Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Elvis - lynching iam is terrible. If he flips town, rofl could be scum with no blocker in the game.

If kmd shoots Ian and gets double protected, if iam dies and flips town we know for sure there is a blocker.

So if Tajo flips scum, I think that is the plan.

Seriously, Tajo has to be the lynch. More Tajo votes guys. Deadline approaches.
Ok. SC is scum, probably scum with Iamusername.

Confirm vote: Sc

What we obviously should be doing today is to try and lynch scum. If we lynch a scum today, we've got time to figure out all these claims; no matter which of these power roles are lying, we should be able to solve it fairly easily given time. Going to an info lynch today, one day before lynch or lose, makes no sense, nor does lynching Tajo just because of his claim, which seems to be what SC is pushing us towards.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:32 am

Post by iamausername »

We really can't come up with the best plan when there's still a few people who haven't claimed.

charter, ekiM, zu and Thesp; we are waiting on you. When ~75% of players have already claimed, clearly a massclaim is happening. Any further resistance to the idea is just halting progress.

I don't like the lynch tajo plan, because I think he is town, and I think SerialClergyman is scum derailing the lynch that was about to happen on his buddy Pooky. If someone can demonstrate how an absolutely 100% guaranteed town win can come from lynching tajo, I'll support it, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

charter wrote:Guys, Elvis is scum. Lynching username proves nothing. When she says 'if he's town we know there is a scum RB' is bs. It means there could be a scum RB or rofl is scum. I think this is a slip, since she isn't counting the possibility of rofl being scum, just that username was roleblocked. If rofl was scum, then obviously there doesn't need to be a roleblocker (still could be one obviously).

I'd lynch pooky or elvis. I'm pretty sure both them are scum. Pretty sure rofl is town.
Eh, ok, I could go along with that. I think rofl is telling the truth. Tajo may or may not be, but he probably is as well, and in any case we can test him later.

Out of the unconfirmed group, most of them are probably scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 am

Post by charter »

treestump
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:35 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

How can you possibly ignore everything weve talked about with Tajo and suggest an Elvis lynch?? Ugh.

Also - with language that strong, where's the vote? Looks to me like charter is trying to push on Elvis while staying on the pooky wagon just in case it gets up.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:How can you possibly ignore everything weve talked about with Tajo and suggest an Elvis lynch?? Ugh.
Because it dosn't make any sense for you to be suspicious of Tajo because of his claim. His claim is perfectly reasonable, and completly consistant with his behavior.

It also dosn't make any sense to lynch someone for information at this stage of the game, especially considering that we lynch tajo and he flips town, I assume scum kill rofl tonight, and then all we've got is a confirmed vig and a few confirmed townies; good stuff, and very useful, but not enough to guarentee a town win.

Neah, I'd really rather just lynch scum today.
Also - with language that strong, where's the vote? Looks to me like charter is trying to push on Elvis while staying on the pooky wagon just in case it gets up.
Well, obviously he think that elvis and pooky are both scum. Which makes sense; most of the unconfirmed people probably are. Not all, probably one or two of you are town, (and whichever ones of you are, we're going to need your votes in order to lynch scum), but most.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:40 am

Post by iamausername »

SerialClergyman wrote:Aside from that, I hesitate on a pooky lynch because there is too much support for it and pooky is a soft target.
^ SerialClergyman has successfully derailed the Pooky wagon on the basis that Pooky can't be scum because no one was trying to derail his wagon. Think about it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:41 am

Post by charter »

What Yos said. ^^
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:45 am

I give up. It's 230, I'm still typing on my bloody phone trying to deal with this crap.

Iam - if Tajo is town, I am TELLING rofl to investigate pooky. Why the fuck would I do that as pookys partner? Not to mention I am a confirmable role.

I am tryin to lynch scum, I think Tajo will flip scum but even if he doesn't, well have four confirmed players including rofl who can investigate under my protection. We will have a damn good shot at winning.

Not knowing tajos alignment will fuck us and I'm tired of crapping on about it bent over this 2.5 inch fucking screen. I am going to bed.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:48 am

Post by iamausername »

SerialClergyman wrote:Iam - if Tajo is town, I am TELLING rofl to investigate pooky. Why the fuck would I do that as pookys partner? Not to mention I am a confirmable role.
Two words: Mafia Roleblocker.

Also, the only way to confirm you as Bodyguard is to kill you. By that definition, every role is a confirmable role.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:50 am

Tajos role isn't consistent with behaviour because he didn't breadcrumb his hide before he did it. That is bad hider play.

Rofl will be protected tonight on a Tajo town flip. But even
if he dies, we will have FOUR confirmed town and me as a semiconfirmable role. So yes we'd be in a damn strong position.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:52 am

No, the only way to confirm me is
to get me a successful protect. If Tajo townflips you can assume I'm telling the truth and I'll protect a confirmed each night. I should get a protect sooner or later.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:55 am

Post by iamausername »

SerialClergyman wrote:If Tajo townflips you can assume I'm telling the truth
Why on Earth would I do that?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote: Iam - if Tajo is town, I am TELLING rofl to investigate pooky. Why the fuck would I do that as pookys partner?
Because you and your scum team are planning to kill rofl tonight after you lynch tajo, leaving the town with no information roles, obviously. In that case, it's an easy way for you to distance from Pooky (and, to make this argument) while not actually putting him at any risk.
Not to mention I am a confirmable role.
Not easily. Much less so then Tajo is, certainly.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 am

Because if you were town you'd hve a choice of six players of which a likely five are scum, so it'd be worth waiting to lynch me for a couple of days to see if I can hit the protect. Are you even thinking at all, or is my read on you fucked ??
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Tajos role isn't consistent with behaviour because he didn't breadcrumb his hide before he did it. That is bad hider play.
Eh, IMHO, the best way to play hider is to try to quietly confirm a few people who you think are town and THEN claim. The alternate way (breadcrumb, then try to use yourself as an info role by targeting people you're not sure of) is much riskier; there's a high chance the scum figure it out, kill you, and then the town finds your breadcrumb, jumps to the wrong conclusion, and mislynches your target.
Rofl will be protected tonight on a Tajo town flip.
Unless you're scum. Or, if by some chance you are town, then scum might be able to roleblock you.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:59 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 3 days from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

PookyTheMagicalBear: 4 (charter, iamausername, Thesp, VP Baltar)
populartajo: 3 (elvis_knits, Kmd4390, SerialClergyman)
iamausername: 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, roflcopter)
Kmd4390: 1 (populartajo)
SerialClergyman: 1 (Yosarian2)

Not Voting: 2 (ekiM, zu_Faul)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:01 am

I'm also telling you I'm a bodyguard who is protecting rofl. Are
you suggesting my scum plan is to kill the person I'm protecting?? I guess I could
claim I was roleblocked but it's not exactly an easy path to tread if I were scum, is it?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 am

Yos, that last comment doesn't make any sense. How are the scum going to kill a hider and then the town mislynch someone the hider breadcrumbed? If the scum killed the hider, they had to have killed the hider target.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 am

Ok. We have three days. I'm actually going to go to bed. Sorry for all the swearing.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Because if you were town you'd hve a choice of six players of which a likely five are scum, so it'd be worth waiting to lynch me for a couple of days to see if I can hit the protect.
(shrug) Perhaps, although your claim also means rofl can't investigate you.

The thing is, I think you've consistently been acting more scummy in thread then everyone else on the list.

You do realize that if we don't lynch you today, and then rofl dies tonight, that we are going to lynch you tomorrow, right?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Yos, that last comment doesn't make any sense. How are the scum going to kill a hider and then the town mislynch someone the hider breadcrumbed?
I said that I think the scum are trying to lynch the hider today, and planning to nightkill rofl after that.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:13 am

Post by iamausername »

Yosarian2 wrote: The alternate way (breadcrumb, then try to use yourself as an info role by targeting people you're not sure of) is much riskier; there's a high chance the scum figure it out, kill you, and then the town finds your breadcrumb, jumps to the wrong conclusion, and mislynches your target.
I think this is the comment he's talking about, Yos.

The town wouldn't mislynch the target, because the target would have been killed along with hider, or the hider wouldn't be dead.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

iamausername wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: The alternate way (breadcrumb, then try to use yourself as an info role by targeting people you're not sure of) is much riskier; there's a high chance the scum figure it out, kill you, and then the town finds your breadcrumb, jumps to the wrong conclusion, and mislynches your target.
I think this is the comment he's talking about, Yos.

The town wouldn't mislynch the target, because the target would have been killed along with hider, or the hider wouldn't be dead.
Ah...right, right. Yeah, not used to playing with a hider.

But, yeah, that's actually why it's so dangerous for hider to breadcrumb. If scum figure it out and he's targeting town, they can kill that town and get 2 for the price of 1; if scum figure it out and he's targeting scum, and they have a roleblocker, they can roleblock him and then let him assume the scum player as town, and confirm that scum player as town later. (1 scum, confirmed as town, usually leads to a town loss in endgame.)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:40 am

Post by charter »

Alright, brainwave while in the shower. This should allow us to test tajo's claim pretty well. I believe this requires us to no lynch today, someone needs to double check this so we don't accidentally blow the game. Also, all of this assumes tajo is town, though if he isn't, we will know tomorrow.

tajo, if town, knows these people are town
charter
populartajo
roflcopter
VP Baltar
Yosarian2

He can also eliminate Kmd4390, since no one countered the vig claim. This means that there are five (erring on caution) scum in these people.
ekiM
elvis_knits
iamausername
PookyTheMagicalBear, replacing alexhans N1
SerialClergyman
Thesp
zu_Faul

I say we make tajo hide behind one of these people, and get killed tonight. The only thing I'm worried about, is if he hides behind town and that townie gets killed, but I don't see why/how that would happen. Theoretically, tajo picks the one of those that he thinks is most likely to be scum, and hides behind them tonight, thus getting killed, also confirming a scumbag. If he lives, we lynch tajo the next day.

The only thing is if there is five scum, and tajo hides behind town tonight, and scum kill that townie, then I think we lose.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”