RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dank wrote:Ray:

Um, what? A policy lynch is lynching someone for being unhelpful, annoying, anti-town whatever, but NOT scummy. That is what the khamisa lynch is to me.

Its a win win situation? We don't know khamisa is scum. If we get rid of an anti town player and get mafia closer to their win condition, thats a win for town? What alignment exactly are you?
Khamisa has been scummy by being anti-town.

If I think somebody is scum, and they aren't being in any way beneficial to town, then it's a win-win, in my mind.

One way, they flip scum and woot, we killed scum.

The other way, we kill a townie that has been virtually useless and will no longer be distracting or a target for scum to use in the future (say, lylo).

In essence, assuming we mislynch today and tomorrow (but don't lynch khamisa), then we are letting khamisa fly by through lylo on the off chance that being so anti-town, unhelpful, and harmful to town is actually all
such
a townie thing to do. So, basically, letting khamisa fly by on being "too scummy" to be scum. Hence the logical fallacy comment that you have conveniently avoided replying to.
don't you feel silly now?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Empking wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:I'm trying to decide if khamisa is just a poor player or considerably scummy. He should at least have some sort of suspicions at this point.
She didn't play like this when I've played with her before.
Well all three of us were in Open 146 where she only had one vote all game.

Which means she has played like this when you played with her before.

unvote, vote: Empking
?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hi paradox!!! :D :D :D

why don't you weigh in on the dank & me debate? :D
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Paradox if she exhibited this behavior before then why have you been pressing her for it. She was town in that role correct? And why did you put a question mark after your vote on empking?

Dank, please tell me who you suggest would be a more profitable lynch in place of khamisa.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by dank »

Ray's strong insistence on what he basically calls a policy lynch pulls me back in his direction once again. I really don't like how he's saying that town wins if khamisa happens to be a townie and we mislynch. I'm sorry, a mislynch of a townie does not help my win condition. She is not sabotaging our game, she just has a more cautious playing style, a style which, like paradox said, matches other games. I honestly can't fathom mafia purposefully playing this kind of game on d1; it makes no sense to me.

Ray's last few posts were very interesting. He really wants this lynch to go through, on what I think is a very weak case. He seems to be really grasping at straws to explain her scumminess, when all it is is just antitown. Again, his points of 1. lynching an unhelpful townie as being good for town, and 2. anti-town = scummy really seem like scum trying to hang on to what looked like an easy lynch as it might start to slip away.

Of course, i'm not proclaiming Ray as scum at this point, there's plenty more to analyze, and it'll be interesting to see what happens next, but Ray is prime suspect at the moment. Call it blatant defense of khamisa if you'd like, but this makes alot more sense to me than a khamisa lynch.

vote: RayFrost

Would very much like to hear from the rest of you about the latest discussion we've been having.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Paradox if she exhibited this behavior before then why have you been pressing her for it. She was town in that role correct? And why did you put a question mark after your vote on empking?
Well I was kinda lazy about checking the games we were in, and pressing people is it's own reward. Looking back, she was actually less passive in another game the three of us were in where she was scum. That seems more significant to me, but I'm unsure if I want to change the lynch this close to deadline, because there are still aspects of her play that bother me, like her interest in lynching the claimed doc.
-George Washington

So it goes.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by dank »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Paradox if she exhibited this behavior before then why have you been pressing her for it. She was town in that role correct? And why did you put a question mark after your vote on empking?
Well I was kinda lazy about checking the games we were in, and pressing people is it's own reward. Looking back, she was actually less passive in another game the three of us were in where she was scum. That seems more significant to me, but I'm unsure if I want to change the lynch this close to deadline, because there are still aspects of her play that bother me, like her interest in lynching the claimed doc.
Why would close proximity to the deadline stop us from making a more informed, and perhaps better, choice?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote:Hi paradox!!! :D :D :D

Khamisa is likely to be the best lynch in my mind, but I share dank's concerns.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

dank wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
Why would close proximity to the deadline stop us from making a more informed, and perhaps better, choice?
Because it's hard to simultaneously scumhunt and line up an agreeable lynch. Which is also why I'm hesitant to go after Empking.

unvote, vote: Khamisa
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dank wrote:Ray's strong insistence on what he basically calls a policy lynch pulls me back in his direction once again. I really don't like how he's saying that town wins if khamisa happens to be a townie and we mislynch. I'm sorry, a mislynch of a townie does not help my win condition. She is not sabotaging our game, she just has a more cautious playing style, a style which, like paradox said, matches other games. I honestly can't fathom mafia purposefully playing this kind of game on d1; it makes no sense to me.

Ray's last few posts were very interesting. He really wants this lynch to go through, on what I think is a very weak case. He seems to be really grasping at straws to explain her scumminess, when all it is is just antitown. Again, his points of 1. lynching an unhelpful townie as being good for town, and 2. anti-town = scummy really seem like scum trying to hang on to what looked like an easy lynch as it might start to slip away.

Of course, i'm not proclaiming Ray as scum at this point, there's plenty more to analyze, and it'll be interesting to see what happens next, but Ray is prime suspect at the moment. Call it blatant defense of khamisa if you'd like, but this makes alot more sense to me than a khamisa lynch.

vote: RayFrost

Would very much like to hear from the rest of you about the latest discussion we've been having.
Hi dank! :D :D :D

Busting out the chainsaw for your friend so soon? :D

So... your case on me is pushing the lynch of somebody I think is scum and, even if they aren't, wouldn't help town anyway. Okay, I admit that I'm aggressively pushing the case of my biggest suspect. What a shock.

Also, I've pushed cases that are far worse than this one (check my first game, for example: pushed for a lynch on somebody I had no evidence against... got fought down, but it turns out they actually were scum, and they got lynched at a later date) as town, so yeah.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by dank »

Your counterargument is that your cases are typically crappy?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Paradoxombie wrote:

Dank's concerns that I'm scum that's being hyperaggressive, reaching, and overall making a complete and total idiot of himself if this goes wrong? That about sums it up, except I'm town.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dank wrote:Your counterargument is that your cases are typically crappy?
Nope.

My counterargument is that you finding me scummy for doing this weird thing called
pushing for the lynch of the one I find to be the scummiest player
is, in fact, a crappy case.
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by dank »

Do notice rayfrost tossing aside the two page discussion about khamisa being scummy vs antitown, in favor of saying i'm voting him just because he's confident in his case.

It's very interesting.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:

Dank's concerns that I'm scum that's being hyperaggressive, reaching, and overall making a complete and total idiot of himself if this goes wrong? That about sums it up, except I'm town.
I just meant I'm often second guessing whether what I think is scummy really is reason to lynch someone.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Tenchi »

VOTE COUNT

(4) Khamisa - Empking, CSL, Lynx The Antithesis, Paradoxombie

(1) RayFrost - dank

Not Voting: Khamisa, Haylen, Deuxieme Octopus, RayFrost

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
DEADLINE: September 28, 2009 6:30 PM PST
Last edited by Tenchi on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dank wrote:Do notice rayfrost tossing aside the two page discussion about khamisa being scummy vs antitown, in favor of saying i'm voting him just because he's confident in his case.

It's very interesting.
Do notice dank has argued the semantics between anti-town and scummy for two pages with me and is somehow using said semantic to call me scummy.

It's very interesting.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote:
dank wrote:Do notice rayfrost tossing aside the two page discussion about khamisa being scummy vs antitown, in favor of saying i'm voting him just because he's confident in his case.

It's very interesting.
Do notice dank has argued the semantics between anti-town and scummy for two pages with me and is somehow using said semantic to call me scummy.

It's very interesting.
You're reacting quite a bit to one vote. No need to lose composure.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

:D
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Paradoxombie wrote:
RayFrost wrote:

It's very interesting.

It's very interesting.
Eh, I'm calm. I'm just defending myself blow for blow :wink:
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
RayFrost wrote:

It's very interesting.

It's very interesting.
But then your response feeds the conflict, rather than alleviating it. Looking town isn't the town's primary responsibility, it's scum's.
fos
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Paradoxombie wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
RayFrost wrote:

It's very interesting.

It's very interesting.
But then your response feeds the conflict, rather than alleviating it. Looking town isn't the town's primary responsibility, it's scum's.
fos
Ummm... this has nothing to do with "looking town" at all, for me. I'm pushing my case for khamisa while dank is pushing his case fo rme. I defend myself while trying to attack khamisa, and dank is attacking me while defend khamisa.

They are intertwined, so to separate one part from the other is difficult at best.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Ray, Dank is pushing you because you claimed that it's a win win to lynch khamisa. Regardless of whether he comes up scum or town. This is wrong because even if a townie acts against the town he is still valuable for the majority over scum. It's anti-town in itself to not care about lynching a townie.
Paradox wrote:Looking town isn't the town's primary responsibility, it's scum's. fos
This isn't necessarily true. Vanilla's should try to look as town as possible to draw the nightkill away from the power roles.

You are right though, Paradox, that it's a little too late to orchestrate another lynch properly. A hasty wagon switch this close to deadline would be chaotic and probably lead us to an even worse choice. Khamisa isn't helping with the lack of any solid participation.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Empking »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Empking wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:I'm trying to decide if khamisa is just a poor player or considerably scummy. He should at least have some sort of suspicions at this point.
She didn't play like this when I've played with her before.
Well all three of us were in Open 146 where she only had one vote all game.

Which means she has played like this when you played with her before.

unvote, vote: Empking
?
I really can't remember alkl the games I've played.

I could only recall one specific game when I made that post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote: Ummm... this has nothing to do with "looking town" at all, for me. I'm pushing my case for khamisa while dank is pushing his case fo rme. I defend myself while trying to attack khamisa, and dank is attacking me while defend khamisa.

They are intertwined, so to separate one part from the other is difficult at best.
Yeah but to me it seems like it became more serious after he put a vote on you.

You say you're going "blow for blow" but the argument is his responsibility more than yours. Going blow for blow in his argument on you makes it look like your trying to prove yourself innocent now.

Lynx, the best way to appear townie is to concentrate on scumhunting over making arguments about why youre doing the right things. For me anyway. Someone clearly trying to look townie is being counterproductive in a game with me because that's going to attract my attention.
-George Washington

So it goes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”