Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 4 days from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (charter, elvis_knits, iamausername, Thesp, VP Baltar, zu_Faul)
iamausername: 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, roflcopter)
Kmd4390: 1 (populartajo)
populartajo: 1 (SerialClergyman)
SerialClergyman: 1 (Yosarian2)
zu_Faul: 1 (Kmd4390)

Not Voting: 1 (ekiM)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

SerialClergyman wrote:Pooky, pay attention to the last page ffs. Lynching Tajo 100% confirms either rofl scum or four town, with lots of info afterwards. What do YOU think about tajos claim?
wait wait wait what part of scum tajo confirms me as scum? i just got sudden "serial is bussing tajo" chills, with a side of feeling like tomorrow's sacrificial lamb.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

no lynch is a decent option. i still really don't get why we're not lynching iamausername. kmd is apparently town, so if there's going to be a non-username lynch my preference falls to serialclergyman. or pooky, who does not inspire confidence with his outbursts. but honestly guys, username lynch.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

YOU SHOULD BE VERY CONFIDENT IN MY TOWNINESS

SCUM POOKY NEVER GETS LYNCHED.(UNLESS HE DOES)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:46 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Rofl, you are correct, Tajo scum flip doesn't confirm you scum. My bad.
I'm old now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

SerialClergyman wrote:Rofl, you are correct, Tajo scum flip doesn't confirm you scum. My bad.
as noble as admitting fault is, it doesn't make the fact that you tried to set it up that way any better
soi soi soi

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:07 am

Ok, sure, whatever. Let's lynch Tajo then after his flip we can work out whether your suspicions about me buzzing him were right.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SC, how do you feel about Pooky's above post?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:30 am

R U SRS BALTAR?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

YS I AM
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

SerialClergyman wrote:Ok, sure, whatever. Let's lynch Tajo then after his flip we can work out whether your suspicions about me buzzing him were right.
no, thats dumb, we should clearly be lynching username
soi soi soi

zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:48 am

Post by zu_Faul »

elvis_knits wrote:Or are we relying on there being a doc who will protect tajo's target? I mean, if Iamausername is town, he can jailkeep tajo's target, but the hider goes first (I think), which would effectively protect both from a NK. Is that correct?
Very good idea.
SerialClergyman wrote:A direct consequence of your claim is that only one of ekim, Elvis, zu, pooky, iam and thesp is town. That's hard to swallow.
Wait, why are you so certain there are 5 scum?
Yosarian2 wrote: IF we lynch correctly today, it's a great idea. If we lynch wrong today, though, then Tajo SHOULD NOT HIDE tonight.
Restless
Hider?

I am feeling a bit of a conflict. A part of my says it is too good to be true, but another part of me says that we found our scum and should follow through with the Pooky lynch.

Suggestion: Rofl targets Pooky tonight and we no lynch? I think this is a very valid plan, so
Unvote
at least for the moment.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm starting to think massclaim might be a good idea.

Mostly because scum can't kill any power roles without confirming results, and we get to plan our night actions to our advantage.

(P.S. Pooky - I loved your fake claim... thanks :))
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:04 am

stop voting me then

im innocent!!!!!!!!!!!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

TBH, I was hoping you would claim that there was a second secret order of the magic train and that you are its only member. Secret Self-Mason.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:05 am

Post by zu_Faul »

@e_k: What do you think about my idea re: Pooky?

Massclaim does not sound too bad.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Zu, your pooky idea is good.

Although if we massclaim, there might be a better way to order the night actions.

I'm trying to think of a way to maximize information. It's sort of pathetic that I am the one trying to plan something like this since I am bad at this type of planning. Well, planning in general.

I really wish we could have tajo hide with someone and have iamausername jailkeep that same person, which would effectively protect tajo and the other person. Except if iamausername is town that means there is a roleblocker. So I guess there is no way to make that work -- either we can't do that because there is a scum roleblocker or we can't do that because iamausername is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'd support massclaim.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by charter »

I don't get why we would massclaim today. Why?

What are we waiting for on the Pooky lynching front?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:41 pm

When I am asked why am I so sure there are five scum after trying to qualify it with an "assuming five scum" every single time but forgot ONCE cos I'm still typing on my phone, I want to /wrists.

Having Tajo hide with someone protected by iam while rofl targets etc etc may work if there wee any chance of everyones claim being true, which is rubbish.

I'm going to kick off the mass claim because it's important to the discussion and the night choices. I am a bodyguard. I can protect people but I die if successful. I haven't used it yet. This means that in the group of eight that must contain all scum if Tajo is telling the truth, kmd is vig town and I am confirmable town. That still leaves only six people to fit the whole scumteam in.

Lynch Tajo. If he is telling the truth, we have got almost all the scum worked out. If he's lying, as I'm pretty sure he is, we can get over this red herring and scumhunt properly.

Also, as I said, his night action is now anti town to use if he's town because every hide means an extra chance for town to die. So we lose nothing with his role.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

zu_Faul wrote:
Restless
Hider?
Ah, you're right. Ok, KMD should try and vig tajo.

SC: It seems odd to me you're trying to lynch Tajo, of all people; if he's lying, he'll likely be dead tonight, He's got a more confirmable role then anyone here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:39 pm

And when he doesn't die? His flip is important.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Wait a second.

Restless hider does NOT mean he has to hide every night.

It means he can't hide with the same person each night.

I just wrote a whole spiel about why it was hugely imperative we should lynch Tajo because otherwise as soon as we missed and hit town, he had to be successful every night or we'd lose the game (assuming 5 scum). But that's not true because he does have the option not to hide.

But for people who thought he had to hidce every night, how could you argue lynching anyone but tajo was a good idea? Zzz

Aside from all that, I still a) don't believe tajo, b) think his flip is vitally important and c) don't think we're losing much if he goes.

The only other option I'd entertain is a nolynch with tajo hiding somewhere and kmd targetting him. We'd need confirmation that kmd has a bullet left.

But that option means if tajo is scum and the scum have a blocker we've essentially lost, because the blocker blocks kmd and we as town would have to assume tajo cleared.

What if tajo picks one of the people unconfirmed in his eyes and says specificaly who he will hide with? And kmd shoots tajo? If tajo is telling the truth, the worst case scenario is mafia shoot his target who happens to be one of the few town in that group. Then the rest of the town know tajo is town and was telling the truth, we've eliminated oneo f the suspects, and we basically have the scum team mapped out (if you believe my claim. If not, we just keep lynching people other than me until I get a successful protect and confirm myself).

if towntajo picks a scum to hide behind, he dies and is confirmed, but we have a confirmed scum and a (now confirmed) rofl investigation (I can protect rofl and make sure he's alive tomorrow).

If Tajo is scum, he gets shot unless there's a blocker who blocks kmd. If that happens, and scumtajo lives, we're pretty boned, because he'll live, claim that whoever he hid behind is innocent and we'll have no way of disproving it.

Ugh.

My favourite option by far is still to lynch tajo. If he's tellign the truth, I can protect rofl and we'll at least get a yes or no on pooky. And even if he's telling the truth and there's a different blocker out there, we'll still have a very narrow group of people where all the scum are. If he's scum, then kmd is free to fire on whoever he wants tonight, iam can either jail rofl or not to test whether rofl gets a claim tomorrow, we've got good leads to go on tomorrow and we aren't nearly as screwed as if there's a blocker and tajo is scum.
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by charter »

Update:

Assuming we believe tajo, it means tajo, charter, rofl, yosarian, and VP are all town. That means there are four or five scum in
ekiM
elvis_knits
iamausername
Kmd4390

PookyTheMagicalBear, replacing alexhans N1
SerialClergyman

Thesp
zu_Faul

kmd and SC get removed since kmd is confirmed and SC is easily confirmed (READ you need to protect someone at some point and die)

Username could maybe be confirmed, but probably not worth it.

This seemingly means that the scumteam is ekiM, Elvis, Pooky, Thesp, zu faul, just by process of elimination. The only thing I'm concerned about is the whole rofl/user thing, which really makes no sense. I dunno, Pooky is still a good lynch for today, if he flips scum, we can probably keep lynching the people on that list. If Pooky flips town, then I don't think it's possible for tajo/rofl/yos to be town.

Did I miss anything?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Well, you missed that tajo's claim is dicey, the wagons don't show any evidence for that being true and there are 6 people of which you have 4 or 5 scum, so even if pooky flips town it's possible tajo is telling the truth. (you don't say why iam can't be scum, which is quitel ikely if tajo is telliung the truth.)

Yes, I know I have to have a successful protect. If tajo is telling the truth, I'm sure I'll be able to echange my death for one of the confirmedf innocents. That's another reason why we need to be sure about tajo.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”