Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Sajin »

Woah, why was there no narration for the reality shift as noted in his PM? Town could of still won with a quick lynch.

Amished- Why did you not protect me?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 am

Post by dramonic »

his ability to block a reality shift can't be used to block a kill leading to the endgame (which is what just happened)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Sajin »

I understand dramonic. It still says all reality shift will be notified by duration even if they "cannot be stopped" and town could of still won with a quick lynch.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Zaz hasn't posted in a month though. Good Luck getting a quicklynch when you can't legally PM a player.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 am

Post by ZazieR »

hohum wrote:Hai!

Why did the scum team waste an NK on me when I was dead anyways?
They didn't. Possesed-Zazie killed you.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

KoC wrote:3.
Innocents win if they destroy all Evil characters.
The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
KoC wrote:13. There will be crazy shit, descriptions of unpleasant actions, and things you may well not understand at all in this game. It is not intended to be particularly fair, nice, or easy for the
town/innocents
. You may be required to actually think, instead of playing follow the *insert role/s here* Get used to it. ithurtsithurtsirthurts

Mod
, please explain above quotes regarding the bolded. If you have read the game, you'd have known that it has caused some confusion as this can be interpreted as Innocents=town and I still don't see how it says something else than this.
Ignore the ''R''
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 am

Post by dramonic »

AH!

You're there...
I'm a hoot
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 am

Post by ZazieR »

I also would like to know what you wrote to Setael regarding the matches,
Mod
. Mainly because of this quote:
Setael wrote:I do have something I need to post. I received a couple pms from the mod after asking for clarification. The matches are not transferable. I have to keep them and
I must be alive at end game for a town win. If I'm not alive at endgame the best the town can get is a draw.
The mod also confirmed that the scum do not need the matches to win.
Did you indeed say the bolded? Because if you did, you lied towards a player.
Ignore the ''R''
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Sajin »

Here is my PM:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Ah, apologies.

These matches seem to be the only way to make fire in this house. They might come in handy if you ever escape this place - some houses deserve to be burnt down...

These matches must survive until end-game. You don't dare transfer them to another player, for fear you might pick the wrong person. If you are lynched or killed, the matches will break under your body when you die. You must survive, while carrying these matches, to the endgame for the town to achieve anything more than a draw.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

And last, but not least,
Mod
, did you know you had made an error regarding the Caretaker's name? It should have been Malcolm and not Jonathan.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sajin wrote:Here is my PM:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Ah, apologies.

These matches seem to be the only way to make fire in this house. They might come in handy if you ever escape this place - some houses deserve to be burnt down...

These matches must survive until end-game. You don't dare transfer them to another player, for fear you might pick the wrong person. If you are lynched or killed, the matches will break under your body when you die. You must survive, while carrying these matches, to the endgame for the town to achieve anything more than a draw.
So you did lie ._.
Ignore the ''R''
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Amished »

Sajin, that was a period where I was barely active at all on the site. I had missed you getting the matches much like I missed Trilby having NK immunity N1, and I completely missed a night phase in there as well.

Also, since there was no shift, my protections should've held up as it lasts throughout the day as well. I protected a person, who should've had day protection as well, since there was no reality shift. Protecting from a kill is NOT equal to protecting a reality shift.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Amished »

@Zaz: I told you I wasn't lying about my role PM -_-

No, my name is not "Ed."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

I can see that now ._.
Ignore the ''R''
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Amished »

O well, whatever. Not much we can do about it now I guess.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I did not lie about the matches. Without the matches, the best the town could hope was to defeat The Prince and Canning before they slew everyone in the house. As they had already achieved part of their wincon in killing Xtoxm, both sides would have partially fulfilled their wincons, and I would have considered the game drawn between these factions.
And last, but not least, Mod, did you know you had made an error regarding the Caretaker's name? It should have been Malcolm and not Jonathan.
He masquerades as Johnathon whilst on the Mesphistopheles. He is referred to by this name at least once after his capture while in the cell before he kills himself with Frehorn's Blade. Malcolm refers to himself as Johnathon on his belongings.
Mod, please explain above quotes regarding the bolded. If you have read the game, you'd have known that it has caused some confusion as this can be interpreted as Innocents=town and I still don't see how it says something else than this.
Town/Innocents was a catch-all term for the Innocents (Vanillagers) and the Innocent-aligned PRs such as Trilby and Lenkmann.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Amished »

It doesn't matter what I masqueraded as, it's not my name. His father was Johnathon, but that wasn't *me*.

No, my name is not "Ed."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

So wait, if the House was left alive, but the Doll would have been destroyed, it would have been a draw no matter what? So if scum would have picked up the matches, town would never have been able to win?

Also, since when did we deal with Innocent-alligned when allignment is revealed as something else shown by Naomi's death? (Regarding this, why was Pyro's role not revealed with his allignment?)
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:46 am

Post by populartajo »

Hi Zazie, how many games are we still playing together?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Amished »

Amished wrote:Sajin, that was a period where I was barely active at all on the site. I had missed you getting the matches much like I missed Trilby having NK immunity N1, and I completely missed a night phase in there as well.

Also, since there was no shift, my protections should've held up as it lasts throughout the day as well. I protected a person, who should've had day protection as well, since there was no reality shift. Protecting from a kill is NOT equal to protecting a reality shift.
I still contend we should've "won" that game by lynching scum (getting rid of Steph on the fakeclaim and I had tajo pegged as the other scum). I don't care about the other wincons, but Dev shouldn't have died and then we could've lynched scum.

No, my name is not "Ed."
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by The Replacement »

I don't know how you all let Stephoscope live so long. Had him pegged as soon as I replaced in.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Stephoscope »

What a great game and a fun role. I figured that, if I got myself into trouble early and then fakeclaimed (the Janine character seemed to fit an "investigator" more than any other character, based on all of the information I found), I could play the rest of the game as a perfect pro-town cop as long as I stayed away from Tajo. We thought for sure there were more scums in the game besides Xtoxm, and I really was trying to find them :)

Mod, how come Lenkmann was town-aligned in this game when he turned out to be evil in the series?

My attack on Devestation toward endgame was not all contrived...I actually investigated Amished towards the end there, not Percy (Percy had been checked when I said I did Tajo)...and once I knew Amished was pro-town (and not neutral...I knew he wasn't scum and had probably been truthful), I thought Devestation might have something to do with the reality shifts, given that Tajo and I didn't know what would trigger them.

ZazieR, did you just disappear, or were you restricted from posting?

Anyways, the end of this game was tough for me in real life, as I really had to work to find Internet access to check in...I am off of mafiascum until I'm in a new house with home Internet once again. See you all around.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Lenkmann was town for two reasons - expediency, in that I wanted a town based around protection rather than being kickass and beating the crap out of the bad guys, which just doesn't work in the Chzo Mythos, and secondly because this game was set in the Manor - and it's implied that Lenkmann hasn't been working for the Project long, so he probably would be pro-humanity at the time of the Manor Incident.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”