Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Could you fix my quote tag please?

quote tags fixed
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:32 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Jazzmyn, Starbuck, StrangerCoug, Crazy, semioldguy
Crazy (2) - ZONEACE, chamber
Brandi (2) - MonkeyMan576, Gorrad
Starbuck (1) - Brandi
Gorrad (1) - kmd4390

Not Voting (1) - fuzzylightning
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

SC, he'd have to bank on being called on it. I don't see it as an intentional discussion starter.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

After reading the entirety of the Starbuck/Monkey exchange, it looks to me like a bit of a tempest in a teacup. My vote for Monkey was entirely random, and the votecount above indicates that he now has 5 votes, which is an awful lot for being only one real life day into a new game, so I am going to unvote.

Unvote

Regards,
Jazz
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by chamber »

Jazzmyn wrote:After reading the entirety of the Starbuck/Monkey exchange, it looks to me like a bit of a tempest in a teacup. My vote for Monkey was entirely random, and the votecount above indicates that he now has 5 votes, which is an awful lot for being only one real life day into a new game, so I am going to unvote.

Unvote

Regards,
Jazz
Do the number of votes on him make you want to do something other then just unvote?
Taking a break from the site.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kmd4390 wrote:Starbuck, do you consider your vote on Monkey to be a jokevote? Why or why not? Do you buy his explanation? If not, why? If so, why no unvote?
I don't consider it to be a jokevote. Take his response:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Why wouldn't you read through the other posts before just voting?
I did read some, but usually the RVS isn't meant to be taken seriously. Hence the term random votes.
I've been playing here for awhile. I know what RVS is for and what it potentially starts. So you don't need to talk down at me. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Then don't vote me for something as petty as voting for the same reason you did, when it had nothing to do with you.
I don't like how he thinks that him using the same reason as me and the fact that he didn't read through the other posts before posting is a petty reason for voting him. I don't particularly like how he is downplaying my vote.

He keeps repeating over and over again that my vote is without good reasoning or is poor-reasoned.

He also says that I don't know why I voted. I don't like this downplay of my actions either. I voted for three reasons. The first is because I find it odd that Monkey just straight off voted without reading the others posts (RVS or not) & I wanted to garner his reaction, the second was to get us out of RVS, and the third was to generate discussion. And look, all of the above occurred!

I also find it comical that Monkey is using the childish ways of "It wasn't me. She did it!" when it comes to who threw a hissy fit in post 45.

chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction.
Starbuck wrote:Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.
In what way do statements like this help you judge his reaction?
Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction.
Starbuck wrote:Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.
In what way do statements like this help you judge his reaction?
Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
In what way did that answer my question?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

In what way did it not? He's probably upset because we are right on the dot with his lynch. Either way, he's appealing to emotion.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:28 am

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:In what way did it not? He's probably upset because we are right on the dot with his lynch. Either way, he's appealing to emotion.
My point is that the first statement* seems to imply you already have your answer while the second** seems to suggest you are still seeking one. I don't think anyone can be as certain as you come off as being in the first statement at this point in the game. Then going back on that certainty when called on it seems extremely fishy to me. So I ask again how does mocking someone help you gauge their reaction?

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

So you are focused on me mocking him, but not the reverse when he was mocking me?

Why are you coming to Monkey's defense so fast?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

Chamber, your accusation bothers me because your first post wasn't until post 48. It's like you conveniently slipped into the game. You voted for Monkey then unvoted as soon as Llama posted the vote count.

You then voted for Crazy by downplaying his vote in post 60.

I do think that you need to answer your own question from post 79 because it seems to me that you did the exact thing that you are questioning Jazzmyn about.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Kmd4390 wrote:SC, he'd have to bank on being called on it. I don't see it as an intentional discussion starter.
I beg to differ. Some people think something's up with not random voting, others don't see a problem. Current site meta seems to be against a refusal to random vote, but I don't think not random voting is scummy. It
DID
generate some discussion, which you and I are actually engaging in.
Starbuck wrote:Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
Has he posted elsewhere on site since?

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

What discussion did it generate? Whether or not Gorrad is scummy? Why would Gorradtown want us to discuss that?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well,
I
certainly don't think Gorrad's scummy at this point, Kmd4390. You were the first person to post something that pays any attention to it, and nobody said anything toward you regarding the matter until you asked us for our opinions. The scummy/not scummy discussion bit is something you started, not Gorrad.

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Sorry bout my lack of posting guys, I've been rather busy between having a new roommate move and my dodgeball/drinking league the last few days. I'll post something substantive within 24 hours.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd wrote:What discussion did it generate? Whether or not Gorrad is scummy? Why would Gorradtown want us to discuss that?
I hate when people use logic like that. When they do, I turn it back:

What motivation does Gorrad-scum have for not randomvoting?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Crazy wrote: What motivation does Gorrad-scum have for not randomvoting?
He doesn't connect himself to anyone or bring attention to his vote.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Crazy wrote: What motivation does Gorrad-scum have for not randomvoting?
He doesn't connect himself to anyone or bring attention to his vote.
Lol, but by now everyone knows you get just as much attention, if not more, if you don't vote!

It wasn't much of a scum tactic a long time ago... under the current meta it's completely useless.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Gorrad »

KMD, any connections made in the RVS are so easily dismissed, I'd be a fool to fear them.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

StrangerCoug wrote:Well,
I
certainly don't think Gorrad's scummy at this point, Kmd4390. You were the first person to post something that pays any attention to it, and nobody said anything toward you regarding the matter until you asked us for our opinions. The scummy/not scummy discussion bit is something you started, not Gorrad.
Then WHAT discussion was he starting? You are saying he didn't vote because he wanted to start discussion. I don't see anything.
Gorrad wrote:KMD, any connections made in the RVS are so easily dismissed, I'd be a fool to fear them.
Meh. True. Crazy seems to think that the only way scum are caught is if they do something that would benefit them though.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Starbuck »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Monkey has not been back to the thread since all of this started, even to defend himself. I've played with him before and normally he at least stands up for himself. As someone as seasoned in mafia as Monkey is, it is odd that he'd give up over something so small.
Has he posted elsewhere on site since?
If you go to Monkey's profile you can see that he is posting in his other games, but not in ours.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:Chamber, your accusation bothers me because your first post wasn't until post 48. It's like you conveniently slipped into the game. You voted for Monkey then unvoted as soon as Llama posted the vote count.

You then voted for Crazy by downplaying his vote in post 60.

I do think that you need to answer your own question from post 79 because it seems to me that you did the exact thing that you are questioning Jazzmyn about.
I didn't post till when I did cause I didn't realize day had started. My monkey vote was a joke vote which is why I unvoted as fast as I did. I am doing more than just unvoting. Im voting for one of the people on his wagon and questioning another(you).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

But I already called you out on your completely asinine reasons for voting for Crazy. You voted him for a VERY weak reason. And you just admitted there that you are only voting for him because he's on Monkey's wagon.

Hmm.

FOS: chamber
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Crazy »

Kmd wrote:Meh. True. Crazy seems to think that the only way scum are caught is if they do something that would benefit them though.
Not exactly. I just don't like the argument of "This makes no sense as town, so he must be scum."
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Brandi »

We are definitely out of RVS, and I definitely do not currently view Starbuck as scummy, so:
unvote

Current thoughts:

It's really annoying that Monkey seems to be purposely ignoring this game until the wagon on him is gone. I've never really seen this happen before, but I feel this is a very anti-town action. Even with a wagon on him he could still be here, engaging in/starting discussion and trying to catch scum. Monkey comes off as more anti-town than anything currently, but still slightly scummy.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Chamber, also. He says he is voting for people on the Monkey wagon, but not really explaining why. I can see that he opposes it, but he doesn't seem to dedicate much effort into explaining his thoughts or reasoning.

Gorrad is also being very non-committal in genreal. The only thing that he has done is vote me without giving any actual explanation. Odd that he passed off KMD's points as nothing, yet still voted me when I said something about the subject. I suppose he didn't want to vote the person voting for him, because he didn't want to appear to be OMGUS'ing anyone. KMD comes off as a very aggressive player, so his reaction makes me feel like he is scared. He has also ignored my points and was selective in answering anything directed towards him. Every single post he has made thus far has been a single line long. (except for one, which was TWO lines long) His first "non-vote" was him saying that he hoped he'd stay alive longer in this game. He has come off as very hesitant. It's still early in the day, but there are multiple things going on in which he could give input on.

I feel my reasoning goes beyond just his vote on me, so
vote: Gorrad

No one else particularly stands out as scummy at this point, however when I have more time I'll post thoughts on other players as well. Just about everyone else is pretty neutral.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”