Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Brandi »

vote: Starbuck

Because I'm drinking coffee right now. Morning peoples!
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Brandi »

You deny my love for coffee?! =O
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Brandi »

Oh. ._. Not familiar with that. Coffee was the first thing that came to my mind when reading your name on the players list =P
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Brandi »

Well, I don't think Monkey's random vote was scummy... I often see it as a common random vote reason to vote for people who others have never played with before. I think I've only ever played with Gorrad (once) and no one else in this game.

Gorrad's not voting is a bit odd but I'm not sure if I'd call it scummy. Perhaps he can give us his reasoning for not placing a random vote.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Brandi »

I don't see the logic in your vote. How is "agreeing" that it's *odd*, scummy? It wasn't really an agreement. KMD said it was scummy, I said it was odd. It IS Odd, because of the fact that MOST PLAYERS random vote. ODD = not normal/weird.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Brandi »

Also, why didn't you see a need to random vote?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad: People random vote because it's what you do in the Random Voting Stage. *shrugs* I wasn't telling you there was anything WRONG with your not voting. Just wanted to know why you didn't. If I can remember correctly, you did random vote in the last game I played with you.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Brandi »

@SC: Why is Monkey more deserving of a vote than Starbuck? It looks like they were both equally throwing a "hissy fit." And how does throwing a hissy fit = scummy?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Brandi »

Oh, KMD, I was thinking I played with you, but I see you around a lot in GD so I thought that's probably where I've seen you =P If you've played with me it was probably in marathon games.

About Monkey: The fact that he just "gave up" literally to say "I'm going to wait until I'm no longer under fire" feels more scummy to me than his actual argument with Starbuck.

Also, Crazy's first point against Monkey makes no sense whatsoever. I can't fathom what he's trying to say with that sentence.

I'd like to hear some of Crazy's thoughts on other players.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Brandi »

Ah. I understand better, thankyou.

Also, I thought Monkey being sarcastic?

I wouldn't know though, he's stopped responding to everyone. =/
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Brandi »

We are definitely out of RVS, and I definitely do not currently view Starbuck as scummy, so:
unvote

Current thoughts:

It's really annoying that Monkey seems to be purposely ignoring this game until the wagon on him is gone. I've never really seen this happen before, but I feel this is a very anti-town action. Even with a wagon on him he could still be here, engaging in/starting discussion and trying to catch scum. Monkey comes off as more anti-town than anything currently, but still slightly scummy.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Chamber, also. He says he is voting for people on the Monkey wagon, but not really explaining why. I can see that he opposes it, but he doesn't seem to dedicate much effort into explaining his thoughts or reasoning.

Gorrad is also being very non-committal in genreal. The only thing that he has done is vote me without giving any actual explanation. Odd that he passed off KMD's points as nothing, yet still voted me when I said something about the subject. I suppose he didn't want to vote the person voting for him, because he didn't want to appear to be OMGUS'ing anyone. KMD comes off as a very aggressive player, so his reaction makes me feel like he is scared. He has also ignored my points and was selective in answering anything directed towards him. Every single post he has made thus far has been a single line long. (except for one, which was TWO lines long) His first "non-vote" was him saying that he hoped he'd stay alive longer in this game. He has come off as very hesitant. It's still early in the day, but there are multiple things going on in which he could give input on.

I feel my reasoning goes beyond just his vote on me, so
vote: Gorrad

No one else particularly stands out as scummy at this point, however when I have more time I'll post thoughts on other players as well. Just about everyone else is pretty neutral.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Brandi »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I am here. I am choosing not to respond in protest, which is what I originally said.
If you don't like the wagon on you, then do something about it. "Protesting" is asinine and doesn't do anything to help the town. If you really feel that we are somehow being "unfair" then realize that this is a game, and sometimes "unfair" things happen. Sitting out and pouting until things go your way is something that a petulant child would do.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Brandi »

@SC: You do know that Gorrad already said that the ONLY reason he DID NOT RANDOM VOTE, was because he just "didn't feel like it." Correct? Regardless of what resulted from his non-vote, he did not have any specific intentions.

Also I did post a semi-lengthy post at the end of page 4 right before the mod did a vote count, in case anyone missed it or got distracted because of the discussion on this page.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #118 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Brandi »

chamber wrote:You guys are being ridiculous. Could he handle it better then he is ? Yes. Is his reaction completely understandable anyway? Yes.
I agree that feeling discouraged or even possibly wronged (if he is town) is understandable. But his ACTIONS because of such are NOT. He signed up for this game, to play it, and regardless of his alignment, he is expected to play in this game. Not sit on the sidelines of the game and cry like a 6 year old feeling sorry for himself. If he can't handle it, he should at least have the decency to ask for a replacement. SOG is being spot-on in calling him a hypocrite.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Brandi »

He is acting childish, and hypocritical. It's just the truth. No one is calling him stupid or ugly, or saying he smells funny. It's understandable that the town would be upset by HIS actions. What he is doing is unfair to the rest of us.

We are in a situation where a particular player is refusing to contribute to the game because of the fact he feels he has an unfair wagon on him. Because of this, we are all caught up in discussing THIS, and thus ignoring and potential pro-town discussion.

If we left him alone, and continued the game as if he wasn't a part of it, we could potentially be ignoring possible scum or... possible input/votes needed by a fellow town player. Perhaps his initial actions do not make him out to be scummy, but why should he get a free pass, free of any further/future criticism to ever come?

Should we just all give into his demands and pull the wagon off of him? (those who are voting him) What would that accomplish for the town?

This is not something we can all just "let go of."

He needs to either, 1) PARTICIPATE, 2) Ask to be replaced, or 3) Be lynched.

And yes, I put those in order from most desirable to least.

If things continue the way they are and he is still refusing to do anything, I think the town should ask the mod to replace him. There is just no point in having a player that doesn't want to play.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Brandi »

@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)

@Monkey: Who do you think is town?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Brandi »

I have always viewed this question as a pro-town question. Especially when asked to a player that has recently been under a lot of fire.

You have cast suspicion on SOG, a player supporting your lynch who doesn't really stand out as much.

Depending on who you claim to view as townie and why, you might look more pro-town, or you might look scummy.

In many games I've been in, it's always been a very common thing for multiple players to give their opinions on who they view as townie, and why, and who they view as scummy and why.

Please explain to me what type of "advantage" scum might gain over the town by making such an inquiry? Because quite frankly that doesn't make any sense at all to me.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #143 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Brandi »

O_o

Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Brandi »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
The mafia knows everyone who isn't scum. That is a fact. Asking someone who they think is town is not, and has never been, a scum tactic. Opinions and information help the
TOWN.
You've said nothing to convince me of otherwise.

Also, bringing up 3rd parties? I don't think scum would care if they hit town or 3rd parties. Scum wins when they are the majority regardless. So even still, your point that scum is somehow HELPED by asking other players who they view is town is wrong.

Now, if someone were to ask "HEY. WHO DO YOU THINK IS A COP OR A DOCTOR!?" Now THAT would be scummy.

Scum doesn't rolefish for townies.

It's good to see you engaging in some actual discussion, though.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Brandi »

Kmd4390 wrote:Brandi,

if you were scum and asked everyone in the game who they think is town, and one name comes up on 8 people's townlists, aren't you more likely to kill that player? I don't know about you, but if I were scum, I wouldn't want a player around who everyone thinks is town. But if half of those 8 people refused to answer the question, the scum may not realize how many people see this player as likely town. So as frustrating as it can be, someone not giving all of their reads is actually a good thing.
I think I understand better with the way you have worded things. I suppose you are right, scum would want to get rid of a player that the entire town viewed as town. But I did not ask everyone who they thought was town, I asked Monkey, because I genuinely wanted his opinion. I did not see how such a question could be detrimental to the town.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #159 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Brandi »

chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)
[/quote

There is a difference between pointing out a fact, and pointing out a fact while being a jackass. You were doing the latter. Your words may have claimed to push him to continue, but I think your actions did the opposite. I think hes restarted playing inspite of them, not because of them.

Unvote vote fuzzy
Sounds like you have a personal problem. I was being brutally honest, not insulting. You calling me a jackass though, that's an insult.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #161 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Brandi »

Probably didn't need to use the quote button. Oh well.

@Fuzzy: It seems to me that Chamber just likes voting for people without giving any reasons. Which is pretty scummy. (As I've mentioned previously)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #239 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Brandi »

Sorry that I've been away. I was at a friends house and didn't think to leave a V/LA message. (Thought I'd only be gone the weekend, but her dad couldn't drive me home as soon as I thought)

I'll catch up.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #240 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Brandi »

and @Monkey: I know Chamber was the one arguing with me about this, but Monkey, I'm sorry if some of the things I said to you were offending, I wasn't really trying to insult you, just put the situation into perspective. Sometimes I can get carried away with my words and upset others, though you didn't make any comments on it, I don't know your feelings. Probably because it's irrelevant to the game. But yah, sorry about that. I'm usually very nice to people.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #251 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad wrote:So far, I don't see the case on Monkeyman as being better than my Brandi read. If what Semioldguy said is the only strikes against him, he's not worth lynching yet.

Please, for all our sakes, read the first game if you think my D1 lurking is suspect. It's generally what I do.
Scumtells are scumtells regardless of it's just what a player "does." No free passes for you.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #257 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Brandi »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Brandi wrote:
Gorrad wrote:So far, I don't see the case on Monkeyman as being better than my Brandi read. If what Semioldguy said is the only strikes against him, he's not worth lynching yet.

Please, for all our sakes, read the first game if you think my D1 lurking is suspect. It's generally what I do.
Scumtells are scumtells regardless of it's just what a player "does." No free passes for you.
This is 100% incorrect. Actions are independently(of person) pro or anti town but still dependent on setup. However a scumtell is something that indicates someone is scum. Therefore if its something someone does as either alignment then its not a scum tell.
If you're anti-town as town and anti-town as scum, it doesn't excuse you being anti-town.
Agree 100%. Chamber, you are wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

Example: Self voting is a scum tell.
Player A always self votes.
Self voting is
STILL
a scumtell.
The end.

People who play like scum on purpose and to try to say "oh it's how I play, so you can't point fingers at me!" are retarded and I have no sympathy for them~ These types of people always hurt the town.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #258 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:18 am

Post by Brandi »

Also, Gorrad's (baseless) tunnel visioning is amusing.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #288 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Brandi »

Gorrad wrote:I don't "play like scum on purpose". I have a very set gamestyle, and one side-effect of it happens to be anti-town. I catch enough scum with it that I see no reason to change.

Chamber, thanks for having a brain. Brandi's posts trying to further a 100% OMGUS case on me are making me happy with my vote.
I don't know if you noticed or not, but I didn't say you were playing like scum on purpose. I was making a general statement. Seems like you love to take things I say the wrong way. The fact that there are many players who play like scum on purpose and think they can get away with it and use it as an excuse really annoy me. You have been scummy in some ways, but you do not fit the profile of that type of player. I guess I wasn't being very clear.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #289 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Brandi »

also, @Starbuck: Me being on MS for a long time is meaningless. I go months without being on the site, and also, I mostly spend my time in GD. I rarely play games. I've also seen many highly respected players say that self voting is bad... always. It's really a matter of opinion I guess. =P
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #434 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Brandi »

Prod received, sorry >< Will respond to issues ASAP. (Was actually planning on posting sometime tonight)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #458 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Brandi »

Wow Neopi, you could have at least posted some sort of assessment on the game so far? Why are you voting for starbuck other than you agree with the wagon? What points do you agree with? You do know that you put her at L-1?

I do notice that Neopi has only 6 posts on the entire site. Either he's really noob town or really noob scum... but seriously, is this your first mafia game Neopi?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #492 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Brandi »

Neopi, you do realize I did not vote Gorrad for not random voting? It was because of his later (and continued) scummy behavior?

It looks like you haven't even TRIED to read any this game and just skimmed through.

Your actions so far have been incredibly scummy and if you are lynched and end up being town... actually regardless of what you end up being, you might want to try some newbie games.

Also, Jazz made a good point in one of her previous posts.

@Starbuck, why did you say that you'd only ever self vote if you were scum, and yet you ended up self-voting? Do you have any explanation for this? You haven't actually responded to this, you just talked about her lurking, as if you were trying to take attention off of her statement.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #496 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Brandi »

Starbuck wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote:Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm
Starbuck wrote:I would hammer myself to move the game along if I was scum. Since I'm not scum, I'm not going to hammer myself.
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Starbuck wrote:Ok, you want role info, fine. I'm done trying to save myself, this town is doomed anyways.

Unvote

Vote: Starbuck

I'm frustrated and I've had enough.

I'm sorry, but saying that if you were scum you would hammer yourself, and then trying to hammer yourself 17 minutes later sure looks like scum to me.

There is nothing "opportunistic" about me voting you at L-2 after you purported to self-hammer in such a scummy fashion.

Also, while I do not post much, I am not "lurking" - I just don't get a lot of time to read and post due to the site being blocked at work, leaving only short periods of time in the evening for me to play during the week. This weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada and I was away for most of it, and I made a special effort to get online and caught up yesterday.

I remain suspicious of chamber and Gorrad, but will do a complete re-read when I can.

I see that I now have two more pages to catch up on since yesterday, which I will do tonight.

Regards,
Jazz
I definitely think that you keep using excuses for not posting.
Starbuck, I was referring to this. Your previous response that you linked to was not in response to you saying yourself that you'd self hammer as scum.

Starbuck wrote:Since I'm not scum, I'm not going to hammer myself.

So you lied to us, then? (Granted, you DID fail at hammering yourself but it was obvious that was your intention)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #507 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Brandi »

Kmd4390 wrote:People are too quick to vote Neopi. Neopi is probably town with scum on the wagon.
I agree. If I didn't feel so strongly that it could just be terrible play from a complete newbie, I'd be more inclined to change my vote. A lot of people instantly jumped onto him, and I think he comes off as a very easy target.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #513 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Brandi »

I just read through the wiki link you posted, and I'm surprised you didn't note this from the wiki article:
Wiki wrote:On January 11, 2000, it was released on VHS in the
Gold Classic Collection
series with the bonus short, Tin Toy, which sold two million copies.[61]
I've always considered Toy Story to be a classic, though not as up to par as most of the other classic Disney films.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #712 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Brandi »

Prod received, site was down yesterday O_o
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #833 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by Brandi »

Crap. I'm really sorry for being inactive guys, I've been really busy. =/ I'll start making posts soon.

When is the deadline?

Chances are I wont be at home on my birthday or the weekend before my birthday. (My birthday is the 30th)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #881 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Brandi »

Trying to catch up here I feel a little overwhelmed, I hadn't really expected so many pages since I last had a good focus on situations. It seems really life has really been keeping me tied up.

But currently my view is that things are looking terrible. We have a crap ton of claims so far, I think 3 of them being power roles, deadline is soon and no one has a majority.

Neopi's claim is the most confusing, and for once I agree with Gorrad with his recent statement that having a watcher+tracker, and a watcher doesn't make much sense. Neopi hasn't answered everyone's questions (unless I missed something), which is really off-putting.

Out of the three people with a wagon on them, I feel that Starbuck is the least likely to be scum, and I'd be least happy with her being lynched.

Other than these observations, I still haven't caught up fully or assessed much. I've mostly just skimmed through the past few pages. I'm going to make some coffee (It's 3:14 am) And try to come back later with more useful input.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #893 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Brandi »

Nothing too much to say at this point...

vote: Neopi
, I am curious as to why he is even still alive. If he's a watcher+tracker... I would think such a power-role would have been targeted by the mafia over chamber... My earlier thoughts of him were that he was more likely newbtown, but since his claim and the dawning of a new day, I get the feeling he is lying.

Just wanna note again, that I will DEFINITELY be
V/LA
30th-1st with no stable internet connection ... and maybe I'll be gone tomorrow as well. (Might be getting picked up early)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #921 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Brandi »

semioldguy wrote:@Brandi
You weren't voting yesterday. Why not? Who was your top suspect yesterday?
I was very M.I.A. for a long while, and didn't really support any of the major wagons. I did have a vote placed before KMD was "erased" though. (Noting in case you thought I wasn't voting AT ALL yesterday)

I should have been gone by now but it looks like my B-day plans have changed. :(
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #931 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Brandi »

Starbuck wrote:
Mod - Can we have prods on the following

Gorrad
Crazy
YankCane
Brandi
Brandi wrote: Just wanna note again, that I will DEFINITELY be
V/LA
30th-1st with no stable internet connection ... and maybe I'll be gone tomorrow as well. (Might be getting picked up early)

Learn to read. I had a birthday. I'm tired. /bed
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #943 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Brandi »

Starbuck wrote:But as soon as I post for you to be prodded, you show up, EVERY TIME.

Well, I would HOPE that'd I'd show up if I was prodded, cuz you know, if I didn't show up, I wouldn't be here at all, because I'd be replaced or something. The first time you asked for me to be prodded, I was prodded. It wasn't because of your post, it was because I received a PM.

But to humor you, here is every time you have asked for a prod from me:

"Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 pm"

Starbuck wrote:
Mod - I think it's just another couple hours to 72, but please prod Brandi, if she doesn't show up before that.

"Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 am"

Brand wrote:Prod received, site was down yesterday O_o

"Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:21 am"

Starbuck wrote:

Gorrad
Crazy
YankCane
Brandi

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 am

Brandi wrote:
Starbuck wrote:

Gorrad
Crazy
YankCane
Brandi
Brandi wrote: Just wanna note again, that I will DEFINITELY be
V/LA

Learn to read. I had a birthday. I'm tired. /bed

....so out of the entire....
times you've asked for a prod from me, only one have I actually been prodded. The first time you asked, I responded exactly... 3 and a half hours later and this time 21 minutes later.

I honestly do not check this site every hour on the hour, if that is what you think. =P I have too many other things to do besides that, not to mention I share my computer with multiple people and I have a fucked up sleeping schedule.

But this time I was away for my birthday, I just got back home late on the 1st with no energy or ability to process much of anything.

I appreciate your eagerness to keep players active, but you really COULD have taken notice that I, you know, posted TWICE stating I'd probably NOT have internet access for a bit, which means you didn't have to beg the mod to prod me considering not only is there a holiday, but my birthday as well.

Just calm down and I'll respond to your long arse post when I don't feel so ill or tired. Sorry if I came off snappy, I didn't have the most "comfortable" weekend. (not going into detail there)

But yeah, I don't think its necessary to ask for prods and things like that on holidays. Just to let you know a head of time, I might not be around much for Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or the New Year either.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #947 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Brandi »

They aren't "excuses", they are valid reasons. I'm sure everyone else has also been busy this weekend. I'm sorry if you don't celebrate holidays but other people in this world do.

And my "big long post" took no effort or thinking, I just had to read you in iso (and CTRL+F "prod") and quote a few things. Talking about my weekend isn't the same as putting effort into a game.

That post took me 5 minutes. When I actually want to work on CONTRIBUTING to a game I can take upwards of 4 or more hours of my time. I don't like responding to things when I know I don't have time for it or just don't feel like it yet.

I'm sorry princess, but my life doesn't revolve around your schedule or priorities. I'm going to take a shower now, and then probably eat dinner, Oh god I hope that's okay with you!
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #948 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Brandi »

Alright, irrelevant V/LA crap aside, I had been working on responding to this post in a notepad as I usually do for mafia games (I don't like making long responses in the "reply" box... it's too small and if my internet crashes that can really f'ing suck)
Starbuck wrote:Brandi has started to bother me a bit, so I decided to read her in iso....

In Post 33, she says that she doesn't think Monkey's random vote was scummy. What bothers me here is that all she sees is the vote and not the situation surrounding it.
I didn't think it was scummy, and there wasn't much of a situation surrounding it. I could relate to Monkey with what he was saying because I don't always read everything before I make posts either. I see it as a short-sighted thing to do, but not a scummy thing.

Starbuck wrote:She also sees Gorrad's not voting as odd and is fencesitting on whether or not she thinks it's scummy. She wants him to give a reason for his non-vote.
I said it was odd as in, not normal. I'm not used to people not voting in mafia games, I'm not of the knowledge as to how it could be scummy. I actually tried looking up some info on it in the wiki and didn't find much. There's nothing wrong with asking for a reason.

Starbuck wrote:In Post 39, she doesn't see the logic in Gorrad voting for her. She doesn't see how it's odd that she agreed with KMD and really didn't come up with her own opinion. She, then, seems to get a bit overdefensive:
Brandi wrote:KMD said it was scummy, I said it was odd. It IS Odd, because of the fact that MOST PLAYERS random vote. ODD = not normal/weird.

You quoting me there invalidates your statement, thank you. Like I said, I never agreed with KMD. If I had agreed with him, I would have said it was scummy. He asked for opinions, and I gave them.[/quote]
Starbuck wrote:She, then, asks Gorrad (again) why he didn't random vote in Post 40, and again in Post 43. She seems to be tunneling on it.

I dislike it when people don't respond to my questions.
Starbuck wrote:The tone of 43 bothers me:
Brandi wrote:Gorrad: People random vote because it's what you do in the Random Voting Stage. *shrugs* I wasn't telling you there was anything WRONG with your not voting. Just wanted to know why you didn't. If I can remember correctly, you did random vote in the last game I played with you.
Why?

Starbuck wrote:She thinks that Monkey and I were both equally throwing hissy fits, but provides nothing to back it up in Post 44.
You were. You were both throwing hissy fits. Me stating that is irrelevant to the actual game play and a subjective observation. I don't need to "BACK UP" my opinion, thank you.

Starbuck wrote:In Post 66,
Brandi wrote:About Monkey: The fact that he just "gave up" literally to say "I'm going to wait until I'm no longer under fire" feels more scummy to me than his actual argument with Starbuck.

Also, Crazy's first point against Monkey makes no sense whatsoever. I can't fathom what he's trying to say with that sentence.

I'd like to hear some of Crazy's thoughts on other players.
Instead of saying that Monkey's giving up IS scummy, she skirts around it by saying that it FEELS scummy.
-This is a red herring. I was pointing out at that time, that if ANYTHING that monkey was doing was scummy, it was NOT what most people were pointing out was such. It's like this:

Person A: "This dinner is delicious, the potatoes are the best part!"
Person B: "This dinner isn't really delicious, but if anything is, it's not the potatoes, it's the carrots."
Starbuck wrote: Instead of asking Crazy to elaborate on his first point, she seems to put him down here with the choice words of "can't fathom what he's trying to say".
Another irrelevant statement once again. I wasn't putting him down. I didn't understand what he was saying. Short, simple, nothing more to it.

Starbuck wrote: In Post 99,

She finally unvotes her RVS vote (me), but her vote of Gorrad definitely feels like OMGUS.
My vote for Gorrad had nothing to do with his initial vote on me. Otherwise I would have voted him right away.
Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:It's really annoying that Monkey seems to be purposely ignoring this game until the wagon on him is gone. I've never really seen this happen before, but I feel this is a very anti-town action. Even with a wagon on him he could still be here, engaging in/starting discussion and trying to catch scum. Monkey comes off as more anti-town than anything currently, but still slightly scummy.
In the above, she elaborates more about Monkey's ignoring the game. Up above she says that it FEELS scummy, but here she is saying that it's anti town, but slightly scummy. It seems like she's backtracking.
Wrong once again. But I already responded to this so I wont repeat myself.
Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:Gorrad is also being very non-committal in genreal. The only thing that he has done is vote me without giving any actual explanation. Odd that he passed off KMD's points as nothing, yet still voted me when I said something about the subject. I suppose he didn't want to vote the person voting for him, because he didn't want to appear to be OMGUS'ing anyone.

KMD comes off as a very aggressive player, so his reaction makes me feel like he is scared. He has also ignored my points and was selective in answering anything directed towards him. Every single post he has made thus far has been a single line long. (except for one, which was TWO lines long) His first "non-vote" was him saying that he hoped he'd stay alive longer in this game. He has come off as very hesitant. It's still early in the day, but there are multiple things going on in which he could give input on.
I don't get how Gorrad was non-committal. He voted for Brandi in his second post.
Nice misrepresentation of my words. I meant non-committal to the game in general. Note I said "the only thing he's done."
Starbuck wrote: She then misrepresents Gorrad by saying that he voted her without any explanation. Post 38 proves otherwise. She is definitely twisting his words. I really don't like how she just dismisses his vote on her by saying that he didn't want to appear to be OMGUSing KMD. Having played with KMD and Gorrad in the same game before, I definitely know that he's more experienced than that and probably has a better read on KMD than you do.

That's nice that you have more experience with other players than I do. I've played with Gorrad once before and I don't remember him acting remotely how he had been in the beginning of the game. Your personal reasoning does not apply to me.

Also I hardly see that as an "explanation" That is a STATEMENT, not an explanation. He never said WHY. He never gave REASONS. So no, it doesn't "prove" otherwise.
Starbuck wrote: To me, it seems like she definitely has more of a case on KMD here than Gorrad. Like maybe she's just mentioning KMD so it doesn't come back later to bite her?

But she votes Gorrad, and I really don't see how she voted for Gorrad when she definitely has a better case on KMD.
Like I said before, I remember playing with Gorrad before and he was different, and I felt he was tunneling me.

Starbuck wrote: In Post 116, she goes back to tunneling on how Gorrad didn't random vote. The funny part of this whole thing was that he really didn't say anything during RVS and then he voted for Brandi for parroting off KMD. It was after this that she decided to go on the rampage about him not random voting.
More misrep once again. The post you linked to was a response to someone else. In that post, I was reiterating something that Gorrad had already previously said. That post was not even an attack against him. Once again, I never "parroted" off of KMD. I was responding to a QUESTION that KMD had made.
Starbuck wrote: I don't really see how asking Monkey who he thinks is town in Post 138 is pro-town.
That's nice. It's a common question I've seen in mafia games, and no one has ever mentioned it being anti-town before.
Starbuck wrote: It is rather redundant. Scum already know who the non-scum are. How is it a pro-town question, especially when asked to a player that's recently been under a lot of fire? She then says what I just said here:
Brandi wrote:Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
I don't like how she insinuates here that scum wouldn't take everything going on into account before making their kill here. It sounds like definite distancing.

Distancing from what? who? Monkey? He was town.
Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:Opinions and information help the TOWN.
This is not necessarily true. We could inadvertently reveal a PR like we did yesterday with Monkey. We had the info, and 4 people decided to keep their vote on Monkey.
Opinions and information DO help the town. Whether they help anyone else is irrelevant to the point I was making. It's still a fact. If we never gave opinions or had any information, the game would never go anywhere.

Note that the power role that was revealed wasn't even NK'd, he was LYNCHED.
Starbuck wrote: You convieniently DID NOT have a vote on anyone after KMD was erased. I find it scummy that you did not place a vote.
I hadn't been really up to speed with the game at that time. I apologize for not being as active as I should have been. There's nothing I can really say to defend that.

Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:

Brandi wrote:People who play like scum on purpose and to try to say "oh it's how I play, so you can't point fingers at me!" are retarded and I have no sympathy for them~ These types of people always hurt the town.
So my guess is here that you don't even look at meta, even if that meta could be the difference between your town tell and your scum tell on someone?
No, I do not look at meta. I don't want to read a million games just to play one. I refuse to do that, ever. If I've played with another player and they seem to be acting very different, I'll take it into account. But otherwise, no.

Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:
vote: Neopi
, I am curious as to why he is even still alive. If he's a watcher+tracker... I would think such a power-role would have been targeted by the mafia over chamber... My earlier thoughts of him were that he was more likely newbtown, but since his claim and the dawning of a new day, I get the feeling he is lying.
WIFOM! And attempt at distancing.
WIFOM = null tell, always. It makes sense though.

If someone claims Doctor, and the doctor doesn't die at night, the doctor would be more suspect the next day.

I hadn't thought Neopi was scum until day 2, in fact I was against lynching him initially.

Starbuck wrote:
Brandi wrote:I was very M.I.A. for a long while, and didn't really support any of the major wagons. I did have a vote placed before KMD was "erased" though. (Noting in case you thought I wasn't voting AT ALL yesterday)
This post says different.

No, it doesn't. Nothing I say in that post disproves anything I said in the previous one quoted. It's true that I didn't support any of the major wagons.
Starbuck wrote: You say that you feel I'm least likely to be scum, but your post reads that you are suspicious of Neopi. So why not vote for him, or

You suddenly drop your suspicions of Gorrad. Why not put your vote back on him after KMD was erased?
About not voting for Gorrad: My suspicions can draw out to more than one person, especially on D1 when the town has no information whatsoever. I will say that my suspicions on have Gorrad have dissipated (so far), but it wasn't a "sudden" occurrence as you make it out to be.

I didn't want to vote for Neopi until he gave more input, I was still stuck in the mindset that his incredible newbiness (which is a valid reason btw) could be the reason for how he was playing. I didn't feel we got enough out of him before the end of the day, and wouldn't have felt comfortable hammering him. I mean he did claim a power-role... that even though didn't make SENSE, it didn't make sense he'd just make it up all on his own either. Especially with how newbish he was. I mean I had never even HEARD of watchers and trackers before I joined this game.

In retrospect, it would have helped the town to lynch him (because he turned up scum) but obviously I couldn't have known that.

I think that the fact that you read me in iso without reading how things worked around me has caused you to misunderstand quite a lot of my points on things. My shitty activity is the only point of yours I agree with, and I know it's something I need to work on improving... (in all of my games really)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #976 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Brandi »

Posting to prevent a prod,
I'm sick...
not sure what I have because I can't go to the doctor. But whatever it is shouldn't last too long =_= /goesbacktobed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”