The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vote: Kublai Khan
because I'm always happy to help bus'ing scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:51 am

Post by stark »

Sajin wrote: A stark or snowbunny flip would be the most informational. I strongly prefer stark. I have getting strong resistance to this wagon once it got rolling.

Because it's stupid. And baseless.

If you're banging you're head against the wall, and people are telling you to stop, this does not mean that you've solved the mystery.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 am

Post by dramonic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
because I'm always happy to help bus'ing scum.
So you think KK is scum or you're just being antitown?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

LlamaFluff wrote: @SB - What do you think of players voting you for a miller claim? Are they scum or town? For what reasons?
Well, I guess that a few will be town, as we all have our lynch policies (well, some people may not). But I believe scum is after it. Why, it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of yet another townie.

Well, just an advice for those who want to vig me. If there's going to be any vigging for me, at least do it during the day, when it's untraceable.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 am

Post by populartajo »

Fail from Jordan there.

Hi, DGB.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
because I'm always happy to help hunting scum.
Fixed.

In all seriousness, am I the only one that thinks that KK's reasons for thinking that Bunny is scum are at least null tells?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Well that was cool.

I'd vote KK...but still pretty sure better options would be:

DGB
Vaya
Stark
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Goddamn, I leave you people for one evening and 2 people are dead?!

Rosso Carne v. benmage = dumb. Stop bringing outside motivations inside the game. Though, I'm pretty sure I know what Rosso Carne's ability is.
Vollkan (494) wrote:Thank you for assisting me in making my point.

Nowhere is she directing a power role. She's claimed empirical evidence for it helping sanity confirmation, so it's entirely valid for her to say that if a cop wishes to confirm itself, they can investigate her.
If a cop wants to check their sanity, they will investigate themselves. Coming out as a miller and trying to draw an investigation (but no vigs) is a suspicious move.
vollkan (494) wrote:This is a classic case of people latching onto a scum motivation and ignoring the non-scum one.
This is a classic case of Vollkan latching onto a non-scum motivation and ignoring the scum one.

@Snow_Bunny -> Read and Respond to post 371.

SocioPath is scummy. (565)

@DrippingGoofball (574) -> milkshake is town for completely other reasons.
DeathNote (581) wrote:I think... that killing me would not benefit the town.
I need to survive at least one night.
However, your the bomb so it is up to you in the end.
The bolded part means that he probably had a 1-shot ability. The part where he states that he should be considered a "V.T." afterwards is the confirmation. Why were the people ignoring this possibility so sure that it was a mafia/cult/yakuza(?)/3rd party ability?

Kise, post 607 = good posting. (except the superfluous "useful" part)
LlamaFluff (666) wrote:I ment the people voting SB, you never claimed miller. You gave your opinions on a miller claim but I was talking about the ensuing policy lynchers (tubby, KK, DGB etc)
Y'know someday historians are going to dig up my posts and realize that I'd been unfairly miscast as a policy-lyncher in my time. My archived posts will surely prove that I listed reasons beyond Snow_Bunny's role claim for her being scum but they were ignored as I was lumped into the much maligned "policy-lyncher" category over and over.
dramonic (677) wrote:So you think KK is scum or you're just being antitown?
DrippingGoofball is announcing her traps, then trying to spring them. She's tire-spinning and not accomplishing much.
populartajo (679) wrote:In all seriousness, am I the only one that thinks that KK's reasons for thinking that Bunny is scum are at least null tells?
God, I hope so. Do you seriously think it's a nulltell that Snow_Bunny encourages investigations so that cops can test their sanity while discouraging vigs because they might be traced? Seriously?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@KK: I thought I already answered that. I'll turn up guilty for flavor, not for power. And, does this matter why?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 am

Post by dramonic »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
Well, just an advice for those who want to vig me. If there's going to be any vigging for me, at least do it during the day, when it's untraceable.
Do you seriously mean that???
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Sajin wrote:@Llama- Depends on circumstances and the person involved. Some people are very easy reads and some are not. People can act different then usual for a number of reasons. My point was that KMD cannot have meta information that he suggested. He has never seen me as anything but town.
So lets say you see someone do something as town. You play with them a few months later, and the same situation occurs, but they take the opposite path. What do you make of it?
Llama- You have seen me as town (Nasubi mafia). Can you conclude off of that?
I had about no time in that game, I think I only had about 30 posts in two days, most of which was trying to argue a semi-policy lynch on a player, and then defending someone who I was fairly sure was town due to my role. Usually I dont remember much unless I had someone as way town or scum. I dont even remember you being in that game all that much really. I will go look over that game again sometime when I get the time.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, so two of my suspects died and flipped town.

Vote Benmage
. Guess we're back to this because Sajin looks like himself now. Maybe Spy and Llama are scum?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

let's lynch stark

[]===
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:23 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count (Page 28, Day 1)

stark
-5 (Sajin, KaleiÐoscøpe, Cass, Vaya, VP Baltar)
Snow_Bunny -2 (tubby216, Kublai Khan)
tubby216 -2 (Plum, LlamaFluff)
Kublai Khan -2 (populartajo, DrippingGoofball)
Vaya -1 (stark)
Kmd4390 -1 (vollkan)
DrippingGoofball -1 (Benmage)
Rosso Carne -1 (milkshake)
Benmage -1 (Kmd4390)

Not Voting:
alvins95, Rosso Carne, Snow_Bunny, Kise, cicero, dramonic, SocioPath, SpyreX, Battle Mage

Note: Deadline will be at the earliest, 10/19 6:00AM EST, with 26 whole votes available, it takes 14 to lynch.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]let's lynch stark

[]===[/quote]
+1
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:19 pm

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]let's lynch stark

[]===[/quote]

I'll pass.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kmd4390 wrote:Ok, so two of my suspects died and flipped town.

Vote Benmage
. Guess we're back to this because Sajin looks like himself now. Maybe Spy and Llama are scum?
In baseball terms, if that vote was followed through, you'd strike out.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Vaya »

LlamaFluff wrote: @Vaya - Why is stark scum?
The reasoning already been stated before. With stark's claiming that the council is stated as town in the town role pm, and his following explanation having nothing to do with the pm, I believe that he was not actually given a town role pm.

And really, stark's overall behavior doesn't exactly scream town to me, either.
populartajo wrote:In all seriousness, am I the only one that thinks that KK's reasons for thinking that Bunny is scum are at least null tells?
Maybe, but I really don't think KK is scum for thinking otherwise. I can definitely understand how he sees her repeated invitations to be investigated as suspicious. I personally don't believe that bunny is scum, but KK's view of her does make sense to me.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Once two specific people post I will show what im holding. I think ive got just about all the information I need here.

Still pissed about him not waiting to do that kill.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
vollkan wrote:
DGB wrote: It's a risk I've seen many a scum take.
I've never seen it, but I accept that it happens. That doesn't in any way justify a miller lynching policy; surely the best course of action is simply to play as normal and, if they are scummy, lynch them.
You've seen it... You've seen Albert B. Rampage do it. Remember?
Which game?
DGB wrote: This is a big game. Wait until you're investigated and found guilty. IF that happens, which it may never. Claiming Day 1 in a mini is an iffy move, but in a large theme game with a huge number of players, it is mischief-making.
I don't understand what you mean here.
Jordan wrote: I'm in too many mafias, to tell the truth. And to make my ability more clear, I get to hug somebody. And then explode. At the same time.
You were just asked why you claimed; this doesn't explain it.
KMD wrote: Volkan, rather than tell me I'm wrong, tell me HOW I'm wrong.
I'm assuming you are referencing this:
Vollkan wrote:
KMD wrote: Volkan, I just don't understand why Spy backed off so quickly. You gave an excuse for DeathNote and Spy just bought it without seeming to really think about much aside from the speed of the wagon. Not all speedwagons are on town, which Spy just saw in a game where we were scumbuddies.
As Spy has already said, your interpretation of what happened here is wrong.
Spy did explain it, but whatever.

To begin with, I'll quote from one of Spy's earlier posts which summarises the logic of the wagon:
Spy wrote: 1.) His statement makes it very clear he didn't read the opening post.
2.) Further, due to the confirmation mechanics he was forced to read his PM
3.) From that AND from the opening post it is clear what the win condition is.

Thus

1.) His not knowing said win condition is testament to not having said win condition.
Basically, Premise 1) contradicts Conclusion 1). If DN hadn't read the opening post, as indeed the wagoners accepted, he couldn't possibly have been able to deduce from his role PM that Council was Town (indeed, the very phrase "The Council" would seem reasonably lead one to the opposite conclusion).

In short, far from indicating scumminess, DN's statements actually make it more likely he is of Council alignment - because he showed knowledge of what a Council PM says.
DN wrote: I think... that killing me would not benefit the town. I need to survive at least one night. However, your the bomb so it is up to you in the end.
This makes no sense.

Think about it: When DN was at L-1 (or L-2...however high the wagon on him got) he self-voted in anger and basically had a general hissy-fit. If he actually had some super-special power that meant he was of utility to the rest of the town if he lived more than one night, he would have claimed it back then.

This confuses me, though, because as I just said, the whole "Is Council Town?" fiasco had me thinking he was indeed Council.

....and now I see Jordan has bombed him.
KK wrote: If a cop wants to check their sanity, they will investigate themselves.
I was under the impression that there is a general rule against self-investigations in the same way that there is a general rule against self-protects by doctors.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="DrippingGoofball"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]let's lynch stark

[]===[/quote]

I'll pass.[/quote]Want a cookie for it?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ben, your reaction to my fake kill still has me thinking you are scum. I only unvoted you because DeathNote's post looked like a slip.

Volkan, yeah, you guys were right I guess.

Ben, thoughts on Spy?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Snow_Bunny wrote:@KK: I thought I already answered that. I'll turn up guilty for flavor, not for power. And, does this matter why?
So, why'd you call it your power?
Snow_Bunny (262) wrote:First, as I wasn't listed any partners, I supposed I was town. Second, the flavor make me think I was town.
Third, my power, when I'm investigated I look like a converter,
make me believe I was town (well, I still haven't played the first mafia where scum has investigative roles). And fourth, though it wasn't on my pm, the flavor of the first role confirmed my suspicions that The Council was town (the npc found dead was the leader of The Council).
vollkan wrote:Think about it: When DN was at L-1 (or L-2...however high the wagon on him got) he self-voted in anger and basically had a general hissy-fit. If he actually had some super-special power that meant he was of utility to the rest of the town if he lived more than one night, he would have claimed it back then
DeathNote was never at L-1. He wasn't even close. He self-voted when he was at L-8 which was pretty much where the wagon crested.
vollkan wrote:I was under the impression that there is a general rule against self-investigations in the same way that there is a general rule against self-protects by doctors.

I've never heard of that rule. The no self-protect rule for doctor is vital because it stops them from being virtually unkillable. But a self-investigating cop loses an investigation on others in order to check sanity.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 am

Post by milkshake »

Though, I'm pretty sure I know what Rosso Carne's ability is.
What is it? Or don't you want to share. :P
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:10 am

Post by vollkan »

Kmd wrote: Volkan, yeah, you guys were right I guess.
*headdesk*

You shouldn't have needed a reveal to understand this. See, from where I am sitting, I proved way back in my first attack on the wagon that it was pure and utter rubbish. You've kept labouring the point - only now seemingly throwing in the towel because of the death.

So, I have a question for you: Why did you not think my rebuttal of the DN wagon was sufficient to justify its dismantle?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 am

I think vollkan just caught us some scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”