Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:EL, are you going to tunnel on me this entire day? Please let me know if you’re going to so that I can skip focusing on everyone else and work on just getting you lynched for your sheer worthlessness and anti-town behavior.
Followed By This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Players I plan to re-read in more depth based on suspicions: Elvis and Snix.
Makes me think you're trying to scare me away from voting for you rather than you actually finding me scummy.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Also, who ever heard of a town janitor?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576:
charter wrote:MM, please look at how ML responded to my claim. Also note that "starting the Kirby wagon" is not a scumtell. And please tell me why I shouldn't say I don't think DDD is town, since he's given me no reason to think otherwise. Finally, please tell me why you are voting me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:MonkeyMan576:
charter wrote:MM, please look at how ML responded to my claim. Also note that "starting the Kirby wagon" is not a scumtell. And please tell me why I shouldn't say I don't think DDD is town, since he's given me no reason to think otherwise. Finally, please tell me why you are voting me.
Leading a wagon against a townie is a scumtell. You don't think voting records should be used in casebuildling? If you think DDD is town, and several players think he is scummy, maybe you should rethink your position. And I've already stated why I am voting for you, if you read my post.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Yes charter, I would be interested in hearing your complete read on DDD.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Leading a wagon against a townie is a scumtell. You don't think voting records should be used in casebuildling? If you think DDD is town, and several players think he is scummy, maybe you should rethink your position. And I've already stated why I am voting for you, if you read my post.
Ok, I give up. This is so assbackwards, I don't know what to do. First off, you tell me why ML reacted the way he did to my claim, and why that makes me scum.

Leading a wagon against a townie is not a scumtell. I was scumhunting, I thought Kirby was scum, and I did my best to show that to others. If you disagreed with it so much as to find it suspicious, then you needed to say that yesterday, but YOU AGREED WITH ME. You FOS'ed him in your first post after I replaced. How can you fault me because the degree I found him suspicious was greater than the degree you did? MAKES NO SENSE. I just got to page 357 and YOU VOTED HIM! How can you say I'm scummy for voting him when you voted him yourself? Because I voted him first and stopped your wagon? It seems like you're arguing that I'm scum since I started the Kirby wagon instead of hammering you, it doesn't make any sense to me. By that logic, I had to start a wagon on scum in order for me to be town, on day one with no info or flips, or should I have just hammered you? I really don't know what you expected me to do there. What 'should' I have done when I replaced in, in your opinion?

Voting records SHOULD be used in casebuilding, but that's not what you're doing. My voting record was "vote Kirby". You should be looking for people that were voting you when it was popular, then switched on to Kirby, or something like that. Townies vote for townies, it happens. If the logic someone is using to vote is sound, then it isn't a scumtell. If someone is just opportunistically voting, that IS suspicious. (I'll deal with 'oh but DDD is doing this' later)

You voted me for defending DDD and starting the Kirby wagon. I've already covered why I started the Kirby wagon and why that isn't suspicious. As for why I'm defending DDD, it's because his play here is pretty much a clone of Stratego mafia (it's ongoing, so I won't say more, but he's already dead). I really can't give any more than that, other than I do not find his play suspicious. It's very bold and aggressive. He whooped me as scum once, and he was very cautious and left all his options open, at all times. He's definitely not doing that here. So that's why I don't have a scumread on DDD, meta. I suppose you can use 'charter defended DDD' as a reason to vote me, but why wouldn't you use 'ML defended Ecto', because ML IS scum? (I'm not saying do that either, since I'm way less sure, but you get the point) It seems very presumptuous to vote me because I defended DDD when you don't know DDD's alignment. DDD could be town and I'd be right to defend him.

What I do not understand, is why you are completely ignoring the fact that we have one scum dead. Why?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ok, I give up. This is so assbackwards, I don't know what to do. First off, you tell me why ML reacted the way he did to my claim, and why that makes me scum.

Leading a wagon against a townie is not a scumtell. I was scumhunting, I thought Kirby was scum, and I did my best to show that to others. If you disagreed with it so much as to find it suspicious, then you needed to say that yesterday, but YOU AGREED WITH ME. You FOS'ed him in your first post after I replaced. How can you fault me because the degree I found him suspicious was greater than the degree you did? MAKES NO SENSE. I just got to page 357 and YOU VOTED HIM! How can you say I'm scummy for voting him when you voted him yourself? Because I voted him first and stopped your wagon? It seems like you're arguing that I'm scum since I started the Kirby wagon instead of hammering you, it doesn't make any sense to me. By that logic, I had to start a wagon on scum in order for me to be town, on day one with no info or flips, or should I have just hammered you? I really don't know what you expected me to do there. What 'should' I have done when I replaced in, in your opinion?

Voting records SHOULD be used in casebuilding, but that's not what you're doing. My voting record was "vote Kirby". You should be looking for people that were voting you when it was popular, then switched on to Kirby, or something like that. Townies vote for townies, it happens. If the logic someone is using to vote is sound, then it isn't a scumtell. If someone is just opportunistically voting, that IS suspicious. (I'll deal with 'oh but DDD is doing this' later)

You voted me for defending DDD and starting the Kirby wagon. I've already covered why I started the Kirby wagon and why that isn't suspicious. As for why I'm defending DDD, it's because his play here is pretty much a clone of Stratego mafia (it's ongoing, so I won't say more, but he's already dead). I really can't give any more than that, other than I do not find his play suspicious. It's very bold and aggressive. He whooped me as scum once, and he was very cautious and left all his options open, at all times. He's definitely not doing that here. So that's why I don't have a scumread on DDD, meta. I suppose you can use 'charter defended DDD' as a reason to vote me, but why wouldn't you use 'ML defended Ecto', because ML IS scum? (I'm not saying do that either, since I'm way less sure, but you get the point) It seems very presumptuous to vote me because I defended DDD when you don't know DDD's alignment. DDD could be town and I'd be right to defend him.

What I do not understand, is why you are completely ignoring the fact that we have one scum dead. Why?
I have a right to change my mind. In fact I have a duty to change my mind when circumstances change. You're suggesting that if I hold a position on someone in one instance, I'm obligated to keep that position?

I'm not ignoring the dead scum. But we don't know what caused that death, and we do know what caused the townie death.

You're using mostly meta as your argument, and I don't really like that strategy. It can be used to defend or attack anyone, regardless of their true alignment. Meta is a pretty weak analysis compared to other in game tools.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Interesting post Charter, I still want a complete read on DDD, go in depth with this meta reasoning you have.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by charter »

Questions you ignored that you need to answer.
charter wrote:How can you fault me because the degree I found him suspicious was greater than the degree you did?
charter wrote:By that logic, I had to start a wagon on scum in order for me to be town, on day one with no info or flips, or should I have just hammered you?
charter wrote:What 'should' I have done when I replaced in, in your opinion?
MM wrote:I'm not ignoring the dead scum. But we don't know what caused that death, and we do know what caused the townie death.
What does it matter what caused his death? He had interactions with scumbuddies yesterday, you're ignoring all of ML's play.
MM wrote:You're using mostly meta as your argument, and I don't really like that strategy. It can be used to defend or attack anyone, regardless of their true alignment. Meta is a pretty weak analysis compared to other in game tools.
Strongly disagree, but no point in arguing this in the thread.
EL wrote:Interesting post Charter, I still want a complete read on DDD, go in depth with this meta reasoning you have.
I already explained it and gave you my opinion on him, it didn't change, I don't think he's scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by charter »

Oh, if you want me to explain why I don't think DDD is scum, I'm not going to do that. He's responsible for defending himself. If, once he's done that, and I strongly feel he's town, I might say something.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Snix »

Ecto, you seem to have ignored my response to you.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Eldritch Lord wrote:This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:EL, are you going to tunnel on me this entire day? Please let me know if you’re going to so that I can skip focusing on everyone else and work on just getting you lynched for your sheer worthlessness and anti-town behavior.
Followed By This:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Players I plan to re-read in more depth based on suspicions: Elvis and Snix.
Makes me think you're trying to scare me away from voting for you rather than you actually finding me scummy.
I don't have a big read on you either way, a lot of your actions strike me as two faced and Elvis pointed out your hypocrisy yesterday, but it's certainly possible that you're simply misguided. All in all I could go either way on you. BUT if you spend the entire day trying to railroad the one player I know is town (as your actions so far have suggested you want to do), then I can only consider that egregiously anti-town and respond in the harshest way possible. I'm just trying to save us the feeling out process by laying my cards on the table.

So if you want to direct all the attention to your case on me, that's your choice. I'm just letting you know that if that's the case then I'll do everything in my power to eliminate you as a threat to me and the town. If you chose to pursue a more reasonable path then I'll go about scumhunting more conventionally as I'd prefer to do.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

No, I read it. In my estimation 2 scum lie in the following group:

Snix, Danny, elvis, Jordan.

Your interaction with ML felt like fake bickering. It's enough for now. Show me another case, I'll look at it. Elvis has posted way too much for just that brief sentence and a vote. Make me believe it.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:[...]trying to railroad the one player I know is town[...]then I can only consider that egregiously anti-town and respond in the harshest way possible.
Promoting your own towniness, get ready to be railroaded.
-Napoleon I
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:41 am

Post by charter »

MM, also, please explain this:
charter wrote:you tell me why ML reacted the way he did to my claim, and why that makes me scum.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:[...]trying to railroad the one player I know is town[...]then I can only consider that egregiously anti-town and respond in the harshest way possible.
Promoting your own towniness, get ready to be railroaded.
I have serious reservations about your "promoting your own towniness" scumtell.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Got some time waiting to see if EL is actually going to walk down the terrible path he's announced he plans on taking.

News, notes, and questions from an EK re-read:

Elvis news and notes: She seemed rather curious about SL’s claim initially and in her ISO3 says, “And the SL stuff needed to be addressed, even though it wasn't part a case/attack.” Yet despite it needing to be addressed she never really mentions it again. EK, why did you just drop this topic without another word?

She completely nails EL to a wall for his litany of sins, hypocrisy, voting on a wagon he may not have had faith in, and voting purely to force a claim.

The most suspicious thing is that she says she’s willing to hammer, essentially asking for a claim, but when charter clears her to kill Kirby she hammers without waiting for one. Elvis, what was the point of announcing that you were willing to hammer, but not doing so if not to force a claim? Follow-up: If you were looking for a claim, why didn’t you wait for one, instead of hammering when you received permission from another player?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

charter wrote:
vote Elvis

Number of times ML mentioned Elvis the entire game - 0
Number of times Elvis mentioned ML the entire game - 1

It was in post 193, of which I agreed with about none of, and she just mentions him in passing.
ML wasn't really on my radar. I don't see what is scummy about that. I could do a comparison about how many times I mentioned other people and how many times I they mention me. I don't see what a comparison like that proves. Actually, the last person who used that type of comparison on me was DGB in Invitational 10 and she was scum trying to railroad me.

Also, as for 193 and you not agreeing with it... when you replaced in you had a number of things you said that were factually incorrect, as in either you weren't reading very closely at all, or were trying to twist things. So you not agreeing with my reread is really a point in my favor.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Got some time waiting to see if EL is actually going to walk down the terrible path he's announced he plans on taking.

News, notes, and questions from an EK re-read:

Elvis news and notes: She seemed rather curious about SL’s claim initially and in her ISO3 says, “And the SL stuff needed to be addressed, even though it wasn't part a case/attack.” Yet despite it needing to be addressed she never really mentions it again. EK, why did you just drop this topic without another word?
Probably because SL wasn't posting. Sort of hard to interact with someone who isn't there.
DDD wrote:She completely nails EL to a wall for his litany of sins, hypocrisy, voting on a wagon he may not have had faith in, and voting purely to force a claim.
Yeah, I still think EL is hella scummy. His interaction with ML does not dissuade me.
EL wrote:This is a good question Macavity, one I've been asking myself, actually. I suppose I'd like to hear more from DDD before hearing a roleclaim from Monkey.
It looks like they were amping up for a DDD attack here.
DDD wrote: The most suspicious thing is that she says she’s willing to hammer, essentially asking for a claim, but when charter clears her to kill Kirby she hammers without waiting for one. Elvis, what was the point of announcing that you were willing to hammer, but not doing so if not to force a claim? Follow-up: If you were looking for a claim, why didn’t you wait for one, instead of hammering when you received permission from another player?
I didn't wait for a claim because I noticed he had already posted when he was very close to a lynch. He'd had his chance to claim. He even posted to that effect, that he would have claimed if we had made it okay to claim vanilla, but because of the monkey-claimed-vanilla uproar, he didn't feel comfortable.

Anyway, I still think EL is scummiest from everything yesterday. And ML death supports this.

vote Eldritch lord
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:07 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:MM, also, please explain this:
charter wrote:you tell me why ML reacted the way he did to my claim, and why that makes me scum.
I'm not sure which reaction you're referring to...
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:41 am

Post by charter »

elvis_knits wrote:ML wasn't really on my radar. I don't see what is scummy about that. I could do a comparison about how many times I mentioned other people and how many times I they mention me. I don't see what a comparison like that proves. Actually, the last person who used that type of comparison on me was DGB in Invitational 10 and she was scum trying to railroad me.
That's unfortunate. ML was scum, so it seems he should have been on your radar.
Elvis wrote:Also, as for 193 and you not agreeing with it... when you replaced in you had a number of things you said that were factually incorrect, as in either you weren't reading very closely at all, or were trying to twist things. So you not agreeing with my reread is really a point in my favor.
Oh really? You said you liked what I said. Why would you agree with it if it was factually incorrect or I was twisting things? This is what you said:
Elvis 266 wrote:I like some of what charter is saying, except the part that seems to say EL is too scummy to be scum.
Can't keep the story straight, eh?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 am

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
This, MM.
MacavityLock wrote:For everyone, a question about charter's claim. I've never played with a Paranoid Gun Owner before, and as far as I can tell it's a pretty uncommon role. It's going to prevent cops/trackers from targeting him, so this seems like it would make for a pretty amazing fakeclaim. Is it common strategy for a PGO to claim on first post (essentially)? Possibilities that this is a really great fakeclaim? I have no idea, so other opinions/other games/discussions anyone could point me to would be helpful.

ALSO, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN POST 433.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
This, MM.
MacavityLock wrote:For everyone, a question about charter's claim. I've never played with a Paranoid Gun Owner before, and as far as I can tell it's a pretty uncommon role. It's going to prevent cops/trackers from targeting him, so this seems like it would make for a pretty amazing fakeclaim. Is it common strategy for a PGO to claim on first post (essentially)? Possibilities that this is a really great fakeclaim? I have no idea, so other opinions/other games/discussions anyone could point me to would be helpful.

ALSO, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN POST 433.
I agree that it makes a good fakeclaim.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 am

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN POST 433.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Charter, I was thinking of this, where I pointed out how you were not making sense and missing things. I think other people pointed out other things you got wrong, but this was just what I said.
elvis_knits wrote:
charter wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I'm not sure lynching MM is a good idea at this point because I don't like the last two votes on him. EL basically votes MM because I criticisized his DDD vote, and to help the town get a claim... not because he thinks MM is scum.

I like some of what charter is saying, except the part that seems to say EL is too scummy to be scum.
charter wrote:99- Wow. I'm not sure if EL is scum anymore. This post is so ridiculously bad, I don't see how he could've possibly expected it to fly.
I like this kirby bandwagon on the one hand, but on the other, I think EL is much scummier, and he has mysteriously disappeared since I started calling him on his scummy moves.

vote Eldritch Lord
Ummmm, why are you only now not liking the last two votes (Jordan and EL) on him? You've posted several times after they cast their votes. You even mentioned before that you thought their votes were fishy, and you want to have a longer day because of it, but you still wanted a MM lynch in that post.

You really haven't called EL out for being scum. Vote for Kirby.
You're not making much sense here. First I'm "only now not liking the last two votes," then you say how you do know that I "even mentioned before that I thought their votes were fishy." I mentioned it before, hence, it is not the first time I said I don't like the votes. And the continued absence of EL has made me feel he's a much better place to put my vote.

And I have called EL out for being scum. My catchup posts 193, 195 point out specific things I don't like about him. Also, 199, and 206. He hasn't posted since 206, hasn't responded.

As for kirby, I agree he's scummy and if you think he's the scummiest, go for it. However, I think EL is the scummiest.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”