sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 am

Post by sigma »

Kmd4390 wrote:Yep. You're scum. I'm sure of it.
On page 2 no less. :roll:

Unvote

Vote: Kmd4390

Don't you think it's a little early to start convincing players that you've found scum?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by sigma »

Excedrin wrote:
FoS: Sigma
Should you wait to convince people that you've found scum?

Vote: Papa Zito
Not if 'finding' scum consists of essentially nothing. The goal of this stage of the game is to generate discussion, not convince other players to vote your lynch target. Anyone who says that they're sure that they've found scum on page 2 is lying -- or possibly scum trying to look like the stereotypical aggressive pro-town player.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by sigma »

Excedrin wrote:If you're saying that scum has to be proven by a case that includes multiple points, then I disagree.

For example, you have a reliable read based on meta that whenever a particular player does X, they're
likely
scum, then you observe that behavior on the first page.
Key word underlined in your post. Kmd didn't say Papa was likely scum, he said that he is scum. I think the former is reasonable and the latter is not, hence the vote.
Kast wrote:@Sigma-
Strongly disagree with your generalized statement. Scum can give themselves away on a first post on page 1 or early page 2. This is not such a rare event as to be equivalent to being unheard of.
Point taken -- I should have qualified that generalized statement with 'most of the time' or something similar, and not doing so was sloppy, I agree.
Dry-fit wrote: But that's exactly what the purpose of Kmd's vote and comment were, to generate discussion. So you're saying he's scum for accomplishing the goal of this stage by creating discussion?
That's a bit of a logical leap from the first sentence to the second sentence, isn't it? Sure, he generated discussion -- bully for him, I'll keep it in mind. I wasn't a fan of the way in which he generated discussion, however -- he did it by saying that he's sure someone's scum. My opinion is that this could possibly be scum trying to appear like the stereotypical aggressive pro-town player, and I voted him to underline this point.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 am

Post by sigma »

@Rosso: any particular reason you think Kast is scum?

@Porkens:
If I were vig, I'd shoot KMD.
Can you elaborate? Given that you're voting for Zito, do you believe that KMD and Zito are both scum who are engaging in early-game distancing?

@Excedrin:
Early bus never happens?
Early game distancing happens, certainly. Honestly, I hadn't considered that possibility -- I would think it unlikely that KMD-scum would attack Papa-scum right off the bat like that, personally.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:26 am

Post by sigma »

@Rosso: stop quoting entire giant posts k thx

unvote

Vote: Porkens

Didn't respond to my question and is lurking.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:37 am

Post by sigma »

Actually, Porkens hasn't posted since I asked him a question -- thought he had.

unvote

Vote: Locke Lamora

Every single sentence he's written in game has been a question. Good way for scum to skate by without actually having to state an opinion.
KMD wrote:Sigma, why "scum trying to look like the stereotypical aggressive pro-town player." rather than "the stereotypical aggressive pro-town player"? What is the most notable difference there?
Just felt really over the top to me -- IMO, saying "You're scum, I'm sure of it" is something I would never do as town. Not to say you'd never do it, obviously, but just didn't like it. You look more pro-town since then.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 am

Post by sigma »

Rosso Carne wrote:
no
thought it was worth a shot.

is there anyone else you'd hammah right now?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:53 am

Post by sigma »

yes, he is less scummy. he hasn't done anything other than wagon Zito and make his KMD statement, which doesn't look serious to me, so he's still odd. I did think he'd ignored my question for some reason, and that wasn't true, so I changed my mind.

Congrats on your first in-game declarative sentence, by the way.

What do you think of KMD so far?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:54 am

Post by sigma »

EBWOP: "I changed my mind" should be "I changed my vote."
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 am

Post by sigma »

@Kast:

Star Control 2 questions...

I've played it. Porkens and Zito obviously have too, given their avatars. You should play it, it kicks ass. That wiki article you looked at has details on ports for modern systems.

As far as races go... well, Ur-Quan in all forms are definitely bad (i.e. Hierarchy.) Other races could be tough to determine as far as alignment for this game of mafia. In the game SC2, you play as a human. Some races attack you on sight because they're allied with the Ur-Quan, some races attack you because you're human, and some races are allied with the Hierarchy but become allied with you as a result of your actions in-game. Whether those races are scum for our purposes is probably unclear.

That said, I'm not sure I want to start naming specific races as examples. Why exactly do you want to know? Did SpyreX not give you a safe-claim? [/loaded question]
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

Post by sigma »

:shock:

Wowsers. I bow down to your SC2 knowledge.

I seriously need to play that game again.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 am

Post by sigma »

To do more then I did would have required research, so chalk it off to laziness if you want.

It was a sincere request, though; I wanted to know your reasons for asking, since probably the only reason we'll need the info is for evaluating claims. It sounds like your reason was idle curiosity, which is fair enough, I suppose.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 am

Post by sigma »

I'm not sure what to think about the Rising/Kast wall o' text war. In my very limited experience, arguments that wordy tend to be between town and town. I agree with Porkens that the arguments getting way too dense -- I stopped following it about 3 pages ago, to be honest.

After a few pages, I'm beginning to come around a little bit on KMD's argument on Zito.

@Dry-fit:

Why aren't you voting? Do you have a list of suspects yet?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:51 am

Post by sigma »

I'm sure you're right -- I have limited experience, as I said.

Do you still have a pro-town feeling about Kast?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

Post by sigma »

Kast wrote: @Sigma-
-Your question to Porkens still was not answered. However, it seems like Porkens was just joking/messing around. If his comment that you asked about has any in game relevance, does it help to draw attention and/or press him for a response?
-Please elaborate on what you meant when you said you were coming around to KMD's argument on Zito. Do you think KMD's vote on Zito was serious? Do you think his reasons were valid?
Yes, it's relevant, and yes, it helps.

@Porkens: were you serious about vigging KMD?
Kast wrote: @KeelieRavenWolf-
Please post something.
I knew there was someone else that I was forgetting about. With no replacements, lurkers should be lynched.

Unvote

Vote: KeelieRavenWolf
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:12 am

Post by sigma »

Sorry, I seem to be missing stuff today.
-Please elaborate on what you meant when you said you were coming around to KMD's argument on Zito. Do you think KMD's vote on Zito was serious? Do you think his reasons were valid?
KMD has made a valid point about Zito's lack of scum-hunting which I agree with. His earlier arguments were instigating. I've already said I disagreed with that somewhat, and that's as good a reason as any to vote that early. So, 'I'm coming around' mainly refers to the lack of scumhunting pointed out by KMD.
-Porkens was probably joking. If he were seriously saying something about his role, please explain how that helps the town to be revealed. If he was being serious and reveals anything about his role, that could very easily help scum with targetting and not help town much at all.
Why do you think he was joking? He said "if i was vig". The if makes a big difference. I interpreted this as meaning that he found KMD scummy in some way, or felt that he'd shoot KMD N1 in a hypothetical porkens-vig scenario. I don't think, however, that he's seriously saying anything about his role at all.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 am

Post by sigma »

Dry-fit wrote:Actually, yes, but not so much because of what I called him out for before. His votes for Locke and Keelie look like attempts to place an easy vote without scumhunting. His vote for Keelie is especially bad. A day 1 lurker lynch with plenty of time till deadline nad a lot of other stuff to go on is bad.
How is voting for Locke and Keelie an easy vote? Usually, easy votes are placed on people who have already been seriously voted before. Both of my votes were their first non-random votes.

If she keeps lurking, she should be the lynch. Obviously, we should wait until pretty close to deadline to lynch anyone. I'm voting her to encourage particpation if she's still reading this. If she continues not posting, she should be our lynch today and I challenge anyone to convince me that this isn't the case.
Dry-fit wrote:He also won't stop talking about Porken's vigging statement. He's mentioned it three times. It's blatant rolefishing.
I've already addressed this. Here was my original question:
Can you elaborate? Given that you're voting for Zito, do you believe that KMD and Zito are both scum who are engaging in early-game distancing?
Here's my explanation to Kast:
I interpreted this as meaning that he found KMD scummy in some way, or felt that he'd shoot KMD N1 in a hypothetical porkens-vig scenario. I don't think, however, that he's seriously saying anything about his role at all.
I don't see how I'm role-fishing. The statement you refer to was just a quick way of re-asking Porkens the question. The only reason "OMG ROLLFISH" sensors are going off is because saying "hypo-vigging KMD" instead of "vigging KMD" would have been clearer as to my intention. I want to know if Porkens found KMD scummy at the time of making his original statement. That's my goal. I do not think my questions will tell anyone anything about Porkens' actual role.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 am

Post by sigma »

Actually, lynching the lurker as a good strategy depends on how the ruleset works.

@Mod: Can you define "full deadline game-day" for purposes of a mod-kill? Keelie has posted today, so would she not get mod-killed until day 2 if she continues not to post? If there is a mod-kill, does it work in the usual "harm the mod-killed's faction" way (town mod-kill ends day, scum mod-kill continues day)?

If Keelie does re-appear, she's got a long way to go to convince me that my vote should be elsewhere. I won't accept active lurking, and I feel that lynching one of the active lurkers give us just as much information as lynching one of the talkative players.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:53 am

Post by sigma »

Rosso Carne wrote:mmhmm

i was right

kast needs some votes please.
@Rosso: I'm genuinely interested in your reasoning. After reading up on Kast's meta a bit, I think he's null right now, and I'm interested in what you've picked up on. Ready to reveal yet?

@Mod: Can you prod KRW? Are there prods in the BaM ruleset?

---

I like plum's 159. I've been having a lot of trouble getting reads on Rising, Excedrin and Kast, since they've all been involved in big walls of text, and that post helps me organize the morass of posts a little better.

---

I'm a little concerned about dry-fit. Here's what he's done so far:

1. Scumhunting/attacking me.
2. Defend himself from Rising attacks.
3. Respond to Kast questioning.

and that's the complete sum of his actions this game -- he's literally done nothing else. That seems like a very small contribution, honestly. After having read up on his meta, he seemed to contribute more in his one completed game as town. On the other hand, in that game he also focused on one player as scummy initially and then voted him later -- so his focusing on me early seems to be playstyle and not indicative of a scum-tell.

I have an obvious bias because he's voting me, and I'd like to get others' reads on Dry-fit -- any takers?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:49 am

Post by sigma »

I love you too, Rosso.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 am

Post by sigma »

KeelieRavenWolf wrote:@ Sigma : How would it be possible for me to "Prove" to you that I shouldn't be lynched?
Glad you're still here and able to contribute. Don't take my vote personally -- RL stuff gets in the way sometimes. Hope it gets less crazy for you.

That said, I think you're over-reacting a bit to my vote, honestly, which makes me wonder if you have other reasons. I'll keep my vote on you for now and see how things develop.
Dry-fit wrote:Easy because your reasons for voting them were they're percieved lack of contribution. You stated you felt they were not contributing enough, which is your opinion, therefore impossible to argue. I also don't get why you switched you're vote from Locke to Keelie so quickly, as you implied he was actively lurking, while Keelie was not posting. Do you feel not posting is scummier?
Probably not, honestly -- good point about active lurking vs. not posting. I was using my vote to see if we could call forth Keelie from the void more than anything -- I really was hoping not to have someone lurk their way to a modkill tomorrow.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:40 am

Post by sigma »

Kmd, I've been trying to decide whether your comment about needing to decide on one of the two current wagons is true. I think with 3 days left, it probably is.

I'm honestly not sure which of Zito or dry-fit is a better lynch. I'll continue researching them.

I believe Porkens' story. Why bother with have abilities be 'racial' if everyone starts with a ship aligned to their race?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 am

Post by sigma »

OK, here's what I'm thinking:

I like Zito's most recent post. Can we get Locke lynched, or is it too late for that? Zito's points about him resonate strongly with me. I think Locke is a better lynch than any of the other candidates under consideration. Any chance of a switch to him in the next 2 days?

Unvote

My guess is this lynch won't happen unfortunately. That said, my preferred candidate is dry-fit. I will switch to him tomorrow if Locke isn't much closer to lynch.

My gut read on Zito and Kast is that they're town. I have no such read for dry-fit and feel that his scum-hunting has been very lacking, so I would prefer to lynch him tomorrow between those three.

@everyone: Thoughts on a Locke vote?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 am

Post by sigma »

I'm a doubleposter, and I'm OK.

Porkens, you're basically advocating a policy lynch. I agree with your reasons to dislike the walls, but he's not doing anything differently from his usual meta, and I haven't seen any argument for kast's lynch other than his wallposting. I think you should change your vote.

Can anyone make the case for lynching Zito? My impression is that the case is basically his reaction to the pressure early and that he hasn't been scum-hunting enough. I don't think that's enough, especially when he's been doing a better job of scum-hunting in the last couple days.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:45 am

Post by sigma »

What distinguishes Kast from any of the other mega-posters? Is it just because he's the worst offender?

You're asking us to policy lynch Kast. Why him? Why not policy lynch Keelie for lurking? Or Rising for mega-posting? Or Rosso for doing whatever he's doing?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 am

Post by sigma »

Excedrin wrote: Papa Zito, note that your reason to lynch Locke Lamora applies to sigma.
:|
Papa Zito wrote:Locke Lamora - Correctly had my stance throughout the game, and now he's allowed himself to be "convinced" to vote me. Coasted along otherwise. Likely scum.
Yeah, not seeing it. Explain briefly please?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:15 am

Post by sigma »

Dry-fit wrote: So not scumhunting enough isn't a good enough reason to vote for Zito, but it is to vote me?
What? This is a pretty tortured twist. My quote was:
sigma wrote:Can anyone make the case for lynching Zito? My impression is that the case is basically his reaction to the pressure early and that he hasn't been scum-hunting enough. I don't think that's enough, especially when he's been doing a better job of scum-hunting in the last couple days.
I think it's pretty clear that I disagree with the proposition that Zito hasn't been scum-hunting enough. You turning this into in accusation of hypocrisy on my part is ridiculous.
Also, you have nothing to add to the case on Locke besides what Zito said?
He's been sitting back, asking lots of questions, and went with the easy wagon after attacking KMD for starting it most of D1. Some of this is agreeing with what Zito said, some not.

@Excedrin: No follow-up on your comment that I questioned earlier?

I still haven't seen a good case for Zito other than that he's the vote leader at this point. Zito is not a good choice for a lynch. Where's the case?

Unvote

Vote: Dry-fit

Much better choice for a lynch than Zito.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by sigma »

I'm absolutely game for lynching KRW. That Zito vote is completely inexcusable.

unvote

Vote: KeelieRavenWolf
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:42 am

Post by sigma »

KMD wrote:Zito's claim isn't worth saving him for. He's a good lynch.
Saying this more than once doesn't make this true. Unless I missed it, everyone voting for Zito has ignored my request for a summary of the case.

KMD, I repeat: What is the case on Zito?

I'm seeing a connection between Zito and Sigma at least

:? Think what you want. I have a strong town gut-read on Zito and am acting accordingly.

Here's my case on Keelie. This is in addition to active-lurking, which probably isn't a scum-tell. I do think she's a great candidate to be lurker-scum, however.

1) zoomed straight to the top wagon without justifying her vote in the least. Trying to blend in.
2) If you look at her previous votes, the reasoning behind them has been similarly flimsy and insubstantial.
3) appealed to emotion about how 'innocent blood' would be on my head after
one
vote on her.
Excedrin wrote:KeelieRavenWolf wagon sucks because she's almost certainly town.
How can you possibly get an 'Almost Certain Town' read on someone who's posted 5 times?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:01 am

Post by sigma »

Excedrin wrote: Is this a theory question? In theory, a player could be a daycop/mason/similar, then it doesn't matter how many times they've posted.
In KeelieRavenWolf's specific case, my read is more about how people have reacted to her posts (and lack of posts) than what she's said. Call it gut, I'm probably not going to be able to pull out specific instances of things that seem obvtown from KeelieRavenWolf in this case.
I can accept a gut-town read on KRW. I don't see it, but I guess that's why they call it a gut read, right?
So, policy lynchers, how likely is it that KeelieRavenWolf is scum?
I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not, since I've given reasons for lynching her besides "policy," but I'll answer. I think she's more likely to be scum than most of the players in this game. Hence the vote.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:36 am

Post by sigma »

Claiming survivor on D1 means that you're getting lynched. It's pretty much equivalent to claiming scum at this stage of the game, no?

Don't see any reason to change my vote.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:05 am

Post by sigma »

Hi folks.

I was in the same situation as Porkens: town guy in mafia ship. I decided to jettison my ship, same as Porkens.

By the way, my ship was the Thraddash, not the Mycon ship. Doesn't really matter that much.

I also think the scum tried to kill me or porkens and failed because the jettison took place before the kill action.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by sigma »

Papa Zito wrote: So a townie in a scum ship is effectively a miller. You're trying to convince me that there are two millers in this game?

Why didn't you bring up being in a scum ship when Porkens did? Why weren't you suspicious of Porkens for being in the same situation that you were in?
Yes.

Porkens and Kast had an exchange where they encouraged others not to follow Porkens' example in claiming ship/race similarity. see porkens' iso 20. Actually, porkens claiming that lessened my suspicion of him -- see my iso for that.
rising wrote: What race are you, then? And why were you on a Thraddash ship? And what racial ability did your ship have?
I'd rather not claim race, but it's a town race. paraphrasing, the flavor says that I didn't have my own ship, so I used the first one I could find. the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
excedrin wrote:So you think that for "kill" to succeed, the targeted player has to be in their ship?
Yes, or at least jettisoning interferes with a kill.

Let's use some logic, people. Why would I bus my scum-partner and then jettison my ship which allows me to be untargetable? What sequence of night actions would result in porkens and me getting a ship destroyed? I don't think you can come up with a plausible scenario where I'm scum.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

Post by sigma »

Why would a vig target me? Seems like a vig would have killed someone who wasn't second on Keelie's wagon. The bodyguard possibility is an interesting possibility that hadn't occurred to me, though.
Your ship's alleged untargetability is not confirmed at all.
Zito will confirm that this makes sense, though. The name of my ability is "Afterburners". Thraddash Torches in SCII are the fastest ship in the game when using afterburners. I had enough energy to use this ability twice.

Getting into the reasons why I chose to jettison is tied up with my race, so I don't want to go into that yet. Are you guys going to force a claim from me? Again, if I'm scum I did a very early bus of Keelie -- you guys need to reconcile these two things. We should be looking elsewhere for scum, in my opinion.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am

Post by sigma »

Papa Zito wrote:
sigma wrote:Porkens and Kast had an exchange where they encouraged others not to follow Porkens' example in claiming ship/race similarity. see porkens' iso 20. Actually, porkens claiming that lessened my suspicion of him -- see my iso for that.
Wow, really? You put an in-thread exchange over guaranteed info?
rising wrote:the racial ability of the ship was to make myself untargetable at night.
There's nothing, absolutely nothing, about a Thraddash ship that would grant that ability.
sigma wrote:Let's use some logic, people. [1]Why would I bus my scum-partner and [2]then jettison my ship which [3]allows me to be untargetable? What sequence of night actions would result in porkens and me getting a ship destroyed? I don't think you can come up with a plausible scenario where I'm scum.
1. Townie cred. Your scumpartner was weak.
2. I think it was destroyed, not jettisoned.
3. ORLY?
SpyreX wrote:
Ships may possess:

R) Racial Abilities -
These abilities are only active if you are the same race as the ship you are on.
They may be A or P and follow the rules for them as detailed above.
Diescumdie.
Zito, I don't understand your third point. are you saying that sigma-scum is not a thraddash?
false.
what??? what's faster?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 am

Post by sigma »

No, I didn't admit that, I'm saying that if I were scum, I'd be jettisoning a ship that was pretty useful. Obviously, the ship was useless to me.

How do you think my ship got destroyed, Zito?

meh. whatever, torches are fast. do you still dis-believe my ships ability claim?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:46 am

Post by sigma »

Eh, screw it. with the short deadline, and judging from the sample we have so far, I probably need to full-claim.

Claim: Arilou

Name is Bezabu. I have the passive ability 'Telepathy', which means that I know the alignment of anyone on a ship with me. I jettisoned so that I'd get picked up by someone and be able to confirm their alignment on D3.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am

Post by sigma »

EBWOP: I know the alignment
and race
of anyone on a ship with me.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 am

Post by sigma »

Excedrin wrote:sigma's claim is believable to me, I have no doubt that 2 instances of town guys on bad guy ships is possible, because Rosso Carne is on a red ship.

I learned some other stuff prev night as well, I'm not sure if I should reveal everything. Honestly, since I'm such an idiot, I'd rather have someone smarter let me know what to do here.
Not sure that we can help you too much with what to do. You've already outed one of your powers and hinted at more information, so it seems like you're already going to be a scum-target at this point. Usually more information is good for town, but if you think that the thing you learned is more useful to scum, then don't give it out.

Rosso needs to give us an explanation. Would really like to hear from those who haven't checked in yet.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:31 am

Post by sigma »

Kmd4390 wrote:Things I don't like about Sigma:
a) He's trying to make bussing (of Keelie) impossible
b) He's pushing that he or Porkens was targeted for the kill (maybe Sigma submitted no kill?)
c) Saying that he was in the same spot as Porkens seems too easy as soon as his ship is found.
d) He claims to have jettisoned not because he was on a scumship, but because he wanted to be picked up.
e) He's claiming rolecop, which isn't necessarily a town role, and was on a scumship. I think he's telling the truth about everything except his alignment. Zito, is there a role in the game that is likely to be scum and have the ability that Sigma is claiming?
a) I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely. Don't misrep.
b) Just thinking out loud. I know I'm town, so I'm wondering where the night-kill went.
c) Fair enough -- in hindsight, probably should have claimed. I still think not announcing my jettison might have saved me from getting killed, though. Yes, this is speculative.
d) not sure why this makes you dislike me.
e) Um, no. my role is basically a regular cop with the ability to get the name of the target's race as well. Nothing about finding out someone's ability was mentioned in my PM.

-----

@Kast: I think KMD is town -- scum usually don't blatantly defend each other to the extent that he did.

I know for a fact that I jettisoned, so I wasn't fishing for anything from my perspective. Point taken otherwise -- I'll be more careful about warnings and such in the future.

-----

@Zito:

If I'm lying about the ship, that means I'm lying period, no?

Honestly, I agree with you about the flavor not making a great deal of sense. That's the hand I was dealt though, and I can't defend on that count otherwise. Do you have further questions about flavor for me?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 am

Post by sigma »

Ideally, I'd say KMD. Someone who's been driving a lot of conversation and hasn't claimed anything yet -- it'd give town a lot of info.

That said, I'm not sure as to how we should go about picking up people. If we assign one person to pick-up duty, that person could be scum. Even if town, that person could be roleblocked. So maybe assign two or three people to pick-up duty? I'm really not sure what the best plan for town is. I think more discussion on this subject would be very valuable.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 am

Post by sigma »

Rising makes an excellent point, IMO.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 am

Post by sigma »

Kmd4390 wrote: Sigma, assigning one person to do something makes them a likely NK target. I'd rather we just see if anyone decides to pick you up over night.
Agreed. However, I'm worried about the issue Rising mentioned in 385 where everyone thinks "someone else should pick this person up", doubly so since we have two players floating. I think every townie without a decent night action should pick up either porkens or me, but obviously I'm biased.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by sigma »

Porkens wrote:
I propose that no one pick him up, just in case.

Gee, thanks, floating-in-space-buddy. I obviously disagree with this plan. Is your theory that I jettisoned so that I could use my ninja abilities on whoever picks me up? I think the town might notice if the person who picks me up dies and I'm still alive.

Explain to me why we should retrieve you from space and leave me to die.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by sigma »

Kast wrote:@Porkens-
There are three situations we can be in. Two of them are clearly better to leave both Porkens and Sigma to die. The third situation would be better to have both of you rescued. The three situations are indistinguishable, however, the second and third situations suggest that townies should be very careful about letting anyone board their ships.

-If you are both scum, townies should not pick you up.
-If one of you is town and one is scum, there is some incentive to picking up the one who is a townie, but townies would be better off picking up neither of you (reduces to 1-for-1 trade situation).
-If both are town, then townies shouldn't know your affiliation and should at best be hesitant to pick you up. The claimed circumstances, that scum want to board someone else's ship, inclines townies against picking up either of you.
Who is even claiming that scum want to board someone else's ship? I haven't seen a single indication that this is true.

Moreover, your analysis of the situation is misleading. You don't even mention that if I'm town, there are extra benefits to someone picking me up (another player gets confirmed.) I think the correct way to look at the situation is something you said earlier: if you think one of us is town, then retreive us.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by sigma »

Orz aren't likely to be Hierarchy, though. And like I said, if someone gets boarded and killed, that's a pretty obvious giveaway.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by sigma »

Another red-ship claim... wowsers.
dry-fit wrote:Why is it interesting if you know it's not what happened?
That's the only thing over the last few days that was worth commenting on? :roll: Seriously, any additional thoughts on just about anything else would be helpful.

It was interesting because I genuinely was at a loss as to explanations for hypothetical sigma-scum's ship getting blown up, and that was the first plausible thing I'd heard.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:29 am

Post by sigma »

Why the switch, Zito? Should we get dry-fit to ship-claim? I think he should ship-claim.

@all: Should we let Rosso get modkilled and lynch someone else? This opens up the possibility of a day 2 town victory if we have 2 scum remaining and they both die at the end of the day. That would be hilarious :lol:
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 am

Post by sigma »

Vote: Dry-fit

yeah, so are you claiming scum dry-fit? If not, I'd like a full-claim now.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:37 am

Post by sigma »

ooo, interesting. I'll let Zito give the flavor rundown. I'll just say that ZEX is not a generic Vux, but is a fairly important character in SCII.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 am

Post by sigma »

actually, a question.

Is your name in red as well? I assume you're claiming that your win condition is the same as the town's?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 am

Post by sigma »

Kmd4390 wrote: Meh. I doubt scum would come out this easily.
Agree.

With that said, we're a long way from a lynch. Rosso is the obvious choice if he ever makes an appearance, but what if he doesn't?

I believe the claims of Kast, Zito, dry-fit and porkens. KMD and Excedrin are gut-town reads for me. That leaves Plum, rising, and Locke.

Of the three, I'll take Locke. he's lurking, and I was suspicious of him yesterday.

Unvote

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:42 am

Post by sigma »

I'd like to hear that full-claim from Dry-fit. I still don't see why scum would claim in his situation.

I'm completely tuning out Kast/Porkens/rolefishing arguments at the moment. Kast's analysis of the floater situation is bad -- anyone without a decent night action should pick up me or porkens. I agree with Rising's post on this.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:02 am

Post by sigma »

L-1? We need to wait on lynching until we get a little more flavor from dry-fit. Also keep in mind that Rosso isn't on modkill notice yet, and he needs to die today.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by sigma »

Porkens wrote:
sigma wrote: ...my tinfoil hat is squeezing tighter and tighter.
:roll:
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by sigma »

epic quote fail.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #58) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 am

Post by sigma »

@porkens: FIFOM?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #59) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 am

Post by sigma »

Porkens wrote:Here's my quicktopic.
:D

Great job, town, to find the scum. I thought we were screwed after the D2 disaster. Would have been fun to psychically identify all those people...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”