagree about SKs. Scum want them gone ASAP. As long as there is a role that can kill at night opposing them (vig/SK), scum not only have to avoid the lynch, but a NK as well. They are no longer safe at night. So their odds of dying increase twice as much just by having a vig or SK alive. So yeah, they want SKs gone and if one is in the game, that's who they would, or at least should, go after.
The only reason I say that is that SK are more likely to hit town than scum at least early game. Obviously the SK has to go at some point, but my point is that one playing asking another player about who they think is town sounds like scum trying to get ideas on who to kill. Also it can lead to role speculation.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I still disagree. Yes, they are technically more likely to hit town, but they scare scum regardless. It's a pointless argument anyway, so I'll stop.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Brandi »

Kmd4390 wrote:Brandi,

I think I understand better with the way you have worded things. I suppose you are right, scum would want to get rid of a player that the entire town viewed as town. But I did not ask everyone who they thought was town, I asked Monkey, because I genuinely wanted his opinion. I did not see how such a question could be detrimental to the town.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:31 am

Post by chamber »

[quote="Brandi"]@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)
[/quote

There is a difference between pointing out a fact, and pointing out a fact while being a jackass. You were doing the latter. Your words may have claimed to push him to continue, but I think your actions did the opposite. I think hes restarted playing inspite of them, not because of them.

Unvote vote fuzzy
Taking a break from the site.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Woah, why the vote Chamber? you haven't even mentioned me at all in any post AFAIK
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Brandi »

chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)
[/quote

There is a difference between pointing out a fact, and pointing out a fact while being a jackass. You were doing the latter. Your words may have claimed to push him to continue, but I think your actions did the opposite. I think hes restarted playing inspite of them, not because of them.

Unvote vote fuzzy
Sounds like you have a personal problem. I was being brutally honest, not insulting. You calling me a jackass though, that's an insult.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Crazy »

Eh... I gotta look at this game later.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Brandi »

Probably didn't need to use the quote button. Oh well.

@Fuzzy: It seems to me that Chamber just likes voting for people without giving any reasons. Which is pretty scummy. (As I've mentioned previously)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeySudo wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: Semioldguy

He's attacked my posting, yet he's only posted like four times so far, and it's all pretty much been related to me(ie following Starbuck). He's been doing no scumhunting on his own.
This is OMGUS, not to mention that you've pretty much made yourself the topic of discussion through your actions.
Kmd4390 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: Nothing seems off. Some players dislike random voting and will use other means to generate discussion (for example, The Fonz asks everybody questions).
SC wrote:What do you expect me to give you, a 25-page report on him? I am not Gorrad; therefore, I cannot tell you his thought processes other than what he has said already about them. I can make educated guesses, but even those are wrong. If there were no reactions to what he did, this conversation would not be happening.
Thanks for conceding your original point.
You're quite welcome, sir.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Brandi wrote:O_o

Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
you're more suspicious at this point than semioldguy, so...

Unvote:
Vote: Brandi
Scene 117: MonkeyMan576 commits OMGUS, take 2.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
MonkeySudo wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: Semioldguy

He's attacked my posting, yet he's only posted like four times so far, and it's all pretty much been related to me(ie following Starbuck). He's been doing no scumhunting on his own.
This is OMGUS, not to mention that you've pretty much made yourself the topic of discussion through your actions.
Kmd4390 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: Nothing seems off. Some players dislike random voting and will use other means to generate discussion (for example, The Fonz asks everybody questions).
SC wrote:What do you expect me to give you, a 25-page report on him? I am not Gorrad; therefore, I cannot tell you his thought processes other than what he has said already about them. I can make educated guesses, but even those are wrong. If there were no reactions to what he did, this conversation would not be happening.
Thanks for conceding your original point.
You're quite welcome, sir.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Brandi wrote:O_o

Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
you're more suspicious at this point than semioldguy, so...

Unvote:
Vote: Brandi
Scene 117: MonkeyMan576 commits OMGUS, take 2.
It's not OMGUS if my point is valid. What would you have me do, NOT vote who I see as the scummist?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by chamber »

Brandi wrote:
chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

Unvote vote fuzzy
Sounds like you have a personal problem. I was being brutally honest, not insulting. You calling me a jackass though, that's an insult.
I was just being brutally honest, oh wait, its the same thing.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

First you vote semioldguy for attacking you, then Brandi gets on your case and you switch your vote to her for a reason I can't figure out. Tell me those are townie things to be doing.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote:First you vote semioldguy for attacking you, then Brandi gets on your case and you switch your vote to her for a reason I can't figure out. Tell me those are townie things to be doing.
Yes, it is townie to point out someone for lack of scumhunting and the next person for asking who is town.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

semioldguy is not scumhunting? *scoffs*

Also, you're misrepresenting Brandi. She asked for who you
THINK
is town, not who
DEFINITIVELY
is town. She wants your opinion, and you're not giving it to her.

fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

@chamber: What reasons do you have for voting for me?

FoS: Chamber
for not providing any reason for voting for someone that he hadn't mentioned in any post to this point.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by chamber »

fuzzylightning wrote:@chamber: What reasons do you have for voting for me?

FoS: Chamber
for not providing any reason for voting for someone that he hadn't mentioned in any post to this point.
I don't give reasons along side votes.

@coug like 1/3 the town is attacking monkey, you expect him to only vote in the other 2/3s? I don't really agree with his reasons but they aren't just "cause they are voting me" so its not omgus.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote:semioldguy is not scumhunting? *scoffs*

Also, you're misrepresenting Brandi. She asked for who you
THINK
is town, not who
DEFINITIVELY
is town. She wants your opinion, and you're not giving it to her.
That's right, I think it's scummy to ask for someone's opinion on who is town. I don't want to help scum, so I'm not answering the question. Do you think all questions should be answered weather they are pro-town questions or not?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:And I never said I opposed discussion, I opposed the treatment by Starbuck and no one bothering to question her.
What treatment? I never ad hom attacked you. I got us out of RVS, and you have been overreacting to anything and everything. Do me a favor and quit blaming your behavior on me. You are better than this, I've seen it. So stop it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:And I never said I opposed discussion, I opposed the treatment by Starbuck and no one bothering to question her.
What treatment? I never ad hom attacked you. I got us out of RVS, and you have been overreacting to anything and everything. Do me a favor and quit blaming your behavior on me. You are better than this, I've seen it. So stop it.
Now who's not letting it go?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well, my vote will be staying where it is since Monkey can do nothing else but insult and blame me for his behavior (a.k.a. ad hom). I do find chamber suspicious for being such a white knight for Monkey.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:32 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Bump for a vote count
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony