Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

DeathNote wrote:OMG didn't give us anything to go off of for serious votes. He was simply the best option since he lacked the ability to defend himself.
OMG did give us reasons for serious votes, and his inability to defend himself is not normally a good thing. In no way was the town convinced of his (OMG's) scumminess originally, but in his defense he admitted he was scummy, and the fact that he ran just screams "I got caught." to me. I still think he's the most scummy, and even if it was hard for OMG to dig himself out, RayFrost now has taken up the role. There is no reason for me to expect an explanation from OMG that I don't from Ray. It's not unreasonable to want some sort of comment. I think its unfortunate from a player's stand point that Ray starts with this stigma, and I think Ray realizes that he's starting from behind (his first comment was on how he was replacing the guy with the biggest wagon).

I want to keep the pressure up, and he is my biggest suspect, so:
Vote: RayFrost
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Hello Albert B. Rampage and RayFrost!

@ABR: Very interesting. I have to say I didn't see Roo's posts in that light before and it really piques my curiosity. I'll have to go re-read the posts in order to figure out what, I think, are the context of her posts.

@Ray: Obviously, as OMG's replacement, you got some explainin' to do.
Reason I didn't earlier: MS stopped working in the middle of my reread and, when it started up, it was around 11:50 PM ish... I sleep at 12 AM.

First off, I'd like to say (in bolded):

I do not approve of the use of the newbie card as a defense of any scummy behavior. I personally believe it shouldn't be used at all, but, if you intend to use it, have some criteria so it can't just be used generally or selectively. Keep a single standard for it or don't use it at all.

And now... I'll finish my read and get back to yah.
don't you feel silly now?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In that case...

Vote: RayFrost

Let him respond before someone hammers...
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Claim it up, Ray my man.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Claim it up, Ray my man.
I'm not claiming :| so go do your rampaging while I do my thang. >.>

alright, gimme a few minutes to find something (a symbol I use for my LoSes) and then you'll have a fully written LoS from me within the next 20 minutes or so (tops, though I doubt it'll take that long)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:59 pm

You're at L-1, I'm about to hammer, claim dude. Please, for you. Claim your role.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I think he's at L-2. Votes for RayFrost: T-chan, me, DN.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Okay, I'm about to do my usual replacing in LoS:

here is how it works:

top to bottom, scummiest to towniest reads

top of scummy section is scummiest, bottom is just barely above the top of neutral, which is neutral leaning scummy, bottom of neutral is leaning town but just below the top of the town reads and bottom of town reads is me, the confirmed town :lol:

That's how it works.

And PE has the vote amount right. I see no reason to claim.

scummy

Pablo - the early desire to post little content if the town was active displays a desire to not be noticed by the town, and the continued pushing for people to "pile votes" on players that pablo finds scummy is fine, but to suspect those that agree with pablo on who to vote because they unvote for good reason is scummy. In addition, it can be seen as a way to distance from the quite-possibly-soon-to-happen-lynch of OMGl/Me

magical kangaRoo - buddying up to OMGl, very poor defense constituting "he's a newbie!" I don't approve of the defense, and it seems like an attempt to seem pro-town when OMGl flips town and, thus, avoid suspicion. This is supported by the fact the kangaRoo has not made even a moderately decent defense of him, and the defense made is half assed.

Toringu-Chan - something feels off about her, but I can't get a bed on it :? really annoying, but gut says scummy, and my gut in my first game pinned down both scum (though I failed to convince town of that >.> my arguments sucked)

neutral

mafia_failure / ABR - MF did some fence sitting on the MGl case, but other than that, I've got nothing. ABR seems fine.

DN - I put him here, but he's obv. scum. he's obviously the one manipulating events so I replace into games with him in them :lol: seriously though, no real read on him so far.

MM - seems active and scum hunting (in contrast to a specific game in mind... >.>) asks decent enough questions, but I don't get a full town feel in all, just leaning that way

townish

HavingFitz - HF has played pretty much the same ways as the previous game (was town), and the choices made seem like a pro-town player (unvoting so as to give me a chance to make my analysis, for example). good read for now.

RayFrost - such an epic townie... his obv. townness is blinding to me, and I bow down to his magnificence :lol:

that's all folks...

oh wait, yeah... game experience

2 completed games, and currently in 15 ongoing ones.

I possibly prefer scum as a role, but I've yet to complete a game as scum (might be scum in some of my games, but that would be telling, which is a no-no :wink: ).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Unvote, vote RayFrost
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 pm

L-1, claim claim claim
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote RayFrost
wth... did you vote me purely to get me to claim?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Because I think OGMl was scummy, but I really want to know the claim
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Because I think OGMl was scummy, but I really want to know the claim
... so my LoS doesn't do shit for yah? noted.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Posting content doesn't magically change your role, Ray...I really want you to claim.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Okay, here is the magnificent claim of epicness :roll:

I'm a pro-town role. Saying the actual role would give scum fewer people to try and find the potential PRs in, so that's all you get from me :wink:
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I seem forgotten from your list, other than the fact I got the vote count right.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Posting content doesn't magically change your role, Ray...I really want you to claim.
Eh, if you want a full claim of actual role instead of alignment, it's going to be the cliche one any smart scum would claim anyway at this point in the game.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PaltryExcuse wrote:I seem forgotten from your list, other than the fact I got the vote count right.
fuck >.< I thought I was missing somebody, but I forgot who sorry about that.

you'd be at the top of the townish reads list.

although you are pushing for the lynch of the player you find scummiest, you aren't trying to rush things along and are keeping a cool head. Despite that, I find HF to be more pro-town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Which?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Ray's LoS never do anything for him. :D

I would like you to claim as well although I am expecting VT, whether you are town or scum. I think your LoS is fine as some of my suspicions match yours (excluding how you put yourself on town).
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:44 pm

RayFrost wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Posting content doesn't magically change your role, Ray...I really want you to claim.
Eh, if you want a full claim of actual role instead of alignment, it's going to be the cliche one any smart scum would claim anyway at this point in the game.
So you claim cop?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
So you claim cop?
uh... no. That'd be retarded as town or scum.

Especially so for town, since I'm not.

I'm V.T.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

MiteyMouse wrote:So T-Chan, do you see how it could look like you are defending H-Fitz?
Huh~? I
am
defending havingfitz because I don't think he's scum. I never said I wasn't... I don't approve of lynching him based on his impatience alone~ ^_^
Rayfrost wrote:
I do not approve of the use of the newbie card as a defense of any scummy behavior. I personally believe it shouldn't be used at all, but, if you intend to use it, have some criteria so it can't just be used generally or selectively. Keep a single standard for it or don't use it at all.
I hate the newbie card as much as you do, but keep in mind that this is a newbie game~ =_=;; If we didn't allow it, we'd be lynching newbies all the time.. @_@;

Also, I find it funny how you chose to give a LoS rather than defending yourself at L-1. ^_^;; You should try defending yourself...

One of the weirdest things about OMGLyncher (I found) was hisinconsistency when it came to votes on him.... o_O; At first, he seemed to believe that the suspicion on him was warranted -- but a post later, suddenly I'm a big bad meanie and everything I said is a "baseless accusation"~ TT_TT Then he disappears... What do you think about that, RayFrost?
Rayfrost wrote:I'm a pro-town role. Saying the actual role would give scum fewer people to try and find the potential PRs in, so that's all you get from me ;)
Ahh, why so coy? ^u^;

I love how I am high on the scum list for random inexplicable reasons!! ^____^
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:So T-Chan, do you see how it could look like you are defending H-Fitz?
Huh~? I
am
defending havingfitz because I don't think he's scum. I never said I wasn't... I don't approve of lynching him based on his impatience alone~ ^_^
Rayfrost wrote:
I hate the newbie card as much as you do, but keep in mind that this is a newbie game~ =_=;; If we didn't allow it, we'd be lynching newbies all the time.. @_@;

Also, I find it funny how you chose to give a LoS rather than defending yourself at L-1. ^_^;; You should try defending yourself...

One of the weirdest things about OMGLyncher (I found) was hisinconsistency when it came to votes on him.... o_O; At first, he seemed to believe that the suspicion on him was warranted -- but a post later, suddenly I'm a big bad meanie and everything I said is a "baseless accusation"~ TT_TT Then he disappears... What do you think about that, RayFrost?
Rayfrost wrote:I'm a pro-town role. Saying the actual role would give scum fewer people to try and find the potential PRs in, so that's all you get from me ;)
Ahh, why so coy? ^u^;

I love how I am high on the scum list for random inexplicable reasons!! ^____^
1. You are hardly "high" on it. You are barely scummy at all >.> Did you read my explanation of the positions?

I wasn't at L-1 at the time of the LoS. Also, the only defense bad play has is it was stupid. Not really a defense, much.

Imo, his play would be classified as dumb play, but not necessarily scummy play. Some individuals are tentative by nature, so they are unlikely to push their ideas when there is anything even somewhat aggressive toward them. Then some experience mood swings that lead them to be aggressive toward their attackers and then they slip away again after the heat of the moment in a mix of embarrassment and self-doubt, etc, etc.

That's a rambly defense of his bad play, and it's the best you can get out of me in defense of it, in all likelihood.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
Rayfrost wrote:
Eh, that's why I said "keep a single standard for it or don't use it at all" as my opinion on it. Either you use it equally across the board or not at all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”