The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Alvinz is in how many games and what are they, those of you in the know? All I saw on a quick google search was Plum's game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am

Post by dramonic »

well, minimally compare this to dodgeball mafia.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am

Post by dramonic »

Also, IioA is information instead of analysis.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, trust me, I looked at dodgeball and his performance here is pitiful in comparison, but if he's simply not going to play then I'd rather see him replaced.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Benmage wrote:Well, policy lynch the bad players.
Yeah, policy lynches have been proven to be very useful for scum.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:56 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

game with a miller and tubby/vollkan.

The situation was somewhat different (day 2 claim of miller), but the reaction from tubby was very different. (88... 77 was in refrence to large 88, iso [tubby] 77)

Sorry for a bit of a delay, but I just wanted to see how much I could get people to comment on this situation while still not knowing much about what I was talking about. When you also look at a majority of tubbys posts have been locking in on one thing and not paying attention to/commenting on much else, im happy with my vote. An explaination is warrented.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by tubby216 »

LlamaFluff wrote:game with a miller and tubby/vollkan.

The situation was somewhat different (day 2 claim of miller), but the reaction from tubby was very different. (88... 77 was in refrence to large 88, iso [tubby] 77)

Sorry for a bit of a delay, but I just wanted to see how much I could get people to comment on this situation while still not knowing much about what I was talking about. When you also look at a majority of tubbys posts have been locking in on one thing and not paying attention to/commenting on much else, im happy with my vote. An explaination is warrented.
omfg, please try harder you are better than this llama,

so you think sb's play has been townie thus far in this game??

you think i am a better choice? I bet you thought Obama would fix the world too huh. good luck
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Finished my read.
Vote: KMD

Obvscum. And Sajin is almost certainly his buddy.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

tubby216 wrote:so you think sb's play has been townie thus far in this game??
Not the most town player in the game, but I think that she is town at this point in the game and really do not see me voting her in the near future. Also you are trying to say that you are basing your vote on SB being scummy, not a miller, which is at least in quite a large part false.
you think i am a better choice? I bet you thought Obama would fix the world too huh. good luck
Then SB, no doubt you are my choice. I dont have too many strong reads at this point. You, Cass, and milk are all bugging me quite a bit, and I wouldnt lose too much sleep over a lynch of any of you (possibly alvinz as a deadline-policy thing, but I think we are past a policy lynch stage). When you are acting very different then you were in a different game though in a very similar scenario, well its enough for me to put you over the top.

Also give me a good ol' fashioned monarchy.

I need to reread and see where the kmd hate is coming from. At least the other wagons I can see thier origins
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Llama had a valid point, Tubby.

BM, why?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I'd say im about 94% sure KMD is scum. The only thing that gives me doubts is, when he was scum in Appenine, i didnt manage to nail him. Why would he be so obvious here?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote: BM, why?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: BM, why?
Vaya's vote on Jordan with no reasoning on Page 2 is a towntell. KMD pushing the "why Jordan and not Kise?" thing early on looks bad in light of Jordan's townflip. Could indicate a KMD-Kise scumpair. I dont like the way Benmage backed him up on this either. KMD only hops on the Vaya wagon after Stark does, which is scummy. Ben then follows his vote. 99 by Dramonic is not very logical. 103 makes me think Vaya's vote is null, and he is just over-confident. 109 by Sociopath is scummy - given he didnt mention Benmage being scummy until he was pushed on it. 113 by Benmage is completely inexplicable- since when did he become Anti-BW? 0.o'
115 by Plum doesn't look so bad on reflection. The phrase "case-by-case" is starting to bug me now. I wouldnt be too surprised if PRs were rife in this game. 131 by Benmage reads as genuine. 134 by KMD is BS. Quantity of posting was absolutely nothing to do with why we lost Appenine Mafia. Effectively, this equals his entire case on Benmage. 139 by Plum is unbelievably scummy. I'm intrigued as to whether KMD thinks Ben's reaction to his dayvig gambit was scummy. Personally, i dont think so. i dont understand why Dramonic is upset that KMD didnt kill Benmage... 166 by Socio is true. Dramonic believing Kise's claim despite everyone else realising it was probably bs, is scummy. 176 by Khan is very scummy. The third party comment by Dramonic isnt a big deal. It's consistent with suspecting that Deathnote did not get a clear-cut "town" or "mafia" PM. 187 by Plum- a slip? "Not town, IT WOULD SEEM". Is Khan uber-aggressive as town? Sociopath is feeling a bit like a narrator. 204 also suggests Plum knew that Deathnote was town. On inspection, the wagon on Stark is ridiculous. In the same manner DeathNote failed to read his role pm, why is it so hard to believe that Stark did the same? Sajin's explanation in 210 is very weak. 224- My God. Could Plum be any more obviously scum?! Benmage's reaction to the dayvig claim, is the greatest point in his favour. Lmao at 287. Benmage's questioning of my suspicion of Jordan is scummy. KMD's scumlist in 294 could be useful if he is scum. 2 of his 4 suspects have already flipped town- and im betting at least 1 of the others is his buddy. That's Benmage and Sajin. Vaya's adamant stance against my ultimatum reads as town. Milkshake's logic in 311 is very odd-seems to mimic that given by SB. SpyreX hopping back to Jordan is a towntell if Dramonic is town. 321 - KMD knows Deathnote is town? 325- KMD's meta comments are honest. Stark's lack of concession to the wagon is a towntell. 333 by Sajin is a humongous slip. Why has nobody picked up on this? Much as i dont like the way KMD is holding up the meta shield without any need to analyse further, i cant see any protown motivation for Sajin's post. 339 by Poptaj is good posting. Jordan flipping town is a slight towntell for Plum in light of 346, but i could still see him as buddies with KK. 351 - Benmage, are you claiming that you've never had a scum QT? Yeh, i dont like 352 by Tubby. Vollkan is cruising up till now. I dont agree with DGB's 402. Vollkan-KMD scumpair seems unlikely from Vollkan's sarcastic vote. 406 is another point against Sajin. 417 by KMD cleverly leaves the option of Vollkan being scum open. Dramonic doing another daykill is scummy, after all the previous comments about it being a towntell. Llama 442- Ben was referring to Appenine Mafia. :P 470 by Stark had me in stitches! lol

Page 20. Current LoS:

Scum: Sajin, KMD, Plum, Dramonic
To be watched: Benmage, Khan, Milkshake
Neutral: Everyone else.
Slightly town: Poptaj, Kise, Vaya, Llama
Town: Stark, VP Baltar, SnowBunny, DGB

482 by Cass is very scummy. Rosso Carne is outright lurking. Could be scum. DGB's posts on page 20 are top notch. 557 - Assuming Stark is town, KMD and Sajin are probably buddies. 568 is scummy. But this is a rather pointless exercise now, isnt it? I've noticed Dram has a tendency to ignore comments to him. Wtf is 619 about? 630 also seems like a massive slip. 645 - retarded, but not scummy? 680- Ben's DGB hate is ill-conceived. 685 - KMD and Sajin are definitely scumchums! haha :D 697 Milkshake goes a' fishin'. DGB's hop from KMD to Snow is hideously quick. 706 distancing? Could be a good read, but could be Milkshake-scum. Cass's stance on DeathNote is consistent. At the time of reading, i liked 723. 757 is lol. 760 by KMD is sheer bs. KMD comes off worst from the exchange with Sajin. So, i prefer a KMD lynch first. I like Dramonics 794. 820 by KMD is a pitifully weak response to SpyreX. 831 is a weak retort by Tubby. But probably town.

Page 34

That's what i've got so far. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Llama had a valid point, Tubby.

BM, why?
no llama is reaching go go go Mr Fantastic
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by milkshake »

My, BM's big block of text was difficult to read! However:
Milkshake's logic in 311 is very odd-seems to mimic that given by SB.
Right... actually that bears talking about further. I think I understand what you are thinking.

However, the "miller claim as a way for cops to test their sanity" idea (which SB mentioned originally and which I mentioned when talking about miller claim) and the "miller claim so that cops don't waste an investigation on you" idea (which presumably folks would be OK with) are actually nearly the same thing. They are based on the same fact, which is that a claimed miller has an guarunteed investigation result. They are just different conclusions drawn about what cops should do about that result.

Tell me if I am understanding this wrong. This comes from a game I read... my impression from that game I read was that this is why claiming miller was a null tell (that's the conclusion the people there drew).

Of course, this is largely just theory at the moment... since the whole SB thing has gone
way
beyond his miller claim. But a miller claim is some actual hard data so that's why I like it...
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by milkshake »

the whole SB thing has gone
way
beyond his miller claim.
Oooops, I was thinking about a different game for a second... so my exageration of how big the SB case is was overstated! It still has gone beyond his miller claim, though.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by dramonic »

This game and dodgeball share too much of a player-list. It's hard not to cross-post @_@

@BM: That was not a pleasant read. Try to put more space, it just looks clogged to hell.
I'm a hoot
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote:- Benmage, are you claiming that you've never had a scum QT?
Battle, where did I say i've never had a scum QT?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

BM, the question to Vaya was legit. Vaya said the Jordan vote was just for the sake of wagoning and it was on the second largest wagon. When Stark voted, I figured a second vote would be good to add some pressure. Vaya answered pretty well, but hasn't done much since.

No, Yaw's game was pretty bad as far as walls/spam/lurkers. Whether it's why we (the scum) won or not, it was a pretty hot topic in the postgame. Benmage saw that and I believe he tried to replicate it. Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgoten that point against Ben.

Of course I think Ben's reaction to my fakekill was scummy. Didn't I say that a few times?

Gonna make me open another window now so I can see what 321 was...
Me where BM says I know DN to be town wrote:Spy, why so sure you were wrong about DeathNote?
How do you get me knowing DN to be town out of this? I was questioning Spy for turning around on his stance. I'm still going after DN at that point.
BM wrote:417 by KMD cleverly leaves the option of Vollkan being scum open.
Kmd in 417 wrote:DGB, Volkan isn't bussing me. I'm town.
What is clever about that? Of course it's possible for him to be scum. He happens to be one of my biggest town reads so far, but I could be wrong.

--------------------

Tubby, what is reaching about what Llama said? In that game, you hardly reacted to the miller claim. Here, you wanted a lynch immediately. Why such a difference?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Plum »

BM: I realized in retrospect that my reactions to Kmd's early gambit were considerably too enthusiastic. On the first day when Kmd tried a gambit on a player I already suspected I must have gotten caught up in the heat of the moment. Am I now convinced that Benmage's reactions indicate scumhood %100 - or even constitute a very clear and very string scumtell? Absolutely not. Did I let the excitement of a fast-moving game get to my head for an hour or two? Absolutely, and I shouldn't have.

No, 187 is not a slip; I use "as it seems" a lot because I've learned how stupid Townies can be - and that what seem like incontrovertible scumtells are sometimes committed by Townies - so even when something looks at first to be indicative of like %95 sure scumhood I've come to avoid speaking in absolutes in many (though not all - here we go again with avoiding them) cases. 204 was prompted by what really looked to me like caught scum giving up and fooling around in declaring his intention to commit an almost universally known scumtell. Re: 224: I always believe that looking into scumbuddies is something that should, almost without exception, be left untill at least someone has flipped because I've found in the past that this was detrimental to the Town in general. That is what I meant by "Its proper time".

I've disliked Kmd a fair amount over the last few days when I haven't had the time to put together a comprehensive-enough post - and I plan to make a case on him, or at least a summation of how I see him, tomorrow. Tubby's recent post has done something in strengthening my convictions that I'm on the right path with him but Kmd's actions demand, well, action.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kmd4390 wrote: No, Yaw's game was pretty bad as far as walls/spam/lurkers. Whether it's why we (the scum) won or not, it was a pretty hot topic in the postgame. Benmage saw that and I believe he tried to replicate it. Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgoten that point against Ben.
I'm missing this point...what happened?

Yeah I read Yaw's QT, or skimmed...It was mostly on kill targets if I recall...impartial N0...DDD wanting to kill me, but than you wanting to kill Camn, getting it D2...me being gungho on jammer....SF being useless...Me being confirmed town, but not a leader, so Vi was killed....i dont recall much going, ahaha woot at all the walls o text...but maybe.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ben, I don't mean the QT. I mean the game thread.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kmd4390 wrote:Ben, I don't mean the QT. I mean the game thread.
Oh and which am i trying to replicate? Spam?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yep. Ironic that you have the most posts in the game too.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kmd4390 wrote:Yep. Ironic that you have the most posts in the game too.
I know!!

I was meaning to slow down too...so this'll have to be my last one for the night.

But I was spamming when the game opened partly in jest, and partly because the rvs can be spammed/quick nothingness to get things moving. Tho with 27(-2) It would be silly for me to flood this game, and I am trying to cut back. Or add more of that quality over quantity(i know i havent yet).

But if you see the first day this game opened i got like 36 posts...the next few days it drops to 8-9 8 again maybe... i forget..theres a 2 in there, a 5 i think even a day with 0...so yes I realized the spam on my own and am cutting back/will not flood with uselessness.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”